Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #29

Jazmum - You sound like a great, fun loving mummy to me. Like MD said, I think all the good times out weigh the bad mood mummy days. I can remember my mum having more than a few bad mood days, but the fun times we had together are the memories that stick on my mind. I so know what you mean though, & i'm sure its a common worry for all mummies. Just keep doing what you are doing, we all have our share of grumpy mum bad days.

MD - Hope you are rugged up tonight! We havent tried Maddie in the trolley seat yet. Do you have a trolley mate?

Cally - Ok I guess you are right, if she is unhappy on her tum she will let me know. LMAO at the poo in the bjorn!!

Sherie - I am wary about using too much panadol as well. Have you tried the natural teething remedies? We havent used it enough to determine whether it actually does anything for the pain. Anyway looks like we are in the same boat as you with the teeth. Maddie has a terrible looking rash all around her mouth, a bit of a botty rash and a runny nose and she had a screaming fit before and it gave us the chance to see into her mouth, where there is a definate little cut on her bottom gum right at the front. So looks as if I have jinxed myself and the sleepless nights are on the way lol. Explains the shocking rash though...its so bad poor thing lol. How many teeth is Alister up to now?

Aww Maddie and & daddy are having a convo in the kitchen they are both babbling dad dad dad to each other, I could cry its so cute!!!

Quick q regarding cows milk, if you use it in purees/cooking is that setting them up for lactose intolerance?

Hi Girls!

Sherie: sorry to hear the little man is finding it hard to sleep. v frustrating. but i try to remind myself with this mantra...'this too shall pass!" LOL, at the very least it gives you the few seconds sometimes needed to calm down when the wailing starts up again in the middle of the night! Also i totally get the holding him down when going to sleep. leila loves to get right up and sit there and have a chat. the other day she did it and i left her to it...and low and behold 10 minutes later she had fallen fast asleep in the sitting position!! LOL! DH got a photo...i'll try and post it in the gallery when i work out how to do it.

Hayley: not too clear on the cows milk thing either. MACH nurse told me to put some in leilas cereal in the morning which i have been doing for the past week and she seems fine...if that's any help! Also, regarding the crazy sleep positions, i reckon leave her to it. as i said to Sherie, leila fell asleep while sitting in her cot and is none too worse for the experience!! we also have those 'airwraps' around the cot and that stops her from sticking legs and arms out. we bought it when she started to go walkabout in the cot.

MD: yeah i wished i got his rego. he was on a mobile phone too. i checked today and the car has a cracked rear light...not happy jan.

JazMum: yep, i think i qualify for cranky mums 2008! but we try our best and one day they'll realise that! well we can only hope!!

Gracie: so jealous of your roaring fire. here we have a very unsexy column heater that is surrounded by the dog and one of the cats...

Agnes: congrats to W with the crawling! what a champ and they are so proud of themselves when they work it out arent they?!!

Cally: not too much damage, a cracked rear light...although i think that i am going to be ultra paranoid for awhile! LOL!

Well our news of the day is that Leila is CRAWLING!! hallelujah! the frustrated baby worked it out and can now follow me everywhere...E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E! gotta childproof ASAP. the cats are terrified.

anyway best dash as it's laaate for me...egad. saturday night before midnight and i am turning in for the night...

Hayley, I would be careful with dairy if there is a family history of allergies but if she is fine with formula then a bit more dairy in cooking won't make a difference. W likes to sip a bit of my cereal milk in the morning (only time he will eat off a spoon), but then I am not overly worried about allergies as there is nothing in either family.

Agnes, my W had several grizzley nights when he was hard to resettle but then he started crawling and it stopped.

Clare, congrats on the crawling.

MD, is E worse at night when your DH is away or is it just harder to manage on your own? You said she is a clingy bub, could it be sep anx when daddy is away?

Sherie, sorry A isn't sleeping well, constant wake ups are a pain.

I have some friends visiting and we stayed up until 2am playing boardgames. Between 9pm and 2am I had to go and resettle W 7-8 times. It is crazy. I had an appointment with Plunket but the lady but she said to feed him and put him in the cot and that he would 'protest' but would eventually get used to it. I told her I wouldn't leave him to cry and then she had no other ideas. She referred me to a family clinic but I think I will cancel because it is a two hour drive and I doubt they can tell me anything I haven't thought of.

Arte, that would be really frustrating - how could she possibly not have any other ideas apart from CC?

Clare, LMAO at your terrified cats! poor things. Well done to Leila though, clever little munchkin. And yeah, no where is off limits once they can chance you down LOL. Alister gets upset because I move to fast for him. Its hard knowing that it will pass, but its the 'when will it pass' that is hardest kwim? It can't go on forever - have you ever known a teen to not like sleep?

Hayley, Cows milk should be fine now. I was using it in the older kids porridge when they were this age. And like Clare said, there is already cows milk in the formula so she should be fine with it. If Maddy has a split in the gum, the tooth will be through in the next day or so, once you see the split the end is in sight LOL. Alister still only has 3 teeth, but lovely teething poos *YUCK*

Marydean, thats awesome that Miss E is twigged on to the signing now. Does H do it with her too?

Alister was slightly better last night with not as many wake ups, but he had more to eat last night because I figured if he was going to be waking up anyway, I may as well give him dinner, so he had apple and cereal, a rusk (which he has now figured out how to eat LOL) and a crumbed lamb cutlet bone, which he thought was the best thing ever LMAO - he got so cranky when I took it off him. So he had a fair bit of solids and then his normal bedtime bottle and I thought it would upset him but he was fine, even the wakeups were only quick settles too - pop the dummy back in, readjust his blankets and a quick pat on the back and we were done.

Well done Sherie!!! and well done to Alister!! LOL at the lamb cutlet!! i went to buy some yesterday for leila but at $25 a kilo i baulked. is this alot or this normal these days??? if so i'll just suck it up and buy them...

Arte: frustrating news about plunket. they dont seem to be too good for mums and bubs...which then questions their exact role! i reckon if the sleep is really bothering you then try and see what the mob 2 hours away do, it cant hurt, it may cost a couple tanks of petrol...otherwise do they have a website that you can check out to see what they offer? otherwise, some friends who preffered a more gentle approach have gone (and found some good hints) from the pinky mckay talks. she has her own website (not called pinky mckay), if you type her name into a search engine her site is the first to come up...
    there are some good reads on there.

anyway, we are off to brave the cold and take the dog somewhere interesting for the day.

hope everyones sunday is peachy!!

Clare, that is really exxie for cutlets, but it is really a lot cheaper if you buy them uncrumbed and do them yourself. Our here they cost around $2ea crumbed. But you guys in the city are getting totally ripped off for meat prices.

Hayley, I have been using Alister in the trolley seat ever since he could suit up on his own - there is so much more room in the trolley without the baby capsule on it. But I do use the capsule trolleys if he is tired and likely to fall asleep. I never worried about getting the trolley mate/trolled monster/clean shopper though, as grubby as trolleys can be LOL. Lindsay used to like to suck on the handle of the trolleys and it would make me gag, but I started to take something for him to play with so he wasn't tempted LOL.

Hhhm I can seem to be able to see my ticker
    Thought I post here before heading to church.
    Night waking is still happening around here, though I am hoping that it will settle soon now that he is finally crawling.
    Yest we went to see a friend who has a premmie. Aaww he is so cute and tiny compared to W. Babies are really addictive, makes me want another one LOL He has lots of hair, which reminds me of Noah, Pregpan. Btw how is Noah today, hope he has conquered the nasty bug.

Sherie, hope the tooth comes out soon so Alister (and yourself) can sleep better.

Gracie, I really need to fix all the cables and cords, he is really interested in cords and wants to chew them all the time lol. Was it you whose DP is an electrician? I presume your house is pretty neat with all the wiring then. I think today will be quite wet too. Aaw, I envy you on the roaring fire. Nothing beats snuggling with our babies and drinking hot choc in front of the fire. I think thats one of the best things about living in the mountain.

Hayley, since W started rolling, everytime I put him to sleep on his back he rolled over to his tummy. I usually leave him like that, dont want to wake a sleeping baby up. LOL on the hanging legs, he does that too. I took a peek one time and apparently after I lie him down, he rolled over and crawled backwards. Then he yelled for us and kept looking at the door waiting for us to come.

Cally, we are thinking about buying a playpen. Prob need to have a look at safety gates too.

Jazmum, was it you who ask if I am drinking softdrink. I sometimes drink diet coke, but I didnt know it might trigger night waking, need to stop drinking it then.
    Hugs, you are a great mum, I just know that! Dont worry, my mum worked all the time when we were little and usually arrived home tired. But I didn?t remember that now, I can only remember all the good things

MD & Sherie, when teething I usually give him braueur teething relief. I prefer that than panadol since its natural.

Arte & MD, the signing sounds promising

Arte, I am too hoping that when he is getting good at crawling, the night waking will stop. Sorry about the sleep appointment, cant believe leaving them to cry is the only suggestion they have.

Clare, yay on the crawling. I so hear you on EVERYWHERE lol

Sherie: OMG! these werent even crumbed!!! and we are not talking organic or free-range stuff here. just bog standard abbatoir, factory farmed lambies...ahhh the joys of the city!!

Agnes: hear you on the cords...leila is addicted to them...must do something about it...

My god Clare! Are your serious???? There is no way known I would pay that much for uncrumbed lamb cutlets. Can you find a wholesaler who deals in bulk to get it cheaper?

Agnes, I got the brauers colic relief, and I can't see that it makes much of a difference to him, but the teething one they only had in a big bottle for nearly $20 so I wasn't keen to buy it JIC it didn't work LOL. How prem was your friends baby?

Aaah, E hasn't tasted lamb cutlets because when I saw them they were $30 a kilo (!!!) I remember when they were $7 a kilo AND I'm not old!

Sherie Yay for A sleeping a bit better. E bellows if her dinner is finished and she still wants more LOL!

Hayley, we have this thing that straps the baby a bit firmer to the trolley seat (I don't trust their straps plus you can use this one on regular chairs in cafes etc - handy when they are bigger) but she can still suck the handle/bar. DD1 sucked shopping trolleys too and no harm ever came of it LOL.

Cally, we have a playpen around the computer, and a portacot set up with a few toys in it in case i have to dump and run (ie broken glass emergency, someone comes to the door, getting hot food out of the oven, etc). I actually managed to have a (short) nap the other day lying on the lounge where she could see me, playing in the portacot. I got DH to move the furniture around this morning to fit it in a bit better LOL.

Arte, I think you might be right about E sleeping better when DH is here. She loves her Daddy and is very attached to him. Doesn't help me much when he's gone though!

Re Milk - on our chart of introducing foods in a delayed manner for the allergy thing they say to start small amounts of yoghurt, then cheese, then milk after 9 mths. As always, introduce a small quantity for three days or so and watch for any reaction. Most ppl are already giving their bubs milk anyway as it's in a lot of the processed baby food jars.

Agnes, I sometimes have the diet coke without caffeine. My friends all say with no sugar and no caffeine why would you bother LOL!

Clare, how exciting that Leila is crawling! LOL at your cats! Mine is quite calm about it all, DD1 was always very gentle with her. Boston Fluffychops on the other hand didn't know what hit him. However he finally appears to have realised E is human as he took his bunny toy to her to play with him the other day. It was hilarious.

Ok, better go, am supposed to be doing a bit of work on the puter before DH heads off again tonight.

Clare, that is a crazy price for lamb chops! I refuse to buy chops unless they are on special for $9.99 per kilo. Luckily we got half a cow off my mum and it works out to be $7 per kilo for all the fillet steak, roasts, stewing steak and mince that should last us all year. I will check out the Pinky site, but I think most of the sleep issues focus on settling the baby which isn't really our problem - he goes to bed easily, just wakes constantly.

Haley, I would love to have a date night but any potential baby sitters are two hours away and since he won't drink from a bottle or settle without boobie (and wakes every hour) I don't think I could leave him anyway. The longest I have been away from him is 1.5hours when I took the cat and dog to the vet. I would really like some time to myself but I have no idea how to do it

I think I will give plunket a ring tomorrow and ask what sort of techniques they are likely to suggest because I really don't want to drive 2 hours just to find that they want me to put him in the cot and leave him to cry.

The cutest thing ever happened the other night - we went out to dinner and in the hotel lobby there was another little boy that had just learned to walk and W was walking holding my finger and then he started chasing the other little boy (still holding my finger) lol it was soo funny, every time he caught the other boy he patted him and they both laughed and then the other boy would toddle off again
    Last edited by Artechim; May 19th, 2008 at 10:55 AM.

oh gosh theres soooo many posts since last i posted lol ive kinda been skimming through occassionally but things have been busy so i havnt been able to post..
    does anyone know anything about oral thrush??? Asha has it and lately shes been really off her bottle could that be why? is thrush irritating, i am assuming so.. ive got daktarin now so hopefully that will clear it up..
    went to the baby expo saturday and looked at a few mcn options.. ended up going with pea pods over itti bitti delish mainly the price and the style fit us more plus they come with a little bag u can put them in once they are wet or soiled etc.. so we got two to try them out, have only used one once but it held up really well no leaks and she felt nice and dry
    arte - ohhh how adorable!! i cant believe W is walking sooo early!! way to go!!
    md - sorry dh is heading off again the first time i introduced a food with milk powder it was coz i realised the jar one id given her had it in it anyway and no reaction.. how is the food introducing going? are u doing that coz miss h was sensitive to something?
    sherie - i find the teething relief usefull but not when shes at her worst iykwim then sometimes not even panadol or nurofen will help.. i dont find nurofen that usefull for asha actually.. weird..
    agnes - is the preemie ok? out of hospital? lol @ babies being addictive
    cassius - congrats on the crawling, Ashas just started going forwards lol shes not near quick enough to follow people yet though i am sure it wont be too long
    hi to everyone i missed biig waves!!! just cant catch up on it all lol

Hi spunky mummas,

I am so supa dooper sorry I have been MIA, I am such a bad baby buddy *smacks hand*.

I have no chance on catching up since your all such chatterboxes, so I apologise if I have missed something important. I was reading every now and then but these threads move a mile a minute.

Anyway not much happening on our end. Still no teeth but we think they are coming now, have bought some Hylands teething relief which seems to be doing the trick. Have joined a playgroup and so far we are loving it, last week they shouted us coffee and cookies and we sat in the park chatting.

I hope everyone is well. Big thanks to Arte for checking up on me, your such a sweetie. I promise to try and be a better baby buddy from now on lol.

Katie - welcome back, you're not a bad baby buddy, you're just a busy mummy!!

MD - let me know when you want to meet for coffee this week

Sherie - we have the Brauers teething relief, but I don't know if it makes any difference. We have the Brauers Calm and I've used that a few times (prior to sleep school when I needed an easy night) and it definitely works.

K did not want BM this morning! Each time I offered she just threw her head back. Ended up expressing and mixing it in with her weetbix so at least she got some that way (only got 50mLs though). I thought she was getting better, yesterday there were only 2 feeds when she only wanted one side, every other time she had 2. Hope she gets interested again soon!! At least she has both sides before bed and the middle of the night feed.

Well I better go and pack, we're heading up to my parents for the week so they can have a 'Katie fix' before heading to the Kimberley for 3 months!

Morning Girls,

Well I am trying to do the mountain of washing I have and clean the house and keep the kids in toe. ATM they are all resting Oh I have to go to the shops today too so that will be interesting with all 3...

Lamb Cutlets- I am always using them so I buy them all the time when I see them on special. Olivia no likes to chew on the chicken drumstick bone too when we are having chicken. Which is tonight - Lee's Famous Roast Chicken is on the menu.

Katie- Welcome back.
    MD- Sorry If I upset you about saying how Olivia sleeping though dont forget I have 2 other little boys that keep me up some nights. Speaking of that Xavier had Temps the last 2 nights I think he is getting the cold. Hope E Slept better for you last night.
    Art- Way to go W you are really advanced. How cute too playing with the other boy. I think Jordy was like that too... One minute he was holding my hand next he was running

Cally- Have fun at your parents
    Noni- The Daktarin should clear it all up

Oh I forgot to mention I have booked DH in to get the snip he first visit is on the
    17th June and they said they do the procedure about a 1week after that.
    Hello to Everyone and have a wonderful day

Ooooh Leanne, roast chicken sounds goood. I don't do chicken often because it never goes far with all of us and I find the big ones are too dry and tough. Good luck at the shops today too LOL. Is your DH nervous at all?

Cally, LOL at the parents getting their Katie Fix. How far away are they from you again - I can't remember if you've previously said. The healthfood shop I got hte colic relief from didn't have the calm one, but I might ask if she can get it in - she is pretty good like that.

Katie! Hello to you! Thats great you are enjoying playgroup - Logan will get so much out of it, especially once he is a bit bigger and can join in more. How lovely they shouted coffee and cookies - that would have won me over for sure LOL.

Noni, The one MCN I brought was a peapod and I really liked it too, but Alister just didn't look comfortable sleeping in it, like there was too much bulk for him. I suppose he would have gotten used to it, but I decided it would be too much washing if I went all out and converted over.

After a bit of research on teething relief, I decided to get some Weleda teething powder because on the other forums I checked out, they couldn't recommend it highly enough. Fingers crossed that it is as good as they say it is. Hopefully I should have it by the end of the week. Although last night wasn't too bad. He woke at around 10.30 and I gave him nurofen because he did seem really upset, and we only had 4 more wakeups after that all between 11 and 1.30 and after that he slept till just after 7am. Poor DH spent the night on the couch because he was too tired and wanted unbroken sleep LOL And this morning his gum where the tooth is is sooo red and almost translucent and it does look like the skin is just starting to split open. He also refused to eat brekkie too, so he is in bed now sleeping after having a dose of panadol because he isn't even sucking on his dummy normally either - he puts it to the other side of his mouth to the sore tooth and sucks it, so it must be really sore today.

On the home front I have a mountain of washing to do because it rained almost constantly yeterday - nothing beneficial, just sleety misty rain. I have already done 4 loads and I have another 3 to go *sigh*

Sorry, think that my post read a bit wrong - apart from the odd few steps W still needs to hold fingers when he is walking - he has the strength but not the balance. So when he was chasing the other boy I guess I was chasing him too lol

Noni, hope A starts feeding better again now that the thrush is getting treated.

Haley, did you get the ikea highchair? Is there a big gap between the tray and the baby? My current one is driving me crazy

Another night of hourly wake-ups

Leanne, your chicken sounds yum. With your fertility troubles before the boys I bet your DH never imagined he would have to get the snip lol

Sherie, poor Alister! Hope that damn tooth pops through soon (or at least the Weleda works). I should be doing some washing. I am going to look at clothes driers in town today because it takes all day for clothes to dry and they are usually still a bit damp. It just doesn't get warm enough. There have been heaps of frosts lately and it is still icey white in the shade at lunchtime.

Ozstar, good to see you back. Logan is looking very cute in his ticker pic.

Better go and do some housework while W is asleep

Sherie- I buy my chickens in the twin pack they are great. Sorry to hear about A teeth I hope it comes though soon. I hate the teething stage it sucks. Good luck with the washing mine is an endless mountain (well it seems like its endless gone are the days when I had only 1 load to do). lol.. DH seems really good about getting it done.
    ART- Yeah seems funny really we tried for so long then had to go though an IVF Journey and then all of a sudden we fell natually. Life sure is weird. Although if we ever really get the urge to have more babies which I pray to god we dont, we still have 2 frozen embies. lol.
    Last edited by Leemar; May 19th, 2008 at 11:15 AM.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast