Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #26

Been very busy in here for the past couple of days....

Gracie - OMG Congrats to model boy Lewis!! I've just had a look at the catalogue online and he looks so gorgeous, like everyone else said cant mistake those eyes! How did the target casting go? How did you get into all of this? I'd love to think that Maddie could be a model. I'm terrible, I've already got high hopes of her becoming a pop star lol. Now whats this about you being in McLeods, I'm sure I've asked before but bad memory!? Far out did you meet Alex? Got the hots for him!

Pregpan - Good on you for donating Noah's clothes to the women's shelter. I'm sure they will be very appreciated. With managing work and home life, it will probably take a few weeks to get into a bit of a routine and get the hang of it all but eventually it will get easier for you. You will be fine.

Sherie - Clever Alister pulling himself up! He is coming along in leaps and bounds!

Arte - I saw the news about the school children drowing, how tragic. Their families must be going through their worst nightmare. lol at Will getting into the wipes, cheeky monkey.

Leanne - Sorry but I just had to laugh picturing the boys jumping off the lounge!!!

Agnes - Thanks for the tip of using a smaller spoon. I never thought of that so I will give it a go. She is still shaking her head! Wont take Will long to figure out that he needs to go forward.

Noni - Well done on the loss. I still have Maddie in the baby bjorn and she is over 9kgs now. She is a back breaker this girl! Its starting to get very uncomfortable now so I'm going to put it away for the next bub soon.

Katie - I've been having a quiet day at home too, cleaning...

Clare - Hope you had a nice day out in the botanic gardens. Maddie hasnt bruised from needles before, but gets a big lump.

Fianne - Thanks for all that info re: food and travel for bubs. I'm really looking forward to our little holiday, but I just cant shake the feeling of we have made a bad decision going with DP's parents. Oh well 8 days wont kill us I guess. After reading about your las vegas wedding we are very tempted to do the same!

Jazmum - Oh no what a mission of a day! At least you could laugh about it in the end.

Marydean - Random question, do you read Jodi Picoult books? I know you like reading and if you havent discovered this author yet, I highly recommend her!

Pregpan - I get nervous about vaccinations in general, after watching a segment on Oprah about vaccinations causing autism. You dont know who to believe because the doctors say its fine its fine but then you see things like this on Oprah that make you worry iykwim.

haley - yeah Asha is really heavy in the bjorn too lol
    gracie - how do u hear about castings for catologues etc??
    pregpan - the owner of the house denied all the applicants for the house including ours and put the house back on the market so we arent good enough lol.. hope dhs job sorts itself out
    sherie - woohoo glad the lights are up

hello lovelies

thank you so much for all your kind words about lewis in the catalogue, i know i'm biased but he's a cutie isn't he?? ironically, i haven't recieved my spotlight catalogue in the mail yet so i might go down there tomorrow and get a couple!

wow sherie- i can't believe how well alister is doing, sounds like he'll be walking in no time...lewis hasn't even started crawling yet! i really miss your tractor still

hi clare- i don't know brunswick at all, have you tried having your mothers group at people's houses. atm we are rotating a different person's place each week.

noni- well done on ww, you are a weight loss machine!

md- have you used your ergo much yet?? how have you found it?
    my brain is ruined. i have been trying to open an old email in my inbox all day today to find out where my mothers group are meeting tomorrow and each time i have been sidetracked by a new email and then shut down without checking the old one! it seriously took my 3 shots and finally i remembered. i've actually been struggling with comprehending a book that i'm reading atm and that's never really happened to me before (admittedly, i used to read a lot of penny vincenzi books, so that could be why i had no trouble understanding them).

agnes- yeah my dad told me that birth was supposed to increase your memory. i must be doing something wrong!

leanne- have you mixed the movicol with lemonade yet? i think it sounds like a good idea cos it's kinda fizzy. i take one sachet every second day atm. when i first started on it i was on one sachet a day. it's magic stuff but it's not instant. i think it's great though.

pregpan-that is so sweet of you to donate noah's clothes. you're a sweetheart.

hayley- unfortunately it wasn't me in mcleods (i wish!), it was supablondie. maddie could definitely be a model, she's absolutely gorgeous. basically my best friend who is a photographer forwarded some pics that she took of lewis to the casting agent that she always uses. the agent then called me and asked if i'd be willing to put lewis on the books. i was a bit sceptical at first, partly because i've heard stories about them taking a lot of money off you for portfolios etc. but this agency is very reputable and you can submit your own photos from your digital camera, and they then present them to potential clients. so far, i haven't paid any money- they are going to take a small commission out of his earnings which i think is really reasonable. spotlight was his first job, and then we had a casting today for a target catalogue. maybe you should email some pics of maddie to some good agencies over there?

well, today we had the target casting, and i think it went ok...it was hard though cos i had to drive into the city in peak hour traffic so it took me over an hour. we had to be there at 9.30am so i was really hoping that lewis would sleep all the way there in the car (he usually has a morning nap about this time)- but no! he was yelling and laughing and cracking himself up. then when we got there i gave him a quick feed and change before i went in. we waited around for about half an hour and by the time they had to take his pics, he was nearly falling asleep on my shoulder- so in the pics he just looked really dazed and dopey..not smiley and happy like usual. then as soon as we got back to the car he was out like a light! ggrrrr

Hi Ladies! Leila and I are back from our hard day at the botanic gardens...difficult lying in the autumn sun eating biccies and watching the people pass by! ah i will be dreaming of it as i sit in my stuffy office tomorrow....

Oh and more info on the taggies for the melbourne ppl: you can also get them from victoria gardens at the ELC store.

Sherie and Hayley: hhmmm no lumps on Leila but redness and a whopping big bruise. the chick doing it was pretty rough as we were one of the last going through and i think she was over it. normally they do the check so that you agree that everything is sterile and they are giving the right vacc, but not this time, jab jab and it was over. i think that i will go to a GP next time...

Leanne: it must be really hectic for you ATM, I really hope Jordy is doing well soon! poor wee thing.

Agnes: we are asking a few kindys ATM. most are booked solid, but we hold out hope nonetheless! we are an optimistic bunch! and not sure about the reflux. there was a bub in mums group in canberra that had it and it was pretty horrendous as it caused the wee thing alot of pain the belly and his vomit would projectile across the room. i think she went to a pedeatrician in the end to get some help for it. but other than that no info, sorry!

Noni: the fleece covers sound like a good idea! and yeah the set up cost for cloth was pricey. we got a full time set and it was around the $500 mark. although i think that we have all but recouped the costs now. the ones we got were bumgenius and they grow with the baby so we were using them from 6 weeks on (leila was a little bub at 2.7 kgs when born and they need to be 5!) and you can use them until toilet training.

anyway best be off as DH is busy marking essays and wants to procrastinate with a dvd!

good night girls!

Hayley Jodi Picoult is my favourite author. My friend and I take turns at buying her books and swap them. I haven't read anything since Logan was born though, I should probably start.

Noni well done on the weight loss.

Pregpan you are wonderful for giving N's clothes to a shelter, that is a beautiful gesture and I am sure it will be much appreciated.

Gracie I hope Lewis gets the target gig, he is so totally adorable.

Sherie woo hoo on the new lights. I am still waiting for my DH, who by the way is an electrician to put up all of my lights.

Agnes I hope you get the reflux sorted.

Well I didnt do any cleaning today. I am obsessed with discovery health and always find something to watch. I love watching all the shows about birth and parenting, I find myself holding my breath and tensing my abs while the woman on TV pushes lol.

Gracie - Wow that is so cool. Maybe I will send some pics off. Do all the mums stand around and talk at the casting? Bummer he didnt sleep, it always works out the way you dont want it to! Sorry I was so sure it was you in Mcleods!

Clare - Glad you had a nice day. Hopefully your day at work tomorrow just flys!!!

Katie - I love watching births now that I've been through it. I bawl my eyes out remembering the pain and sympathising for the woman! Jodi Picoult is doing a Aus book signing tour this year if you are interested.

Well I'm kinda wetting my pants in fear tonight....My period is a week and a bit late and just then I took off my clothes for a shower and my boobies were all blue and veiny like they were during pregnancy. Oh god it cant be possible....we've only done it 3 times since Maddie was born.

omg hayley- i can't believe you might be up the duff!!! go get a pregnancy test NOW!!!
    i might have to check the library for that author

katie- my dp is a sparky as well and i swear we must have the most dimmly lit house in the hills!! this room is so bad i have to light candles!!!
    i bug him constantly to put in more lights but he reckons he's going to paint first (yeah, right!)

OMG Hayley, do you think you could really be pregnant? Thats sort of exciting (and scary).

Gracie we were posting at the same time, my DH says all tradesmen are the same, plumbers have leaking taps, builders never get round to adding that extra room etc. At least I know I ma not alone

I really hope not I am not at all ready for another. I didnt think too much of the late period until I saw my boobies. Crapping myself. Where can I get a test from at this time of night or should I just get one tomorrow?

Hayley do you have a late night chemist? I bet once you pee on the stick you get AF.

is there a 24hour supermarket near you?? i'm sort of a bit excited (very wrong, i know)!

OMG Hayley!! LOL!! go to the frikkin chemist girl!! do you have a 24 hour coles or late night one?!! and yeah as Oz says the moment you do AF will arrive almost with a "ah ha!" attitude LOL!!

OMG OMG OMG Hayley, go now and get some test pack (me being really excited and naughty)

Btw I love Jodi Picoult too!

I think he is waking up, gotta go now

lol omg you guys this isnt good! I havent done a test yet I'm too scared! Although I just had a look at my boobies again and the 'blueness' has gone. Maybe this is a good sign?

Oh & I havent tested yet as my DP works till 9pm tonight and Maddie is asleep. Not to mention this is Perth where nothing decent is open past 6pm!

OMG Haley!!! fingersd crossed your not pregnant if thats the outcome ur hoping for i know what u mean about not feeling ready for another one!!
    gracie - how much does it pay to do a catologue if u dnt mind me asking?? sending digital pictures sounds easy too lol though chosing which ones to send would be hard!!!

Morning ladies

Hayley, pls dont be angry at us. I tend to get really excited with this type of thing LOL Hope you get whatever result you are hoping for. I guess the breast thing might also be pre AF signs? Hope you didnt get really worried about it and had some sleep last night.

Pregpan, I kinda excited but nervous at the same time. Its probably next month. Hope your DH is not working late again tonight. I tend to go overboard when I am working, really need to change that habit LOL

Sherie, yay on the lights, must be so nice. Thanks for the website, its .co.nz, I'll have a read shortly

Gracie, LOL at Lewis laughing in the car, ikwym by driving to the city at such hour. Dont forget to let us know when Lewis is on Target catalogue

Noni, dont be sad **hugs** I am sure there is a nice house waiting for you now

I really hope its not reflux though. He vomitted again yesterday and my carpet looked like a map LOL

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast