Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #11

LP- Happy Birthday and I hope your day ends up being wonderful.
    Jazmum- I hope you get some mumma time soon. I know how you feel Olivia has been unsettled at night too and last night she start about 2.30am so by 3.15 I was so tired I gave her a bottle. Then I had Xavier in our bed.

Hello to everyone and have a wonderful day

LP - I hope you have an excellent day filled with lovely surprises, not the spotty purple notnice kind! Hope Scarlet's ok, let us know how she goes. x

Sorry for MIA, just had the chance to logon. PILs have been in our place for a few days now, three more weeks to go, ohhh noooo god please give me strength!
    BIL moved in several months ago and now his parents are here too. We get along quite fine when we're apart but now they're starting to get on my nerves. MIL literally follows me & William everywhere and keeps giving me her 'parenting' advice.
    'I raised 4 sons like this, blah .. blah ... blah... I don't know how long I can stand this. The other day we went to the mall and after MIL held W for 3hrs straight I took him from her cause it's passed his sleeping time already. Five minutes later, she said I looked tired and she wanted him back. I said I wasnt tired and he's almost asleep. After asking like that the 10th times, she said "give him to me and I guarantee he'll go to sleep straight away". I did, but even after an hour, he's still not sleeping. Do you know what she said? "Hahahaha, I lied to you & William" What the ?????
    Anyway sorry for complaining, just had to get it out of my system.
    Okay, now it?s time to read the previous posts so I can write some personals

Happy Birthday Hayley:!!!!!
    Hope your day is getting better, and hope Scarlet is ok.

Agnes - you poor, poor thing. That must be so stressful. Just take deep breaths and think of blue butterflies. [/COLOR]

My big girls are giving me the heebiejeebies!!!! I feel so bad 'cause i'm cranky all of the time, but i think the lack of sleep is leaving me with absolutely no patience. I think when the rain clears i might have to make sure that we visit a few parks.

renee - congrats on the BFN. I don't think i could handle two, but if i had to, i'm sure it could be done! like these other ladies online with 2 or more, what heroines they are!

happy b/day hayley - hope U have a wonderful day (what's left of it!)

Jazmum - i think you are doing a WONDERFUL job!

Hi Girls,

Selfesh post coming: God I am so mad I can not even spell... I am so sick of people thinking they are hard done but when in actual fact they are not. (employees i am talking about atm) I just feel like slappin then and tellin them to wake up to them selfs... I need a drink I think to calm me down. Ok now Iam feeling a bit better for venting that to you. Sorry....

Jazmum- I hope your afternoon is getting better and you have a wonderful nights sleep.
    Anges- I am feeling your pain. Just close your eyes and pretend she is not there or even better still do what I call the homer simpson... mmmmmdonuts. ( you look like you a listening but in actural fact you are off thinking about something else). I know it sounds terrible but sometimes there is need to do it. Hmmmm may be I should start doing it at work then I wont get so mad at people. (leanne is now giggling to herself)...

hey all gosh busy in here!!
    ive been really busy today i spent 300 on christmas in only a coupld of hours its scary!!! i did however buy for over 10 ppl so not too bad i suppose still 6 more ppl though gosh dp and i both have big families and it makes it hard!!!
    lp - hope it gets better from here and scarlet is alrite!!
    leanne - glad u ended up giggling
    jazmum - good idea about going to the park!! hope u get some more sleep soon!
    agnes - grrrr @ your mil how frustrating i cant believe she just ignores what you want!! ur very patient not just losing it with her i know i would have!!!

Happy birthday to LP!! Hope Scarlet is OK.

Jazmum - It's tough when they get you up a couple of times a night isn't it? K is still doing it (5 nights in a row now) and I'm running on empty - Don't know how I would be coping if I had another couple to look after as well. Sending out good sleeping and not hungry baby vibes to you (might keep a couple for myself though)

Renee - glad you got a negative, know exactly what you mean about wanting to enjoy your time with Rory now.

Agnes - you poor thing with the IL's. Hope you get a bit of a break from them at some stage.

Katie loves being nudie - the last really warm day we had she spent half an hour on the floor just kicking around completely starkers. Had a ball.

We just went and looked at the local child care centre. DH is freaking out about sending her there (even though it won't be until September next year). He thought it looked messy, but I figure any centre at 3:00 in the afternoon is going to look like a bit of a disaster zone. We'll go and check out a couple of other places next week. He's also not coping with having to pay to keep her spot when she's not there which is 11 weeks a year while he is on school holidays, that really adds up quickly.

Tried to have a nap this morning to catch up after another night of getting up twice, only managed about 20 minutes. The next time she went down she stayed asleep for a bit over 2 hours, why didn't I sleep then!!

Sherie, your xmas parties sound great, looking forward to see the pic. Sorry to hear about the parking ticket. I never had one myself but our cars are registered under my name, so every time DH got a speeding / parking ticket, it would be as if I was the one who got it.

Arte, love your ds name too Love his picture on your ticker, he looks like a big boy already. Btw, cant stop laughing on your dh song, it's hillarious

MD, talking abt coincidence! Hope ur days with ILs better than mine! Hugs to you, hope ur mastitis clears up soon. It breaks my heart to hear you need to take ab again, and this is a festive month! I remember we can only take the pills 1hr before eating and 2hrs after eating, what a hassle!

LP, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! What a wonderful thing you're doing for your nieces, the best xmas gift. Hope Scarlet feels better

Hayley, your art thing sounds brilliant, let us know how you go. I might want to steal your idea and make some prints as well hahaha. Imagining Maddie on the yellow dress, she must look so cute. Girls clothing are so much fun. I have the same feeling about childcare, dont know what I'll do when it's time to go back to work

Jazmum, aww your daughters are gorgeous! They are so beautiful. Makes me want another baby now, a girl hope you'll have better sleep tonight and can have a bit of a rest

Renee, how come I can see the casting picture? Is it on your gallery? Hope the bfn put your mind at ease now. And sounds like Rory will have a good time playing with the play set when he's bigger.

Cally, wow cloth nappies, you're so good. I've got heaps of cloth nappies but never used them cause I am too lazy to wash them everyday lol

Noni, yay on the homemade baby powder, I bet it smells lovely. Hhmm lavender

Gracie, glad that you had a lovely day at the doco. Have been eating badly as well, lots of chocolates, cakes, muffins, etc. BF makes me hungry all the time, I reckon I eat more than I was pregnant.

Katie, Logan looks so cute in the santa suit. Sorry to hear abt the weight, hope he regains that quickly

Leanne, hope you'll get plenty of mumma's time again. I don't know how you guys handle it though, a newborn and twin toddlers ... you're doing a great job in managing everything. Hope Olivia feels better. Btw I like your homer's idea, hhhhmmmm donuts ... I'm now practicing it lol

William had cradle cap a while ago, but I've been following the others advice and put some oil before the bath. It's almost gone now. I forgot who gave the advice, but thanks so much!
    He shed some hair a couple of weeks after birth, they just started to grow. Now he has lots of spiky little hair, looks like hairsprayed fringe, he's into fashion already LOL
    On mirror, He loves it. He can spend ages just talking and smiling to himself in front of the mirror. I reckon he thinks it's another baby.

eta - Cally hope you'll have better sleep tonight
    Noni, good luck on the xmas shopping. it's such a busy time isnt it, so many people in the shops
    Last edited by spring_ag; December 12th, 2007 at 04:28 PM. Reason: add

Happy Birthday LP!! Hope you are having a good day and bub's spots are nothing bad.

Leanne, hope your day is improving

Jazmum, I can understand that lack of sleep leaves you with no patience, my poor doggie knows all about it if I don't have enough sleep.

Ozstar, bummer about L's weight loss. Was it much? Will seems to have slowed down with his gains too, he has only put on about 600g in the last month. I weighed him today, he is 6.4kg and 64cm

MD, how is your mastitis? Hope it has cleared up.

Cally, hope that K starts sleeping better for you soon. Recently W went through about 5 days of waking every 1.5-2 hours at night, then did a 10.5 hour night, a week of 6-8 hour nights and atm is back to getting up twice a night. I have learnt not to get my hopes up when he sleeps through, just to take it as a happy catch up.

Renee, congrats on your BFN, I would freak if I got preg again now. We want our kids close in age, but not that close.

Agnes, sorry about the in-laws. Do you BF? Could you could hide away in the nursery to feed him to get a bit of alone time without your MIL following?

Well, after the tyre went flying off our Kombi van on Monday, DH was driving it in the city yesterday when all of a sudden it wouldn't go into gear. He called a tow truck and as it was going on he noticed that the C.V (the part that makes the wheel turn) wasn't joined to the wheel. It had fallen off. That was one of the things the garage were supposed to have fixed, it turns out the nuts were rounded and they couldn't do them up very tight but decided it would be good enough. It wasn't. I was so mad, I had the tow truck drop it at the garage where I am refusing to pay for the towing or any labor to get it fixed.

I went to swimming today and got caught in a massive storm on the way home. I had two towels over the pram but they were soaked and still dripping water on Will. He was crying from the shock of being wet - he has never been rained on before. I got home and stripped us both off, then ran out to the pram to rescue my phone and some papers wearing just a towel. Of course at that precise moment a bus full of school kids had to pull up at the stop opposite my house.

Better go tidy up, have real estate agents coming to look through my house and it is a sty.
    Last edited by Artechim; December 12th, 2007 at 04:28 PM.

thanks ladies
    cally - i think Hannah is waking up because of wind - but i end up feeding her because i guess she thinks 'oh well - while you're here' lol. last night i asked DH to get up to her at 12:30 and rock her back to sleep and she went back until 4am, so i guess that's not too bad. (don't think he's going to want to do that every night though) If the child care centre is mess because of toys and things - that can be a good sign. A centre that is spotless all the time might mean that they don't encourage messy play - and that's fun!!!
    leanne - maybe you should deep breathe and think of blue butterflies too!!! hope your afternoon is getting better
    noni - well done on getting some shopping done. I've still got a little bit to do - just buying vouchers though.
    arte - sounds like a fun afternoon at your place!! I agree that you shouldnt' have to pay for the tow truck. that sure is dangerous.
    Last edited by Patooties; December 12th, 2007 at 04:25 PM.

Jazmum - That's what I did last night, I woke up to a really little noise and just got up and fed her, even though she might not have been hungry because I was awake anyway. Once DH starts holidays, if she is still waking up earlier than she used to I might get him to go and see if he can resettle her. He's better at it than me, I last 5 minutes and then pull out a boobie, particularly if I'm sleep deprived!

cally - it's just a faster way to get them settled isn't it. That will be great when your dh is on holidays
    Hannah is little miss roly poly!! she is rolling from her back to her belly,and back again! I can't leave her anywhere unless she's strapped in.

Hi Ladies-

Well I am feeling much better now. All the kiddies are a sleep and I think so is DH. So now I am just going to crack a can of my fav drink (rum & coke) and relax for a minute then off to bed.
    Jazmum- I like the blue butterfly idea and will try it tomorrow. How did your arvo pan out. Did you make it to the park. Yippee to Hannah for being mis roly poly. What a clever girl.
    Renee- Congrats on the negative result. How are the dogs going. No MIA latley I hope.
    Art- I would not pay them either. Thats definatly bad service and very dangerous work they are not doing. Oh I hope that makes sense... Sorry.. Oh lucky your towel didnt fall off.

Hello to everyone and Sweet dreams and hope every ones little bundles of joys sleep all night.

Yay, my jumperoo arrived this morning. W seems to really like it, looks like it is going to get a lot of use.

Very quiet day in here today.

Go roly poly Hannah.

Art - glad that W enjoys his jumperoo

K is 3 months today. Gosh it has gone so quickly.

hi everyone
    well it looks like Asha does have a tooth coming.. i can see it in her mouth now n i asked dp to look to make sure i'm not crazy lol! poor thing no wonder shes been so unsettled.. it hasnt broken the skin yet so i suppose it could be up and down for a while yet but there is deffinately something there!!!
    renee - my dog escaped yesterday because i left the gate open oops... i was pushing the pram up the street and i could see him running around in the front yard (not fenced in) and this nice lady trying to get him back in the gate lol she had stopped her car because she saw him running out the gate lol.. i thanked her so much and boy did i feel like an idiot lol lucky he didn't go any further than the front yard...
    jazmum - congrats to hannah!!! Ashas no where near rolling lol she dosnt really like to spend too much time on the floor think thats why!
    arte - does will get tired?? when i put Asha in there she jumps for a little while and then is too tired lol... last time we got her measured she was 57cm and we have to put something under her feet on the lowest setting coz she cant touch the floor haha...
    cally - i was just thinking that the other day that we are approaching 3mths and how quick its gone!!!
    leanne - hope you enjoyed your drink!

Had to drop the car off tho be serviced this morning so have spent 3 and a bit hours walking around the shops. Have just got home and I am stuffed, so is Logan he is sprawled out on his playmat asleep.

Jazmum well done to Hannah on the rolling. I wish Logan would roll, although it will make changing nappies a challenge so maybe I dont lol.

Noni I hope Asha's teeth pop though soon with out to much discomfort.

Leanne did you enjoy your rum and coke?

Cally time flys doesnt it, its fun and yet kinda sad.

Well I am off to put my feet up.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast