Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #24

ETA - Pregpan, re the coats, I'll disagree with Sherie and say use one. In Adel, the winter was rarely cold enough to need it but you know those Canberra days when it's 3 degrees at 9 o'clock and then it starts getting colder, he will need a coat (with a hood) for sure. Though I think Sherie is right re the layers, a few layers is better IMO than really bulky clothes. Especially when you're going in and out of well-heated buildings, they can actually get quite hot if they are overdressed. But having said that I wouldn't automatically coat up unless I think it's cold enough to warrant it.

Sherie, - yep bummer about the FDC but you can bet I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief for withdrawing from uni, what a disaster it could've been if I don't get care for several more weeks!

Pregpan, that's great that bubs is goin to FDC. I think FDC is the next best thing to having grandma looking after bubs Hope all goes well for your return back to work.

Hayley, you are doing sooo well with juggling work and Uni. That will be me next year I hope it's not too hard to handle. next year I want to start my nursing degree AND give Charli a little bro or sister Nothing like doing everything at once hey!

Trillian, sounds like you scored lots of great stuff at the sales yesterday! BTW am I able to change my name on here? Where do I go to do it?

Well we are off to see DH's family in Perth on Friday. Wish us well with Charli on the 5 hour flight. I'm a tiny bit scared. I hope she has a nice big sleep on the plane as when we arrive it's 4.30pm Perth time but 6.30pm Qld time which is when Charli usually gets the grumps, has her bottle and goes to bed for the night. It will be the first time DH's parents have met Charli (which doesn't impress me as she is their first grandchild and they definately could have afforded to come over here when she was born, but that's another story! Sorry for the rant) so I'm hoping they are not greeted with a grumpy little bubba.

Tamara, call me Sherie You can change your username if you want. Go to the User Profile (on the top menu bar on the far left) and on the menu that runs down the left hand side, right down the bottom, there is a link for Change Username. Put in what you want it to be and one of the Admin girls will change it for you. To check if the name you want is free, just enter it into the 'seach' box.

Marydean, I forgot about how cold winter can be down there

Well haven't we been a chatty bunch today!!

Gracie - I thought of you when I heard about that guy at Dandenong, hope your place gets through the winds unscathed.

DH came home early today which was good. The electrician has hooked everything up for the new TV so we can finally watch wide screen.

Sherie - lol at the snipers!!

MD - glad that E likes being in her cot. Is she still waking twice a night or is it more?

RE the cold, I've been leaving K in her pj's for morning playtime and getting her dressed after her first nap once it warms up a bit. Also means that her breakfast goes all over her pj's rather than clothes!!

She had some apple puree this morning and when I moved the first spoonful in she arched her back, clamped her mouth shut and put her hands in front of her mouth!! So I just gave her the spoon and she quite happily played with that. I think some went in, by the end she was happily grabbing a new spoon of stuff once the old one was empty. Tried some cooked carrot this afternoon, but she threw it away, didn't even make it to her mouth.

Well might go and do a bit of tidying up so we can have a nice family walk when she wakes up.

Cally, E is still getting up but the last two nights it's been 2 times a night not 3, 4 or more which is what it was for the 2 weeks prior to that. She's exhausted still from our hols where we were out and about most days but we've also started giving her panadol because the teething seems to really be affecting her. Apparently she's "erupting" top and bottom, poor kid. Sounds like K is going pretty well with the solids, I'm going to try sweet pot next as I never liked the flavour of boiled carrots as a kid (used to make me gag).

C'smumma, enjoy your trip to Perth. We took a wrap on the plane with us on the way to Adel and wrapped E and she slept at her normal time...forgot the wrap on the way back and had a very grumpy bub to cope with. Even if she is grumpy when you arrive, nobody will mind as no one expects babies to travel well, KWIM? Anyway they will be soooo delighted to see her it won't matter anyway !

Well I'm reeling a bit tonight as DH has come home and announced - after long discussions where we agreed he'd do anything to get out of it - he's off on another 3+ month trip later this year. I was right all along as I suspected he really wanted to do it, even after we talked about it. Crummy bloody sodding husbands! He seemed to think I would be pleased as it's a reason for me to delay going back to work for an extra couple of months (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). It will be the last time though, he's been told in no uncertain terms to get a new job.

hi ladies, i'm home and safe thanks for all your concern

md-ggrrrr that bl66dy dh of yours!! you poor thing, when is he going??? where is he going?? thank goodness you gave up uni....i wish i lived near you so i could come over to your place and hang out sometimes (i'd probably end up raiding your bookshelf too )....do you get scared home alone??

cally- thanks for thinking of me hun dandenong is actually about 45 mins away from here (confusing, i know). we actually live on a mountain range (we're 650ms above sea level) and it shares the same name as the suburb dandenong (i think it's an aboriginal tribe link)....but yes, horrible what happened to that guy. a lady was killed as well when a brick wall fell on her

well,it looks like it has been absolute chaos up here today. there's trees down everywhere- one right out the front of our place. dp is stoked as he always thought that tree was going to fall on our house but luckily it has fallen the other way (across the road) and now we don't have to worry about it. power just came back on about an hour ago...chaos!
    Last edited by Ginger; April 2nd, 2008 at 08:42 PM.

Yep lucky call for me I deferred the uni (*gulp*) tho it sh*ts me to tears that I'm constantly putting my plans on hold for his [email protected] and ungrateful employers. I'd LOVE you to hang out at mine, or maybe I could come to your place cos you have Foxtel ! Ooops sorry I didn't know there had been any action in Dandenong or Dandenong Ranges way (living in a news-free bubble here) hehe you'll have to send your DH out with his chainsaw cos it sounds like there's a winter's full of firewood on your doorstep.
    Last edited by AnyDream; April 2nd, 2008 at 11:15 PM.

Marydean - What does your husband do? Military? Sorry to hear that he is going for 3 months, but i'm sure 3 months will go so fast!

Gracie - Far out sounds like it was a really windy day! Thats good that the tree didnt land on your home, that would have been disasterous.

Sherie - Lmao @ the sniper boys and their commando rolling!!

Cally - I've been doing the same with leaving Maddie in her pj's in the mornings, and then having to soak them all in napisan.

Tamara - You will be fine with managing your studies and looking after a baby (or two). You just take your time with uni, just do a one or two units at a time rather than four. Its alot easier to manage. Good luck with the flight to Perth, I wonder if they will give you a seat with a bassinet?

Q re formula feeding: Maddie has been on 180 bottles but I've tried to put them up to the next level, being 240, as she whinges for more lately after each feed. However she cant stomach the 240 yet, she takes it all in but vomits 5 minutes later. So can I put her bottles up to say 210 and do three and a half scoops of formula? I tried to call the wyeth help line today but forgot that they are 3 hrs in front of us now, so were all at home!

Hayley - 'speaking' as someone who has no idea about formula, wouldn't it be hard to get 1/2 a scoop exactly? Would you be better off making up 240 and then tipping some out - or taking it away from her when she has had 210.

MD - oh, you poor thing with DH going away. Yes, he definitely needs a new job!

Gracie - yay for trees falling on the street, not on houses!! Lucky you left for the day, I can't imagine being home all day without power.

More success with apple puree this morning - she was leaning forward trying to grab the spoon when I gave her a new one, much better than yesterday when she was arching her back.

Morning Girls,

Hayley- I would just make up the 240mls.
    MD- Sorry about your DH going away. Dont blam you for being mad.
    Sherie- Love the sniper story I could just see my boys doing that.
    Cally- Glad the Apple puree is working.
    Gracie- Glad the tree hit the road and not your house
    Well I am at work and would rather be at home today. Boys are at DayCare so I just have Livi today.

Have a great day Girls.

Leanne, you take Olivia to work with you?

Hayley, I would make up the 240, then just take it off her when she has had more than the 180 she normally has. I say to make the full amount because she will slowly increase the amount she has kwim? You could only do half a scoop too, but it would be a hassle for you. Alister has been having heaps more too now since he started crawling, it makes him hungrier than he normally was. he isn't gaining more weight to what he was, just eating more and burning it off.

Cally, that's great she is getting used to it now.

Gracie, good thing you did leave, would have been very freaky to have been there during it. Luckily we don't have big trees that close to our house. Today the wind is coming straight up from the south and it is so icy cold.

Marydean, hun, I would be FUMING if I were you!!!!! if he's not careful he wont need his op - you'll do it for him *hugs* for you, I imagine its very stressful for you ATM. I hope Miss E's teeth hurry up and come through, but I'm glad she is sleeping better for you and having less wake ups.

Hello everyone,

Today is William's first day in childcare. I dont know, I feel like a big part of me is missing at the moment.
    I never leave him with anyone else except his grandma when he was still little.
    Just gave them a quick call and I could hear him crying in the background.
    It's hard to be at home without him when I can see his toys and his pictures everywhere. Everything reminds me of him.
    Sorry for rambling!

Will try to read the previous posts now and get some personals.

Trillian, welcome

Sherie- Yep But only on Thursdays and Fridays and Mum comes to work on those days too. I work for Family Business and we are running 2 companies from the one premises and I do the books for both. I have Olivias name down to start DayCare in August on Thursdays and Fridays. For now Olivia is great cause she is not crawling yet and sleeps mostly and we put her in her portacot to play and she is happy.

Agnes- We posted at the same time. Dont worry its always hard at first. Just enjoy your mumma time.

Just wanted to give Agnes some hugs It will get easier.

aw agnes, you poor thing, it broke my heart reading your post.
    big hugs to you xo

Aaaaawwww Agnes hun, huge *hugs* for you. The day will be over soon and it will be time to pick him up before you know it.

Leanne, that's a pretty sweet set up. I knew you worked in a family business, but to be able to have Olivia there too would make it so much easier.

Agnes - You poor thing! Hope your okay. It will get easier xoxoxo

Hayley - I am having real trouble getting Rory to have 240ml bottles now He only wants 180ml *sigh*.....I dont know what to do! But I would think measuring half a scoop would be fine. Making a whole 240ml bottle and having Maddie not drink it all would be a waste (which is what Rory is doing arghhh)...and afterall formula isnt cheap haha.

Marydean - Poo Poo to your DH leaving you again. Its funny how they can turn things around so they are doing things for 'you' IYKWIM! DH is working 12 hr days 7 days a week.....but its for 'me' pfffft! Hopefulyl something will come up and he wont be able to go. God, erupting top and bottom that sound painful. Hope its over with soon

Gracie - Jeepers! Glad you left home when you did. Eeek I get scared by a bit of thunder with Rory now haha. Good thing the powers back on....and that means..............FOXTEL! haha couldnt live without foxtel lol

Tamara - YAY your coming to Perth!!! Weather doesnt look too bad for the weekend although there may be a few showers on Saturday. Hope you have a great time visiting your family. God getting back to pre-daylight saving time is doing my head in.

Where is NOni?????

I need to book Rory's 6 month needles today ...dont let me forget girls!

Nothing much happening here...Ive had such a quite week compared to last week when I was out every day. Got another $200 bill so thats now $1400 worth of bills on the fridge...does it ever endddd!!! Rory has really taken to the word 'mum' haha. He has been saying it for the past 2 days non stop mmmmmmMUM mmmmmm MUM! Even when he gets upset he is saying MUMUMUM!

Well I better run. Bugga Luggs is having a nap so im jumping back into bed

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast