Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #35

morning everyone
    rainy - how was your night?
    arte- your little man is so advanced. Both my older girls were walking by this age as well, but i think Han is just so tiny. She can stand and balance on her own for a few seconds, but not quite ready to take any steps yet.

i went back to target again this morning - it was so quiet. I picked up a few outfits for Han - it's starting to really feel like winter here now. About time too! There were so many gorgeous summer outfits already. I wanted to buy them all!!!! The problem is if you don't start buying them now, there's nothing nice left when they need to wear them

Off to change a stinky bottom.
    What are all the bubs having for lunch today? i'm not sure what to cook up for han - maybe an omelette.

thanks so much for your advice everyone, sorry for my little freak out last night
    i'm feeling much better today.

arte- i think i'm going to try your suggestion tonight of going back in there and not letting him out of bed. he just gets so violent sometimes and starts headbutting me and laughing!
    i'm trying to get dp to put a tv in there so i can just lie there and watch tv while he drifts off.

does anyone else ever get a bit resentful towards their friends wanting to do stuff all the time? i think it's just because i'm pg and exhausted, but i just am starting to get a bit sick of friends demanding my time. my friend really wants to go out to lunch on saturday but i just can't be bothered. i feel tired even thinking about it. people just don't understand that dp works really long hours- sometimes 6 days a week, so on the days that he's not at work it's my only chnace to get a small break. sometimes i don't even wash my hair all week! ahhh i know i'm being such a whinger atm, you're right sherie- i am very drained.
    i've got my ob appointment today. i am a little worried she's going to start telling me i have to stop breastfeeding lewis. i'm not 100% sure we've made the right decision in taking the ob/private hos route again. i'll have to see what she says today i guess.
    i have found out about another doula- recomended by lulu2 from here. she is much cheaper than the other doula i called who never returned my call, so that's good.

jaz- i'm typing without the space bar still cos if you lift your spacebar off there is actually a small dot in the middle which works if you touch it right on the dot. very annoying when usually you can touch such a wide area and get the same result. it is definitely winter here, i;ve got a hot water bottle on my lap it's so freezing!

sorry for selfish post again guys, i'm being so bad lately!!

just a quickie - before i get Hannah to sleep
    Rainy - is L's cot in your room. What if you put him in the cot and sit next to him? Would he let you do that? Maybe a way to stop him from hurting you. I've been laying on the couch with Hannah to get her to sleep and when she plays up i put her on the floor. She cries and i pick her up. She eventually wears herself out and falls asleep.

I hope your appointment goes well today.
    Last edited by Patooties; July 25th, 2008 at 12:54 PM.

Hi girls!

wowsers it has been busy in here!! LOL! a girl can barely keep up!

G: good luck for the scan today!! how exciting!! and dont be worried about the choice you've made for the hospy (unless you dont like the place or ppl!). in the end, you are the one in charge and many women have walked the path of tandem bf with a newborn and toddler. i think i read just the other day in here of a woman doing the exact same thing, so maybe have a scan in the bf section?? ITH.
    as for the sleep, i would recommend not doing anything different while L is sick, otherwise when he gets better there is the risk that he associates that change with feeling yuk. start when he (and you) are feeling better. that way there is better chance of success. if you are interested in self-settling (which we have done with success), check out karitane website as they have age appropriate options, and you can take it or leave it as regards the rigidity of the suggestions. my other recommendation is like what JaZMum suggested and getting a baby whisperer. i know that Pinky McKay herself does this, and is on your side of melb. she has her own website...check it out as it has really gentle options if that may suit L better.

MD: yep, we took her to the Drs and she is on the hard stuff for the conjuntivitis. will take 6 days of drops and cleaning. but doc reckons she'll be right as rain for next week. already it is looking a million bucks.

ooopsy, i have to go, didnt realise the time and it is limited as DH is home with L today and is freaking out as she is a bit crazy...WE HAVE 2 TEETH!!!!!! it's a miracle!!! only took 10.5 months LOL!!

BBL guys!

smiles to all.

Hi Girls,

Rainy-I just want to come and give you a big Hope your appointment with OB goes well today... I always loved having scans.
    Clare- WTG L Congrat on your teeth
    Jazmum- I am going to go to target on sat arvo or sunday.

Dinner last night was great and It was really nice to catch up with my GF. Not much happening tonight tomorrow the boys have their first birthday party to go to at McDonalds. So that should be good. Then going for drinks at friends house sat night. Oh and we are off to dreamworld on Monday. Present for the boys from MIL for there birthday. They will love it .

Better go

Leanne - sounds like you're going to have a fun weekend. Dreamworld sounds fantastic - at least you won't have to put up with the school holiday crowd.

rainy - scrap any advice i've given you re sleeping. Hannah has hardly had any today.

i've entered H in the Little Tikes comp - she's on page 5 of the 'most recents'.

dh is away tonight - hope there's a good movie on the tv. if not, the girls Nanny just bought the Enchanted dvd, so i might watch that.

scan went really well ladies

there's only one in there
    no offence leanne,but the way i'm feeling right now,i was very relieved

due date is March 1st. she said i could breastfeed as long as i like,but in her experience she said i would find it easier if i weaned lewis before #2 is born. i'm going to look into it.
    i felt really goodafter i left the obs, very happy in our choice. she made me feel really good and excited.

thanks so much for all your support and suggestions over the last couple of days. sorry i have been such a nightmare. lewis is still quite sick soi'm just going tohang in there until i'm confident that he'sbetter. then i will look into some different techniques- eg. kariatane,no cry sleep solutions,pinky etc.
    once again, thank you all somuch for being here for me
    sorry i still have no space bar!! i feel so sorry for you all having to read my dribble
    Last edited by Ginger; July 25th, 2008 at 05:07 PM.

JaZaH - Love Actually's on the teev tonight. Get your tissues and your chocolate out!

Rainy - no apologising for dribbling - EVER! We're all here for you hun. Re the BFing while you are pg, the ABA will have some advice either way, whether you want to keep feeding or whether you want to wean. Hope L is feeling better soon so you can get some rest!! Re your space bar, sounds like a good excuse to get a new wireless keyboard!

Well it's Chinese Soup night here, altho these days it'll be two dinners as E will have her tea & bath before we go out. We have this pink lamb/bunny/sheepy suit (not sure was species it's supposed to be) that goes over her pjs so she's nice and snug. Helps assuage the mummy guilt for keeping her out when she should be in BED!

BTW I'm dying to hear all about Pregpan's memorable birthday! I'm going to start a rumour and say maybe she has some news to share...?!

ooohhhh what's pregpan's news?? he he i'm dying to know!!

well,lewis is tucked up in bed asleep right now. the monitor is on.
    we'll see what happens. he's still coughing and sneezing a lot though,poor little fella

m,mmm chinese soup...dp has just gone up the road to get a vegetarian pizza

Hi girls!

Rainy - Oh you poor thing, dont apologise for letting it all out, it makes you feel heaps better. Besides it gives us a chance to try and help. I feel your pain, I have been feeding to sleep and she rarely settles any other way at bed time now. Grr silly me. Hang in there, I'm sure it will all fall into place for you. I wonder if you will have another baby boy, gosh so exciting! As much as twins sounds exciting, I think I'm more suited to one at at time myself too hehe. Leanne is a super mum!! I am with you 100% about mums bringing their sick bubs out to mums group, why would you do? Especially seeing as the baby would surely be miserable being sick, the last thing they want is a play day!? Its best for everyone if they stay home. Grrrrr thats so bad.

MD - Ooh I am dying to hear Pregpans news too! We are doing two dinners here as well, as we are also going out for tea tonight.

Jazmum - Oh no hope H isnt too bad tonight when it comes to bed, seeing as she hasnt had much sleep? Does it make her grumpy come bed time or does she settle well due to being so tired?

Leemar - Lucky duck, dreamworld is great fun, enjoy it!

Clare - Congrats on the teeth!

Cally - Did you get the trike? Sounds like a cool chrissy present.

Noni - Your mum probably really looks forward to her day with Asha.

Arte - I too thought bubs would surely sleep through by 10 months HAHA yeah right.

Trillian - Its so scary to think about the amount of chemicals they put in clothing. Yuck. I will never make that mistake again.

Well I am feeling a bit sad & worried today...can feel a small rant coming on lol sorry girls. I went out for lunch with a friend & her bub and her MIL & they would not stop commenting on how big M is and is she over weight and what does she eat etc etc. Early on I was worried about her weight but havent worried about it for months now. Well now I am paranoid about it again!! She eats really healthy foods and the normal recommended amounts for her age. I worry though as my MIL is terribly overweight as is my grandmother. I hope it isnt in her genes iykwim, and I am not being superficial but I just dont want her to be unhealthy.

hayley- is maddie crawling yet? i'm sure once she starts moving around more she'll burn off lots. anyway, from the pics i've seen i think she looks absolutely perfect. babies are supposed to look chubby, she's gorgeous!
    one day when she's a supermodel you'll look back and tease her about what a chubby baby she used to be

eta- lewis is awake and sitting on dp's lap with snot pouring out of his nose like a walrus.

waiting eagerly for pregpans news!! hahahaha

same here!

ohhh rain - poor little Lewis have you got your trusty snot sucker at the ready ?? I'm glad everything went well with your ob appointment today. Don't apologise for needing to share what's happening in your life. That's what we're here for - the highs and the lows. It's great that we have a place that we can come to for advice or just to vent.

when you are referring to something that is said here on bb, say to a real life friend, do you say ' a friend of mine said......' etc ? I find myself mentioning things in conversation and will say that. Sometimes people look at me a bit weird when i tell them i have on-line buddies. Anyone else have that?

H - Hannah went down ok - she fell asleep on the boob i got to have a nice cuddle on the couch though - because she was so sound. re weight - you'll find someone somewhere is always ready to offer comments on the height/ weight of your child. Hannah gets all the time - 'oh isn't she small'. "I wouldn't have thought she was that old!!!". On occasions i have let it worry me, but i just tell myself that she is a happy, healthy baby. Maddie is just gorgeous and is thriving. Rainy is right - her body is just storing it in preparation for when she is zooming around your house!!

md - i hope you enjoyed your soup. I think i've seen Love Actually a couple of times, might keep it on while i read a book.

I was watching a Disney movie tonight with the girls - a special treat for a Friday night. It was about a Naval ship and the families of the sailors were on board. Long story short - the ships alarms went off - the world trade centre had been hit by planes. I was watching it thinking that i should maybe turn it off. To be honest - i didn't know what to do. We ended up watching it, and i kind of lied and said it didn't happen , it was just a movie (had my fingers crossed behind my back lol)
    Zoe started crying that she missed daddy. She was inconsolable until she fell asleep. Now i'm worried that they'll both have bad dreams. Oh the joys of being responsible for what goes on in our children's minds.

haven't had dinner so might go and have some raisin toast smothered in butter.

eta - Clare I saw Leila's picture on the little tikes site!!

thanks so much for everything jaz
    yes i talk about my bb 'friends' all the time.i was doing it just before actually as dp and i were talking about how he's going to get the snip and i said that he would probably feel really sore for a few days. he asked me how i knew that and i said 'oh,my friend's dh had one'....so funny!
    i hope zoe is ok, the world is so cruel isn't it?
    it's just so much for them to deal with...

MM totally don't worry about it, I'm sure if you looked at her on the percentile growth charts she would be exactly where she is supposed to be. Anyway, as odd as it sounds, she is more likely to grow up and be an overweight adult if she is undernourished or malnourished as a small child. That's the truth.

JaZah, I've had Disney movies sneak up on us like that too. I can't get over how much the ratings have changed over the last few years, there are G movies that would've been PG back when we were little (haha back when more ppl had black and white tv than colour) and PG movies that I'm sure should be M-rated!! It's like they expect kids just know so much more these days so they just put it right into the movies! BTW, DD1 had just started kindy when the world trade center got bombed and it was everywhere -shops, banks, ppls houses, tv radio, the whole bit. It was very hard to hide it, but the kindy advised us not to deny it if the kids asked but to stress instead that it happened a long way from where we are and it's over now and we're all safe. I think for the purposes of a friday night in front of the teev "it's just a movie" is quite an appropriate response. You were watching for entertainment not reality!!

rain - you're welcome
    md - you're right - it did sneak up on me! We were enjoying watching and then they had to throw that in. Jess asked me what was happening and when i was explaining it to her, it sounded like something out of a horror movie. Dh might be going to India at the end of the month, so i just hope it's erased from their minds by then. Although Zoe tends to dwell on things. On Anzac Day, they were talking about Wars and guns etc at Kindy - she had bad dreams that night and was worried the planes were going to shoot us.
    anyway, it's getting late , better go to bed.
    btw - how was your soup?

Jaz- Yeah i just say 'one of my friends', i don't specify where i met them! I've never had on-line friends before. I think there is a bit of a social stigma with meeting people over the internet IYMWIM. People look at me funny too if i explain! I am sure that is slowly changing though. Friends of ours met and fell in love on the internet a few years back, now they both live in NZ (she was from the US), and are married wit 3 kids. I must admit i was a little sceptical when i forst hear about our mates new love. So i guess i am guilty too!

Nonie- Yeah, my mum is a sonographer. It's a big bonus as my scans are all free.

Rain- If you can't let it all in here, where can ya? don't apologise, thats why we're all here. Good news about OB and BF'ing. After all the dramas i had with Lu, i was very happy to have my OB there. i am looking forward to doing it all again, and know i have might the rght decision to go private again. That doesn't mean that i'm not going to try my hardest for a natural, interventon free birth again though. I think the most important thing is that you need to feel compfortable with your decision. If you're not sure, why don't you go and have a tour at the Angliss (is that the bithing centre??) and have a bit of a look around.... TV in your room sound like a good ida if it means you can rest.

Nausea is in full swing. Lost a few kg's. I guess it's a BF/MS combo. (Don't worry i have a few spare still! )

Sorry brain bit mushy, bad night sleep wise. Might go take a rest.
    hi everyone.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast