Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #26

Pregpan - For a minute there I was going to be the first pregnant one!!! Thank god its not me. I dont mean to sound ungrateful and if I did end up pregnant it wouldnt be the end of the world. However I'm just not ready yet, I dont think it'd be fair on Maddie, I want to enjoy her as a baby before having another iykwim. Sounds like his teeth for Noah doesnt it, poor little man hope they come through quickly for him.

Supa - OMG That is terrifying!! The poor boy, I bet that incident gave his mum a terrible fright. Maddie is also sitting but still no rolling. Looks like a lot of the bubs are at this stage atm.

Leanne - Oh ok so you knew what to expect. I'm hoping for twins one day, they are on both sides of the family so we're in with a chance.

Arte - First of many falls hey!? Cant believe he is standing unaided!

Noni - Never used cloth nappies but they look so darn cute. Give it a go what have you got to lose?

Marydean - Lol dont at all feel sheepish about your bun in the oven joke. Thanks for the recommendation of Elizabeth Berk...always looking for new books to read. I've just bought a book on ebay called damaged by Cathy Glass, after a friend highly recommended it. Yes I had seen somewhere that Jodi Picoult was coming to Perth Dymocks so I googled it for more info, but its on a Monday when I'm at work. I would be there otherwise, I LOVE her books and she must be such an amazing person, would love to chat with her.

Also is anyone still having problems trying to get their bub to take their normal feeds? Maddie has dropped right down from 4 x 240ml bottles a day to 2/3 120ml bottles. Its 5.15pm, she's only had 2 bottles today and I just tried to give her more but she will not have a bar of it. She wont eat any solids either. Do you think this is a sign of teeth on their way? I'm worried that she isnt getting enough and its been like this for about a week now. Still sleeping through despite only having 3 bottles max per day....? Its strange.

oohhh pregpan- are you going to watch the bachelor tonight? i can't wait!!!!

glad you're not utd hayley

Hayley, yay on you being relief with the results.
    Hope Maddie is fine, is she generally feeling okay? I am going for lunch with a friend and her baby but now I think I might cancel it and go to the dr instead. W chucked up a couple of times yesterday and he is off his milk too.

BBL for more personals, haven't read the previous page. Have a nice day ladies!

Morning Girls,

Well now Olivia has Temps .... This virus seems to be going though the whole family.
    Pregpan- Your Weekend sounds great as well.
    Hayley- Well I thought it was a great when I was pg. Because all I wanted was babies but I dont think I really realised how hard it was to actually raise twin babies. I had a lot of help thank god.

i got my tots bots fleece covers in the mail this morning.. soooo cute!! idk how everythings gonna fit under her clothes though?? coz i am starting with flat nappies because mcn are a bit steep and i might get a few mcn but cant afford many of them.. kinda defeats the purpose of going with cheap nappies if they arent really very cheap iykwim?? am off shopping this morning with my mum i know she feels cloth nappies are a waste of time so that will be interesting.. maybe i am getting in over my head i mean mcn are one thing mmmm
    haley - Asha is the same with her bottles but she is eating solids more.. usually 3 meals a day..

Noni - I wish I could get Maddie to eat some solid food, then at least I wouldnt worry about her milk so much. She is not into either atm. I hope your mum doesnt give you a hard time about the nappies. My parents are the total opposite, they are major hippies still who think I should have Maddie on soya milk and should be using cloth nappies lol. Thats how I was raised, no wonder I hate soya milk!!!

Leanne - Oh no that virus is a nasty bugger! I hope you guys can get rid of it quickly. One baby is hard work, so I can imagine how hard twins must be...just as well you had help.

Agnes - Hope Will is ok. Let us know how it goes at the doc.

hayley - noah is also a bit off his food the last few days - i think maybe it is teething? or his needles? i dont know! i figure as long as it doesnt go on too long it is ok??? he is def not so into feeding in the day but has woken for a couple overnight, which is tiring for me but good for him i guess! how is maddie today?
    Leanne - oh no poor O!! you rfam has had a rough time lately. hope they get better soon. my best friend is preg with identical twin boys... i know she is in for a HARD year!
    Agnes - hope Will is OK. what did the dr say?

well ladies today is my last official day of mat leave.. even though i have done afew days here and there mon is my forst official day back at work... i cant believe this time is over! but i still get 4/7 days with Noah for a while so i am ok. i was planning to go to my fave cafe for lunch today but N was sleepy - been asleep for an hour now - so i am having leftovers at home like a saddo! we have farewell drinks for a friend who is moving to china this eve though (we will pop in b4 N goes to bed) so that will double up as a celebration for me!

Gracie - i taped the batchelor - well i thought i did - it failed! i am so bummed i had planned to watch it with my lunmch while N slept.. so what happened???

Pregpan, happy Passover for tomorrow! Enjoy your weekend and good luck next week if we don't see you again before then!

Hi Pregpan! Good luck for next week. It's pretty weird going back to all the pre-baby life stuff...with a baby!!! But it is fun and I find that i love nothing better than going and picking little leila up from care and seeing that big gummy smile!

thanks girls! am feeling alot better about it all now - i think we will have it sorted out in no time. the main thing i am stressed about is that DH is away all week next week so it will be a long week. but hey, the positive is that he will be back after that and i will have done the hardest part - and then he has fridays off from then on!
    Thanks also MD for the passover wishes.
    MD I was hoping you could post the semolina pudding recipe for babies - I think N is getting sick of purees so hoping to expand the selection! he also had a few bites of scone yest and LOVED it so I am thinking i will make some mini scones or muffins for him next week (with hidden goodies) so if anyone has ideas i would love to hear them!

Just a quickie to let you all know I'm still alive .....

Ok, here goes, this is peach semolina, but really you could use any fruit (I added apple puree) or none at all and a drop of vanilla/Tbsp of maple syrup.

I cup of milk (I used rice milk)
    1 Tbsp of semolina (find this in the breakfast aisle)
    1/2 tsp of sugar (I added this but it was a bit too sweet with the ricemilk)
    1 ripe peach

Bring the milk to a boil, add the semolina and sugar (or vanilla or maple syrup) and heat, stirring constantly until the mixture coats the back of the spoon. Serve with mashed, sliced or chopped fresh peach.

It's actually a nice sloppy texture, I remember DD1 ate it happily for months. We tried sago pudding (tapioca balls) but she was never very impressed with that! The other thing you can do (if you're having dairy) is junket - it has a culture that sets the milk and is very easy to digest. It sets a bit like a pannacotta. You can get the sachets in the dessert aisle.

The other thing (if you're looking for ideas) is pikelets (with mashed banana, grated apple or whatever else you want to add) made with egg yolk not whites, or veggie fritters (grated zucchini, pumpkin, sweet potato bound with some egg yolk and corn flour, pan fried). I think the scones idea's great, how about pumpkin scones, you could shape them into fingers instead of rounds.

Hey Sherie, good to hear you're still holding up in amongst the school hol madness.

Leanne, you poor thing, hope all of your fam is better soon.

Jazmum, I'll be thinking of you tonight as DH has just left on a 2 week trip so we're having Chinese soup tonight ! I'm going to the shop to find some fabric for E's taggie. Found some nice ribbon today but it was a minimum cut of a metre (!) so we'll have to go elsewhere I think.

Hayley I hear you on being worried about her intake. Sometimes they just eat a lot less (this is something that some toddler's mums really struggle with, they seem to exist on nothing) but actually you'll know about it when they start growing again cos they'll eat everything in sight. If you're really worried, though, talk to your MACH nurse or GP, it could be something simple like constipation or iron levels a bit low, that can affect their appetites. And if it's nothing to worry about you'll know then too so either way you've got it covered, KWIM?
    Last edited by AnyDream; April 18th, 2008 at 05:36 PM.

MD - Thanks for your reassurance. Today she has still been having small bottle feeds, but I'm just going to keep an eye on her as we are off to the doc next week for the flu injection and I'll speak to the doc then. Unless it gets really bad then I'll go sooner. I had to laugh when you said maybe she is constipated, as she has been doing HUGE whoppers once a day every day, and they are sooooo disgusting lol. BTW never heard of semolina but it sounds delicious so I'll be giving that a go. Also good idea with the pikelets.

Sherie - Hi!!!

Pregpan - Good luck for starting work next week. I'm sure you will be fine and get yourself back into the flow of things.

Clare - I'm the same with collecting Maddie from care, as soon as she sees me she smiles and waves her arms around. Makes me melt!

I've had such a busy day at the shops buying birthday pressies for people. We are going out for dinner tonight for my mum & sisters bday as my mums is today and my sisters is tomorrow. Maddie doesnt sleep when we are out and got really overtired. I just managed to get her off to sleep now in her cot so hopefully she will have a nice long sleep seeing as we have a night out tonight. No grumpy bum babies allowed

Hey guys just wanting to let you know im alive too LOL! Ive been keeping up with all the posts but just have not posted myself.

Booking myself a Drs appointment ASAP, ive had black/blown bleeding & cramping (Mid cycle). Posted a question regarding it in the Periods and Cont forum but havent got any replys yet. *shrug* dont know whats happening.

Rory, Dwayne & I are going to stay with our family on Saturday night. Hope im okay by then.

Hope your all doing well xoxox
    Last edited by reneenay; April 18th, 2008 at 05:53 PM.

MD, thanks for idea of pikelets and fritters. Is there a reason that we aren't supposed to give egg white besides allergies? I made some corn and cream cheese muffins a while ago and he loved it. BTW, not surprised your DD1 wasn't impressed with Sago, it is vile and my mum used to try to pass it off as dessert!

Haley, hope Miss M has a good sleep so she is nice and fresh for the birthday dinner.

Pregpan, doesn't seem like that long ago when everyone was planning their maternity leave, can't believe that so much time has gone!

Renee, hope you get some answers about the mid cycle bleeding, it must be a pain (and a worry)

Gracie, did you go back to swimming?

Sherie, I was wondering where you had disappeared to but then I realised it is school holidays so you are probably a very busy mum at the moment. And yay for getting your wiring fixed.

Noni, good luck with the nappy cover tonight. I keep thinking I should use cloth but it is so expensive to set up, it puts me off.

Leanne, hope Olivia is feeling o.k

Nothing exciting happening here. Will let rip a massive fart and then clapped lol, such a boy. I thought there were swimming lessons on today but it turns out it is just a couple of mums with no instructor so I went later with DH (he gets friday arvo off)

Howdy ladies,

just popping in to say hi. We have had a very busy day today and another one tomorrow.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Went to the dr this arvo. The dr was late so we waited for almost 1.5hr thank goodness W was quite happy over there and even smiled to the other patients. The dr suspected viral infection since he had a fever the other day and we've also found some rash over his body. Tonight I need to catch his urine and bring it back to the dr tmrw morning.
    Sorry for no personals, hope everyone is well.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast