Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #32

Morning Girls,

Art- ATM he has to have the movicol till we go back to see Dr on 8th July. I hope
    you have a better night tonight
    MD- How does the room look. I bet it looks wonderful.
    Hayley- How is Maddie?
    Falguni- How cute Lu playing peek a boo.
    Renee- Bummer on the winter cloths. Maybe you could keep them for the next baby.
    Olivia is in O's and 1's.
    Noni- Are you in your house

All good here. Not doing much this weekend babysitting my cousins boys ( 4 & 6)on saturday night they are having a sleep over so I will have 4 boys and Olivia.

Hello to all and have a wonderful day

hey everyone sorry i havnt been on much things are very hectic here!
    we got the keys yesterday and spent the day cleaning and buying things lol.. they told us the house had been professionally cleaned but im not convinced.. yesterday was the first time dp had even seen inside the house lol and hed only seen the outside from a picture lol luckily he likes it.. not much not to like really.. well except it kinda stinks atm lol i think the last tenants had ferrets or something inside? yuk lol weve disinfected the whole floor and left an open bottle of dissinfectant in there what it really needs is a good air out but we havnt been there long enough to do it yet.. oh well.. that and we connected the electricity and alot of things arent working lol the joys of it all, the stove top the rangehood the smoke alarm (which is some bizare set up connected to electricity) and the door bell lol all not working think its a fuse problem so have to call them bout it today ughh..
    we are really happy though all just minor hiccups because we dont actually move in till sat and everything else works there is electricity and the oven works and we have a microwave so all will be good till they fix it all up.. just excited to have our own place its gonna be so different just the three of us lol we will be sooo broke but it will be good to finally just do our own thing!!
    more shopping today and moving boxes we can without a truck.. dp is back at work today (had most of the day off yesterday) so its just me and my mum..
    hope everyone is doing well sorry i g2g because my mums gonna be here soonish and we are no where near ready oops..

Marydean- Yep, that's me. I disappeared for a while, but i'm back! DH is a farmer, yes. He works for a beef cattle company Vic, and we live on one of the farms.

Wow Artechim on your little man walking, WTG. Hourly wake-ups are no fun, i feel for you, that was us last week. The best thing is, it doesn't usually last too many nights. Lu slept from 7.30 until 7am with no night feed for the first time EVER last night. She stirred at 3.30 and DH gave her a cuddle and she went back to sleep. I'll prob be back to hourly wakings next week though!

Leemar- 5 kids on Sat night? Wow, that will be busy. i struggle with just one still, sometimes i wonder how on earth i'll manage with more than one.

Noni- when we moved in here it stank too. The last tenant smoked inside and one of the fireplaces smoked. I can high recommend febreeze and nil odour to get rid of smells, oh and bicarb in a little container works wonders too. How exciting for you, your own pad!

Not alot on today, thought i might try and sew something.....

Noni- I am so excited for you DP & Asha. Bummer on it not being clean.
    Ange- Usually when my cousins kids come over its really crazy for about the first
    hour. (we think cause they are excited to see each other) then it usually calms down well sort off...lol... Good luck with the sewing...

Falguni - Congrats on L's sleep through! LOL I know what you mean! I wonder how I could cope with another one! And the crazy thing is Rory is the easiest baby!
    Did any of the other mums think that when they were trying for their 2nd?? Im hoping that when your ready for a 2nd everything just feels right and it all fits into place iykwim??

Noni - ooooo so exciting! Im so happy for you Buy a couple of those plug in ai-fresheners or maybe treat yourself to some dusk candles mmmmmm!! Have you got your house key on your asha keyring?

Leemar - Jesus woman! Your amazing Have a great weekend xxx Hiope Jordy is still doing well

Art - WOW @ W walking! I knew it wouldnt be far along, he is such a little mover and shaker haha. How long is your BIL staying for?? Got any family day outs planned??

MD - YAY @ surviving the double birthdays LOL! OOOO I would love to see how H's room turned out, I bet you did an amazing job! Have a great we!

Hayley - Thinking of you hun! How is Maddie today??

We are booking our holiday on Sat and my BIL and his girlfriend/my bf (yep the ones that set up) are coming with us!!! They are perfect together! So excited I could wet myself!

Better run, i have to gte Rory ready for playgroup. He has just woken up and he is talking away in his room, having a complete conversation to himself with hand movements n all and laughing like dr evil haha. I swear if he could talk he would sound like Stewie off the family guy, planning to take over the world hah!

hi everyone
    Renee - you're a hoot!!!!That does sound very exciting though. Way to go on your brilliant set-up. I hope they have a long and happy life together re trying for a second - I didn't feel quite ready when we started trying. Dh wanted our bubs to be close in age - but i was thinking 'omg! how am i going to cope'. Everything just fell into place when Z was born. I'm so glad that i listened to dh.

noni - i'm so happy for you guys. You won't know yourselves!!! I hope you can get rid of the smell really quickly.

re clothes size - my little Hannah is still in 00s and doesn't seem like she's going to fit into 0's anytime soon. She's so tiny, and so many people comment on it. I wasn't worried at first, but now i'm starting to get a little concerned. We might make an appointment at the Clinic.

What is a typical day like for bubbas' in terms of what they eat? This is often what Hannah has...
    7ish half a weetbix mixed with formula for brekky and then boobiejuice.
    11 ish vegemite sandwich and some fruit followed by boobiejuice
    3 ish meat and vegies - about 3 ice cubes and bj
    7 boobie juice.
    She often wakes once or twice through the night and has more bj. She also has some arrowroot biscuits as a snack between meals.

Jaz, our day is like this (give or take):
    7 boobie
    7:45 1/2 weetbix (or porridge) plus fruit
    10:30 boobie
    12 vegies & fruit
    1 boobie
    4 boobie
    5:45 dinner (casserole or something) plus fruit / yogurt / vegies
    6:45 boobie
    We don't really do snacks though, I figure we'll stick with milk for morning and afternoon tea, when she is a bit older we will do some more fruit or something if she loses interest in milk. No overnight feeding here anymore, she started sleeping through by herself and now if she wakes I resettle and it takes less than 5 minutes. Her lunch and dinner is 4 icecubes and then extra for yogurt or finger food fruit and veg.

Noni - wow, you must be so excited to have your own place now! Good luck with all the packing and the big move tomorrow.

Renee - lucky you having a holiday! Shall we call you cupid now?

Leanne - good luck with all the kiddies tomorrow night!

I finally bought some safety gates today - so now we can keep K in the family room / kitchen and she can't escape. The other day she was sitting quietly in our room reading gardening magazines from under my bedside table!

Jaz

This is our routine:
    8:00 - bottle
    10:00 - 2 x wheetbix
    12:00/1:00 - bottle
    2:00 - yogurt & maybe some fruit
    5:00/6:00 - 6 or 7 ice cubes of pumpkin, sweet potato, potato etc & heinz custard for sweets
    7:30 - bottle

Cally - Baby gates are the best!!!

Arte, H loves her room. We surprised her yesterday when she got home from school, she was sooo delighted. It was a bit different to what she asked for but she was pretty chuffed and approved of the theme I'd done so all good there. Go Will on the steps! although they say it's easier to go up but you really have to teach them how to go down (so they don't go face first LOL).

OMG ROUTINES??!!! LOL well ours sort of goes something like this (very bendy):
    8.00ish Booby
    9.15 (home from school drop off LOL) 1 1/2 weetbix with some fruit & ricemilk
    11.00 ish Booby (or a small jar when she's at FDC)
    1.30 lunch - 3 -4 cubes of meat, veggies, followed by 1/2 snack cup of fruit, yoghurt etc
    (sometimes she has fewer cubes and has finger food practice instead)
    3.30ish booby
    6.00 dinner - 4 cubes, followed by 1/2 snack cup of fruit, yoghurt etc
    7.00 or 7.30 Booby

Oh and the occasional rusk thrown in for entertainment from time to time as well!

Noni, good luck with the big move! We've had a few stinky carpets and always do them with the carpet cleaners that you hire from the shops and that has always sorted it out. I wish I was closer, I would send my DH round to help carry stuff on moving day!

Cally how are you finding life with the safety gates? They're great aren't they! H has one across the door to her room so she can have all her lego and barbie shoes and stuff out on the floor and E can't get in and choke on them! I just want one across my kitchen but no joy, the pantry opens right where the gate would go.

Leanne, enjoy the sleepover LOL! Four boys! Make sure you don't give them any red cordial LOL. We'll be doing a sleepover too, I'll think of you when I get up at midnight to shoosh them all down!

Looks like Sherie's not back from her big day of shopping yet! I layby'ed some nice fluffy towels today and thought of you going hog wild at the sales LOL. I'll be straight out of the door on payday to get my new mix master.

Ange, does that mean you eat a lot of beef? LOL. I nearly bought a sheep one time, the plan was we were each going to buy a sheep and then they'd live on our friend's block and we'd eat the lambies when it was time...they decided to emigrate to NZ instead and we're left with no roast lamb! LOL

LOL Marydean, I"m back! So glad H loved her room and may the force be with you for the party this weekend too

I have not long gotten home actually. Woke up this morning at 12.30am and it was raining quite steadily, woke again at 6.45 and it was still raining steadily - we had 30mm of rain!!!!!!!! So it is bloody wet here I can tell you LOL. Roads were either flooded or washed out here (gravel roads) so it was slow going when I left till I got to the bitumen - thank god for 4WD is all I can say. But on the way home there was one creek that wasn't running yet when we went through this morning but it was by the time we came back through - 30cm of water across the road according to the marker but we got through OK.

Had a huge spend up - spent all but $40 of the money I saved LMAO. I brought the girls some flannie sheets, me a new pillow, a Esprit towel for the kids each (half price at $14.95 each) which I am putting away for Christmas, but I will get their names embroidered on them; clothes for the kids; work socks for DH and Tim Winton's new book. CALLY - I got a heap of sprout stuff for Alister - some long and short sleeve T's and a Navy cord coat, really thick in a sz2 for next winter for $25 down from $50! I also got other stuff they needed at BigW too.

Lindsays eye check up was OK - not a lot of improvement in his vision since the last visit 6mths ago. He is 20:20 in his right eye, but his left eye isn't quite up to that level yet. So we have to do the patching still and he has to wear it for 2-4hrs each day and sometimes at school too. We only have till he's 9 to get his vision as good as it's going to get. We got him new glasses though anyway because his are so scratched now. Got those ones that will bend in half and not break LOL, bloody exxie, but the PHI pays for 80% luckily.

Alisters feeding is something like this;
    6.45 wake up and bottle
    9am brekkie (cereal and fruit)
    10.30-11.30 bottle
    12-1pm lunch (usually more cereal and fruit or just fruit on its own)
    2-3pm bottle
    5-6.30pm bottle
    8-8.30 bottle
    He has a full bowl of food for brekkie and lunch, haven't had any snacks for a while but I may start to introduce a later solid feed and see how it affects his sleep. He's having more than enough in what he has already - he still have 800-900ml of formula in a day plus his solids so he isn't missing out at all by not having dinner.

Hi Girls! sorry that i have been MIA but have been feeling sorry for myself as I am getting braces (oh yeah baby, sexy mumma!!) on tuesday and they have put these seperator thingys in the back teeth and it feels like all my teeth are about to explode!

Anyway...on to more exciting things:

Renee: well were are in the little uns boat. leila is still in 00s. she is being outstripped by some of the bubs 2 months younger than her at playgroup. ho hum. but we are pretty tiny, DH is mistaken for a jockey at times!! LOL!

MD: LOL! janette likes turkish delights huh? who would of thunk it?!! yeah having kevvies boxes was a crack up! we have kept one, as it has his writing on it (something about office desk contents).
    oh and good luck for the big party on the week end...glad DD loves the room! congrats on the success i imagine it cant be easy pleasing a girl in her tweens!! LOL (at least in my case, i think i was terrible!).

Jaz: our day is a bit like this...

6-7am: boobie
    7-730: brekky...4 tablespoons of rafferty's with 3 ice cubes of fruit, and vegemite on toast
    10.30: yoghurt and a biccie, and boobie
    12.30-1.00: lunch...meat and vegies (2 cubes of meat or half tin of tuna with 4 ice-cubes). and sometimes she'll go that again. boobie
    2.30: Afternoon tea...arrowroot biccy. yoghurt with fruit, or grated fruit medley (kiwi, pear and apple and some mandarin)
    5.30: Dinner: veges with rice cereal and some meat or tofu (tofu and pumpkin patties are current fav!! LOL!), followed by rafferty's cereal with fruit. then some toast.
    6.30-7.00: boobie.

Sherie: woo hoo on the rain! no doubt it is needed! luckily you got home alright! always a bit hair raising making those crossings...
    ohhh i wish i could go shopping! unfortunately we just kissed $7k away on frikkin' braces so am NOT impressed!
    If it's any consolation for poor Lindsay tell him that i had to wear a patch for 12 months all day everyday! i got so sick of explaining it to my friends at school! LOL! WTG on getting the pricey glasses...you have no idea how much more confident you can be with nicer looking glasses! i remember when i got to choose my first pair, i felt soo special (they were BRIGHT purple with hypercolour splotches all over them....eewwwww! what was i thinking????).

Cally: wtg on the baby gates! we love them! we bought them before Leila arrived as we had to keep stella in the kitchen at night as a pup (toilet training joys). and now it is being well used for leila! we also have one of those wooden barrier ones without a gate as one doorway is ridiculously narrow...

Renee: IKWYM about coping with more than one! i look at mums with their 2 or more kiddies and i just feel like going up to them and going: 'how do you do it???', can you teach me some tips....PLEEEAASSSEEE!! but then i would look like a psycho...

Falguni: so jealous that you can sew! i wish i wish i wish!

Arte: WTG with Will! what a mover and a shaker! ohhh they are growing up soo fast! i walk past the Royal womens here in melbourne on my way to uni, so i get to see all these lovely pregnant bellies and newborns, and its just so cool! i wanna go up to the pg women and tell them how lucky they are! i LOVED being pregnant! i reckon it was one of the few times that i felt really womanly IYKWIM?

Noni: glad to hear that the moving is going well. and yeah, having your own space is priceless!

anyway best go as this raged outta control (as per usual!)...

Hello mummies, I am so happy to say that Madeline seems to be on the mend. Today she woke with a smile and had a very happy day full of laughing and games. Thank god because I was beginning to get very worried. Its just the lingering cough through the night now and the fact sheet from the hospital said it could last a few weeks. I also feel a tad better, but still not 100%. I could at least muster the energy today to actually play with Madeline. Cold & flu tablets are great thats all I can say!

Due to my muddled up mind the past few days, I just realised last night while lying in bed that I'd given Maddie PEANUT butter on toast for the past couple of days. Whoops! lol. She was fine though.

Noni - So tomorrow is moving day, good luck! I'm sure you will be fine financially, you'll get into the swing of things. Its all about budgeting and sticking to it. It'll be great for you guys to have some independence and your own place! Woo hoo!

Renee - LMAO at Rory and his conversations to himself, thats so darn cute. Wow lucky you going to Bali. Where are you staying? We are also considering Bali for early next year, as a friend of ours has built a villa over there and has asked us to come over. So free accomodation! Would be mad to turn that down right!? Thats great that your little matchmaking set up worked out!

Trillian - Sprout clothing is so nice and good quality. Lucky Alister. Well the rain is good news for the farm! You have reminded me I must get some flannie cot sheets tomorrow.

MD - Well done on the bedroom decoration. Wish I was artistic!

Leemar - Good luck with the sleepover you brave woman hehe.

Arte - OMG Will is so advanced for his age! I'm sure I read somewhere that kids dont take stairs until closer to 18 mths - 2 yrs! I use milk in Maddie's cooking, I havent given it to her as a drink but I'm sure it's not going to do any harm. How did you get Will started on the sippy cup as we are having no luck.

Cally - Those electronic frames are such a great idea. How is K, is she still a bit sick?

Falguni - Aww the peek a boo game sounds cute. Doesnt take them long to learn does it.

Re sizing and nappies, we are in 0's and toddler nappies now. I just switched her to toddlers last week as I noticed the crawlers were getting a bit tight. I dont know if I've got a dody pack though because it seems like half an hr after a nappy change the wee is making her pants damp - its not even like a leak in one spot, its like the lining is faulty iykwim!?

Our routine:

8am Bottle
    10am (9ish on daycare days) 1 weetbix with formula milk
    12pm Bottle
    1/2pm Toast/Sandwich/Finger food of some sort
    Shortly after another bottle
    4/5pm Dinner (vege/chicken/beef) I try to do it no later than 5 to give dinner time to settle in her tummy.
    6.30 Bottle and I have gotten into the bad habit of feeding to sleep!!! Naughty me.

However due to the past week it has only been today that she has been back on this routine with food. It has been hard to get food into her this past week but thats usual when they are sick.

girls just a quick post to let you know i'm still alive
    i couldn't get on to bb for days. it did my head in so i gave up.
    then when i did finally get on i read the *disturbing* thread- i think you all know the one i'm talking about- and i really wish i hadn't.
    it really really affected me. i'm having a lot of trouble dealing with it actually and have been having trouble sleeping from thinking about it.
    i'm sorry for the really selfish post, i have been reading all your news but i just haven't felt like posting at all.....

noni- i'm stoked you guys are in the new place. congrats

hayley- glad mads is doing so much better.

ange- we should meet up sometime soon. we could both wear our lulus in our ergos

hope everyone else is doing well xoxo

lewis is wearing size 1 (size 2 in bonds)

Oh Gracie hun, don't apologise. I wish I could avoid all those threads too, but I have to read them as a mod. I hope it stops affecting you so much soon. xoxo.

Hayley, that's great news that Maddie is on the mend. Just try to keep her rugged up etc so she doesn't have a relapse. I find when the kids have had a good cold that once the night air comes in around 4pm in winter it can make them a bit congested again.

Clare, LOL at the thought of you stalking pg women and bombarding them with questions. It really isn't that hard to have more than one child - the jump from 0 to 1 is the hardest - at least when you have two you have some idea of what you're doing this time LMAO. OUCH at the cost of the braces - we are really hoping that our kids have my great teeth instead of DH's crappy ones - he had braces as a teen and hated every moment of them. Although Paige's are a little crooked from her thumb sucking (naughty for letting her do it I know) but I think they will be right once her adult teeth come through.

Sherie: I know! so sad to spend that cash on drs! but i am grateful that we had set it aside for these kind of things...unfortunately when i was 37 weeks pregnant i got this 'ulcer' on the back of my gum, a few days later i realised it was a tooth and was like: 'what the?!' went to dentist after i had leila and was told that i had a baby tooth and the adult one decided to come through! oh happy days! the only option is braces, so i am fuming...

Gracie: IKWYM. i think as mothers, sisters, daughters, people in general it's pretty tough stuff. demand cuddles from DH and DS!! cuddles work wonders!

MM: so glad that maddie is getting better! oh that smile and need to play is so wonderful when they have been sick!

sherie and clare- thanks for your understanding
    i just wanted to say to everyone else, if you haven't already read the thread that i'm talking about- please don't read it out of curiosity because of me mentioning it. i'm not joking around- i really wish i hadn't read it, as i said- it's been affecting my sleep.

ange- i was just thinking, have you ever been to st andrews market on a saturday morning? i think it's over near your way
    Last edited by Ginger; June 20th, 2008 at 11:09 PM.

Oh Gracie hun I'm so sorry you havent been able to sleep. I just spent an hour reading through it before I came in here and I have well and truely bawled my eyes out. If you feel like you want to talk about it feel free to PM. Incredibly heartbreaking story that makes you appreciate your own child/ren so much more. Huge hugs to you.

Trillian - I find that she has a real big coughing fit around 4/5am when it gets extra chilly. Thats when we bring her into our bed for snuggles and sometimes a warm bottle whoopsie lol. Ah well I'll do anything to keep her happy.

Clare - I love seeing pregnant women too. Before I was even pregnant I never really looked or thought twice when I saw a pregnant woman, but now I just want to talk to them iykwim. I love hearing how excited they are and remembering what it was like for DP and I eagerly awaiting labour. I could talk pregnancy and babies alllll day long. Thats why I love mothers group lol.

MM: LOL! that's why i love mums group too!! although a few had pretty horrendous births so we cant talk too much about birth stuff...i save that for my friend down the road who had both her bubs at home. wish i could be that brave. but then again i do like the excitement of going somewhere when the time comes! also my house is so dark and cold...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast