Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #28

Pregpan- I am so glad N is better- re the lamb cutlet I just cut most the meat off and giver her the bone with only a little meat on it. she loves chewing on the bone. As she gets older I leave more meat on. I did the same with the boys too. I think they are great cause the bone is big enough for them to hold on too.

Have a wonderful day mummies

Thanks for the boost the other day, I know I am a good mummy even if DH doesn't think it is worth saying.

Noni, sounds like you hit the mothers day jackpot! How was your baby free day the other day?

Pregpan, did you solve N's overnight wetting problem?

MD, thanks for the BF pep talk the other day. I spent a few days trying to add extra feeds and I seem to have more milk again now. I was getting quite worried because he would try to feed to go to sleep and would empty one side (and bite) then the other side (and bite more) and still be awake when usually there is enough in one side to get him to sleep. LOL about E shoveling food into her mouth - one of the dinner time mottos here is 'we still have to chew even when it is yummy' because if he really likes something he crams it all in at once.

Haley, I am with the others on getting vaccinated for chicken pox. A girl I played with when I was little wasn't vaccinated (I can respect an informed decision not to vaccinate but the mother was just lazy) and she spent nearly two weeks in ICU and nearly died from it.

Gracie, how is your doggie doing with Lewis? My old girl is doing so well, I looked over today and W had shuffled his way over to her and was playing drums on her rib cage but she didn't seem to mind lol

I went to playcenter today, W loves it there even thought it is his nap time he manages pretty well. He loves to walk around carrying different toys and squealing lol

He kept touching me with freezing fingers when he is feeding and I went eeeeeee in a high pitched voice. He thought it was the funniest sound ever but now he can do it himself so he keeps squealing like a wounded dolphin now.

I think Will is having a growth spurt, all of a sudden the last few days he is actually eating a fair bit of his food and he has added a couple of BF and is drinking for a few minutes at a time rather than his usual 30 second snacks.

Happy belated Mother's Day to everyone!! I got a box of chocolates and a card that was just lovely, telling me what a wonderful mum I am. Made me cry. And then DH organised with my mum to babysit in the afternoon and we went and saw Made of Honour. Was lovely to get out and go to the movies but I did have to pull my phone out and check the time halfway through!!

DD is constipated again. So today she is having pears and prune juice. I think we are going to give all the iron fortified cereals a miss for a while and just stick with weetbix for brekky. She had so much to eat yesterday and slept until 3:30 last night and then until 7:30. So I don't know whether to think she is hungry when she's waking or she's not as it keeps changing!

Leanne - yay for Olivia's tooth!!

Noni - sounds like you had a great mothers day. Hope Asha is feeling better

Hayley - if they are constipated they recommend giving banana a break. Glad the prune juice worked for you, I've mixed it with a few things but we're still waiting for some action!

Pregpan - All we have done with finger food so far is banana, avocado and rusks! There are some roast vegies from last night's dinner in the fridge so we might have a crack at them later (if she poos!) Also will try toast soon.

MD - Shame that DH is away again, hope Thursday goes well at FDC.

DH is applying for a scholarship that would involve 5 weeks overseas! He wouldn't be going until the end of the year or April next year. That is a long time away, would have to get mum down for a couple of visits to give me a hand. Would be nice to go with him, but I think a bit hard with DD as he will be 'working' while he is over there so it would just be us girls during the day.

Sherie - is the body butter in a glass jar that could 'accidentally' drop and be broken?? I know what you mean about not using it, I always seem to get presents like that and they sit in the cupboard for a while before I pass them on to my sister. I've got my regular creams and potions and don't stray from them!

Arte - what is Feijoa?

Kind of glad my parents are gone now, the last two nights I have really struggled to get back to sleep after feeding K, is nice to know that the spare bed is available if DH is too noisy or close.

Atre - yes I did solve the night wetting prob and N will kill me for this when he is older but the solution was to use girls nappies!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so i use a girl nappy in the night, as i noticed he was wetting at the front... has not happened since LOL!!! we still use boys in thge day time so he stillfeels like a man!!! hilarious hey! and i think you are a WONDERFUL mum, i love hearing how you do things with W.
    Leeanne - you have inspired me and Noah is having a lamb chop for dinner tonight. i cant wait to see him attack it!
    Cally - your mothers day sounds FAB! I saw that movie with Dh last weekend, we had a 'date' - i didnt love it but it was ok.
    Gracie and Jaz - are you glad Susan left bachelor? i liked her at the start but thought she was so fake by the end!
    Last edited by MamaPan; May 13th, 2008 at 01:35 PM.

Cally, Feijoas are a fruit. They are in season now and are very yummy. I never saw many in Aust, I don't think they are very popular there but are commonly grown where I grew up. I am working my way through a 2kg bag of them. They are green on the outside and have a white flesh that you scoop out with a spoon. Yum Yum.

Good luck to your DH for his scholarship, sounds very exciting.

Pregpan - glad the wetting through problem has been solved. We have the same problem here, but we already use girls nappies!! I notice it happens when she is asleep on her tummy rather than her back. This morning the front of her 2.5 tog sleeping bag was wet about the size of my palm! Mmm, the movie was OK, but certainly not a classic! But I'm not into realy deep and meaningful movies anyway.

Arte - ah, a fruit. Thanks for solving that query.

Those with tupperware snack cups, what volume are they? Don't have any here but would be interested to how they compare to the amount K is eating.

Well DD is awake, better go.

Hello everyone!

Well having a v interesting day today, took E to see an Osteopath and it was soooo interesting. The consult took >an hour and he was very interested to hear all about her clicky shoulders, torticollis, reflux and not sleeping. Anyway, he identified a few little things, an area of her neck that is compressed, a couple of ribs that are sitting a little further back than they should and a tightness in her middle (which related some how to some ligaments involving the gall bladder...? He sort of lost me there) but it all points directly to R-E-F-L-U-X (!!!) He also said in the osteopathy world there has long been an association between CS and reflux on account of the way the main artery in the umbilicus contracts then tightens when the cord is cut so soon at birth. So I'm just haaaaaanging out now to see whether we get an improvement. She's got another session booked next week, and it might take a couple more sessions after that but then he won't see her again until she's walking (cos the bottom-bumps they do once they're walking can re-compress the spine again, apparently). Will let you all know how it goes. Was also v interested to hear he does a lot of work with auditory processing (on account of the effect the ligaments/muscles in the neck/head have on the timpanium and the strain they place on the small bones in the ear). So once I've recovered from the financial blow of these consultations I'll be looking at taking DD1 along too.

Cally, oh hun just go overseas with your DH(!!) There's always weekends and a couple of extra weeks tacked on the end where you can all go roaming together. Do it now when you only have the one bubba!!

Pregpan - for you with your DH going away. It's never easy, and the sad thing is the closer your relationship is the harder it is when they are away. PM me if you need some distraction in the form of a coffee together!

Noni - Aaaaw the story of your DH's card is sooo sweet. That's just priceless hun.

Arte, I'm glad you've seen your supply come up, it sounds like he's having a growth spurt anyway. Feeding from both BBs when you normally only give one should build your supply over a few days anyway. The biting part is not fun. Another GF told me yesterday she has horrible pain feeding when her DS is teething but we were talking about something else so I forgot to ask if it's because he bites or from the saliva or whether the new teeth get in the way. I've had some horrible horrible ouchies (I abandoned a feed outright the other night, just couldn't cope) with E and it's when she's teething. LOL at "we still have to chew even when it's yummy"

BTW the chickenpox vacc has only been avail for 8-9 years so perhaps that was measles, mumps or rubella that your little friend had? Sometimes chickenpox is that severe as well, but she couldn't have been vacc'd back then to prevent it. I was really ill with it as a child too.

Cally, I just measured it and they are 2/3cup - more than I thought they were actually.

Noni, don't stress about the heart murmur - all it refers to is the sound the blood makes as it is pumped through the heart - like a wooshing sound and totally harmless. Babies and Children can often get them when they are ill - like she is ATM and they will go away on their own. You would know if it were a serious one as she would look blue around the mouth and skin etc from lack of oxygenated blood. Erin had one because she was born with a small hole in her heart but its gone now and never caused a problem.

Pregpan, glad Noah is better now.

Sorry for lack of personals - been out again today and had another crappy night and I just can't think straight LOL.

Oh, Marydean, I had to do that for Erin too LOL. They are in plastic tubs, so I can't break it.

Re tupperware snack cups, filled to the brim they are about 160ml, filled to approx full (with room at the top) they are about 1/2 a cup. Half full is close to 1/4 of a cup.

ETA - Noni, really don't stress about the heart murmur. DD1 has one and it wasn't even diagnosed until she was 7 yo!! Often the heart grows and it fixes itself as your baby grows, if not it's just something they keep an eye on every few years (ultrasound) and you have to give them ABs before they have dental work or any surgery (even stitches, etc). If it was serious the drs would definitely have noticed it before now. I'm going to take DD1 back to the cardiologist soon because she's just told me she always comes last at running in school and that never used to be the case.
    Last edited by AnyDream; May 13th, 2008 at 02:22 PM.

hello everyone

can i ask please, where has the photo gallery gone from under everyone's stats? i was going to chuck a couple of pics in there

pregpan- ummm, i'm not too sure about susan leaving the bachelor, i kinda liked her. she's very attractive. i just think that sarah is kinda boring and moana is a bit of a bunny boiler
    i thought of you when i was on the plane- you're such a jetsetter!

cally- what country would dh go to for his scholarship? do you want him to get it or would you rather he didn't?

arte- lewis is in love with my dog! he tries to talk to her and squeals when she comes near him. the other day she was lying at the foot of my bed and lewis rolled right off the bed and landed on her like she was a big pillow. i was horrified but she just lay there with him lying on her, it was kinda cute. glad to hear your dog is happy to be annoyed as well!

well dp and i have been discussing it a lot lately and we've decided that i will most likely not return to work next year at all (was supposed to return in january 2009) and will ttc again instead. we're planning on having two kids in our family so we've decided to have them close together and get it out of the way iykwim? that way we won't need to worry about childcare for the next couple of years at least and then i will plan to return to work 3 days a week later on. i'm kind of excited about it, even though i know it will be hectic for a few years but then i think it will be quite good once the kids are both at school. what do the rest of you plan to do? are you going to have more soon or wait a while? (except those of you whose husbands have been to the vet of course! lol)

md- the osteopath sounds very interesting- you'll ahve to keep us updated on how it all goes. i need to ask you for some author recommendations, i've got no books atm and am planning on going to library this week. i just want some light, easy to get into,reading whilst i'm breastfeeding kinda stuff. just finished reading a joanna trollope....can you recommend anything?
    Last edited by Ginger; May 13th, 2008 at 02:27 PM.

Gracie and Arte, our old dog was just like that, happy as larry no matter what DD1 did to her! LOL Gotta keep an eye out on Fluffychops tho. He's a bit unsure of the whole baby thing. Though he's quite happy to get up and move if E comes over to where he's at.

Gracie - how exciting about your TTC plans ! Delaying your return to work sounds v.enticing. I'm soooooooo not motivated to go back to mine. Not feeling the $$$ pinch hard enough yet! Plus they've already told me that if I only go back a couple of days I won't get my old position's duties, and might have to do the cataloguing (eeew). I'd love to linger at home and return to work a bit later on instead.

Gracie how exciting!!!! we may be preg again at the same time as i think we will ttc when N is 1. i also want at least 2 kids, maybemore, so i need to get them banged out!!! ha ha. also being here is not the most wonderful thing for my career so i think it is good timing. plus i am already clucky and missing the 'newborn' phase. that said it took me 12 months to get preg with N and no sign of AF here so it may take ages again!!! i hope not though!

md- when do you think you'll go back to work? cataloguing sounds sucky!

pregpan- yah i'd love us to be pg at the same time again! yeah i think we'll prob have trouble ttc as well as i've only had 2 afs since lewis was born. oh well, we'll see how we go i suppose!

gracie - i have had NO AF since N was born!!!! while that is soooo good in some ways... i know i will be upset about it in a few months. it is part of the reason i thought i may cut back bfeeding...

ughhhh tough day here!! asha dosnt wanna eat anything thats not sweet lol thats her new thing and boy does it drive me mad!!! my heads not in it either i was like asha if u eat this mummy will give u custard lol shes 7 1/2mths old ffs lol... anyway she just keeps winging idk if its teeth her tummy or what no idea but shes not a happy camper.. wont drink her bottle now either ughhhhh...
    pregpan - theres a pic of my tat in my gallery it says asha..
    gracie - wow ttc how exciting!!! not sure what we are going to do.. i know atm we are waiting coz we dnt even have a house lol really depends where we are financially i think atm we cant afford another baby so we dont think about it iykwim?
    md - very interesting re the osteopath am keen to hear how it all goes.. wow that does make me feel better 7yo gee.. hope the running thing is unrelated and everything turns out ok
    sherie - thanks for that i do recall the dr saying something similar i think i was just in a panic and didnt listen exactly lol
    pregpan - lmao girls nappies soo cute that u still use the boy ones during the day so he feels like a man lol..
    gosh this post is taking so long because asha keeps wiiiinging!!! sorry anyone i missed will try come back later

pregpan- yeah i know what you mean about the no af thing. i had one last week and it was a killer! i put on 1.5kgs (bloating and chocolate eating) and felt like crap! had to miss lewis' swimming class cos it was so heavy. i'm hoping it becomes more regular as lewis gets more into solids.

noni- did you end up not getting that house you went for? how annoying. i want to see your tatt but i can't see peoples gallery anymore

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY (sorry its late)

Gracie - Whooohoooo!! How exciting, a little brother or sister for Lewis! I bet its so nice to have a plan/direction you both agree on! Ive been trying to get some direction out of DH but I havent had luck so far. I dont mind if we start TTC in 6 months or a few years I just want some idea

MD - Sounds like you got some answers from your Osteopath visit, EXCELLENT! Its all very interesting isnt it? Is there anything you can do for E at home for her reflux? LOL DH bought me frangipanni body wash for mothers day HAHA!

Cally - Sounds like you had a great mothers day Was the movie any good?? I hope Katie's constipation clears up, poor pumpkin! Have you tried Noni's trick?? Where will your DH be going? Have you completely ruled out going with him?

Art - Your a fantastic mummy!!! Will is going so well with his foods isnt he. I wish Rory would eat as well as W. He is moving around so much too, what a little champ!

Pregpan - Give N some gingernut biscuit, very messy but very yummy! They are very hard and they cant break bits off. Rory just sucks on them haha. I am paranoid too about Rory choking and it doesnt help that he chokes ON EVERY lump LOL! I hope your going okay without your DH, im sure you are. Its just those first few moments alone that are hard. When will he be back??

Leemar - Im glad Olivia is dealing with her new toothy peg so well I saw your photo you uploaded last week, I cant beleive how big Olivia is!!!! Gosh they are growing up so quick arent they!

Noni - Poor Asha, she is having a terrible run at the moment. The girls have given you some reassuring advice regarding Asha heart murmur, I hope your feeling better about it all hon. Im glad you had a lovely mothers day, you got spoilt!!

Sherie - I had a giggle at your TWO pots of blueberry bodybutter LOL Atleast you wont run out for a long time. Im suprised you didnt spy it under your bed LOL! Hows your tooth going??

I had a great mothers day. DH on behalf of Rory made me breakfast in bed and he bought me a bunch of Napoleon make up. We then had a roast at my mums. We came home, put ROry down for a nap and had a few drinks together and Mcdonalds LOL!

I have a new DH, im not sure where the old one went but I like my new model haha.He is being so wonderful and he has realised what he was doing wrong and is working really hard on making things right. I havent felt this happy in a long time.

Im at work at the moment, I just cant get motivated! Buggalugs is with my MIL getting spoilt no doubt!

Rory went to bed at 7:00pm last night and was up SCREAMING at 8:00pm. When I picked him up he was all floppy like a new born. I wouldnt focus on me, it was like he was blind and couldnt see me. It took us a good 15 min to settle him down, he was sooooo upset. I think he had a night terror and when I picked him up he was still asleep. Poor darling. He slept through until 6:30am once I put him down.

renee- i'm glad you got a new dh LOL where do i get one of those from? ooohh i love napoleon you lucky thing!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast