Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #26

Morning,

Hayley have you tested yet? Sorry but like Gracie I am a little excited lol.

Agnes LMAO at the carpet looking like a map.

Gracie your gorgeous boy has sold me and I am off to spotlight to get some things for my SIL today.

I woke up this morning thinking it was Friday, I was so bummed when DH told me it was only Thursday. I am going shopping this weekend and can't wait, then we are having a few friends over for a BBQ. I love getting all the food ready, nothing better then putting some music on and having a glass of wine while you chop up a salad.

hi agnes driving to the city is a nightmare! i tend to never leave the hills these days. it's just so nice up here and people in the shops know our faces and always want to chat to lewis.
    maybe he was laughing so hard cos he'd never seen so much traffic before! LOL, whereabouts in melb are you located again? i know you've told me before but my brain is mush!

noni- we got $100 for the spotlight ad, and i had to travel for an hour there and back and was at the actual shoot for about an hour, so pretty good money. apparantley target pay about $90 an hour but i'm not too sure yet.

katie- lmao at you going to spotlight! i love bbqs too. do you make kebabs? i love chicken ones.

Morning Girls,

OMG Hayley Have you done the test yet.. I think I will be on edge all day now. Sorry I am excited too.
    Gracie- The photo is great.
    Katie- Your Weekend sound wonderful... I love having friend over for dinner.
    Agnes- Sounds like you have a prohart on your hands. I hope he is better today..
    Cassius2- Your day sounded Lovley in the Park
    Pregpan- How lovley of you to give Noahs cloths to the shelter. I sent all my baby stuff from the boys to the hospital as I noticed that when the boys were in special care some of the cloths had holes in it. With Olivias stuff I gave it all to my cousin as she is didnt have much and couldnt afford much either. Although I did keep some of her 0000 for her dolls.

Hello to all and have a great day

Hi Ladies!

Oh Gracie it sounds soo nice where you live! I would love something like that! we went to the royal bot. gardens yesterday and I swear that it took 15 minutes just to cross the road!! I guess I have become a bit 'country bumpkiny' while living in canberra - i just enjoy not having to fight with a thousand other ppl to go somewhere!

Katie I am green with envy of your weekend! it sounds really nice (shopping and friends - what more could a girl ask for LOL!!)

Agnes: LOL at the *map*!

hope everyone has a splendifirous day!

I've tested and I'm in the clear, woo hoo!! Seeing the blue pregnancy boobies got me really worried. Its gone now though so its strange. I wont be 100% confident though until I get my period, with Maddie I did a preg test early on and it didnt show up, then a couple of days later I did it again and got a positive. However I think its safe to say I'm in the clear this time.....

yay Hayley. I bet AF arrives in the next day or two (if not today). I remember when we were trying and I would test and then get AF, once I peed on the stick then wiped and what do you know there she was lol.

Always the way! I'll be nervous until it arrives.

Hayley- WooHoo
    Katie- OMG that use to happen to me all the time when we were trying b4 the boys.

Leanne - Bet you were shocked when you discovered you were having twins!!!

hey everyone..
    looking into getting some cloth nappies.. they are just so darn cute lol and when i worked out how much i am spending on disposables lol that gives me some incentive.. who was it doing cloth in here?? sorry mummy brain!! so far am looking at getting baby behinds one size fitted nappies a and maybe down the line a few AIOs for convenience what do u think am i crazy??
    haley - phew lol come to think of it Af is kinda late for me too or maybe die this wkend lol ifd considering we have only had sex like once this month i am not really worried lol sorry for the tmi

Agnes here's some infor for you about reflux. It was the best info I could find all in the one place. Thanks for the article, I'm still not convinced tho LOL!

Wow Haley, I feel sheepish after my bun in the oven joke the other day! BTW it was SupaB from our bellybuddies thread who was on Mcleods (as an extra in a preggy exercise class lol). Yep I've read a couple of Picoult's books, they're always really good but a bit confronting (there's always some social taboo in there somewhere). OK< i'm going to do a counter recommendation - Elizabeth Berg. She's suuuuch a good writer, they don't take a long time to read but really gripping stories, KWIM? BTW Picoult's going to be at the local Dymocks doing a book signing in May!

Pregpan, I'm with Arte, E : eat my thighs not my brain LOL! Glad you're happier with the FDC place, it takes them a while to settle in but he'll be happy as larry there before you know it. Wow at the mother's help, I never knew there was such a thing and now I want one!

Noni, congrats on your loss. I think I read the BB was for up to 9kg?? Anyway she's heavy enough that it's just really uncomfy now. BTW yes I think you're crazy for the cloth nappies LOL - but it's a good thing. I just couldn't do it right now.

BTW the vaccinations-autism link - as far as I can make out - is from a particular component in the MMR that was used for a long time in the US. I quizzed the MACH nurses and it's not in the one that's given here and hasn't been for a long time. I also noticed they've changed the schedule since the MMR used to be given at 18 mths - which is when the first signs of autism often become apparent developmentally. They've now moved it forwards to 12mths and I wonder if that's to separate them out or whether it's because measles is more prevalent now so they have to be done earlier.

Gracie, I haven't used the ergo a lot cos I really need the extension strap (had it on the first day right up around my kidneys oww but it was still comfier than the BB). DH has worn it a number of times and loves it too. At first he was not fussed because it doesn't have the forward facing but he's realised it's better keeping the telescopic arms out of reach anyway LOL. I hear you on understanding books too. I've started reading chick lit which I *never* read before (brain candy LOL).

Katie, definitely start reading again now or you'll just always be too busy and you'll stop reading altogether. After H was born i only ever had time to read for information (ie nonfiction only) and I will never forget the day I finally picked up a novel and devoured it in about 3 sittings - it was Cold Mountain. That was the start of me reading novels again and I'm so glad I did. I will love that book forever!

Hi Noni, I am using cloth nappies for Leila. we are using 'bum genius' nappies. they are pretty cool as they grow with the bub and unless its the 'big' one, you only need to wash the insert. they are really easy and dont need soaking or anything. so we just pop them in the wash and away you go. the bubs tend to be a bit grumpy at first cause they arent used to having a wet bot, but you soon get the hang of it and leila hasnt looked back!!
    and yeah, i love them cause they are just soo cute, so many colours!

hi girls!
    i have missed out on so much
    have most of you had AF yet? I haven't seen hide nor hair of her. lol. (now that i've said that...)
    wow have i been busy folks were over at easter and afterwards so made house, then we went to sydney for a conference, bought a handbag and 3 pairs of shoes. whooo!

T is going relly well. She had her 6 mth shots b4 sydney and lost her appetite, seems to be ok now though. She is 9.5kg now and 71cm long. Our babies are no longer newborns that's for sure. She is a real little girl.

Since talking on BB we bought a highchair and still in the toddler nappies. T still can't roll over but can sit up unsupported.

oh - one of the mothers from the mum's group said her boy was in a bumbo seat on top of the vanity next to her and he lunged forward and fell 1 metre into the empty bath with the bumbo still attached to his bum. He knocked himself unconscious and after a scan found he fractured his skull. when she told me i just was so shocked and made me cry. he has a black eye and a red patch in between his eyes. Oh boy, it just doesn't pay to have them on ANY high bench does it? oh the poor thing. I felt terrible for that mum.

On a happier note, i have TAFE holidays!!! whoooo.

p.s mcleods is still not on thanks to underbelly!

Hey SupaB - good to see you, I was just chatting about you this morning! Do you know what number episode you're in?

Far out about the bumbo. I hope your friends little one is ok in the end (my dh fractured his skull when he was about two and I could say something nasty about it explaining a lot of things but really he's ok). I know they were recalled in Aust a while back because there was no warning on the packaging about keeping them at ground height...I know lots of mums have them on the kitchen bench while they are doing dinner but that's too scary if you ask me! I'm shopping for a 2nd highchair for kitchen use instead.

SupaB, good to see you. I haven't seen any sign of AF yet. I am still BF though, so not sure when she will be coming back.

Sherie, yes he gets into the wipes all the time (they are yummy!), but usually he is happy to flap around and eat the first one so I can save the others.

MD, forgot to say from ages ago that the buzzy bee is a brand name thing, NZer think it is a pure NZ icon but it turns out it was sold in Australia too lol. Like weet-bix, we have the song 'kiwi kids, are weet-bix kids', but then I realised that Aus has the exact ad but with Kiwi changed to Aussie lol

Agnes, have you started solids with W yet? Could it be a new food that is causing him to throw up?

Hayley, congrats on dodging the bullet!

Will had his first fall from standing, he was holding on to my knee and then let go to pick up something and I wasn't quick enough to catch him. Poor baby, his little head landed on toys. He can stand unassisted for a few seconds sometimes now.

artechim and marydean - great to speak with you again.

doing some ironing now.....

speak soon

Afternoon Girls,

Hayley- Not really shocked as we ended up having to do IVF and I had 2 Frozen Embyros put in.
    Supa- Hey its great to hear from you... Glad T is good.
    Art- Poor little W. I hope he's OK.
    Noni- Sorry I have never used cloth nappies.Only use them as spew rags.

Supa - great to hear from you and it sounds like T is doing well!!! N is also sitting, he rolls one way (back to front) but not the other. makes for a lot of yelling for mum to turn him back around LOL!!!
    Woo hoo on tafe hols - how is that going?
    Hayley - glad the test turned out how you wanted... I wonder who will be the first of us to get preg again....
    All good here - dropped off a massive load of clothes to the women's shelter this morning, they were really grateful. I think I will do it 2 times per year, and N can get involved as part of his clean up of the room when he is older to give away toys and clothes to kids who need them. I think it is nice way to instil the value of charity in him. I then went shopping (!!!) and got him afew new things as the big wardrobe clear out yest showed me what he needs now - plus i wanted a couple of cute mew outfits for the trip to melb!!! Oh I can be shallow!! we are so busy this weekend with fam stuff but i have arranged a drop in session at our place on sun morning to see friends, so that will be nice. it means N can sleep if he needs to as well whcih is great as usually we run around like mad in melb and it isnt good for the little man.
    Noni - dont know much a bout cloth nappies - but sounds like a good plan. let me know if they work better at night. N is weeing thru every night and it is driving me BONKERS. reminds me of when he was a newborn!
    MD - i think dial an angel provides mothers helpers. they do basic household duties.. sounds like a plan to me!
    ok better go, i think N needs anappy change and then a sleep.
    ETA - meant to say I thinkN is teething again on the top - i can see the little splits in his gums and his cheeks are rosy. explains a bit of the clingyness too - i was putting it all down to the needles. poor little things if it isnt one thing it is the other! hope they pop through soon, thought i think we could see splits in bottom gums for a while before the gorgeous teeth appeared!
    Last edited by MamaPan; April 17th, 2008 at 05:10 PM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast