Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #35

Hi Girls!

R: glad the scan went well! it's breathtaking that first looksie! and yeah, with Leila, DH's first question was: how many????! (we have a couple of sets of twins on both sides...).
    I didnt realise birth centres were so strict. i knew they were tricky to get into, but didnt realise they had time limits! hmm all the more trickier!

MM: i wouldnt worry about the weight either, as the others have said, they all grow at different rates. Leila is constantly being commented on because she is small, and i am always defending myself saying that she is a healthy eater etc etc. (she eats like a horse LOL!).

L: aww you are lucky! i went to buy the trike but they were all gone! went in on the friday, and it was completely decimated. not happy. bought a FP lawnmower thing, but so not as cool.

MD: the cot side thing has happened to us a couple a times now too. it is terrifying! and dont feel bad about it. it's just one of those slips, and she's alright! (in fact she's perfect, but you dont need me telling you that!)

Ange: bummer about the whole day m/s. i too had that with L, and it was the pits!
    sorry to hear about more moving. i hear you on the crapness of it all. we have just moved to melbourne and it looks as though we may have to move to wollongong. i'm not impressed and am hoping it will all just go away and i live happily ever after here!! that something else turns up before january! so where are you moving to?

AFM: well i had an interesting day today. saw the belly belly pregnancy centre (YAY!). it is really awesome. they hold really awesome birth classes (very vocal!). sounds like fun and really community IYKWIM? DH and i went there for the pre and post natal emotional support group and it was really good. what a service! nice to know that we're not alone at the very least. they hold the group once a month, so i am glad that i get to go back there and check the stuff out. i highly recommend the services to anyone living in melbourne. i know that if i was UTD again, i would be going there, it seems so much more informative and 'real' than the poxy 5 classes that our hospital provided.

anyway best be off, DH is away again tomorrow and tuesday for work... so will get in some last minute cuddles!

hope the bubs sleep soundly tonight...

HELLO EVERYONE!!!

HAYLEY - Were you in the city Sunday afternoon??? I walked into someone who looked just like your DP (I really did walk into him haha) THEN I saw a baby just behind that looked like Maddie!!!

Renee! Hello! How have you all been?

Good Thanx sherie! So busy though! Between woeking 2 full days a week, playgroup twice a week, swimming lessons and organising Rory's birthday I havent had time to scratch my bum haha. I often wonder how OR COULD I manage with 2!! I take my hat off to you Sherie, your amazing! Super mum

Will pop back on later, I need get to Target to get buggalugs birthday prezzie!

Hey everyone!!

Pregpan - I made your salmon balls yesterday and they are scrummy (I ate too many). DD took one look at them and threw them over the edge of the chair so we will try again today. She didn't even bother tasting it! She didn't seem that interested in food yesterday but managed 6 bfeeds!

K has done a little chuck each morning for the last week. Sometimes after her cereal, sometimes before. We haven't introduced any new things do you think it's related to swallowing a bit of mucus from her cold? Doesn't seem to worry her, I just find a bit on the floor.

Yay BB is working again!! (felt like I'd had a limb chopped off yesterday).

Renee, I can't wait to find out if you accidently bumped in to MM's DH and Maddie?! Wouldn't that be freaky! What did you get at Target? I've been dragging my feet re going there, but we popped in yesterday and got a little phone toy for E - it has little buttons like the remote control which she loves and it will be a big hit! Also got this bunny in a box toy, sounds lame but the parents as teachers lady showed me to play games where you put something in the box and encourage E to get it out (helps develop their object permanence) and the box has a magnetic latch and big enough to put other things in.

Clare, I think I'd be loathe to leave Melb too, I reckon it'd be a fantastic place to live. Oh well, just concentrate on the sunny days, the lush greenery and views of Mt Keira you'll have if you move to Woll. Thanks for your reassurance re the cot thingy. After my initial freak out, I'm actually feeling a lot calmer because it showed me that just because there's an opportunity for disaster it doesn't automatically follow that the disaster will occur, kwim? All the same I'm a bit obsessed now and keep peeking in to make sure the cot side is up! The BB centre sounds awesome BTW, did you get a lot from the group?

Pregpan, aaaaah tell us about your birthday!!! BTW I got an Annabel Karmel book at the library and it's got a few good recipes in but not lots, kwim? I saw another book at Paperchain that was just recipes all the way through. Which one do you have?

Leanne, well done on your Target purchases! I think I'll have to have a leisurely wander around in there tmrw when E is at FDC. As it was I couldn't concentrate cos DH wanted me to buy him some stuff and I was too busy worrying if I got the right thing or not.

Rainy I went looking for Batchelor but it's not playing here, we are however getting reruns of Mistresses which is good because I missed some the last time! Hows the MS coming along? Are you getting a bit more rest now?

Ange, I meant to say, on the upside, when you move frequently you don't tow heaps of [email protected] around with you! LOL Great for getting those cupboards cleaned out isn't it? We had a year where we did 3x interstate moves within 11 mths )and gave birth and changed careers big year haha). I was sooooo sick of boxes by the end of it!

Sherie, I meant to tell you I've started splitting the banana into 3 (instead of cutting) and OMG it's fantastic! All these years and I never knew...! LOL

Arte, I kwym about the people who spew their life out, I'll never forget the time a tupperware lady came to drop something off and (without me inviting the information at all) I got a half-hour potted history of the entire developmental issues her son had from birth to age 10...WTF?! LOL I was very disappointed to hear the carrot festival was a fizzer. They could've had a pin the carrot on the snowman competition at least!!

Well the sleeping is going reeeeeally well here, E has started sleeping thru! I can't believe it!! I'm a bit worried tho about her not feeding overnight so I might start waking her for a dream feed again. The night feeds are always the best (no distractions) and i want to keep my supply up.

ETA Cally Elisabeth was doing the same thing when she had a cold too. It was a bit of a surprise after a long time with no chucks LOL!

Hello Girls,

Renee- How did you go at Target?
    MD-CONGRATULATIONS on Miss E sleeping through. Dont worry about waking her if she is sleeping through.

Present for Boys- The best toy we found for the boys was a Hot Wheels Hummer its big black and talk about value for money also we got a Hot Wheels Grave Digger its also big and great. We bought them for the boys for there first christmas and they still have not broken them.

Dreamworld was excellent. Highly recommend it for kids. Expensive but what theme park isnt. Food was good and the boys even went on the log ride. Olivia and the boys went on the big red car ride and she had a ball. Not much really for her to do but she still enjoyed watching the boys.

Better go
    Hello to all

ninaLVoesbags Guest

hi everyone, I have a 10 month old born on the 14th of September 2007,, Hope to chat with you girls. Cheers

Welcome Nina! Hope you feel welcome in our very chatty thread

Leemar, sounds like Dreamworld was cool. I hope to take W there when he is a bit older.

MD, very envious of E sleeping through. We have had a few terror nights, he is restless, wriggling and grizzling just about constantly. He is getting teeth but I can't even see them coming up yet so I guess they are still ages away. Scary about the cot side but babies come with built in cation for drops (not foolproof though) W has crawled off the edge of the bed twice in his life (both times he was half asleep), usually he crawls to the edge and looks but goes no further. I watched a doco on it once, they kept changing the incline of a ramp and at a certain angle all the babies refused to try it. It was really interesting.

Renee, good to see you, I was wondering where you had got to. I haven't even thought about W's birthday yet.

Cally, W has a bit of puke dribble whenever he is teething. The cold is a good possibility too.

Rainy, how are you? Is L sleeping better?

Can anyone else still go to the toilet in private? W has to come in or he cries outside the door. Yesterday I bribed him by letting him play in the laundry and he still came waltzing in (carrying a bucket lol)

I hate renting! I arrived home from playcenter today to find my back door wide open and an electrician inside. Grrr. The builders till have a key and let him in. Lucky I took my dog with me, but if they had called I could have stayed home to let him in (and then my G-string undies wouldn't have been hanging over the edge of the washing basket for all to see lol).

Another moan - some fracking d!ck down the road has a little but very noisy motorbike they have been riding up and down the street. I tried to put W to bed earlier but with that going past every couple of minutes it was impossible so I waited another hour and finally got him to bed and it started again. I went and asked the little ***** to stop for a while, he said yes and then kept bluddy doing it!. Next time he starts it up I think I might call the police and dob him in. Surely it can't be legal for a kid too young to have a licence to be riding a motorbike on the footpath with no helmet?
    Last edited by Artechim; July 29th, 2008 at 01:52 PM.

hey everyone flying visit from me coz i'm not feeling overly well..
    does anyone know if u can still get pregnant if dp dosnt... ahem well finish iykwim lol that and it was only like a day after af finished.. i thought it couldnt happen but now i am feeling sick and am really tired and emotional and i am just wondering well worrying really.. can someone offer some reassurance?

You sure can Noni! There can be small amounts of sperm in the pre-ejaculation fluid. It would be unlikely one day after AF finished but certainly not unheard of. Sorry not much reassurance from me!

MD- 3 intersate moves in 11 months. Wow, you must have been sick of moving. Apparently we are not moving now. The boss here just can't make up his mind. He wants to maintain the lease on this property which means we need to stay in the house. I don't mind, just means DH has big days and a fair bit of time on the road.

Hi Nina.

Leanne- i'd love to go to dream world, can't wait till my kids are big enough!

hmmmmm i smell poo................

Ange, we have friends that are property managers and they have had to move several times too and its a hassle for them.

Noni, you should be fine, but yeah, they can still be deadly LOL.

Arte, I would be sitting out the front with my hose at the ready and squirt the little terror when he goes past. he might realise you mean business then.

Leanne, I can vouch for the quality of hot wheels stuff too - Lindsay has a bit of it and it is made really well.

Renee, my goodness you are busy! How is Rory enjoying the swimming lessons?

Marydean, WOOO Bloody HOOO at you getting a full night sleep. Maybe you could try the dreamfeed only a few hours into her sleep so you still get a decent stretch yourself later?

Cally, maybe it is just a heap of pleghm in her belly making her sick? Is she OK otherwise apart from the cold?

I have had a shocker two days - I have broken out in hives from the abs i was taking. I got them on the second last day of taking them and I thought it was just a breakout of psoriasis (which is playing up badly atm) but it wasn't responding to the lotion I use for it, so started to twig that it may be hives because by golly it's itchy, and I did a bit of googling last night and found out that you can get them as an allergic reaction to some abs - so I googled the ones I had been taking and BINGO! one of the more rare reactions is hives. I have never had a reaction to abs before in my life either. So I went and got some phenergan tablets today. I have them all over my arms, legs and back and you wouldn't believe how itchy they are. I can't take them till later though cause they will knock me out LOL.

Other than that all is well LOL. Alister does follow me to the toilet if he realises I'm there, so I have to make sure the door is shut properly or otherwise he is in there. His latest trick is to pinch the remote and get the batteries out to play with. THere is no cover over the batteries so they come out really easy.

Arte, I would be sitting out the front with my hose at the ready and squirt the little terror when he goes past. he might realise you mean business then

Hi Girls!

Welcome Nina!! we love it when people join in!! extra chatting!
    your son was born on Leila's EDD!

MD: Woot woo! for the sleeping thru!! i hope you did a victory dance
    i wouldn't worry too much about supply (unless you have had some probs). i remember when L started sleeping through my boobies would complain for the first week and then they settled down, and supply has been great...ITH?
    the BB centre was great! and the support group interesting. there were only two of us there this time, normally there are 5 couples, but between gastro and colds, they were taken out! DH came along too and found it really good. was able to talk openly about stuff and the lady running it was fantastic.

Arte: yeah we used to have neighbours like that in canberra. they had these mini motorbike thingys. then they became illegal and within days a number of calls were made to the police and we had quiet nights once again!
    and nup, no private toilet times here either! although she is easily distracted by the bath toys...
    yep, the renting thing can be the pits! it is illegal for them (incl. tradespersons) to arrive unannounced...and let themselves in! i would have been furious!

Sherie: man you have been in the wars girl! i hope that it sorts itself out soon! hives sound pretty scary (and uncomfortable!). BIG to you! must be pretty tough ATM.

Leanne: glad the dreamworld trip was fun! it must have been really cool for the boys! and at least Olivia liked to keep watch. not sure if Leila would be so laid back! LOL! maybe she has first-child syndrome!

Renee: welcome back!! it has been awhile!!

AFM: well yesterday Leila had her first ever swimming lesson! and i was reminded of Rainy (i think?) complaining about the lack of changing space! we had to change the bubs on the benches and it was a bit cold. but the lessons were a blast. i dont think i have seen leila laugh and clap that much ever!! so for $6 a lesson we'll be going back. there was one game we played where they sit on the edge of the pool and then we pick them up and they 'fall' into the water...well, by the third time leila was preempting it and jumping in on her own! i almost had a heart attack! LOL!
    other than that same old same old. i think that the penicillin i am on is not cutting the mustard re the tonsilitis. i can still feel it big time on one side. so am not impressed as the thought of doing another round of 50 gives me the heeby-jeebys.

anyway best dash as it is getting close to L's bedtime...oh BTW, swimming lessons tucker them out! LOL! leila had a 3 hour marathon afternoon sleep yesterday, woke for dinner then straight back to bed for a sleep through!

Hi Girls,

Nina- Hi and Welcome
    Clare- WTG L in swimming. Re the tonsils. Have you tried gargling will aspalgin or aspro I use to have it all the time and it really does work. Also a penicillian shot is really good too.
    Art- Are they allowed to come into your house with out notice. I also like Sheries Idea too.
    Sherie- OMG girl you are in the wars latley I mean with your ear and now Hives. Hope you get better soon

I hope I get over it soon too! Although I think Clare is giving me a run for my money with her tonsils It has been a really bad year for it this year it seems - my neighbour next door (well, she is about 5km away but their farm is next door to ours LOL) is on abs ATM for it, and there have been 6 children that I know who've had them out this year.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I finally got a sippy cup. It's a tommee tippee 'nuby' one for $5.95 and it's great! I got it online from pharmacydirect when I ordered some more formula for Alister and he seems to like it. Doesn't like the water I put in it though. It doesn't leak either and isn't all fancy schmancy so I wont be mucking around cleaning bungs etc like the other ones I have.

Renee - YES we were in the city on Sunday! Thats so funny!!! I asked DP if he remembered walking into someone but he doesnt, no suprise there hehe. We were with the outlaws shopping. What were you up to in the city?

Trillian - That is a bargain sippy cup, my tt one cost $17 odd dollars. Rip off!

Clare - M had conjunctivits a few weeks back and I found the same as Leanne, the over the counter chemist stuff doesnt work too well, but what the doc prescribed cleared it up overnight.

MD - I am so happy for you that E slept through. Well done E! You must have felt like a new woman the next morning.

Rainy - Oh no sorry to hear you are having sleep issues, its hard work. Are you extra tired yourself being in the early stages of pregnancy?

Noni - Hope you are feeling better soon. Straight after AF finishing...I doubt it so you should be fine.

Leanne - The boys will love the tractors. Wow your friend is a super mumma alright! Thanks for your reassurance re M's weight.

Cally - Hope Katie is better soon! M seems to go off her food when sick as well.

Arte - How annoying, the little brat. Ohhh no how embarrassing your undies hanging up for all to see hehe. I would have thought that they at least have to give you warning that someone is coming? Rude or what?!

Nina - Welcome!

Thanks everyone re your reassurances about M's weight!

Whinge time: I am SO tired. I dont know what I am doing wrong these days, M has gone from sleeping through the nights to waking every morning at 3/4am without fail and then on and off until she gets up at 7ish. Both DP and I feel like zombies lol. She has been doing this for almost a couple of months now and I have been giving in and offering a bottle which she takes every time. Do you think I've gotten her into a habit so she wakes for that bottle now? Anyone read the Pinky McKay sleep book and if so is it good?

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast