Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #4

Hello Ladies!

Hope you all had a great weekend. Dwayne had Saturday off so I had two whole days with him and Rory yipeeee!

Ozstar - Sounds like you had a great weekend, im so glad! Logan was a little angel for you wasnt he? Lets hope he has a nice big sleep for you tonight so you can rest

Jazmum - Im so so sorry to hear about yuor FIL. What an awful thing to happen. I hope your okay. It must of been very scarey! I hope he gets better quick smart.

Noni - 12K is alot to lose in 3 weeks. I havent weighed myself since I the day I was induced. I dont think I want to either

Sherie - Ive been attached by mozzies LOL. Some how I managed to get bitten on the forehead and nose plus a whole heap on my arms & feet. They didnt touch Rory though but I have been using his net at night.

Rory has been sleeping so much during the day! He is only awake for 1 & 1/2 to 2 hours at a time during the day and then he will sleep for 2,3 even 4 hours and will still go straight down during the evening. Does this suond right! He is so hungry too

Renee- Olivia does that some days and then other days she will be awake most of the day. My be its just growing spurts. Oh and i love the photo of Rory he is so cute and getting bigger.

Renee - Hannah is like that most days. She doesn't seem to have too much awake time at all, and when she is awake most of that time is taken up with feeding.
    Katie - fantastic news that Logan coped so well with the plane flight. Glad you had a great weekend.
    Noni- 12kg does sound like alot of weight to lose in such a short amount of time. I haven't weighed myself since i got pregnant, so i wouldn't have a clue how much i've lost. How is your appetite now? Are you feeling ok? If your concerned maybe you could have a checkup with your GP.

hello again
    sitting here with one tired bub lol shes just eaten not long ago and is flopping around lol but the hiccups are keeping her awake poor thing she hates them so much!!!
    not much to report am off to add some new pics to my bb gallery so u can see how much sheis growing
    jazmum - my stomach is getting better, less pain and more regularity lol though a few things tend to upset it now more than b4... appetite is still not good though yesterday only had 2 freddos and a sandwich.. i feel ok though was just wondering because dp was saying he dosn't think its healthy...
    renee rory is georgeous i love the black n white one uve inspired me to take some

morning ladies
    jaz- hope your fil is ok. how scarey..
    noni- i've lost 12 k as well, and i've still been eating healthy (don't want milk supply to be affected) so don't worry about it too much. i've still got another 11k to lose, but gonna give myself till lewis' 1st birthday to do that. no rush iykwim? lewis is kept awake by hiccups at night too. it's bad isn't it?
    hope everyone else is doing well. i'm so tired today, had a really bad nights sleep. lewis was so unsettled and it's really hot here and cos we live in the middle of a national park the noise of the cicaders (sp?)is deafening.

good morning everyone
    Gracie - i always associate hot summer days with the noise of the cicada. (also reminds me of school holidays when i was young and i'd be soooo bored because mum and dad would watch cricket all weekend. lol) I bet you get lots of animals coming to visit. Hope you get to catch up on some sleep today.

After H having such an unsettled day yesterday, she had a wonderful night last night. I woke her to feed her at 9:45 pm and she slept through until 7am !!!!! (i did have to get up to Zoe though)
    Hope everyone has a great day with their bubs

jaz- my parents used to always watch cricket too!! it reminds me of that as well. it is so noisey here atm, it's unbelievable. poor little lewis must wonder what this crazy noise is! i'm so jealous of your long sleep. wow, i wish lewis would sleep that long, even just for one night so i can catch up!

Morning Ladies,

Jazmum- I too am jealous of your long sleep. I hope H does it again tonight for you. How is your FIL today I hope he is feeling better soon.
    Gracie- I agree I would love some catch up sleep.

Well we are off to Ped appointment today I am taking Olivia and the boys. So I better start getting ready it will probally take me and 2 hours just to get everyone organised. lol....

Gracie - I hate those cicadas - they are sooooo loud! I think a year to lose the baby weight is a sensible goal - you can eat chocolate and still get there in that time!

Jazmum - gee I hope your FIL is able to heal up quickly and that they give him good drugs until then!! Wow that's an excellent long sleep! We're down to two getups each night and that's a good night here!!

Katie - well done with the travel!! What a good boy!!

Noni & Gracie - I guess the weight loss is all relative - if you're eating enough to feel healthy then I spose it's good, if not, then it might be a problem and see your dr...Noni you can get Blackmores Digestive Bitters (it's like a herbal liquid) from the chemist - it helps to stimulate appetite and aids digestion - it might help with the eating??

BTW I still have no idea how much baby weight I have lost as they didn't weigh me at the hospital and I have a distrust of scales generally as they are usually pretty inaccurate. Waiting to see at the dietician this week...tried on some pre-preg summer clothes, they all still fit around the bum and thighs but my tum is still a bit pouchy so most are still too small - wardrobe crisis ahead! LOL

Renee, all that sleep sounds pretty normal, you will notice it change as time goes on (might be gradual, might be sudden )!

I'm sort of in shock after the last 24 hrs - E had a very bad day yesterday - lots of going to sleep (she was utterly exhausted) and then springing awake 5-15mins later...Aaargh - wingy, windy, refluxy, the lot! She finally had a very farty half hour and then fell asleep and only got up twice last night. The whole episode dented my confidence a bit as today is the first day DH is back at work and I doubted my ability to cope (it doesn't take much to get me frazzled, I'm ashamed to say...).

BTW I found a medicine giver thingy - it looks like a cross between a bottle and a dummy, it has a bottle teat and a little 10ml medicine cup that screws on the back (but it just holds 15ml which is exactly one dose of gaviscon). She took it ok yesterday so I sent DH down to buy two more. I agree Noni thank goodness for baby bonus I have spent in excess of $70 over the last few days at the pharmacy!

Hope everyone is having a great start to the week...I'm off to google foods suspected in causing wind in Bfed babies (I'm in denial about chocolate)...suspect the eggplant on the pizza fri night might have been a culprit...??

Leanne - good luck at the paed today!

Morning everyone,

I will apologise upfront for my selfish post, I have a few questions.

Yesterday my bleeding came back. I had gone 2 weeks without any bleedign and then all of a sudden yesterday it came back. It is quiet heavy like AF, could it be AF or is it lochia? When the OB did my pap smear last week he said I could get some spotting but I didnt get anything could this be it? Or could it be from having such a busy weekend? I have no pain or clots and it isnt bothering me I just wondered.

second question, for the last week or so my nipples seem to be really tender and I have a little bit of pain after each feed. There is also a pain in my bb after each feed which feels sort of like muscle pain. Could it be from Logan sucking really hard? There is no lumps in my bb and I dont think it is thrush. I will ask the nurse on Wednesday but thought I would see if anyone here had any ideas.

Thanks.

well we just attempted to do Ashas hand and fppt prints for her baby book lol needless to say there is purple paint all over me and her and a few other things lol... it looks a bit smeared but its cute and will be nice to look back on.. she screamed through the whole thing think she didn't like the cold paint on her lol...
    Asha will be one month this friday did anyone do anything for their one month "birthdays" lol maybe i am just a silly first time mum but i thought it might be nice to do something can't think what though...
    gracie - is lewis a refluxy baby? i hate it when ash gets wet hiccups and brings up a bit of milk with each one awful!!! i saw on funniest home videos a set of twins looked about 8 or 9mths old both awake one grumpy one happy the grumpy one had hiccups and the other one was resting on his shoulder and everytime hed hiccup the other one would laugh cute lol... i only put on 12kg in preg but wasnt happy with my weight when i started so still wanna loose about another 10 as well...
    jazmum - 9:45 - 7 wow!! the longest Asha will sleep for is 5 hours lol and thats only once in a day usually after her 5-6ish feed and not always lol... cant believe ur coming up to the 2mth mark Asha will be 1mth on friday
    gracie - sounds like u live in a nice area we can hear cicadas here too but not that loud.. reminds me of when we would pick the empty cicada shells off trees in primary school yuk lol
    leanne - gl with ur appt
    md - will have to check out the supplement might be just what i need to kick things into gear again idk whats going on with this silly body of mine lol... sorry to hear u had a bad day with E can say i sympathise with u completely those bad windy refluxy days are the pits very draining!! hope shes better for you today
    katie not sure about either of those sorry hope someone else has some ideas for you...

hey does anyone know the go with huggies lol??? i had a few packs of huggies newborn but they are two different sizes??? theres small ones which Asha has grown out of and ones that are a bit bigger that will fit her for a bit longer... i remember ppl talking about it on here... shes only just 4kg and i have a pack of infant which are 4-8 but what i was wondering is are the smaller ones newer or older?? coz if the bigger ones were new it wld be worth me buying another packet but i dnt want to buy them n open them up to find they are too small coz i just opened a pack to realise theyre too small n the best i can do bout that is give them away... please help lol i am soooo confused!!!!

Noni, I found that too with the newborn huggies. I had a pack of 54 and the big box, and the box ones are a bit smaller for some reason. I bought the 54 pack first though so they might be older ones? I am down to the last 2 newborn ones anyway and then onto the infant ones. I have been using the infant ones at night for a while as he was wetting right through with the newborn ones overnight.

I did all the older kids hand/foot prints when they were 3mths becuase they kept their hands open better then. I tried when they were smaller but it didn't work real well.

Katie, you could just have a blocked duct. Be careful though that it doesn't become mastitis. Try massaging the area while Logan is feeding if you can, it might help move the blockage. It's posible your bleeding is AF returning - it's hard to say really. If you get worried about it see your Dr ok?

Marydean, what did your google search turn up?

Having a so-so day here. the weather has turned really hot so it's hard to get motivated to do anything.

Noni, the smaller ones are called Newborns and they go from 4-6 kgs, Infants are the next size up but they don't come in the big box...you have to buy them in the packets which works out more expensive. Apparently there are smaller ones as well that they hand out in hospital?? I'm guessing the size you need is the Infant size not the Newborn size. We've just madly finished a box of the Newborns - they fit at the start of the week - just - but were getting much too small by the weekend LOL! I would be using the Infant size except I resent having to pay more for them so we're using the Aldi nappies instead which were too big to start with but fit well now.

Sorry Katie, can't help with either of your questions - I guess you will only be able to tell with Lochia or AF is what happens afterwards - ie if you bleed again in a months time...Not sure about the sore BBs, worth getting checked out if it doesn't get better.

Sherie - mostly it went on about chocolate (lalalalalalala I didn't hear that LOL) and brocolli and cabbage and some ppl said milk too, but I've never had problems eating these things myself so I think that's unlikely. I also found something about secondary lactose intolerance that happens when the gut wall is a bit damaged - which is possible after god knows how many weeks on ABs - but it resolves when the gut wall heals.

Thank goodness she's been a bit more settled today - amazing what a half-hour farting session can do for a girl LOL!

How's Queenie going today?
    Last edited by AnyDream; October 22nd, 2007 at 02:40 PM.

yeah the smaller ones will go on her but they are tight around her little legs and its so hot i feel a bit bad.. gosh i put the two up to eachother and there is a big diff!!!!
    btw they both came in identical packaging both say newborn up to 5kg yet one fits and one dosn't strange!!!!
    i am going to do her prints when shes older again just have a book that says prints at 2wks old lol and i didn't do it till 3wks and a half lol she was very clenchy but it does look cute...
    its really hot here too lucky we are getting that air con put in well dp and my dad are putting it in as we speak coz Asha is not impressed with the weather... must go to the huggies website now will let u know what i find out...

md these newborn ones are like the small ones i was given in hospital the other nb ones fit her n the infant is too big dilima!!!!

just a quickie - be back again after i've finished ironing - Noni - did you do the handprint while Asha was asleep? Might be able to get a better print that way.

yeah lol but she woke up haha

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast