Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #22

everytime u put ash on the floor now just about she rolls over n tries to get moving! lucky i mopped the floor yesterday as theresno containing her to a blanket atm!!
    thanks sherie might give the infants friend a go coz even if it is teething its supposed to help that too i heard.. as i type she is drenched in dribble and chewing anything she can get in her mouth but theres nothing poking through could it still b teething? there was a slight temp last night...
    arte - how cute ppl admiring w.. asha has been knwn to flash her smileat the ppl around her.. ppl keep thinking shes a boy though coz i dnt chose to dress her head to toe in pink starting to get on my nerves!

Noni, today Will was dressed all in blue and sitting in a blue pram and half the people still called him a girl or asked if he was a boy. I would have thought it was painfully obvious lol

Why is it that in a house full of toys the only one he wants is the manky old dog ball on a string?

It is my mummies birthday today. She is a grand old 42.

arte - thats funny about the dog ball thing lol..
    happy birthday to your mummy, shes pretty young if you dont mind me saying..
    yeah i dnt get it i spose ppl want to be careful about saying hes a boy incase hes a girl and u get offended.. although one lady in the shops the other day was telling me something about what asha was doing when i was at the counter and said he about 5 times lol she was wearing a pinky/purpley bib a white and pink body suit but because she was wearing army shorts she must be a boy lol.. i just let her finish and calmly said "she" lol she was so embarassed...

hello ladies,

not much time here to write, holding lewis in one arm- he's so bl**dy whingy- he's got 2 teeth down the bottom now.

md- i think you have 100% made the right decision in deferring your course. you can never get these years with your girls back- and i believe nothing is worth putting yourself under that much stress over. life is too short!

we went to 'a day on the green' on sunday which is an outdoor concert at a winery near our house. it's a fantastic day- everyone takes picnic rugs, food etc. and relaxes in the sun drinking wine. well dp took the drinking wine in the sun thing a little bit too far. before the main act (john butler) even came on he had passed out on my friend's picnic rug, leaving me to look after lewis by myself. great.

i went to the toilet and when i came back he was still lying down and had spewed everywhere! all over the rug. so basically i spent the rest of the night looking after 2 spewing boys....

my friend's bf had to carry dp to the car (he couldn't even walk) cos i had to take lewis, pram, rug, chairs, everything!!!
    then he vomitted out the car window all the way home and all down the side of the car. let's just say that dp has been feeling sorry for himself ever since and is not happy that he missed out on john butler....

hope everyone is doing well

Gracie, bet you were very impressed with your DH. I envisioned BDO to be like that - sitting peacefully on the grass taking in the atmosphere. I was shocked at how many people there were. If I had sat down I would have been trampled lol

Noni, my mum is young. She had me when she was 16. It must have been hard for her to have a baby so young and alone (especially since I was a screamer). But she has done so well for herself - she went back to tech (like tafe) to finish high school a few years ago and she has just started her own business. I am very proud of her. I was joking once about putting her into an old folks home and she very politely pointed out that I wasn't very far behind lol

Gracie, I had to have a giggle at your DH. Wow at Lewis having two teeth, Logan still doesnt have any.

MD I agree with the others, you are still a supermum study or no study. Only you knows right for you so go with your heart.

Noni hows Asha doing now? Yay on the rolling, wait until she keeps trying to do while you change her nappy!

Arte Logan is the same as Will, he smiles at everyone which means they want to stop and play with him before asking a zillion questions, makes shopping so much harder.

Hi Fianne

Sherie I know what you mean about wanting a bit of a sleep in on the weekend.

Leanne glad everything went well getting Olivias ears done. How are your boys doing?

Not much happening here. Logan is going well with solids, he had pumpkin last week which seemed to make him a little constipated and started sweet potato on Sunday and have had a poo every nappy today lol. I am going to try something different again tomorrow.

Hi to everyone else.

Oh my gosh, Rory said DADA today!!!! Well it was more like 'girgle girgle ohhh ahh cooo dadada'.
    We thought he had been saying it for the past week but we werent positive. But today on the way home he said it about 5 times! I was so excited I almost wet myself whooohooo! All my constant 'dada-ing' has payed of haha!

Hi Girls,

Renee- Way to go Rory..... Congratulations on your first word....
    Art- Happy Birthday to your Mummy.
    Gracie-Congatulations to Lewis on having 2 teeth. Olivia still doesnt have any...
    Sorry to hear about your picinic....Yep Wine and sun = Spew...
    Ozstar- The boys are great at the moment.

Better go My show is on...

Happy Half Birthday Elisabeth!!

We'll have to have a cake and party hats when DH gets home on the weekend (like we did for DD 1) It might only be a packet cake for now, but I can feel my domestic arts slowly returning to me as I unchain myself from the desk LOL.

Thanks everyone for your words of support. There's still a tiny part of me that is really driven and thinks I should just have kept on pushing through (what's another few 2.00am bedtimes between friends) but if I'm honest it would be at the expense of the whole family's wellbeing. I'm just a bit worried that my career and professional aspirations/motivation has dried up completely over night (well, since I got pregnant anyway) but I guess I'll have years to run around on that particular treadmill, I only get E being her precious little baby self ONCE!

Pregpan, WTG finding a toy library, there's one southside that I know about but not close to us. We have a child and family centre in Tuggers that I have yet to visit, apparently they have all sort of info (various activities, groups, etc) so I'll have to check that out soon.

Well I went to this women's group today, they all remembered me from the time I went 4 mths ago and seemed pretty pleased to see me . I also distinguished myself by turning up with heaps of excellent ideas about the community art project they are doing So feeling very good about continuing there. Except E was bothered by the loud noisy kids in the creche (she cries v. easily at loud noises) and howled inconsolably so I had to get her out of the creche and jiggle her the entire time...which just makes me thankful I haven't had to shove her into the first available care in order to study. Just means we need to get out more so she gets more exposure to being in bigger groups of ppl.

Happy Bday Arte's Mum - she sounds like a pretty amazing role model, Arte! IN answer to your q, if DH gets a move to *any* job that's not the one he's in, he will be at home more. Besides which E will be older, on solids and more able to tolerate longer time in care. The course is 100% distance-delivery so no problems there.

Gracie I was PMSL about DH in the hot sun...missing John Butler sounds like instant karma to me! Moral of the story...? Hot sun = icy cold light beer???

Sherie, I'm glad you're feeling better and I hope you can get back to feeling your usual energetic self again soon.

BTW, I caught E wiggling over to something she wanted today, she's experimenting with which way works best - rolling over and over sideways, OR inch worming her way forwards OR something that looked like a very rudimentary commando crawl! LOL Looks like we'll be babyproofing this weekend!

happy 6 months Elisabeth!!!
    yah....gees it's going so quick isn't it?

congratulations md

Marydean - Sorry to hear about your uni dilemma. Your girls are the most important, the first 6 months have already flown by, time goes too fast to not be enjoying your babies. I think you have made the right choice with deferring, you still have plently of years ahead of you to study, but babies dont stay babies forever. If it helps I am also feeling the same way, I feel like my time with Maddie is being consumed by work and uni and something has to give. I totally understand how you are feeling. Grr mothers guilt is terrible. On a lighter note, woo hoo happy 6 months to Elisabeth!!

Renee - I saw your facebook post about Rory saying dada! Amazing, how exciting!!! You must be so proud.

Gracie - Oh no poor DP, had to have a laugh though. Mine is out tonight at a work do, no doubt he will be getting slaughtered too lol.

Arte - Your mum sounds amazing, I admire anyone who can have a baby in their teens, must be such hard work, not to mention all the people who judge you because you are 'so young'. I know what that feels like!!

Leanne - I'd love to do Maddie's ears but I'm too scared!!! haha

Katie - Glad to hear Logan is doing well on solids.

Noni - I dont always dress Maddie in pink girly clothes and have also had a few people comment on my lovely little boy, I just have to laugh. Poor Maddie. I thought she looked like a real girly girl.

Jazmum - Lol at the foreplay. Its like that now isnt it. Oh its so sad!!!!!!

Fianne - Did you have a good time with MIL or were you happy to be putting her back on the plane hehe

Sherie - Thanks for all your solids advice, the whole bottle/solid meal thing is still confusing me, but I am just going to play it by ear, if she is full I am sure she will let me know. Besides I think I am looking into it too much and worrying myself, typical!!

Woo hoo one of my bestest friends told me yesterday that she is pregnant and already 4 mths gone. She was the first person I told when I found out I was pregnant. The sad thing is, she is in denial big time, although she is great with kids she has never been overly keen on having them herself. She is 35 and I think she was hoping it would never happen for her. Well it has and when she told me yesterday she was really upset about it. She doesnt even want anyone to say congratulations or be happy for her. Its terrible because I dont know what to say. Having a baby is meant to be a happy time iykwim. So strange I tell you!

wow hayley- i can't believe your friend isn't overjoyed at the news, it's hard to imagine isn't it? i'm sure she'll come around when the bubs is actually here though. my dp wasn't overly keen on having a baby but he is absolutely besotted with lewis now. he's the true joy of his life.

hope your dp doesn't get too slaughtered! my dp is still feeling sorry for himself today. he reckons he's never drinking again. yeah right!

Haley, I felt much the same as your friend. I wasn't planning on a baby for at least a few more years. In fact my marriage was a bit shaky at the time and I wasn't even sure we would make it to our first anniversary. I was very upset when I couldn't deny the symptoms any longer and took the test. Then while I was still getting my head around it I was hit with awful all day sickness. I couldn't even fake excitement when people asked about the baby. I cried a lot. I spent most of my drive to and from work crying, woke up every morning hoping that the belly wouldn't be there anymore. Then I got gestational diabetes which made my life completely crap. I had no attachment to the baby at all and was terrified I would be a distant unloving mother. I was so focused on being tied down, a slave to someone else that I didn't even realise how much fun it would be.
    I only say this because it is such a huge life changing thing and everyone copes differently. She will come around to the idea once the baby is here and she gets to know him/her.

MD, happy half birthday to Elisabeth

Morning Girls,

Hayley- Your poor Friend. I hope she can enjoy her pg.
    MD- Happy 6months to E

Well I have just put Olivia up to S26Gold Step 2 this morning. Just another sign my baby is growing up. It wont be long and I will be putting her on cows milk. I mean when she is 1. It all seems to be going so fast I can hardly keep up.

Any way Hello to everyone and have a wonderful day

Thanx Leanne & Hayley Im such a proud mummy!

Hayley - I hope your friend comes to terms with being pregnant. I could imagine how shocked she must be. Lucky she has a great friend like you to help her through!

Leanne - They grow up too fast dont they!

Happy 6 months E
    Last edited by reneenay; March 12th, 2008 at 10:04 AM.

Renee, sorry, I'm so self-obsessed right now I completely forgot to congratulate Rory on his incredibly advanced speaking skills LOL! I'm very impressed, but I LOL'ed when I read you'd been "dada-ing" him...same thing at my house except I say "mumumumumum" !

Speaking of speaking, E's got this really cute sound she does that's just like when the tellytubbies go "E-OH" ("hello") ...Yesterday the cat walked up to her and right on cue she said "E-OH" I nearly fell off the couch laughing. Favorite sound right now is "B", we get a lot of BrrrrVrrrr and bababababa. Oh and did I mention the ear-piercing squealing?

Leanne, it's going in a flash, isn't it?

Arte, I didn't know your pg was such a difficult time for you You have been very brave! I'm glad it's all had a happy ending .

Hayley, it's probably one of the biggest most-life altering thing that has happened to your friend in a long time. I guess all you can do is listen and be supportive, whereever she is at.

Hayley - Sounds like your friend is going to need someone to talk to, I hope it all works out.

Renee - well done on the talking! Clever little Rory.

MD - I'm sure you'll make the right decision about your studies. I'm impressed that you are doing so much anyway, I'm struggling with just one baby and a husband who is here all the time!

Noni - well done on the rolling!

K is getting very frustrated at not being able to move - and it's making me very frustrated too. She keeps throwing things away and then wanting me to go and get them! She is more mobile in her cot than on the floor (just had to rescue her, she had her head stuck in the corner) She's so close to rolling, but has been for a couple of weeks now.

My sister is 3 days past her EDD. She saw the ob yesterday and he did an internal - her cervix is still very hard and the baby is 'unusually high'. She's going back on Monday, will have another internal and they will induce if able, otherwise she has to have a Csection on Tuesday. Would be weird if that happens - seems like the babies in our family have no desire to do the right thing!! (funny as all three of us popped out of mum with no difficulty)

SOMEONE SLAP ME PLEASE!

So, the FDC office finally rings me, and I find out that the lady across the road that I've happily been waving to for months but have never crossed the road and introduced myself to, is a FDC lady (as I suspected) who has vacancies for middle of the day care for E, I could literally walk across the road and BFeed her when needed. And suddenly I'm thinking, could she start this week, could I catch up on my assignments and keep going, should I soldier on???

WTF? Am I some sort of masochistic lunatic? Someone slap me, again!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast