Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #4

Katie - have you started taking the Pill by chance? My ob said that when i start taking the mini pill i might get some spotting.
    md - i'm glad that E is much more settled today after her farting session lol. Sometimes i hear H doing great big farts through the monitor. lol.
    noni - we don't celebrate each month, but i do an album in 4 week blocks. I write down all of the things that Hannah has done in that month, and then put photos with it. I did one each for J and Z as well and they just love looking back on it.
    H has been incredibly sleepy today, even after her huge sleep last night. She hasn't done one of her huge explosive poos in a couple of days, so might be in for a treat this afternoon lol. She went 5 hours between feeds this morning, and is heading for 4 hours this one. (now she will probably be up all night feeding)
    noni - just had a look at all of your photos - Asha is adorable. I love her hair!!! I love rubbing my face against Hannah's soft hair!

Hi Girls!

Sorry i just disappeared off the face of the earth but i have been having a really rough time with breastfeeding and have spent most of the last 2 weeks crying, so didn't want to bring the mood down too much!!

My nipples are still cracked and very sore despite religiously using lansinoh for the past two weeks and calling a private practice lacation consultant out to the house twice to help me with attachment. at her last visit she decided that i am not doing anything wrong and Abigail is attaching as well as she possibly can, but her mouth is too small which is why she is squashing my nipples at each feed... apparently i just have to wait for her to grow!! hhmmn...
    she hadn't put on any weight in the past week at her nurses visit on thurs so i have to go back again tomorrow morning to see whether she has started to gain weight (still isn't back at her birth weight). if not they are threatening me with formula which i really don't want to use given that i've been SO persistant and put up with so much pain so far - it would be a shame if i couldn't pull through, surely it's not meant to be this hard!!

anyway, feeding issues aside my little daughter is absolutely gorgeous!!

queenie - thanks for the message on the weekend - it's nice to know that i was missed!! it's getting so close to d-day for you now - woo hoo!! i hope your spirits are still high. i got a little bit depressed by the end of my pregnancy when all of the other girls already had their babies and i went so far overdue - i felt like i had been left behind!! Abigail was cooked to perfection when she finally did debut though, and in hindsight i wouldn't have had it any other way!

okay, i'm going to try and keep up with you all from now on - will have to try and make it onto the computer at least once a day! i am sitting here at the moment bouncing on a fitball with abigail in a ring sling to try and keep her quiet!!

ETA - have uploaded some photos of Abigail onto my Totsites webpage if anyone is interested...
    Last edited by ella79; October 22nd, 2007 at 07:07 PM.

Ella - So glad to hear from you again! I missed you XOXOXOX *hug* *hug*. Sorry to hear about all the trouble you have had bf I hope Abigail's has put on some weight when you go back tomorrow. Thinking of you

What are you guys going to buy your little ones for Christmas???

renee - not sure on the christmas thing prob something relatively small coz we wont have anywhere to put everything she gets from everyone else as it is lol...
    ella glad to see u back Abigail is georgeous!!!

Renee - i LOVE that black & white photo of Rory - SO cute!! i haven't even started thinking about christmas yet!! we probably won't get her anything big seeing as she will be too young to know what is going on and she'll also get tonnes of pressies from the family...

Noni - Asha is adorable!! i LOVE her fluffy hair!! i don't wash Abigail's hair very often because it makes her scalp too dry, and as a result she doesn't have nice fluffy hair very often!!

ella - i'm so happy to see you back online so sorry that breastfeeding is painful for you and that you've had a tough couple of weeks. I hope everything starts looking up very soon for you. Abigail is soo beautiful. So wide-eyed and bright.
    Renee - thinking of buying H a Fisher Price 'Kickin' Bobbin' Bear Gym.
    Last edited by Patooties; October 22nd, 2007 at 08:27 PM.

Ella SO GOOD to see you back on!!!! Don't ever feel you'll bring the mood down - we've all had our moments and that's why this is such a great group I think. Abigail is one of the most beautiful babies I've ever seen - I called DH over to look at your pics and he has gone all gooey! You're right - cooked to perfection. At the moment I'm not too stressed about the time left - I figure the more time passes the more chance for sleep, but am starting to get more baby-focused... it's all a bit freaky!! Too many loose stools today for my liking :LOL: (MD - think E's farty day but adult-sized) and I think I might've lost a bit more plug too; also not as hungry, but maybe I'm now just looking for signs! Just feeling a bit weird and tired.
    Are you expressing at all or just BF? sounds like you've had a really awful time.
    Renee I did some Xmas shopping today (!! am paying for it now with cankles) and bought the little one two Maisy books ROFL - FAR too young of course but couldn't resist; we also have a 6m+ Lamaze fancy-schmancy developmental toy of sorts sitting in the cupboard. MAybe I should just tie ribbon around my boobs ?? but then DH might get all excited and think they're for him

cant believe how much i have managed to be online today!!!
    lol ella we dnt wash her hair that much either for the same reason but it seems to be kinda slick at the front and then the back stands up lol it does go fluffier when we wash it though something dp always complains about with his hair haha.. someone actually asked me if we put gel in it to make the back stand up lol lol
    queenie even with cankles uve kept ur sence of humour love the ribon idea lol

Ella - good to see you back. Hope your efforts have paid off and A has put on some weight this week.

Queenie - LOL at the ribbon idea. Will has started the embarrassing habit of pulling my top down when he is hungry.

MD - It is a sad day when you have to decide between chocolate and a happy baby. I have found cabbage to give W a bit of wind. I have been avoiding garlic and spicy foods too. One of the worst things was raw onion in a salad - he wouldn't drink my milk the next day and my boobs were so full I thought they would pop (they did get a whole heap more stretch marks). It isn't fair, I consoled myself during the whole GD thing with the thought that it was only for a few months only to find that I still have restrict what I eat.

DHs family left this morning. It was great to see them, but so many people in the house resulted in an unsettled bub. I think that he had his six week growth spurt too, as he was super clingy/hungry for a couple of days, then yesterday slept like a log. It is hard when everyone wants to hold him but I knew that he would only last a few minutes then I would have to spend ages settling him down again. He has started crying now if he has wind - we had it easy for the first six weeks when he didn't seem to care. If he didn't burp after a feed it didn't seem to matter, but now he gets quite upset.

We went down to the park and took a whole heap of family photos while everyone was here. DH youngest brother just turned 21, everyone is spreading out and it is becoming harder to get everyone together at the same time. I imagine that W will be huge by the time we get together next.

Yesterday I had a BOOST - I fit back in to my pre-baby pants! They are exactly loose, but at least I can do them up.

Oh my gawwwwd could Abigail be any cuter!!!!!!!!!!! And I love the animal rocker you have in her nursery! Its the mamas & papas one right??
    And you home looks lovely. I love the old style renovated homes...oh oh so pretty! Do you know how old it is?

Ella hun it really is great to see you back on. I have babies with small mouths too and it is really hard to get them to take in enough breast. There is a thread on here about it - another member had a problem with small mouth/big boob and I can't remember what she said she did to overcome it, but she did say it got a lot better when bubs was bigger. I will find it for you. I am really proud of you for sticking with it and doing all the right things to make sure you get it right - you should be proud of yourself too. And OMG - how petite is she! What a little cherub she is, so beautiful.

Arte, I am so glad that nearly all of my family is within cooee of us - I don't know how I would go if we had anyone stay with us. Well done for fitting back into your pants too. I can get into some, but not all of mine.

Noni, Alister has DH's dead straight sticky-up hair too LOL. it's short enough though that it doesn't look fluffy when it's washed. How is Asha today?

Queenie, the last two weeks is very nearly exactly the same as the first LMAO - we keep looking for 'signs' and turn into the 'knicker nazi' brigade again. It wont be long now, Im sure you wont go into December .

Alister is definately starting to form a pattern. for the last 5 days he has woken up at about the same time - anytime from 5am, after being put down for the night at 9pm at the latest. The last two days though he hasn't gone back to sleep though so I've had some early starts, but it may settle down when daylight savings starts and it's dark in the morning. He has broken out in the milk rash all over his face and the heat isn't helping it at all. The older three all had it at about this age too so I just have to wait it out. I hope its gone by november 10 - we are having professional pics done that day LOL.

Ella - so great to see you back online - it sounds like you have been having a really tough time, i am so sorry to hear that but sounds like you have really persevered with it all and I SO hope it works out well for you at the weigh in on Thursday! I guess the good thing is that they expect it to get better when she is a little older - so if you do get through the next few weeks maybe things will be better feeding wise.. dont beat yourself up though if they do recommend you go to formula - you have done an amazing job to get this far and done so much to make it work, so you should be proud of yourself. I know you will do what is best for Abigail. I just had a look at your pics, oh she is just SO SO SO SO gorgeous!! It reminds me I need to put up some pics of Noah for you girls to see - I do have some on facebook but if i send that link to you all i think it will give away my anonymity!!! Hmm, will see how i can load them for you to see.
    Sherie - I think Noah also has milk rash, it came up last week and was a lot worse in the heat we have had here lately... how long does it usually last for? and is there anything i can do about it?
    Queenie - not long to go... enjoy these weeks as it sounds like you are... I hope you are feeling good!
    I have my 6 wk check up tomorrow - what do they do there at the OB? I am hoping to get the all clar to get back into the pool - i miss it - and after this check up I can also go back to yoga - YAY! I have also just signed up to do 'Big Bellies' personal training - just 1 or 2 days a week and I can take Noah.... I need to get rid of the baby weight and flabbiness and lets face it it aint gonna happen bc of my diet so i better compensate with some exercise LOL
    Noah didnt sleep at all yesterday during the day - except for 1 hour - all thrugh his gymabroo class LOL!!! cheeky guy!

Morning,

Noni I have a plaster kit to do Logans hand and feet prints I may have to get it out and give it ago. We had his hand and foot cast a few weeks ago too. BTW Asha is gorgeous.

Jazmum how was H last night after all that sleep?

Ella sounds like you have had a bit of a tought time latley, I hope it gets better for you soon. You have a great support system in here so dont ever feel like you cant get on and just have a big whinge. Abigail is gorgeous, such a small little thing.

Renee we will just buy Logna something small for christmas, some type of keepsake. He will get spoilt from my family.

Queenie LMAO at you putting a ribon around your boobs.

Arte how nice having your dh's family over, I know what you mean about it leaving you with an unsettled baby though. I am glad we went down to see everyone I couldnt cope with a house full of people.

Sherie good to hear Alister is developing a routine. Thast a pretty good one too. Logan had really bad milk and heat rash the last two weeks, it has just cleared up over the weekend.

The bleeding has slowed down alot here and the bb arent as sore so who knows what is going on. I am not to bothered yet and will go to the Dr if I get concerned. Logan only had half hour sleeps here and there yesterday he was a bit of a mess, although not nearly as bad as I would have imagined. He slept for 6.5 hours last night and is having a sleep now. I think he may have just been unsettled form such a big weekend.

ETA Pregpan at my 6 week check up last week my OB just checked to see that my stitches had healed and did a pap smear.
    Last edited by Ozstar; October 23rd, 2007 at 10:02 AM.

Morning Ladies,

Ella- Its great your back.

Well just a quick one from me as I am at work with heaps to do today. Olivia and Boys went to ped appointment yesterday and all is well. Olivia is 5.6kg. I am a bit depressed today as DH leaves the arvo for Hobart until Sat night about 12am . I already miss him and just a bit worried on how I will cope.

Well I better go and get some work done as it swimming this arvo too.

Hi Girls!

Thanks for all your warm "welcome back's"!! i will do some personals later. i am off to the child health nurse shortly so just have to force-feed abigail the bottle of expressed milk i have in the fridge - figure if i give it to her at the last minute she won't have time to wee it out before the weigh-in - ha ha ha!!

Sherie, glad to hear that i'm not the only one with a small-mouthed baby!! i will definitely look up that thread later on...

It's funny that everyone is saying how petite abigail is - she was born 8lbs 3oz so wasn't particularly small, but because she hasn't been putting on weight it means that she's remained little for a few weeks now - at least she's getting lots of wear out of her 0000 clothes!!

OMG Sherie - you're right - it's the TWW all over again!! (MD do you remember the "vibrating uterus"??) PMSL about the "knicker nazi" - I'd been thinking "hang on, that looks like EWCM - WTF??" except this wait is far more pleasant, less stressful and each day NOT in labour means more sleep have been in bed with the phone and laptop for 2 hrs this morning, just vegging. Only really need to get out of bed to do some washing, get to a lunch date, then to Preggi Bellies tonight. Yay!
    Renee our little furry boy has just crawled under the covers... purr purr.
    Pretty amazing time really - it seems so funny sitting here typing about it when you've all just been through the whole thing!
    Pregpan I'd LOVE to see pics of Noah if you can figure out how to post them... I am on Facebook too but there's that whole anonymity thing heheheheh!!
    YAY on the pants fiting Arte! feeling a bit jealous, I doubt mine will fit for some time after birth!
    Speaking of Christmas etc - I love the catching up with family & friends we do every year but this year there's something extra - a new dimension! How exciting!! You guys with older kids must have so much fun! Pregpan do you celebrate Christmas, Hannukah or both?
    actually let me rephrase that - you guys with older kids must have so much fun but be COMPLETELY BLOODY EXHAUSTED.
    And it's gonna be all of us this year!!!!!! Do you remember our TTC carols, we're going to have to start on Dec 1st this year with lots of baby-related ones!

Queenie, it really does make Christmas fun again when there are kids around. Until we had Lindsay (first grandkid both sides) Christmas was just a day where we sat around eating and drinking far too much and now with kids it's really exciting opening presents and just the anticipation the kids have of the whole thing.

Ella, I can't for the life of me find that thread! I searched where I thought it would be but it wasn't there. I will keep looking for you. I think Miss A looks so petite because she has a really small face and that pic with your DH's hand make it look even daintier.

Leanne, you will do fine! If things start to seem like they are getting on top of you, just don't worry about the housework - it never goes anywhere LOL. Can your Mum come and help out?

Katie, Alister may sleep great at night, but he is down to only one good day sleep (about 2, maybe 3hrs) and the rest of the time he catnaps, which is OK because he's happy enough to sit in his rocker while he's awake.

Pregpan, I'd love to see a pic of Noah. It's really easy to post them to the gallery.

hi everyone
    i created a totsite - it has a few pics from Noah's 1st week...
    the others are all on my other computer so i will do some updates later in the week
    i created the site just for you girls to see him - i feel like he knows you and your bubs already!!!

ETA - oops i should prob put the address www.totsites.com/tot/pregpan

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast