Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #29

Hi Girls,

Art- bummer on the house. Could you possibly say something to them.
    Jazmum- I hope I dont jinx myself but compared to my boys Olivia is a great sleeper. The boys still wake up and come into our bed. Worse too as they are bed hogs so DH and I end up jumpin into there beds, which is what happened last night.
    MD- How wonderful that your sister is coming to visit.
    Pregpan- How did Noah go last night?
    Gracie- Good luck to lewis today

goodmorning everyone..
    another weird night here up at 1 4 6 and then out of bed at 8ish no idea whats going on teeth maybe or maybe shes just in that pattern now?? eeek no idea i am getting used to it now anyway..
    i used a cloth nappy overnight last night.. i just folded up a terry into a long skinny rectangle and stuffed it in the cover iykwim it worked really well she wasnt winging or soaking but she didnt seem to wee that much last night so time will tell with that one..
    arte - i am using big softies coloured terry towelling nappies atm coz they are cheap and practical. cost me 20 bucks for 8 and i bought these covers called cuty that havnt leaked on me yet!! even last night overnight and they are super cheap too all from big w.. i love cloth so much now though i dont wanna put her in sposies lol i coneed my mum to give me some money for a few mcn AIOs that would be good for going out lol i think i am gonna go with itti bitti delish lol they are sooo cute haha ive been converted!! asha seems much happier in cloth and not constipated interestingly enough i think the other ones were restricting her some how.. i hope they sort out the house for you!! have u talked to them? maybe they just arent thinking about it?
    haley - haha we are the same on a budget lol always break it for cute things for Asha lol!!
    jazmum - ohh asha always gets hiccups lol.. is dh back now? how long did he go for or was he just working the night?
    pregpan - are u having issues with sippy cups? "puts hand up" me tooo!!!! i think i have 4 now and she wont drink from any of them lol she will drink from a water bottle or a glass lol but its not overly convenient and obviously i have to help her every time she wants a drink lol..

morning everyone
    noni - great that you're loving the cloth nappies. I don't think i've ever put one on any of my girls! dh is back tonight thank goodness (not that he does alot to help me out)
    arte - that really sux big time. Are they trying to make you leave or something? I hope things get better for you and your dh. Having a baby really does impact on the relationship doesn't it. Will he sit down and talk things over with you?

Noni - Must say I agree with putting up the nakie baby pics, you never know how many sickos are lurking around. I dont mind showing a bit of skin but wouldnt put up a pic with the rudies showing. The cloth nappies sound great, I dont know much about them!

Arte - Sorry to hear about the house, what a pain! Maybe you should speak up and tell them? Surely they'd understand, with having a baby and all. Thats a bummer that you are DH are fighting, hope you can sort it out soon. Maybe you need a date night?

Leemar - LOL at your bed hogging boys. cant believe you have to jump into their beds, hillarious! Is this what we have to look forward to?! hehe

Jazmum - Glad your DH is home tonight. Mine isnt too handy with the bub either, but I think its nice just having someone there for support. Its hard work doing it all alone.

OMG off for my next hairfree treatment today, I'm nervous and I dont know why!

Oh ladies could we Pleeeeeeeeeeeease not all talk about how great our babies are sleeping? I'm a terrible sleep deprived mummy, when it was 5am and I still had not had a straight half hour of sleep I just crashed even though she was crying next door. I just can't function! I rang QE2 this morning and a good thing I did because I was in their system but there was some sort of mix up (!) and there I was just sitting there on the waiting list waiting, waiting, waiting. Anyway they have given me a date (first one was the only week before his big trip that DH is away AND both DH and DD1's birthdays in the same week) so then they've given me another date - which is practically the last nanosecond before he goes. But I'm on the cancellation list as well. I don't know if it will help but i have to at least try or I'll end up in the nut house.

Cally please remind me again how useful your QE2 stay was! Is K still sleeping well now?

Pregpan, I thought of you in the middle of the night and wondered how Noah was getting along. When is your DH back?

ETA - Arte, we have this tommee tippee inflatable duck thing, it's like a big ducky dinghy that you put in the bath/shower recess so you don't have to fill the whole bath with water. It even quacks LOL. E screamed the first time that DH put her in it, but we put it away for a week then let her play with it in the lounge room and now she loves it. Good alternative if you don't have a bath. E also pats my chest when she wants boobie, although i think her first actual sign might be "duck" cos she loves the quacking noise I make whenever I sign it LOL.

Umm just thought of something else but gone again. I'm off for a sleep. Just remembered, Hayley, no BF ing babies don't sleep as long as FF babies but one or two get ups a night is manageable and plenty as far as BFing is concerned. Doesn't excuse getting up a million times or staying up half the night, Miss E!!

marydean you poor thing. So how long is it before you go to QE2?
    noticed this little cutie on someone's sig - might cheer you up -

oh md you poor thing!!! i really really feel for you. i am not functioning so well at the moment, and this has only been about a week.... i mean he isnt a great sleeper at the best of times but this is awful (and STILL prob not as bad as Miss E). when will you goto qe2? i am sure it is going to chg your life.
    N had another rough night last night, he was up about 4 times which is ok considering he is ill but it took me close to an hour to get him to sleep each time... so not so good!! poo little mite was in pain i could tell. anyway he did another poo at 6am (question here is it diahorea if he only poos every 6-12 hrs ie yest we had 4am, 9am, 5pm, 6am)??? anyway i did my collection and dropped it off this morning, i had lost the form for pathology so had to go back to the dr which is the other side of town, impressed - not!! i also had to cncel mothers group which suck as i have had to cancel all my fun this week. i am a bit deflated. anyway my mum wil be here tonight which will be good and then dh is back on sun. i think i may book a massage tom just for some me time and mum can look after N.
    Great idea that tomee tipee thingy i will look into it (esp if it quacks)
    ok gotta go, just got N to sleep and i need some breaky (yes it is 12 noon here)

Hayley - are you using laser for the hair removal? I think it is more to do with the fact that the formula is a bit harder for them to digest and makes them feel full for longer so they don't wake, rather than not having as much breastmilk.

Arte - sorry you and DH are fighting, having a baby certainly changes the dynamics in a relationship doesn't it? I think you can have a maximum of 1metre drop from a deck before you need a barrier - sorry, not much good when you have a baby though is it. Can you put a row of big planter pots around the edge to keep him away?

Pregpan - K also plays with my nipple, a few times we have been on the couch sitting next to DH and she starts playing with it, then looks at him and starts laughing. I swear she is saying 'hehe Daddy, all mine now!!'

I've been thinking the last couple of days that K hasn't been waking up as happy as she used to in the mornings. She used to have almost 30 minutes some mornings playing by herself. Anyway, this morning she woke at 6:20 and didn't sound very happy so I fed her (she had a feed at 12:45 too) and tried putting her back down. She made noises (happy ones) for about ten minutes, then fell asleep and woke again at 8:45!! I couldn't believe it! So we might try that again when she wakes unhappy.

MD - Glad that you have a date - Yes, K is a different baby. We went from an hour of screaming when it was bedtime to a baby that smiles at me when I put her in the cot and then puts herself off to sleep within 10 minutes without a whimper. In the last couple of weeks we have only had to go in and resettle her when she is really tired or constipated. She also doesn't want to stay up after a night feed, she goes straight back to sleep now.

The capsule hire people just rang up wanting their capsule back. I said she was only just big enough for her seat and I wasn't ready to put her in it yet so it would be another month. They said that would be another $20. Not impressed, there was no mention of an extra fee if you had it for more than 7 months (from pickup date). DH wants to move her into the seat, but the capsule is so much easier for me (and safer). When I take it in I might give them a lecture about how many babies aren't over 8 kgs in that time frame and how much safer the capsules are anyway.

Pregpan - poor little N. Is the poo really runny? I think that is more sign of diarrohea than the frequency. What a bummer about losing the form - that's sleep deprivation isn't it. Enjoy your massage.

K still doesn't feel like booby today. Very disheartening when she'd rather eat the remote than drink some milk!

cally - yep the poo is really runny, thats what i thought too but i figure it isnt as bad if it isnt constant?? anyway hav dropped off the sample and so i guess i will know what it is next week, i just want him to feel better the poor little thing. at least he is sleeping better today - he is napping now and has been asleep for an hour - i expect him to wake up soon. that sounds great - i have started to try to resettle N if he wakes up crying/grumpy as then i figure he is till tired and needs help to go to sleep but if he wakes up happy/chatting i figure he is refreshed.
    that is crazy that you have to pay another $20 - i think when i got ours they said it was til 6 months or 8kg whatever is later with no fees added.

ahhhhhhh- i'm home!!! this morning was crazy.
    i have never in my life seen so many babies. i reckon there was about 5000 there!!! anyway, when we got there they had closed the line cos there was too many people so we just laughed and said 'stuff it'. i couldn't believe how many people were waiting in the line with screaming kids, i mean, give it up!!!

anyway, we decided we'd gone all that way so we may as well eat and go shopping!! i bought 2 beautiful frames from country road to put photos of lewis in and a couple of pretty headbands for my new short hair. as we were leaving the shopping centre we walked past the line and it was really short (this was a couple of hours later) so we jumped on the end. we were in line about 10-15 mins and then we got to the front. awesome!!! i couldn't believe people had been waiting there for so long!!
    lewis took a really good shot and the lady said 'he looks so adorable in his easysuit' yes!!!! i was very surprised at how many people didn't dress their kids in bonds clothes. very very silly if you ask me.....anyways, all in all it was ok in the end

md- sorry to hear you're having such a hard time with sleep....

pregpan- hope noah feels better soon. poor little man....

hayley- good luck with hair removal. i am so hairy!!!

QE2 - last week in June. Barely skated that one in before DH goes. Feeling slightly chirpier this morning after a nap.

Pregpan, Ummm (it's poo talk again LOL) I think diarrhoea refers to either frequency or consistency or a combination of both. I think it's safe to say that if it's still not normal then it hasn't resolved yet. But you're quite right, if it's not constant and v watery then it's less likely he will dehydrate, kwim? Bummer about your mother's group - my DD1 always gets sick when I've got something that I'm looking forward to!

Gracie - LOL you have just discovered the reason I always turn up slightly late - NO WAITING! Glad you had a nice time out and of course L looked adorable!

gracie - did the add not say preferably dressed in their fave bonds outfit?? lol well done at just jumping back in line when it was short and having a nice day our shopping!!
    md - hope qe2 brings success and lots of sleep!! lucky they squeezed it in but i'll cross my fingers someone cancells and u can get a better time..
    pregpan - hope its nothing nasty!! atleast if its less constant its less work for u!!
    cally - id refuse to pay that if i was u!!!
    haly - its just her bum thats showing but i just dont feel right and i dnt think dp would approve if i put them online anyways..
    \

hi all
    wel N seems a bit chirpier today at least so i am thinking he must be feeling a bit better, still not himself but better than yest... anyway i have been breastfeeding like a mad woman (will deal with my sore nips after i guess) and giving him gastrolyte and potatoe. he is soooo sick of potato i think so i am moving on to a few other things - i have a good book (called yummy baby) and they have some recommendations so i will try a few of them. he just had a mill arrowroot, not om the list they have spo i hope it is ok, i figured we eat things like that when we are ill and he guzzled it down and no gagging so that must be a good thing. anyway enough about that!
    Gracie - yay on missing the line, and glad he looked so adorable... when will you find out how he went. what idiotsnot to dress the kids in bonds i say... glad you had fun shopping.... i am in need of some retail therapy big time.
    so annoying i need to vent - my ILs just called me and proceeded to tell me how this week must be so much harder for DH as there is nothing he can do... HELLO!!!?? WTF!!!! even DH doesnt think that. i did say i dont see it that way when he is sound asleep in his nive big hotel bed and i am cleabing up poo and vomit all ngith and dealing with our sick son. i think they reaslised today wasnt the day to start that with me!!! i know it is hard for himbeiing away but really....
    glad you have a date MD and it isnr ROO faraway, i know it prob feels like along way off. i have heard of a few ppl getting inw ith cancellations so finger's crossed. glad you are feeling a bit better. maybe take E for a walk and have coffee and cake, i just did that and i feel much better.

Lovely ladies, thank you for all the comforting words. I thought I owe you a story so here it is. I saw the traffic light turned amber from a distance so I slowed down. I've already stopped at the traffic light for quite a while, there was no car behind me and all the other cars next to me have all stopped. Then BAM! suddenly my car was hit from behind and although I was still hitting the brakes, I was push forward for like 4-5metres. Lucky there was no other car in front of me, otherwise my car could turn into a sandwich!
    A nice lady came to my car and asked if I was alright. She's willing to be a witness cause she saw the guy was speeding and she could even see smoke coming from his car.
    I just went to the panel beater for a quote and it might cost 4000 to fix the car but I dont know how much will be covered by my insurance. In a way, I kinda sad cause in my 33yrs of life, this is the first car I bought brand new for myself.
    But on the positive side, we are so fortunate cause W was not in the car.
    I have some stiff neck and back pain atm. Still deciding if I need to go to the dr or probably wait for my chiro appointment in 3 weeks time.
    Thanks for reading and sorry for the selfish post. Will try to be back later for personals. I hope everyone is well and is enjoying the day

Agnes - you're so lucky W wasn't in the back seat!

MD - I got in on a cancellation and heaps of the others there did as well so fingers crossed! I think they keep some early bookings open for really little ones with feeding problems that need to come in straight away so if they don't fill up you might get one of those.

Pregpan - glad he is feeling a bit better. Grr to the inlaws.

Gracie - glad you got in, I was feeling a bit disappointed at the beginning when you said the line was closed. But a good day in the end, shopping and the photo shoot!

oohhhh agnes, that's so bad. you must have got a horrible shock! i hate taking lewis on unnecessary drives cos i'm so scared that some d**k is going to do that to us. i'm so glad w wasn't in the car...it's really dissapointing that it's happened to the car that you bought too..

prepgan- i can't believe your ils think it's harder for dh being AWAY from a sick baby!!!! i thought it was just my ils that were nutty!!!!

noni- did it really say to dress them in their fav bonds outfit??? i didn't read that....that makes them even more stooopid!!! i looked around me and there were kids in thomas the tank engine tops and pumpkin patch outfits. i couldn't believe it!!

cally- glad not to disappoint you yes it was a great day!! shopping, eating, drinking coffee and we still got their photos done

ok gracie i am ready for a bachelor download!!!!
    loved the episode from last night!!! that jenny (?) is a bit of a b*tch dont you think? i thought the way she attacked susan was AWFUL. i still dont know if susan is a fake but man that was crazy!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast