Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #24

great idea arte re the shower curtain, DH and I were just talking about what to use for under the highchair so i will be off to get one of those soon...
    hope everyone is well today... had a nice walk this morning around thelake witha friend, i used to go nearly every day but i have been so slack lately. must get it back on the agenda (now that i am going back to work lol). i am starting work on the 21st. i decided to go with the aus job for now, much more flexible etc - will work mon-tue-wed to start and then add fridays in a month or 2.
    Did i tell you all i have added 1 formula feed a day in prep for work (when i think it willbe too hard for me to express enough for all 3 days)? he has really taken to it, will even take the bottle from me now... i moved to tommee tipee closer to nature bottles and he seems happier with that. have not had any probs mpoving to formula either, a few spews v early on but i think i was giving him too much as the tin said 250ml. now he takes max 120ml and also i oticed i need to burp him a lot more, he must take in a lot more air withthe bottle. anyway i am happy w that!
    By the way sorry i never updated you - I am not preg!!! phew!
    My ILs are here this weekend so trying to think what to do with them. i might get them to watch N on Fri a little bit so i can get a facial - they dont seem to be happy unless they get him alone so that will work well both ways!
    Clare - i just boight some of that pasta - assuming you mean the soup pasta (little stars and circles) - i also thought you could use risoni???

ETA - OK I have been cooking again today... lentils this time. My guru Annabel Karmel says that lentils are a good food for babies once established on solids but bit hard to digest so important to use lots of vegies as well. i make a great lentil and vege soup for DH and I so i have made a huge batch of that and have mashed some of it down for Noah... he will get it for dinner tonight so we will see how it goes. anyway for anyone interested here's what i use - onion, leek, olive oil (cook these together) add red lentil and tomatoes (i used a tin of good italian ones) and then veges (i use pumpkin, carrot, courgette, potatoe and sometimes a red or orange pepper), add some stock and water and cook for 25 mins then spice (i use corriander seed, cumin, chilli - i usually add salt but none this time as for Noah, can add salt when serve it).then cook for further 20 mins. YUMMO. We eat this with a nice seeded bread for dinner or lunch and i think it is a good one to puree down for bub...

Last edited by MamaPan; April 8th, 2008 at 02:42 PM.

hi everyone
    have just read through the posts, and silly me didn't write down any notes, so forgive me if i don't do personals for everyone.
    md - i'm so happy to read that things are looking up for you. You used to say something about the universe eventually working things out?? (what is it you say again?) The fdc idea sounds like a really good one.
    sherie - seems i'm doing the same as you with regards to solids at the moment. I'm just taking it nice and slow, especially since Hannah's had quite a few digestive issues of late.
    pregpan - glad the highchair is a good one. I was tossing up whether to buy one, but in the end i decided to buy a new seat cushion for my very old Peg Perego (at least 11 years old!!!!
    gracie - i will definitely be watching Aus next top model. I'll talk trash tv with you lol.
    Well the christening went really well on sunday. Hannah loved having the warm water poured over her head, and was a very happy bub for the whole ceremony.
    I had just enough food for everyone, (with a little left over) and everyone seemed to have a good time, which is was great. She got lots of really nice presents too.
    Hannah is now standing in her cot when she wakes in the morning. It's so beautiful to go into her first thing, and she greets us with a big smile. (everyone races to be the first to get the morning smile)
    best go now and do something productive. catch you all again soon.

Pregpan, funny you should mention that about the soup, I made some yesterday too and I have always given it to the kids as babies. I make mine with soup mix (red lentils, yellow and green split peas and pearl barley), vegetable stock, and seasonal winter veges - potato, pumpkin, swede, parsnip, carrots, celery, onion and a wee bit of salt and pepper, but yeah, I didn't add the salt either and had to add it when we had it for dinner last night. I filled up a tupperware ice cube tray with it so have plenty in reserve for him.

Noni, I just quickly popped on to say I got an awesome little (well its actually huge) foam play mat from the reject shop. It is an alphabet jigsaw one so it'll be a pain when they get older and learn to pull it apart, but it was only $15.00 & so colourful! It has grippy bits on it too so would be perfect for Asha.

Hi Jaz, we posted at the same time! I really happy that Hannah's Christening went off so well for you. You must have been exhausted by the end of the day though.

thanx haley will have to look for one when i go shopping tmw.. id like a rug from ikea ut they are pretty expensive lol does maddie like the play mat??

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789