Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born In September 2006

Adele - we're keeping this space hot for you mate, come on girls hurry up and join us!
    Helen - glad that Eithan isn't as bad as Nikolaus but it does get tiring though. My c/s scar is still 'raw' on one side anditching like a made woman at a myers sale. My nipples are calming down thank god, yourve helped me see there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I swear I am never going to get them pierced! Have to say that Eithan's pic on your ticker is beautiful. I could just eat him up.
    Im very happy that we were lucky enough to have a girl this time but there's just that little something that makes you think...hmmmmm I'd love another boy. I don't really want any more babies, 3's enough for me and Jed (Jed would end up in a looney bin as he's the one who gets postnatal depression, not me) but I loved having my little boys as babies. I think its a mummy son thing.
    Ow have any off you noiticed how much hair is coming out when you brush it? My god Im going to end up bald at this rate.
    tea time is calling me and i suppose I better put it one while Vyolett is still alseep. She generally want to eat at the same time as us so she's on my bb im trying to eat, very unco.
    xxmaz

thanks maz for keeping a seat hot for me. Im trying to get this baby out but it just wont come i have been cleaning like mad. i even tried your trick of mopping the floors and towel drying them lol. ahh well only 8 days left till my due date hopefully they induce me by next friday.

well im outta her going to lay down getting dizzy from sneezing ( me dont like spring much )

seeya girls

Adele

Hurry up and get your butt in here Adele!

My son is officially a piggy... he got weighed today and has gained 380grams in ONE WEEK! OMG! Obviously I must make some damn good boobymilk LOL (no wonder I'm loosing weight - the piglet is taking it all). He is now 4kgs which is 1kg over his birth weight.

im trying as hard as i can. might have to jump the hubby lol.

wow that is a very good weight gain for a baby lol. you must make good booby milk lol. hope i can bf lol i want to lose as much weight as i can lol.

Seeya

Adele

WOW Anna, that is great news re the weight gain. It really does fell good when you can manage to have your baby put on wieght and be healthy all thanks to you. With Bella BF didnt put weight on her so I had to formula top up, so to have Eithan put on weight by just having booby milk is great. So I am so happy for you.
    Adele, sending you lots of labour vibes, goodluck jumping the hubby.
    Maz what a beautiful little sleeper you still have there. How are the boys coping having her around, especially Wilhelm. Thanks for saying Eithan is cute, I think so too but maybe I'm just biased. But then again I think all of the babies here are adorable. We are one lucky bunch of mummies.
    My hair is thickening up, ugh. I was lucky enough to have it thin out during pregnancy but now it is coming back. I have really thick hair.

Eithan is feeding constantly and is having wind pains etc. Just wondering how do you count the hrs between feeds? I count from the start of one feed to the start of the next. Dh is doing a good job at the moment of calming him, but I think he is ready for a feed again. Less than 1/2 hr after coming off the boob sound asleep, go figure. I guess he is really putting on the weight now, might get him checked again soon. I am thinking of taking a weekly photo of Bella and Eithan and updating my ticker accordingly.

Well must go. Got to do the milk run again.

Oh forgot to say something funny happened today. Was changing Eithans nappy and just as I lifted his legs to put some cream on his bum he started peeing. It got him on the cheek and above his head, then I lowered him and it went straight past me and got Bella who stood there screaming in horror. It was so funny I was dumbstruck and took me a few moments to think to cover his doodle up. Good news though he missed his clothes so I didnt have to change them.

Love

Helen - Xander was (still is!) trying to feed 2 hourly... at one stage it was hourly! We are now trying to slowly stretch out his feeds to 3 hourly as we know he is gaining enough weight to not cause any probs by doing so and I honestly wouldn't mind a longer break between feeds. At the moment, we are stalling his feeds by 15 minutes, once he is used to that, we'll add another 15 minutes until we get to 3 hourly feeds. The MCHN suggested that *possibly* I was contributing to the wind as he was feeding so often and I have such a fast letdown that causes him to gulp. I'll let you know how we go, so far Xander is pretty stroppy in those 15 minutes!
    Oh and you are counting the time between feeds right. LOL at the rogue doodle incident... our little man got himself in the face the other day as I wasn't quick enough with the new nappy, was not happy!

hey girls,

helen - thanks for the lb vibes. i was getting some pains last night but nothing happened. simon offered to do the deed but i just cried and went to sleep he said this morning that i mustnt be that far away if i cried about doing the deed lol.
    LOL at eithan peeing everywhere my brother did that to me when i was watching mum change him lol.

Anna- good luck on the feeding plan you have hope it works and stops him being sick. Simon was like that as a kid and had to be put on medication which he is still on from it. Hope Alexander isnt that bad. Good luck.

Well i better be off and get akira to kindy soon.

Adele

hi girls,
    just a quick post to say i am here as i am nursing my angel in my arms. she is doing really well, even though she needs a 50ml top up after every feed. the last few nights she finishes feeding about 11pm and that's it till about 7.30am.... which is now so I better go and feed her. will work at getting some pics up soon... just no time! thinking of you all

xxx

How's the one-handed typing going Rikki? It's amazing how fast you get really good at doing everything with one hand. Great to see you here and hear that all is well.

Adele - It's only a very rough feeding plan, if he is really hungry and distressed I'm not gonna make him hold out. But I do hope it works too!!!

Hello mummies
    Im still in my pj's and its what 1.10pm. I am going to have a shower soon (ha if I can get there)
    Anna - what an amazing weight gain Alex had. Your boobies are worth their weight in gold honey.
    Helen - I count from the start of the feed aswell. Oh the lact nurse told me that a dumby can help with wind. I though yeah bull but it works with Vyolett. If I cant get her wind up, I pop her dumby in her mouth and within 5 mins she's letting on rip. Oh as for Wilhelm, thanks for asking mate, He loves her to death. He keeps asking her to come and play with him. We know that he excepted her to because he was writing her name at kinder on friday which spun out his kinder teacher.
    O.M.G Rikki - you truely have a little angel there sleeping from 11pm until 7.30 am. Im so happy you found your way here hon and that everything is beautiful for you.
    Adele - Im still waiting woman. Get on the bl))dy trampoline and jump babe, jump that bubba out of there!
    I had to put Vyolett to sleep in her cot today so I could change her sheets and blankets in her bassinet. She looks so tiny its not funny.
    Suppose I better have that shower and finally get dressed.
    until later
    xxmaz

Just popping in to hear all the baby gossip. Won't be too much longer til I join you all. I'm due today but no signs yet, the most I'll have to wait is 10 days to be induced. I have Ob appt mon and if haven't gone by then I'll tell him to book me in for next Wed or Thurs, that'll be 7-8 days past, plenty of time to let her come naturally.
    Anna- I can't believe Alex is almost a month old! That time has just flown.

Your boobies are worth their weight in gold honey
    So how much does an 'A' cup weigh? PMSL!

Snap Maz- I was going to mention the dummy thing too.

Anna-If you have no objections to giving Alexander a dummy I would definantly try it. When we had Bella we were told that when babies get pains or wind etc all they want to do is suck. However the sucking-getting more milk, can quite often make the problem worse. We tried numerous dummies with her however she wouldnt take any off them. The next best thing is to give bubs to hubby as they cant smell the milk and to try and get him to settle him another one I was told by the clinic sister was to try and distract them, by taking them for a walk putting them in a baby carrier etc. Nothing worked for me with Bella unfortunately. But you never know, some babies are just the way they are, we had a hard 1st year with Bella, it does get better though.
    With Eithan we took a dummy to hospital with us and he is taking it. But dont worry if bubs is truly hungry there will be noway that he will take a dummy and if he does like Eithan will spit it out after about a min and continue screaming. It's taken awhile to figure this whole thing out but with patience and support from DH it is starting to get better. We try to get Eithan to 3hrs and dont really like to let him go past 5hrs(yeah right havent even had that issue yet). That's what we were told from the midwife anyway as he was having weight issues(not enough). Although now I am just going to let him sleep as long as he wants, with his jaundice nearly gone I am sure he will wake when he is hungry.

Maz-Glad to hear that Wilhelm is getting on so well with Vyollete. How stoked were you about him writing her name? That is such great news to hear.

Riki-Welcome. Sorry to hear that you had problems with Ansleigh's weight. Glad to hear that it is all sorted now and that she is having top ups. I had the same thing with Bella. Plus it gives you the chance to have a rest while DH feeds her the top up.

Nat-Hope things are going well.

Not long now Shellbell. Sending you lots of labour vibes.

Well so far the girls are great sleepers and the boys are hungry feeders. I wonder if this trend will continue.

Eithan is asleep. I put him in a cotton sleeping bag and then wrapped him and he seems so content. He vomited over practically the whole front and sleeve of his growsuit so I had no choice but to change him. He didnt scream though so that's good. I have figured out the nappy changes now. He is in disposables so I put a clean one under him then chnage him and quickly put the new one over his doodle as the old one gets taken away, so far, so good.

Well ladies time to clean the house and get tea prepared while I have the chance.

Anna-posted at the same time ROFL a cup.
    Love
    Last edited by **Helen**; September 13th, 2006 at 02:22 PM.

Hey girls,

Hopefully i will be in here by the end of next week hopefully.

Maz- Im trying i have been cleaning the house and going for walks all im getting at the moment is a sore back and some little tightings nothing big.

helen p - like how you have this nappy changing thing worked out im going to try that method lol. akira never did pee everywhere when i changed her lol only when simon did hhaha.

Anna - good luck with anything you try. I did the dummy thing with akira as well just forgot about that one lol. there is also some stuff you can get from the chemist called infant friend i think its called that i will ask my friend her little boy has bad reflux and wind problems . and he is only 2 wks old the midwife told her about it.

well im going to go and walk for a bit.

seeya girls

p.s ill let you know if anything happens maz .

I dont know about peeing but Vyolett has a bad habit of just pooing when you go to put the new nappy under her bum . Oh and its that lovely yellow runny pooh. Thank god it doesn't smell like formula poo did.
    Helen - it took us to have Vyolett to finally have a baby that is content. Nikolaus had the reflux and screamed and screamed with it from day dote. Wilhelm just screamed no matter what I did (we now know why) and Vyolett is just happy sleeping, eating and poohing. I told Jed that if she keeps this up I'll be wanting number 4 but knowing our luck we'll get another screamer so Im not pushing it. Three's a nice little number.
    Anna - Lucky im still wearing a pad cause I peed myself with you 'A' comment. I'll lend you my milk jugs babe, a bloody F and still growing ahhhhhhh
    Shell - I cant believe your still pg, especially since we were due on the same day, today. Jed's nan was a bit upset cause its her 95th birthday today and it would have been nice pressy for her..but she's just happy we're all ok.
    Better go and organise tea as my worms are biting. Im so hungry now. Such a change from being pg when I couldn't eat anything.
    OH Domi nurse came and weighed Vyolett..she's put on 110grams since last thursday. Dom nurse was really happy with that. only 50 grams more and she's back to her birth weight. Changes Vyolett's ticker pic too. Jed took this one the other night. He called it her mug shot.
    until later
    xxmaz

Great pic Maz! I've been super duper hungry since breastfeeding too... I'm constantly eating!

Thanks with the suggestions of the dummy girls. I'm not against trying things, so all advice/ideas appreciated. He is sort of taking a dummy... it has taken me nearly a week of persistantly holding it in his mouth. Even so, he spits it out heaps.

Another September Mummy popped. Hopefully we'll see Ambz over here real soon!

Aha! So this is where you are! What's the date today...the 13th? Give me 3 weeks I reckon. Just to cheer you about what you're all missing out on, I'll have to cut this short cos I have to take something for my heartburn and pee as well.

Hope everything's going well for you girls, might pop in another time just to keep up to date with you all xo

I'm hoping I can join in here as well. Nina was born in August, but I've been following you girls in the Pregnancy Buddies as I was due on 1st September. I didn't post very much but followed you girls everyday!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast