Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #4

OMG! Look at all his hair! Lindsay had hair like that too and I would have given my left arm for the girls to have it too. He is a very wise looking little boy, like he's been here before, very cute! Man we made some good looking babies! Marydean, you will have to post one of Miss E.

With the milk rash, I don't put anything on it. It will clear up on it's own, even thoguh it looks terrible while they have it. Paige's lasted for about 3 weeks, gradually getting worse and then it started getting better again. While he is asleep he looks OK, but when he's hot it really stands out.

Last edited by Trillian; October 23rd, 2007 at 11:51 AM.

I had heaps of hair when i was born too - all black and curly and it didn't fall out... so I am hoping Noah's wont either - in fact soon I am going to have to get him a haircut as it is getting close to his eyes!!! Hmm not sure how that would go - I think I had my first hair cut at 3 months so maybe he will break the family record. Everyone jokes that he looks like his dad with more hair LOL! (not true DH still beats him just).
    I think the milk rash is getting a bit better - but it is still there, Oh well will wait it out. I hope Alistair's clears up before your professional pics Sherie!
    Queenie - we celebrate Channukah, I guess we will do mroe for it now that Noah is here (and Dylan my nephew).

Pregpan he is absolutley beautiful. Lol at getting his hair cut already, Logan has the opposite problem.
    Last edited by Ozstar; October 23rd, 2007 at 01:27 PM.

***TMI*** ***TMI*** warning.
    I have been embarrassed to ask this but here I go anyway.
    I have had the runs since coming out of hospital. Has anyone else had this??
    I dont know if its normal or not. Its getting beyond a joke now so Im assuming its not.

well, abigail passed her weigh-in - phew!! she had put on 100g in the last 5 days (thank god they weighed her before she did a massive poo!) which they have deemed acceptable! she is now 10g heavier than her birth weight - albeit a little later than average... anyway, feel better now that i have the nurses off my back!

Jazmum - yes, Abigail came out wide-eyed and has hardly closed her eyes since!! she's very interested in everything and has been tracking us around the room right from birth - we like to think that she's very advanced - ha ha ha!!!

Renee - Jazmum's reply reminded me that we want to get abigail a Jolly Jumper at some stage, so i guess that could be her Christmas present...
    Yep, the two rockers (the snail and the donkey) are both from the Mamas & Papas range. my DH bought the snail for Mother's Day last year and my boss gave me the donkey as a leaving gift... we had my 17-month old niece stay recently and she LOVED the snail - we brought it out into the lounge room and she spent all day getting on and off it and giving her stuffed animals rides in it too!!
    the land that our house is built on was sub-divided in 1894. i think the house wasn't actually built for another 5 to 10 years later though because it's a mixture of Victorian and Edwardian features (and if it were built in 1894 it would be purely Victorian)... either way, it's VERY old!! it as a nice feel to it, but there are also drawbacks - very brittle woodwork, cracks in the plasterwork, etc...
    Re: The Runs - i haven't had any soft stools at all.. and i haven't read anywhere that it is a common post-natal symptom... I'd make an appointment with your Dr to check that there isn't something else going on...

Sherie - i can't believe that alister is sleeping such a long stretch at night already - that's great!! Abigail only sleeps for about 4 hours at the longest stretch, but i guess she's a few weeks younger... it doesn't really bother me too much anyway because i can just have a nap during the day or get up later seeing as i don't have any other kids to look after...

Pregpan - Abigail is on Facebook too! i've only just started using it. it's so much easier than having to e-mail photos to all of my friends... i can just upload them, and it's up to them if they want to have a look... i must say though that there are some people who have asked to be my "friend" who i'm not really that keen on (old acquaintances from school, uni, etc), but i'd feel silly "rejecting" them - that's my only gripe with it so far!
    yes, please post some photos of Noah - i can't believe you made it through your pregnancy without posting any photos of yourself - very cheeky!!
    i had a giggle about your weight-loss plans - i TOTALLY agree that for me to lose any weight it will need to be through exercise because i like my food WAY too much to deny myself anything!! i still have 8kgs to lose to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight (have lost 12kgs so far) but i'm not sure i'll ever be able to regain any tone in my tummy - it's just so jiggly and there seems to be way too much skin!!
    ETA - ooh, have just seen you've created a Totsite - will check it out!

Queenie - sorry to hear you're so windy!! i must say that it's nice now that the wind and reflux have gone!! abigail has taken all the credits in that department lately - she does the loudest, bubbliest poos!! i'm sure that strangers must find it disturbing but i think it's kinda cute!! especially seeing as they're accompanied by flaring nostrils and a little red face!!
    Glad to hear that your DH approved of Abigail! we think she's pretty cute, but we're biased of course... we took her to an engagement party with us on Sat night and i felt a little bad because she stole the show a little bit.. people were queuing up for a hold!!
    yes, i'm expressing as well as breast-feeding. they thought that my milk supply may be low so wanted me to express between feeds to increase my supply. i haven't been very diligent about expressing though, and just do it when it takes my fancy - otherwise i'd be sitting around with my knockers hanging out all day if i was expressing between every feed!!

Artechim - i had the in-laws here for 3 nights and know what you mean about it resulting in an unsettled baby!! every time i turned around there was someone fussing over her or taking her photo or trying to shove a finger in her mouth!!

Katie - glad to hear that your OB checked your stitches at your 6-wk checkup... i was wondering whether my OB would check mine... i had HEAPS and lots have already come out (seen them on toilet paper after wiping myself) but i'm not sure whether everything has healed correctly (looks a bit funny in the mirror. not radically different to pre-pregnancy, but just not as "neat"!)...

just got back from the shops really wanted the stroller but dp has lost his car keys and its in the boot grrrr so we have no car and no stroller men!!! anyways ended up putting her in the baby bjorn i wasnt sure about it but she went to sleep straight away and didn't wake up till we got home and i took her out so pretty happy about that considering that was half hour past when she was due to feed!!! atleast i know when dp is back at work i will be able to get things done if i just put her in that for a while...
    ohhh pregpan he is so beautiful geez looking at all these small babies makes me feel like Asha is HUUUGEEE lol and only almost 1mth old lol she started as one of the smaller babies born but she dosn't seem to be now lol even the dr said she looked big...
    renee - i have had problems on and off but only had the runs once deffinately tummy problems though maybe u shld talk to a dr lol says me who hasnt yet.. hope it gets better for you though!!!
    ella - congrats on the weigh in!!! what a relief

Noni, that would have been so frustrating to be without the stroller. I went for a walk the other day and just put Alister in the kapoochi and my back was aching when I got back - he's too heavy in it to walk too far LOL.

Ella, WTG at the weigh in! Sometimes it can take a little longer for them to get back to birthweight and that's just fine - not every baby will stack on the weight every week. With the 'neatness' down there, it may not ever look exactly the same, but it will look better over time. I'm on facebook too, but I don't have the kids pics on there. I don't have mine made private, but it would be hard to say no. I spent the morning stalking people though LOL - not in a bad way, just searching for people I know. If youre not keen on expressing all day to build your supply, have you looked at the thread for remedies to help? there are some natural things you can take - blessed thistle and ferungeek or there is a milk drink made with activite.

Renee, It could be a reaction to the abs you had to take? I usually have the exact opposite problem and get backed up LOL.

Pregpan, if you get his haircut, you'll have to take a pic of it to show us.

Renee I would check with your Dr just to be on the safe side. I havent had that problem.

Ella, great news on the weigh in. I seen those rockers the other day and have put it on Logans Christmas wish list. Lol I know what you mean about not looking as "neat". I had quite a few stitches too.

Logna is having a great day today, must have just been unsettled yesterday because of our busy weekend. He is having an afternoon nap now, so I really should be preparing dinner.

it's been busy in here!!! good to see we all have things under control enough to be cruising BB!!
    I also had quite afew stitches and i agree ella i am not as neat as i used to be, i am hoping that fixes itself over time. wow, that's a huge weight loss, i am about 4kg over pre preg but i'd like to lose a little more - i put on about 5kg when ttc...
    have had a busy day.. went into the city to meet a friend for lunch - gosh it is weird meeting ppl who are fully in the corporate world during th day now that my day consists of poo monitoring and feeding my little milk monster... i feel quite out of it. then i went to koko black to get some nice choccies to give to theOB tomorrow - are any of you getting gifts for OBs? and i bought some gorgeous summer outfits for Noah (Myer on sale this week) and a nice photo album and some frames for pics - yes it is photo central here! i take a few every day and email all the gparents a pic of the day - since they are all in melb, so you can imagine we have a LOT of pics here!!! have many of you done thank you cards yet - i did customised ones thru babys got style - will let you know how they turn out..
    Renee - i havent had that prob - i'd ask your dr about it to be safe.
    Katie - glad logan is more settled today...Noah is too, i think it is bc it is a little cooler.

Pregpan, why did you have to say that Myer is having a sale!!!! it's always the way when I'm not going to Wagga for a while LOL. I haven't ever gotten anything for my Dr, but I always send a bunch of flowers and some choccies to the midwives at the hospital to share. I just do my own thank you notes to send out so I don't have to order a set amount.

Katie, glad Logan is having a good day today.

hello everyone. just a quick post here- i am absolutely exhausted. lewis kept me awake from 3am onwards. nothing could console him and i was so tired. he's been throwing up quite a lot lately - i was wondering how do you know if they're got reflux??
    ella- great to see you back mate. abigail is very pretty- you're going to have to keep the boys away in a few years! LOL well done on the bfing. lewis put on 90gms in 5 days last time he was weighed- so it sounds like you're doing a fantastic job. he's getting weighed again tomorrow.
    pregpan- i am in love with noah's hair! he is so cute. i'll have to post some pics of lewis soon- as soon as i get some sleep and can be bothered dealing with it...
    hello to everyone else. really hoping i get a better night's sleep tonight and can spend some quality time on bb tomorrow!

btw- renee- i have the opposite problem to you in the number2s department and it's killing me!

sherie - Asha is just 4kg we were out for around 3hrs n it was quite comfy i can tell though once she gets bigger it wont b the same
    ozstar - glad Logain is having a good day
    pregpan - i think we have around 300 pics lol in just over 3 weeks lol oops we have settled down a bit lately though... we just have frames for our faves n the rest will be burn to cd in mths coz we cant possibly print them all haha... i didn't give my ob a present but i only saw her once the way it was at the hospy was there was the head ob u were under n i saw her for the final visit n she had to approve everything but u just saw whoever... i spent most my time with the midwives neway in the bc n wont actually go back to see her didn't knw we were supposed to??? was never given the option just told to see the gp at 6 weeks which is still 2wks away.. we bought pink thankyou note paper has a little bear on it n we used the pc to print a little pic of her at the top n writing underneath turned out really nice sent one to the midwives who were involved in the labour n birth...
    gracie - reflux signs include distress, hiccuping, crying at the bb or bottle and continuously breaking away even when still hungry, arching the back in pain, not settling if u lay them flat, overtired ness... i am sure there aremore thats just the ones ash has...
    i had a few stitches too am too scared to look though so have no idea what anything looks like lol dnt even knw if they have come out yet think they were supposed to lol... i had a second degree tear seemed like she was stitching for ages lol it was horrible preffered labour lol i also had the syncto to hurry the placenta n was surprised how much i thought it hurt...

Hi ladies all - still haven't read all of today's posts and my brain is very full because I'm FINALLY working on uploading some photies - so stay tuned!

Ella - Consensus wins, Abigail is just gorgeous! Soooo sorry to hear it's been such a struggle for you. You needn't feel pressured to introduce formula if that's not what you want but if you do it needn't mean the end of breastfeeding either - are you pumping and giving EBM...a decent electric breast pump (hire from your local pharmacy or ABA) can do wonders. Let us know how you go. xxx and OOO and you know we're all behind you hoping you get through this rough patch. ETA - well done on getting back to birth weight - that's an excellent milestone and I'm sure you won't look back now!

Yes we had problems with little mouth big boob too - expressing before a feed to soften the nipple and holding the breast with a C-hold and maintaining the hold for a few seconds after baby starts sucking worked for us (gives baby a chance to suck more of the areola into the mouth) - then it was a case of minimising the nipple damage until she grew a bit bigger. I don't know which of these strategies you're already using but I really wish you all the best with it.

Queenie - I've been nervously jumping to check my mobile every time it beeps with an SMS - I don't think you're far off hun - enjoy these last few days whatever way takes your fancy! xxx OMG you've got such a good memory, Vibrating Uterus LOL and I think I'll have a Marydean Special with my baby carols this year! Lil Elisabeth was a Christmas champagne baby too so it will forever be a happy time of year for us .

Pregpan, my what a glossy head of hair Noah has, he's just beautiful. You inspired me to get cracking and put my own photos up. No idea about 6 week checkup - I've got mine with GP on Thurs - main items on my agenda will be wound review and contraception (what to do...what to do?).

Leanne - good luck with your DH away, just keep everything simple and cut whatever corners you need to for things to go smoothly - will your mum come round and help out?

Renee - I wouldn't be surprised about the runs for 2 reasons a) the antibiotics (get onto a probiotic and some acidophilus and maybe check out some herbal things like slippery elm) and b) sometimes labour/birth can affect the bum nerves - after DD1 was born I could never feel when I need to go to the toilet until the very last second when I had to drop everything and RUN! I'd mention it to your dr but I expect it will sort itself out over a few months.
    Last edited by AnyDream; October 23rd, 2007 at 05:52 PM.

Gracie I have PM'd you the link to a reflux fact sheet - hope that helps. Sounds like a bit of prune juice is in order at your house!

Noni - well done with the sling for that time - locking the stroller in the boot then losing the keys sounds like the sort of thing my DH would do!

I've been wondering about the present thing too. For a C/S there were a million people in the room (all from different departments) but I think some choccies for the midwives is a great idea. I especially want to send something to the theatre midwife as she went well out of her way to help us to breastfeed in theatre and recovery - making it a truly special time. Not sure that chocolates speaks the depth of my gratitude though, so I've been thinking what else I could give her.

E had a quick weigh in and check at the clinic - she's cracked the 5kg mark so those quick feeds and the OBP (one-boob policy) is obviously working for us. Got them to check her bellybutton as it's been popping right out - not sure if it's a hernia developing...gotta keep an eye on it but it pops back in so not a problem for now.

Big to anyone I've missed in personals, I'm such a thread hog with my long posts - sorry everyone!
    Last edited by AnyDream; October 23rd, 2007 at 05:51 PM.

lol md i get that occassionly the drop everything and run its great fun lol

LOL I had a moment this afternoon. My friend and I were walking around the park when a Magpie started swooping us. My friend who is absolutely PETRIFIED of magpies, mudlarks, crows etc etc dropped to the floor in hysterics (meanwhile using me as a shield) and couldn’t move. I was rolling around laughing so hard that I almost wet myself!!! I cant imagine what the lady behind us must of thought of two women cracking up on the pavement floor, one with her legs crossed tightly trying not to WET HERSELF!
    Should of done those Pelvic floor exercises because its not like it use to be down there haha

Renee - that's hilarious!!

Ella - so glad you're back, well done on getting back to birth weight, it's very stressful when they lose so much in hospital.

Pregpan - that is so much hair on Noah!!

Well we were flat out today. Friends were planning on coming down to visit from Canberra for the day, but one got a cold, so they rang up to reschedule. So I decided to go to the mothers group that started up this month, so got all ready, out of the shower and there was a message saying that friends (minus sick one) were still going to come down. So ended up going into town for mothers group, left early, made it home 10 minutes before friends arrived, had a lovely lunch and visit with them, then had nan and SIL pop by as well. Went for a very slow walk late afternoon and when DH came home I was collapsed on the couch. Of course have a second wind now!!

DD has slept most of today. Had about an hour of awake time this morning and that's it. I'm thinking it's the exhaustion after the growth spurt. Hopefully it's not a sign she will be awake all night. She did decide a couple of nights ago that 2am was a good time to be awake - she just lay in her bassinet talking to herself for about an hour! Of course i didn't get any sleep though.

Leanne - good luck while DH is away. Fingers crossed it goes very quickly.

Ultrasound tomorrow to check DD's hips. Standard practice for breech babies.

Morning Ladies,

Pregpan-Noah is so beautiful and I love his hair I wish Olivia had hair.
    Katie- Hope all goes well at the ultrasound tomorrow.
    Renee- you crack me up.

Well mum slept over last night thank god but I am home alone tonight and feeling like I will be ok, thanks for the advise girls. And I go this morning for my first weight in at WW, I hope its good news and that I have lost some weight. I will let you all know.

Talk to you all soon....

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast