Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #4

Default Babies Born September 2007 #4

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Astrolady -
    [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread can be found here

Aaargh- just lost my post!!

Sooo good to hear all is well with Mbear!

Jazmum - might be one boob is a power boob and more efficient at making and storing - or it could be that one boob is just leakier (muscles more efficient at holding milk in or shooting it out LOL). I wouldn't bother expressing to check, if you want to boost supply on one side just let H feed a little longer or do a couple of feeds in a row starting on that side. TBH most women are sort of lopsided anyway as babies tend to favour one side over the other and feed longer on that side.

Re the clicking - it might be an attachment thing but I understand it's possible for babies just to be clicky feeders sometimes...do you intuitively feel it's a problem or not? The clicking can happen when they start off well attached then drift off during a feed - reattaching can fix that. Also in my experience clicking can mean they are sucking in more air as they feed leading to nasty wind after the feed. Might it be worth getting a MCHN to check your attachment when you're up there next? Sometimes all it takes is tweaking your technique a bit so worth following up if you feel it's going to be a problem.

30mls is the dose for any baby over 4.5kg and up to preschool children size (!) so I think if she takes less than that it's ok. I'm not prepared to get stressed over it so we'll just see how it goes based on how much of that she'll swallow.

thanks sherie and Marydean. I don't think it's a real problem, although the more i focus on it, the more annoyed i get at the sound lol.
    i am feeling incredibly shaky at the moment. My FIl just called me, he's fallen out of a tree and injured himself. My dh is out with the girls, so i've phoned an ambulance from here. It took them ages to answer the phone, and then they were asking heaps of questions that i didn't have answers to. It must be so stressful if you need one for one of your children. I hope i never have to go through that - and hope that noone here ever has to either. I feel a little helpless, because i can't drive up to see him as the capsule is in the other car. Phoned dh on his mobile and he's heading up there now (only 5 minutes away) only problem is he has Jess and Zoe with him. I'm hoping that FIl injuries aren't too bad.
    sorry to off load all of that, but noone else to talk to .

Oh Jazmum you poor thing! Sit down and have a little cry then you will start to feel calmer and then you'll hear more about FIL - do hope it's not serious.
    I agree the ambulance ppl are so calm and they just ask away and you just want to scream down the phone JUST SEND IT ALREADY!!!

Do you have a neighbour or friend closeby with a capsule you could borrow? I'm sure you will feel better once you can see FIL yourself. XXX and

thanks MD. Just phoned DH, the ambulance just arrived apparently, and he reckons he may have broken some ribs. They're taking him to the hospy now. DH's mum is in hospital at the moment with pneumonia, and i think she was due to come home today. What a shemozzle!!!!! I'm calm now. Just didn't like not knowing.

Good to hear the ambos have arrived - though I hope he hasn't done himself too much damage (ribs sounds very ouchy)! Glad you're feeling calmer now - take care of yourself! xxx

I was so busy chatting that I didn't even realise we needed a new thread LOL.

Oh Jaz! what a frightening thing to have happen, at least he was able to get to a phone and call you to help him - even if you didn't have the answers. Make yourself a nice hot cup of tea, have a few biccies and like Marydean said, even a little cry if you want. Having to call an ambulance is my worst fear because we live on a farm, they have that much further to travel to get to you, providing they can even find where you live. We have a 'rural addressing system' that is meant to make it easier for emergency services to find your property, but thus far is doesn't seem to be working so well from what we've heard. We would be quicker to drive to hospital ourselves.

Marydean, how is E going with taking it anyway, any trouble at all?

Well Sherie so far we have managed to get a small amount into E but a lot of it has gone straight down her front LOL. She seems more settled today so maybe it was a false alarm (or keeping her upright after feeds?)...I've been using a syringe but one of the threads talked about a medicine dummy where they suck the dummy but the teat is filled with medicine so they get it that way, will ask at the chemist today.

Ooooh, I might have to look into getting one of those - it's so hard to give babies any type of medicine. At least she is more settled, it would be making you anxious if she wouldn't take it and she was visibly upset kwim?

well today is the first full day of Ash being on the new formula.. shes having nestle nan gold, just the normal one coz thats what the dr has suggested.. seems to be going ok though we did have to go and buy all the other teats again coz i was stupid enough to throw away the newborn ones when we switched formula and the 3mth ones with normal formula sent so much milk into her mouth she was choking and spluttering poor little thing.. thankk god for the baby bonus with all this formula switching and teat buying lol... she also went in her cot for the first time last night.. coz the dr suggested elevating her bedding (as did some of you i think??) i put my body pillow kinda folded into an elbow pillow under the head of the cot matress and put her tetra bed down the other end and its got a slight slope to it.. seems to be going well we are just taking it very easy with putting her in there because i dnt want her to feel rejected or lonly she slept in there between two feeds last night and spent between one with me in bed because she wanted cuddles and shes sleeping in there now seems a bit happier today too... it seems that even though normal formula may cause a problem with chucking (although not so far the other one took about a week to get the projectile vomiting every time) she gets out her wind much easier leaving her happier after feeds so fingers crossed if she starts to chuck its not every time and its happy chucking....
    went out shopping today for some board shorts for dp and i and swimmers for Ash (sooo cute little pink and orange suit with pooh on it with the arms and legs and the zip down the front) because we are going to see my cousins and aunt n uncle tmw and if its a nice day they live right near the beach so that should be nice
    md and sherie - i have seen those med dummies in big W though i wouldnt think they would be successful if the medicine didn't taste good??? not sure though i heard if u squeeze their cheeks together and put the syringe as far back as u can without chocking them and put it in slowly a bit at a time that that works but ive never tried it so not sure... i gave Ash her gripe water on an avent feeding spoon little by little but she did spit some of it out (which i am happy about in heinsight)
    jazmum - hope u had some biccies and are feeling better
    glad to hear mbear is doing well too well i must be off now

Hi Lovely Mummies,

Just crashing your thread to say thanks JaZMum for checking up on me. Thanks for your opinion re my fundal height issue. I am not too concerned now that I have had a few days to think about it, bub is still moving heaps I certainly feel like she has grown, even if my belly is "small" iykwim. Well I only have 7wks until edd!!!! So far I have found this pregnancy much easier on my body and I still feel like I am in my 2nd tri!!! Although I am getting a little tired in the arvos and I am finding it hard to get off the bed and lounge these days.

I hope your FIL is ok too.

Oh yes I have started to have the pre-baby panics, but I am getting my head around my issues.

Hi to MD, Sherie and all the other lovely ladies in this thread. Give your babies cuddles for me.

Good to hear your news BekZ! xx hugs
    Hope you are doing OK Ella - hope the text didn't bother you! Let us know how you are when you are able.
    Had the BEST romantic meal out last night for DH's bday; a lovely evening but DTD triggered mega-BH. (No ulterior motive, honest!!) They'd been getting stronger anyway, but owww. A bit crapped off as I'd quite like to get the TENS machine fired up at times but I only have a certain number of sticky wipe things to attach it with and still a while to go!
    Hope everyone's having a great weekend! I still haven't done the Christmas shopping... (though I did make the cakes )
    Jaz - hope FIL is OK xx

Hi Bek, soon you'll be able to give your own baby cuddles! Gosh it's not long to go now for you. I saw your thread the other day and I completely forgot to get back to it. I would have loved to have the nice compact little belly, but I always got the great heaving ones LOL. Your little princess will be just perfect.

Noni, I'm glad Asha is starting to be more settled for you. Fingers crossed she keeps improving. I rarely sleep Alister in the same place during the day LOL, sometimes he's on my bed, other times he is in his rocker chair, or his bassinette. The swimmers sound so cute! I must admit I am a wee bit jealous of the choice all you 'pink' mums have for clothes this year.

is anyone else having trouble with mozzies at night yet? we get them in our room at night sometimes because our house isn't exactly mozzie proof. I have a netting cover for the bassinette but I can't find it LOL. He hasn't been bitten yet though. Lindsay and Erin are allergic to mozzie bites in a way - once they scratch them they turn into these huge big welts like a 10cent piece. Paige doesn't react like that and I'm hoping Alister doesn't either.

Hi ladies

Noni - thanks for the medicine dummy spotting tip! Sounds like Asha's a bit more settled which must be a relief for you - hope she continues like this. We propped up E's cradle mattress and it was an absolute disaster, she kept rolling sideways and then wriggled right down to the bottom of the cradle (she didn't even have enough room to stretch her legs out) so that was the end of that. I might look out for one of those anti roll-sideways thingies and try again but not without that! Those swimmers sound cute as cute - wish we could pop down to the beach!!

The gaviscon is going down a bit better since I heated it a bit warmer. I got her sucking on her dummy and then poked the syringe head inside the corner of her mouth and most of it's gone down tho she did wear some of it. So it must taste alright.

Bek - sooo pleased to hear from you, not long until you are holding your own baby! I was just thinking of you the other day, must've missed your thread?

Queenie, I got terribly excited when I read about your post-birthday-bonk BH's and jumped up straightaway to check my mobile is fully charged!! You know we're all thinking of you and wishing you the best possible birth! xxx Good for you making the Xmas cakes already, DH threatens to every year but this year he's already gone out and bought umpteen kilos of dried fruit so it looks like it'll actually happen LOL.

Sherie, H has problems with mozzie bites too and I have discovered the best best stuff for it. It's called Paraderm Plus and it's got an antiseptic, an anti-inflammatory and best of all, a touch of local anaesthetic - so it kills the itch and settles the inflammation right down. H welts right up and this works literally overnight - the welt is gone. It's not expensive and totally worth a try.

ETA - i think we are having an attack of the six weeks too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by AnyDream; October 21st, 2007 at 12:19 PM.

HI BekZ - glad your pregnancy is going well.
    noni - hope everything that your trying for little Asha works Hope you got to use the swimsuits today too.
    sherie - Jess usually has a reaction to mozzie bites as well. We have heaps around at the moment, but luckily not biting the girls too much yet. Last year I bought a plug in which worked pretty well, but i was a bit worried about having it turned on all night. (i'm a bit funny with electrical items in the girls rooms)
    Queenie - wonderful that you had such a romantic evening with your dh.
    md - great that you were able to give E her medicine without to much drama.

well FIL is still in hospy - he's broken 4 ribs and punctured his lung. ouchy!!!!!
    Hannah has been quite unsettled today. Just not sleeping, and she isn't a bub who likes to be put down in her rocker. Have been wearing the hab as much as possible, but it's quite exhausting - both physically and mentally. She has been feeding 2 hourly as well today - but i actually think she is crying because she has a pain in the belly. (i knew i should have just thrown the rest of that block of chocolate away!!!)

hello back from a lovely day out... beach was lovely water was cold but it was nice relaxing on the sand Asha has a little tent type bassinet with fly screen someone gave us so she lay in that most the time very cute!!! still doing well with the new formula still bit refluxy but deff less pain n unsettledness so fingers crossed it keeps going!!!!
    how much weight did ppl lose on average in 3 weeks??? dp thinks ive lost too quickly n is a bit worried about my eating patterns i think... ive lost 12kg in 3 wks what do u think???

Hey everyone,

We are home from our big trip and my little man was an angel. I feed him on take off and then he went back to sleep for the rest of the flight. He was so good all weekend, he was getting passed around all weekend but was still a happy little baby. He slept on the flight home too, and without being fed. He is a little grumpy now, but I think he is very tired. Poor Dh is trying to get him to go to sleep and keeps thinking there is something wrong with him cause Logan wont sleep.

Sorry no time for personals, have a suitcase to unpack. Will jump on tomorrow.

Hello ladies,

Bekz- not long to go now
    Queenie- I am jealous of your wonderful dinner with DH. I can not remember the last time I went out for a romantic dinner with dh.
    Jazmum- I am sorry to hear about your FIL. I hope he recovers soon.

Well no news from me. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast