Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #16

Dont worry JAz im a homebody too! Last time we went to Bali I almost had a nervous breakdown LOL haha. Everything seemed so different over there. I called my mum every day and I got teary every time. I had a blast though.

Pregpan - we're not looking at getting a carseat yet, but when we do it is likely to be the maxirider.

Interesting that Hannah (underweight) and Scarlet (overweight) have both been told to start solids.

Renee - DH is the same, can't help talking to her and looking at her when she should be going to sleep. He's in there now, singing away.

Oh cally, Scarlet isn't overweight for her length, Big all over. I wasn't told to do it because of weightloss but because she has way more then doubled her birthweight.

to those who asked about the flight i am still very anxious about it but its kinda been numbed by the fact that we might not be going now because we might not have enough money.
    wow lp a tooth cutting through, Asha keeps getting the symptoms and i can see them there under the gums but nothing will come through its driving us both insane lol
    ok needa vent
    why cant men just get on with what they need to do? ok so dp lost his job and instead of looking for a new one and spending as much time with us as he can hes sulking around like a big baby with his woe is me face on.. hes actually taken himself to bed atm to sulk on his own.. god it pi$$es me off i just wanna say get over it how old are you?

Gee whiz ladies you have all been talking up a storm today lol.

I dont have much time but thought I would quickly jump on and to let you all know lunch with Arte and Will was fab. Spent ages sitting around eating and then shopping. Will is adorable!!! Logan was embarassingly (sp) loud and kept yelling and laughing, poor Will just looked at him like he was a freak lmao. Anyway I will be back for personals later.

Hi Pregpan, I'll be holding off on solids until after 6 mths (it's more work than it's worth at this age, IMO)! If N is having a growth spurt (or if he's just thirsty from it being summer) he will feed a bit more often but then your supply will adjust. Maybe try squeezing an extra feed or two in the day, just offer and see if he wants it? BTW teeth or no teeth has got nothing to do with introducing food, they just gum everything until they get their molars much later. Solids has more to do with the tongue-reflex disappearing (pushing food out of the mouth) and gut maturity. Sorry if that contradicts what everyone else is saying, I read up a lot with DD1 as we have the allergy thing to watch out for. You'll do what feels right for you.

I was just reading about the maxirider today, DD1 was tall and we had to get another booster seat which wasn't much better so I think the maxirider will be the way to go. However I don't think it's got the tilt function, so E will probably go into the old car seat (S&S Discovery) on the tilted back option for the first couple of months. I'm keeping her in the capsule as long as I can tho, she's still a very wobbly sitter LOL.

Cally, the bebepod's a bit of hit, although she's still drooping sideways. It'll be really useful in about a month's time I think.

Renee -
    When I go into him I dont look into his eyes, I turn on the soft lamp and don?t talk to him.
    It's not rocket science is it? DH does the same thing, picks her up, unwraps her, looks her square in the eyes, then it's LETS PARTAY! LOL

Awwwwwww I didnt even know you guys were meeting up today! NOT FAIR, I want to come!

Katie - I LOVE that our little BB family is hanging out together! Sweet! Wish I could've been a fly on the wall.

Noni, look at it this way, if you can't afford to go sooner, you can plan around going a couple of months later (what I tell myself all the time). In the end you'll be soooo glad you're going the flight stuff will be easier (remember how easy those blood tests became when you were pregnant? Feel the fear and do it anyway)!

Katie, LMAO at the way Will looked at Logan. Glad you had a lvely time together.

Noni, just let him have his sulk and then let him come back to the real world tomorrow. Does the agency have anything else they can line him up with?

Jaz, I have the WHO charts and H is only slightly below average for her weight and height, but she's still on the chart - the *average* weight for her age is 6.5kg and the length is 64cm. She may be making her own growth pattern too.

Renee, your trip sounds divine, you will have a great time. Maybe Alister and Rory will just be world famous basketballers when they are big LOL.

Pregpan, you could give Noah a try and see if that makes a difference with the night waking, but he could just be going through a developmental spurt too. They can sometimes get really ratty at this age as they want to do more than just sit and look and want to move around, but their little bodies haven't caught up yet, so maybe he will start doing something new soon. We never got a capsule, so we already have the car seat, it's just a steelcraft premier one. I would definately get the maxirider as it goes up to 26kg.

Hayley, congrats on to your SIL. It is very scary when they don't just cry when they are born, I know exactly how she would have been feeling.

LP. I'm glad your GP explained things a bit better for you. It does make sense when she puts it like that, but do what you *feel* is right, you can always stop if you don't think she is liking it much and try again later.

Fianne, A has been having restless nights too. He gets really congested if he is under the air con too much and he wakes up with a blocked nose. Hopefully missy will go back to normal for you soon.

Marydean, I bet you were most impressed with Miss E's sleep efforts (even if your boozies weren't LOL).

Wet, windy and chilly here today. Its just been a real sleety rain all day. The kids are like caged animals ATM. Normally I can let them out on the verandah, but because of the direction its coming from, its all wet so they have to stay inside.

Hi everyone
    Sorry its been awhile but finally back on deck after our christmas down south. DS did so well on the 3 day drive - I couldn't have asked for better really as it was a long long trip! But to pay us back she is now heading into her 5th week of 2-3hour sleeps overnight - aagghh!! Not loving that at all and not sure what to do about it. She did do a lot of growing while we were away and found out last week that she has her two bottom teeth coming through but seriously!! I so need sleep! ANyone else having same probs? Not sure if I should just ride it out and hope it will end soon or if we should try resettling her - she seems to take proper feeds each time. Last night was one of her worst with closer to 2 hour feeds and pretty unsettled today. I am banking on fact that it will end soon and hoping that it isn't a pattern that she is going to stick to...
    Not a great christmas present at all.
    We had our vaccinations in the middle of it and she was fine and have moved her into her big girl cot so have really messed her around a bit so in some ways i can't blame her...
    Anyway I will stop whinging and go rest and hope you all had a wonderful christmas.

hey all just a q to all those experienced in starting solids
    Asha is now eating one serve of solids a day and has been for the last 6 days we are alternating one day fruit maybe with rice cereal next day veges, so far she has tried cool banana,warm banana and rice cereal (her fave), cool apple, warm and cool pear, warm sweet potato and warm sweet potato and corn.. at the moment she has one serving say 2 tablespoons worth each day at 5pm.. what i am wondering is when should i give her more.. shed eat more if i gave it to her lol but im not really sure what i am doing, shes going great with solids no tummy aches or vomiting when should i increase another half or full serving? was thinking breakfast would be next? and should i be worried she hasnt started drinking less even though she has the one serve of solids now? she has 4 150mls bottles and 1 180 a day
    thanks

Rach you are doing fantastically well with all those changes and some toothies in there as well! I read somewhere there's a Wonderweek right around 4 months old (week 19 or something), E was really unsettled last week too, and then suddenly she's happy & settled again. Hope M will turn a corner and suddenly you'll get a full nights sleep .

Noni, I really can't remember what I did last time with regards increasing the amount (10 yrs is a long time) tho I vaguely remember sticking to just one little meal for a few weeks. There's a fantastic baby food book with recipes by Robin Barker, recommend it if you can get a copy (saw it at Big W)- I just did what she said to LOL.

hehe md thanks on the book tip maybe i will look on ebay for it hehe

wow md 40 bucks on amazon do u remember how much it was at big w?

Noni, it's called Baby & toddler meals. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have been more than $20-25 at BigW (but I think it was less) - it's prolly exxy on Amazon cos it was published in Australia not US. I saw it at Dymocks the other day too but I didn't look at the price there.

It was really good because i was able to change the recipes for the low-allergy stuff without too much hassle but other books had heaps of milk and eggs and tricky stuff in it.

sounds good might have to look in big w did H have an allergy? or are most books for the next stage uo when they are allowed milk and stuff?? the other day someone was telling me how much her bubs (over ten years ago mind u) loved pumpkin and potato with lots of milk and cheese all mashed up i didnt say anything but i was sure dairy comes later dosnt it???
    still ive seen worse.. i worket at kfc in my teens and regularly saw mothers give their bubs mashed potato and gravy eeeeeekkkk chicken fat and powdered potato how lovely!!

Gosh there were a lot of posts while I was doing mine so I missed heaps.

Noni, there is a thread in the Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids forum about starting solids. It's a sticky thread so it's easy to find. There is a list in there too of what to give when as some foods are better started when they are older. Very handy it is. If you feel she is ready for more, start adding another meal, like breakfast instead of increasing the one she has. She still only has a small gut and you may make her feel really bloated and refluxy if you give her more then, but adding a meal should be fine. I brought a womens weekly baby and toddler food cookbook and it has some great recipes in it - even great ones for the whole family too that can be adapted for baby.

thanx sherie, really not sure if shes ready for more or not i mean i think she might be but i am a bit confused.. might give her a few more weeks on one meal for her body to adjust, (as well as we are going to melbourne, i think lol, so it will be easier with her just on one meal i know selfish!!!!) but seeing as she is so little its probably better to wait right? or am i just being selfish here?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast