Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #32

Ahhh I dont know what to do, Maddie just wont stop coughing. Its worse at night. She has been having coughing fits and just cant seem to stop. Last night was a shocker and tonight wont be much better, I can hear her coughing away now. Poor things throat must be red raw as she wont take a bottle or food without a dose of panadol first. Its a very nasty bug this one, I am sick now too, my whole body aches & I feel like I have no energy at all. I cant even run my fingers through my hair because it hurts!! I tell was struggling big time with looking after Maddie today - I feel very naughty because it was pretty much a tv day, with Hi 5 on repeat all day. I rarely use the tv so feeling a bit guilty. Ahhh mothers guilt does it ever end!?

Renee - There are a couple of older kids at my mothers group too and they seem to be a little outta control, with no limits from mum. I wonder where the discipline is too, but maybe we will be in the same boat when our littlies are older. Maybe sometimes you just give up and let a few things slide? I dont know lol.

Clare - Italian playgroup sounds wonderful, I dont think we have anything like that in Perth. I'll ask my DP, he would love for Maddie to have a bit more Italian influence in her life.

Cally - Happy birthday hope you got spoilt rotten! Oooh cant wait for you to open your pressie, how sweet is your DH!?

Katie- Love the painting wrapping paper idea! You should wrap pressies for the grandparents in it too, they would love it.

Suzie - Welcome! Yes we've had a few nights of crying and wondering what is it thats upsetting her, only for a tooth to appear the next morning. It all makes sense then doesnt it.

Noni - They do put a notice on the door but seeing as Maddie is only there two days we would have missed it anyway. Ah well what can you do, at least we know what it is now. Bet you are excited about moving, what does your dad think? Is he sad to know that you guys will be going and taking Asha (obviously lol)?

Pregpan - We are going through the nice stage with Maddie lately too. They love being nakie dont they!

happy birthday cally!!! sorry i didnt post that earlier..
    haley - i dnt know how he feels about it i think he might regret not spending much time with her despite living in the same house coz now we will be a few suburbs away n living in the same house we hardly spend any time together.. its kinda sad.. about tmw i am really nervous the forever pesimist in me wont feel safe until the lease is signed and the keys are in my hand!!

just a quickie to say a big hello to Suzie!!! welcome to the group!! we chat alot so jump in anytime!

and also to MM: hold strong sweetie. this must be really tough for you. i can only imagine. i remember the mad dashes to the hospy with Leila. feeling like a bad mum is, i think, par for the course at times! and remember if there's doubt, there's no doubt. if you think she should see a dr or go to hospy, just go. they would much rather laugh about us anxious mummies then have us not go and have sick bubs at home...(at least that's what they told us the hospy where we had leila).

goodnight to everyone else who is doing the midnight trawl! i'm off to bed!

Awwwww Hayley, don't feel bad - when you are both sick you just have to get through it the best you can. Its hard, but no one will hold it against you for having a jammy and Hi-5 day When she is coughing, as hard as it is for you to hear her so worked up, she needs to cough to get all the plhegm off her chest and ease some of her congestion. If you are up to it, give her back rubs while she is coughing and even rub some vicks into it.

Noni, everything will be FINE!!!! You will get the keys and you will move in without a hitch. Maybe your dad wont appreciate what he had till you've moved out?

Renee, don't worry about it - I would be a bundle of grey hairs if I worried too much about stuff that I've accidentally done to the kids when they were babies LOL. Like this morning for example, I was rushing around getting the older two ready for school and Alister will just crawl after me, trying to grab my dressing gown as I go past, well today he grabbed it, but I was moving too fast and I bowled him clean over. And then there are the times when he plays with the vacuum as I'm using it and I knock him over with it LOL.

Katie, we've got ordinary weather here today too, but we really need it now - things are looking very worrying again this year.

Cally, you are made of stronger stuff than I - I wouldn't be able to wait to unwrap a pressie LOL Do you have an idea what it is?

I am off to Wagga tomorrow with Lindsay for another appointment with his opthamologist (just a check up and hopefully a weaker prescription for him) and SHOPPING!!!!! I have been saving for ages so I can hit the sales LOL. They are all doing them early this year too.

Hi Girls,

renee- DH is feeling ok about the op.
    Sherie- Have fun shopping and hope L appointment goes well.
    Hi Suzie and welcome
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR YESTERDAY CALLY
    AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MD H

Hayley- Poor Maddie hope she gets better soon.

Morning everyone

Hayley - your poor sausage. I hope you're both feeling better today. Have you raised one end of Maddy's cot at all? Sometimes that can help with the coughing. I wouldn't worry about the tv time. Kids learn alot from watching tv - and most of the kids shows are education these days.

Sherie - i'm loving your new av. Sexy mumma!!!

Suzie - hi and welcome looking forward to sharing this adventurous journey with you!!

hi to all of you other lovelies as well
    w

Hi J I love it too - looks nothing at all like me ( I have short brown hair and brown eyes for a start LOL) but I'm more excited that I found a Pink Floyd-esque T-Shirt LMAO.

oh i didnt even realise it was a pink floyde t shirt.. it is a sexy av though!!!
    oh god i am sooo anxious right now lol ive got about 20mins till my mum gets here to take me to the place eeep.. ive packed my keyring from ashas photo shoot lol i havnt used it yet but i will today hehehehehe..

Noni - Ashas keyring will bring you good luck im sure

Sherie - Lol I thought you must of grown your hair out! Love the t-shirt haha. Have fun shopping you lucky duck!

Hayley - Gosh poor Maddie I hope your doing okay too, I cant imagine what it would be like to feel awful and look after a sick bubba! I hope it clears up soon hon and you get a well deserved rest! Oh btw I put Rory infront of the TV in his beanbag for 1/2 after his bath so I can get dinner ready without worrying where he is! Thank god for 24 hr cartoons on foxtel haha.

Hi JazMum - How are the girls going?? Are they getting through without Chloe?? Must of been so hard on them.

I got about 7 calls on my mobile last night after 10:00! Each time they asked for John, I dont know how many times I had to tell them I wasnt JOHN and I dont know JOHN!!!!!!!! Arghhhh, they didnt believe me though! They were drunk or something because they were ranting and raving. They called a few times Tuesday night too. Its quite scarey really. Its a private call so I cant report it either

Had a tough night with Rory (I jinxed myself). He refused to go to bed! He only went down at 10:00 and even then he woke 3 times during the night. Dont know whats up with him. He has got 4 teeth is he due any more at his age??

What size clothes and nappies are our bubs in??

Noni, LOL at you having a keyring ready - the last thing you need is to worry about losing it.

Renee, They will have teeth come at any age from here on in really. I would have been so annoyed at "John's" mate calling all the time. I guess the stupid bugger didn't have his number in speed dial LOL. As for clothes, Alister is still in 0's for separates, but they are getting shorter on him now - they all sit just above his ankle now so I think I will *just* get the winter out of them if I'm lucky. Lucky for me he is skinny so they tend to sit lower on his hips too. His jumpers are getting a bit short in the arms too. I have been using sz1 wondersuits and singlets for ages now, and sz 1 bodysuits. Nappies he is still only in toddler ones - haven't had any leaks at all with them so not in a hurry to change them cause you drop down from 90 to 72 in a box then.

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. DH gave me an electronic photo frame, so we can have different photos of K up. It also plays music. So now I have to trawl through all our photos to pick out my favourites - which I was meaning to do anyway to put into an album.

Renee - K is in 0 clothes and crawler nappies. This week she was just under 9 kg and 70cm long. I already find that there is a difference in sizes, she is almost out of the KMart brand, but the Sprout stuff still has heaps of space, I have to fold up the arms.

Noni - I'm sure today will go fine, but I have everything crossed for you anyway!

MM - poor little Maddie. Don't worry about heading back to the hospy or doctor if you're worried, I would.

Trillian - happy shopping!!

Well we had two failed attempts at a morning sleep. I resorted to driving her to sleep. I don't even want to think about how much it cost, but at least I finally have some time to myself this morning! She's getting sick, has a runny nose so I don't think that's helping but she was almost hysterical in her cot and when I picked her up. There was no way she was going to calm down which made me think she was really sick - and then I carried her out of her room and she was all smiles. So she is sick - but also very cheeky!!

I'm thinking of getting MIL one of those for her birthday too Cally.

The sprout stuff is really good for sizing isn't it? I have a sprout zip front jacket for him in a 0 and it fits just perfectly and I can put it over his jumpers when it is really cold.

I went on a big winter clothes shop for Rory (a month or so before winter) and assumed he would be in size 00. Winter is here and his head hardly fits through some of his jumpers and some of his pants look like 3/4 pants haha. I spent a fortune too! All well he got a fair bit of wear out of them! Ive started buying 0's and they fit quite well, although I do have to fold the arms and legs up on some.
    Who would of thought a 9 3oz baby would grow up so small. He is the smallest baby in mothersgroup! I really need to get him weighed! I have been so slack! After almost 2 weeks of trying to make an appointment the MCHN could only book him in for his 8 month appoiment on the 30th July when he is almost 10 months!!!!

Oops no wonder he is leaking! He is still in crawler nappies! Just last week I bought a pack of infant huggies nappies opened them and realised what I had done! Any ideas on what I should do with them? Does anyone want or know anyone who needs infant nappies??

Cally - katie sounds just like Rory atm! We tried and tried to get him to sleep last night but he was just too upset. In the end we gave up and brought him out into the lounge and he was full of smiles.
    Last edited by reneenay; June 19th, 2008 at 12:21 PM.

Renee, Paige was a bug bubba at 9lb8.5 and she was only ever very slim - still is. She's lucky to weigh 15kg dripping wet LOL. Some women grow great size babies in the womb, but once they are born they grow how they are meant to grow. I did buy a set back in March that was a 00 because the top was really big, but the pants weren't all that long at all, so he has worn the top heaps, but the pants were hardly worn at all.

With the nappies, do a post to see if any other Perth girls need them?

ETA - I forgot to say just to take him to a chemist to weigh him. I haven't been to the MCHN since he was 6mths old and I just pop into the chemist when I think to do it. I measure his length myself - I have a tape measure I lay him on and do it that way.

Trillian - we have a Sprout zip jacket too, it's pink and green and it's so handy! And she looks gorgeous in it.

Happy Birthday for yesterday Cally. Those frames are a great idea.

We're in 00 and 0 clothes here too. The 0's are a bit big, but she'll grow into them.
    Cally- Lu is exactly the same when she is sick, cries and fusses in her cot but when i pick her up she smiles and laughs at me! cheeky monkey.

Rennee- Bummer on the winter clothes. You'll have to plan your next baby so they fit them! Your MCHN is busy, bummer. Sounds like they need another staff member. I would have been mad at the random caller too, what a bummer the number is private. Next time he rings say you could ask for his number and when you see John you'll get him to call! lol. No don't do that really, you might encourage him.

Trillian- Have a great day shopping, all the sales are on, i got a couple of things in town today, not that i needed anything, just too good a bargain to resist! Not sure if you saw a post i edited, was a bit slow and you had already posted! I saw on a current affairs program about goats milk soap being good for eczema. A mum had a little boy with eczema and found it really helped, so now she milks goatss and makes the soap. My friend has psoriasis and she finds it helps her too. Might be worth a shot.

Noni- how'd you go today?

Lu has started to play peek-a-boo with me, she covers her eyes with her hands and then drops her hands in excitement waiting for me to say boo, so cute.
    DH finally finished sowing, so will be home in the evenings, yippeeeee. Maybe we can even think about TTC......... or maybe i'm just mad!

Hi all, sorry have been MIA, busy with the double birthday and bedroom "makeovers" LOL!

Cally, a belated but most sincere wish for a HAPPY BIRTHDAY and a very happy year to come as well! How many candles on the birthday cake this year?

MM, don't beat yourself up, just rest up and do what you can to make M comfy, that's all we can ever do.

Noni, congrats hun, I had a very lucky feeling for you, I was so sure this was going to be your week!

Sherie, I'm jealous of your shopping, I have time and proximity to shops but no liquid cash flow (I've got the double birthday to thank for that). It's the same every June *stamps foot* - by the time my finances recover it's July and all the good bargains have been snapped up already! LOL Gonna try to get some Sprout stuff for E for next year cos I noticed it was heavily marked down at Myer.

E has been in Os lately, they fit well but a big long in the leg (she has DH's short stumpy legs). She's been falling over a lot lately (from standing) because she's added to her repertoire of holding on with one hand - she now stands on one leg while only holding on with one hand - OMG she's fallen over that many times! Two legs & one hand OR one leg and two hands, Missy TooLongSmartiepants!

Ange, I remember you from very early on in our thread (I've been reading back over our early posts). Is your DH a farmer?

Renee, you could approach a women's shelter and give them the nappies, I'm sure they are always in need of stuff like that.

Clare I cracked right up when I read you got Kevvie and Miz Reine's boxes! LOL That's the funny thing about living in Canberra, I had an extended conversation one day about what type of Turkish Delight Janette used to have delivered on a regular basis ROFL.

Suzie, welcome to our little thread family. Full sympathy on the sleep deprival, we had a really rough patch back in April, I could hardly function. We're off to sleep school in about ten days, have you thought about doing something like that?

Aaah was going to say something else, has completely slipped thru my brain. V tired tonight!
    ((hugs)) to everyone and a special shout out to Pregpan - thanks so much for that recipe, will give it a shot over the weekend.

Hi everyone, BIL is visiting and he is camped out studying at the table most of the time so I haven't had much access to the computer.

MD, hope the double birthday went well. How did H like her new room?

Cally, Happy (belated) Birthday, we have one of those frames and it is really cool, especially when you put really old photos in amongst it - you are just sitting doing your thing and you look up and get a blast from the past.

Hayley, I reallllly hope Maddie is getting better

Renee, W is in 0's at the moment, the pants still have leg room but sit too low on his waist and the tops don't come down far enough so he has a gap where his clothes don't meet that makes him look poor LOL. I am planning to go shopping next week and will get him size 1's. He is in walker nappies now. DH got a pack of infant size about a month ago, they are just sitting in the back room because I don't know what to do with them.

Ange, W plays peek-a-boo with towels and curtains, it is so adorable

Suzi, welcome, glad to see you made it over here. Don't worry if you can't keep up with personals, we are very chatty, just pop in whenever.

Leanne, soooo glad Jordy is more regular. Will this train his bowel or will he always need the movical (sp)?

Noni, good luck with the moving

Someone asked about milk? I give W cows milk in a sipper cup sometimes. I think it is o.k as long as it isn't replacing a meal. He likes it. DH tried to give him formula in a sipper cup and he spat it out (I was secretly pleased LOL).

Will seems to have worked out steps without me doing anything. Yesterday at playcentre we were going up onto the fort and usually I hold both hands and swing him up onto each step but I had him lined up and he lifted his foot up onto the next step himself. I am amazed at how quickly they learn! He also walked by himself a bit there yesterday, he is getting more confident.

A bad night here, not sure why but he was back to hourly wake ups.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast