Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born In September 2006

Welcome Jodi-Lee. Feel Free to join in. I had Eithan in August and Anna had Alexander in August too. Dont worry about not posting very much, it's still nice to have you onboard.

Love

Welcome Jodi-Lee! Like Helen said, there are a few of us that went early and are here anyway... so join in and update us when you can.

Nelle, hurry up and get your butt in here! lol.

Oh Nelle, I give you one and ahalf weeks hon and you'll be here.
    I am so not missing the awkwardness of carrying Vyolett around but Im mising my baby bump to rub and talk too.
    Thanks for putting my mind at ease with the excess intake of food Anna..I just polished of a jam donut and a tin of peach slices...Im really considering eating a snitzel sanga now with heaps of lettuce. Oh another thing for the wind situation. Ive been told to really watch what I eat cause it goes straight to bub. No cabbage, onion or anything that causes gas or tummy upsets normally. You could try laying Alexander on his tummy and giving him a massage to pass the gas. Its a good bonding thing to do aswell mate. Ive been using J&J night time massage oil with lavender. Its smells really yummy and helps Vyolett with her skin cause its dry.
    Ok Im going to the kitchen...that sanga is calling me....
    xxmaz

Welcome Jodi-Lee. I just scraped it in by 2 days but stick around. The more the merrier.
    Who cares when our bubs were born, we're all mates in here!
    OH I rang Caddie before. It looks like she'll be going home tomorrow hopefully if Ruby has put on enough weight. Caddie is going stir crazy since she's been in hospital since friday. IM off!
    xxmaz

Thanks girls!
    Just a quick question ... everyone talks about having an increased appetite while b/f, I don't have an appetite at all! I have to remind myself to eat most of the time. Is this normal? I'm worried my milk will decrease if I don't start eating. Is there any particular food you should be eating while b/f?

Hmmm... I was like that for about the first week Jodi-Lee, then I got an appetite that would rival any guy! I really don't think that it would impact your breastmilk as long as you are eating at least your main meals and drinking heaps of water (at least it didn't in my first week anyway).
    Maz - I'm being pretty careful about what I'm eating, and so far.. lengthning the time between his feeds is actually looking like it's working. He is actually sleeping better between the feeds as well... prolly cos he has less gas. Twice today, he had a 3 hour gap between feeds as he was asleep! Fingers crossed it stays this way.

I love the smell of that J&J oil but cannot use it on Xander as it (and every other J&J product) is making him peel! ewwwwww. So using Gaia stuff now as it hasn't got mineral oil in it which I think might be the problem... smells devine!

Jodi-Lee - not sure about particular foods. I'm sure eating properly and healthily is what I SHOULD be doing. No chance of that lately with so little time to cook anything decent. I'm still taking the Blackmores' Preg & BF'ing tablets as well as extra calcium, so maybe that is helping????

Yeah Jodi-Lee not too sure what is the right thing to eat. I am sure if you rang the breadtfeeding place they could let you know what your reccommended daily intake of stuff should be.

I have managed to give Eithan a bath and dress him without a single whimper. Usually when I take him out he screams, but tonight DH wrapped him immediately and I got some baby lotion out and gave him his first baby massage. He loved it. Well he is asleep now so I think I will go to bed. Sleep lovely ladies and babies!

Cant wait to hear from Bel.

Love

its fantastic that you worked out Alexander quickly with the longer gap thing between feeds. Im going to get some of the Gaia stuff payday cause little miss moo has come out in a rash. She's feeding every 2 hours through the day since yesterday. its the 2 week growth spurt thing.
    Helen - Eithan must be getting use to his baths. I would have felt so proude at him not crying. Great job mate, I bet you went to bed with a smile on your face. Oh I read your birth story too hon. I cried, sorry but I sort of felt alot of what you said. Leave that behind you now mate, think happy thoughts.
    Jodi - Im using a pg multi vitamin also and just basically eating my 5 vegies and 2 fruit minimum a day. Oh and im drinking heaps of milk.
    Best be heading, only have Vyolett home this morning so I want to make the most of it then we have to go to the hospital and do the heel ***** test again cause the nurse stuffed the first one, then off to the health nurse at 2. i'll ge a breather in there somewere????
    xxmaz

don't know how I managed it but had a great sleep last night with Nina going to bed at 8:30 and waking midnight, 3am & 6am for a feed only!! Now she's wide awake so trying to do the one hand typing thing.
    I have been taking a preg multi and trying to eat my 5 veg 2 fruit, and drinking heaps of water. Hopefully that's enough. She's getting weighed next Monday so I'll know if I've got enough milk for her then.

HI All !!!
    Just booking my spot in this group! My bubs will arrive no later than next wednesday 20th !
    xoxo

I hoping you wont have to wait until the 20th LIttle P...Im hanging for your text babe

Jodi-Lee... are you getting lots of wet nappies from Nina? If so, you've got plenty of milk.

Maz - The Gaia stuff is lovely, I'm waiting for some more funds so I can get some more stuff in the range. Welcome to the 2 hourly feed brigade! I bet she'll gain tonnes of weight now... enjoy your time together bonding today. Hope the heel ***** test isn't too stressful, let us know how you go.

Helen - It really sounds like Eithan and Alexander have lots in common! Xander used to hate his baths too, but is now actually starting to really enjoy them. So much nicer now we have a way to relax/settle the little guys.

LP - Look forward to seeing you here soon. Your seat is warmed and waiting.

Well, haircut time for me today!!! I'm gonna be brave. LOL. Will let ya know how I go as well as any updates from Bel.

We had the heel pric test done again but they did it in her hand this time. She didn't cry as much and nearly slept through it. I think I was more teary than her. Have decided to express for the next day or two cause my nipples are killing me. I told the health nurse who we just saw and she said it was a good idea cause of all the feeding miss moo is doing. They also stuffed up her measurments at hospital. Here I am thinking she's 56cm long but she only measured 51cm today. I thought she was to small to be 56cm. Vyolett also has a bad rash but I think its my fault cause i keep dressing her to warm. Ive just got a body suit on her now, one with now legs and its not as red and nasty looking. We just walked back from the clinic and my god I have a stitch and a half. Jed's getting a service on the car so I thought I'd walk down with WIlhelm. God shoot me, nah only joking, its to nice of a day to be sitting inside.
    Have to go hang my washing and start getting tea organised oh cant wait to see how you get your hair cut Anna. Im hanging to go to the hairdressers. I told Jed as soon as that money comes thrugh, im there.
    until later
    xxmaz

hey girls,

sounds like all these babies are doing really well in the wieght gain department. im hoping i can bf that well as it will be my first time doing that i coult never bf akira i had nothing in my boobies.

well i guess i will have to wait and see.

All the best girls and i should be in her with in the week or two.

Adele

I did it! I cut my hair!!! woo hoo.. feel so much lighter now, and I love the new cut. I uploaded a piccy to my homepage (bit of a dodgy one, but you get the idea. Will post a nicer one later). It was so nice just to get out of the house and pamper myself minus baby for a few hours. DH gave him a bottle of EBM which he took really well (yay!) - I guess I've finally found a teat he will take. Pigeon Peristalic ones... he hated the Avent, Pur and Tomee Tippee ones.

Maz - Glad the pric test went better this time! You shrunk your baby! LOL... can't believe they stuffed up her measurements.

Good luck with the induction on the 20th Little Princess.
    Anna** I know when I cut my hair off I felt sooo much better. Haven't been to the hairdresser since having Nina, though I'm due to go. I'm going to have a wax tomorrow so I feel a bit more normal.

Well we got our baby bonus through today so feel a little richer (for now anyway) it'll probably be spent within the week!!

LOL Jodi-Lee... the Gov must've been handing out money today. I got my bonus too! yay... shame it was already spent months ago (gotta love credit until you gotta pay it back)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast