Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #22

hey all
    thanks for the advice i did buy a mesh feeder today and have just softened up some apples in the microwave (just cooling in the freezer) as i gave it to her with them hard and she couldnt really do much with it lol.. see how we go
    had mothers group today which was good we all went for a walk and a nurse from pediatrics at the hospital came to talk to us about safety at home as well as common illnesses...
    bought some power point plugs today slowly building up supplies for baby proofing when we move coz ashas going to be on the move in a month or so i think shes getting there atm she can move forward little by little but its pretty slow and she gets pretty frustrated lol anyways better go shes winging lol

Noni- the power point stoppers are great. I also have cupboard locks.

Pregpan - Thank you so much for the advice! I have always been a busy person and im finding it hard to adjust to endless amounts of free time LOL. I think im going to start babies on the run, which is a fitness class where you can take bubs and they watch in their pram. If they get a bit grizzly they have a carer who will amuse them for you! great! Im going to flip out my phone book and call a few friends and arrange 'walking days'

Does anyone know if their is a product out there to baby-proof power points that are in use? We have a power point in our lounge room and Rory tried to pull the cord out yesterday EEEK!

Well better run, I need to go to the shops and buy a few things for dinner.

well asha loves the mesh feeder lol she dosnt really like pureed apple but you should see her with slightly steamed apple in the feeder lol i had to help her with it because she kept pulling it out of her mouth accidently and couldnt get it back in and then she was getting really angry lol coz she wanted it so much haha
    renee - the best thing u can do in regards to that is put ur power points behind furnature eg behind the tv or hand up yr cords etc.. i dnt think there is anything u can do in regards to stopping him pulling them out...

Renee- Whats for Dinner? I dont really know about the power points in use but we just put stuff in front of them like toy box, furniture and stuff.

Ok everyone, big news from here, I'm on the brink of withdrawing from my uni course. Seems like I'm not superwoman after all.

md - even if u withdraw ur still a super woman!!! two beautiful kids thriving on ur love, a dh that goes away n u hold the fort!! dnt be hard on urself i think ur a superwoman uni or not!

Noni, that's the nicest thing anyone has said to me all year!

Marydean, what's going on hun? Firstly though, don't ever think you have to apologise to us or to ANYONE for that matter. You've done amazing things with your life OK?

Leanne, thats great Olivia didn't get too uspet with her ears. And what a thriving little girl she is too!

Sorry, just a quick post - have to get the kids off the bus LOL

Sherie, It's just too hard trying to create baby-free time when DH is away (which, despite this being the 6 mths that he's supposed to be 'at home' is still at least 2 weeks or more in every month). FDC have not gotten back to me even tho I said I was *desperate* for care, and even if they did it would still take a couple of weeks to interview, settle E in, I just don't have that sort of time. Plus I don't have a supply of EBM and she's not on solids so god only knows how that end of things would go. So what it's meant is that I've been trying to get it done when she's awake, which means she's missing out on the care and attention that she deserves. Or I'm staying up until 1.00am every night which I'm sure you'll agree is not the best scenario either. I'm sick of being this dragon lady when DH is home that no-one can talk to because I'm glued to the desk frantically working!

The plan is - defer - then in 12 mths when E is nearly 18 months old, and on solids, and happy to go off to care (organised well in advance) then I can start again. The work is not difficult just time-consuming and I think I underestimated how hard that would be in my current circumstance. I haven't been able to shake the feeling that the months of her babyhood are flying past and I've been too distracted to make the most of them.

It's still a bit of a shock because the thought of pulling out hadn't even crossed my mind when I woke up this morning, so I'm still a bit shell-shocked about it all. But I was so relieved after the words were out my mouth, still feeling a bit shakey though.

Aww Marydean Dont be hard on yourself!! In my eyes you are a superwoman....wonderwoman even!! LIke Noni said, you are doing an amazing job raising those two girls while your DH is away. I look up to you, not just for that reason but for LOTS of reasons Dont feel like you are letting anyone down, especially youself.

Leanne - We are having crispy chicken wraps for dinner. YUM! Im addicted to them

MD- I agree with Noni and Renee and yes to me you are superwomen and a wonderful mum and person.
    Renee-Dinner sounds yummy.

hello ladies! MIL went on the plane to head back to perth this evening so i've been reading posts to try to catch up.
    wanting to post but too tired now so will just try to get on tomorrow.
    just want to say though that MD, i agree with what everyone else has said. we all admire you and what you've been able to juggle as some of us are struggling to cope with just being SAHM to one bub.
    pea brain here, can't remember who was having day sleeping problems. just a story to share, one of the mums from ante-natal group was having that. had a baby whisperer over who taught her a few tricks. but then, after she got bub to sleep some during the day, the night sleep went out the window. so, she decided that it's better to just keep the night sleep and just go with the flow during the day.
    good night!

hello hello
    very weary headed mummy here!! poor Asha i think she may be teething.. she woke up with a temp and screaming this morning at 2:30am so i gave her some panadol but she woke up every hour until around 7 when dps alarm went of for work.. she just wasnt comfortable something was hurting her and she couldnt sleep.. we went back to sleep around 8 and woke at 10:30 so thats not too bad atleast.. she ate her breakfast like normal and hasnt slowed on the amount of milk shes drinking so i am kinda at a loss as to what is wrong with her??
    in other news lol she finally learnt to roll from her back to her front lol she could roll the other way but not this way.. she does it and then sort of pushes her top half up to try and launch forward its pretty cute but she gets pretty frustrated pretty quickly on her tummy lol
    anyways best be off the washing is about to be finished and my mum is coming over soon
    will be back later for personals

Noni, try putting some infants friend in the last two bottles of the day and see if that helps. Even though you are only giving her small amounts of solids, it is stil a big adjustment for her gut so it could be causing her some pain from time to time, particularly depending on the type of foods you give her. Some are worse for it than others and it is just a matter of trial and error.

Hi Fianne!

mmmm Renee, that sounded so yummy, I hope they were good.

Marydean, you know if I lived near you I would be there in a flash to give you a hand. What does DH think about all this? And how are you feeling about it all now you've 'slept on it'? If you feel like you are missing out on too much with E then definately defer, you will always regret it otherwise.

Pregpan, Some babies just don't sleep during the day no matter what you try. Luckily he sleeps well at night though so there is always a silver lining. Once he gets older he may start to have an afternoon sleep.

Not much happening here. Farty bum is back again LOL and has been getting me up anytime from 5.30 onwards. Which isn't too bad I suppose through the week when I have to be up early for school etc, but on the weekends it would be nice to get a bit longer in bed. I am starting to see where I could start to introduce solids too - at around 8.30am just before he goes down for his morning sleep and at 6.30 he gets grizzly around dinnertime.

MD, hope you have more clarity in what you need to do after sleeping on it. As Sherie said, if you feel like you are missing E's babyhood then you are probably better to defer. When you move back home later in the year does that mean your DH will have a more stable (at home more) job?

Noni, W is the other way around with rolling, he could do back to front for ages but has only mastered front to back in the last few weeks. Hope Asha is feeling better now.

Sherie, sorry farty bum is back again.

Leanne, glad the ears went well for O.

With solids, how long should it take for them to start actually eating some of it? I have been giving him solids on and off for 4 weeks now but after he has had a taste he just spits everything out. He eats less than 1 teaspoon each meal. He is happy to suck on apple in the mesh thing, but only the very sweet variety. Do I just keep offering him the same stuff until he actually eats some of it?

I just went to the supermarket and got stopped by 4 people admiring Will. He sits in the pram and grins at everyone that looks his way so he gets all the ladies clucking over him lol. Takes me even longer to get the shopping done.

Hi Arte. It does take some babies longer than others to get the hang of this whole solid meal thing, but this is what it's all about - them learning and getting used to it, not as a *meal* kwim? so it doesn't matter that he spits some of it our or only has a small amount at this stage as he isn't deriving (and isn't meant to) any nutritional benefit from them, its a learning stage at first. I remember the girls took ages to get used to solids and were eating what I would call a meal, but they got there in the end.

hi everyone!
    MD you are doing so well and are such a great support to us all - you do what is best for you in the longer run. if you defer for 12 months, it so doesnt mean much in the long term and you will feel better to do that than to do everything 50% capacity iykwim. If you feel better for suggesting it, i think that prob means you should defer. And you willlove the time with E so much more for it.
    All is well here - thanks for the words re the day sleeps. the prob is his night sleeping is not so wonderful anymore either sometimes he goes through from 8ish to 5ish and sometimes (like last night) he is up 3 times for a feed... not good! interestingly he had 2 naps in his cot yest and then an usettled night - i might track for correlations! he seems to like sleeping on his side now in the day... which means i check him all the time so make sure he isnt on his tummy! naughty boy!!!
    gotta go - he wants play time!!! we went to a toy library today (great!) so lots of new things to explore! back later

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast