Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #4

hello everyone
    i've just been watching the movie Candy with heath ledger. has anyone seen it? it's quite awful actually. the scene where she gave birth had me bawling my eyes out. it's amazing how you understand so much better, you can empathise a lot more now that you've given birth yourself- even though my birth was nothing like that one but you just can relate more to the roar emotions of it all. i really should be cleaning the house but i'm having such a lazy day. can't be bothered with anything except sitting on the couch with bubs on my lap!

sherie- yes the visitors are all staying at our house! it's gonna be pretty crazy i think. i'm sure a lot of drinking and celebrating will be going on (no drinking for me unfortunately!), but i am looking forward to seeing everyone and them all meeting lewis. i hope he's well behaved for a while!you do have big babies in your family!

agnes- yes i think it was wishful thinking on my part thinking i would get more sleep. i'm just so tired!

md- i hope lewis and ruby are friends forver. they were due on exactly the same day but ruby came one week late and lewis was two weeks late so they ended up being a week apart!

renee- i know everyone has said it but i can't believe how much rory looks like his dad! it's amazing

katie- i know what you mean about feeds feeling like thay take forever, but apparantely it does get better and they get shorter. i can't wait to just pull out the boob for 10 mins and just have it done that quick.

i so so so can't be bothered cleaning the house!! i'm really hoping dp gets home early today and helps me- again, wishful thinking!

has anyone heard from liddle pixie lately?? i wonder how she's going? dp has conceded that i'm allowed to call the next baby scarlett if it's a girl now. he got to name lewis so i'm allowed to name the next one. if lewis was a girl i really wanted to call her scarlett but he wouldn't agree. in the end it was ok cos he came out a boy so the problem was solved! i can't believe i'm talking about the next one already!! i'm clucky again!!! omg!!

Hilarious, isn't it?? MD love the "Labourator": I was calling her the "Inductrix" ROFL! AND just got the news that another dear friend has just had her baby - very exciting indeed. Thanks for the wishes everyone - means a lot. Time will tell!
    Lewis is SO GORGEOUS!! yay!
    darn, now I'll have to go and buy some Lindt for the hospy bag, hee hee...

LOL Gracie!!! Ive been thinking the same Ive decided if we have a girl next its Shyla & for a boy its Fletcher (Fletch). If our DH's picked this time around its only fair!

Cally, I'm going to try to break it to you gently - if you have a slow feeder you may never get to 10 min feeds...! However, as she gets bigger and more alert, you will find that she concentrates a bit more at the business end of the feed so it's over quicker and then you can decide how long you want to let her comfort-suck for (the difference between the two is how much swallowing they do - watch and you will know what I mean). How much does an awning for one window cost? - E's nursery window faces west with no shade so it bakes in the afternoon.

Sherie - did you end up getting a good soaking there? We got over 10 ml here so no complaints from me...just in time for planting my pumpkin seedlings too.

Renee, thanks for asking about the wound - mostly better, I can carry E in the capsule now though can't do too long with her in the sling yet. It still bleeds a bit so I have to go back to dr in a fortnight. How are you healing up? I hope the dr can help with the bowel stuff.

eta I can't believe you are getting clucky again already ladies!!! Gawd we haven't even gottn back to gettin jiggy wid it yet...tho happy to report DH has made his appt with the vet to go and get his little operation done...apparently they can get it done under a general but I'm gonna tell him to take it like a man and have it done under local LOL
    Last edited by AnyDream; October 26th, 2007 at 12:59 PM.

Also - breaking news - seems like the roving PILs up are Wagga way (Sherie wave if you see a very sleek caravan going past won't you) and will be coming to visit us next weekend...!

Will do Marydean! LOL. We did get good rain. We had 16.5mm overnight and have had more today. It wont help the crops at all, but it was nice to know that it still can rain. It will do wonders for the garden though, the water in our dam is quite stagnant and the grass and plants don't grow as well.

LOL at you telling DH to take it like a man. DH is going to make his appointment soon and he is deathly scared of needles. I told him he would need to be knocked out so he wasn't traumatised by watching someone stick a needle in the crown jewels LMAO.

Gosh I hope your wound heals completely soon - then there will be no stopping you and mavis from going out shopping.

Renee, you don't think the bleeding could be AF back? My first AF after having Lindsay was very very different to what AF normally was for me - very heavy and it lasted for nearly a week. I used to have a very light, but very painful AF that lasted 3days (due to endo-ish type problems). Even after having the girls my very first AF was always like that. I think it's just our body getting rid of the last of any remnants from lochia, plus because it's been so long the lining has plenty of time to build up. Because I'm FF this time, I'm prepared for AF to come anyday now too. That pic of Rory laughing is too cute! His whole little face is just lit up.

Gracie, I haven't seen that movie, but I've become a birth snob LOL - I nit pick when I see TV/movie births now. The only one that came close to being real was a UK medical drama show on the ABC. It still makes me teary and emotional to watch a birth, even if it is fake LOL.

Queenie, definately get some Lindt choccies for the first few days when you're in celebration mode and then move back to the cadburys

Yep poor Mavis has been hanging lonely and dejected on a hook in the garage... she's been usurped by Sven, our spunky hunky swedish pram! LOL

Queenie, my workmates bought me this HUGE box of lindor balls and it sustained us through those early days in a way that cadbury just never would!

Gracie you're brave watching a movie like that - I'm strictly in the realm of light and fluffy escape from reality entertainment right now - otherwise i'd just bawl and bawl!

hello all its Ashas one month birthday today haha happy birthday to her...
    this morning i left the room and Asha was on the lounge on her back and when i came back into the room she was on her tummy i didn't think they did that for months??? have to be careful about where i leave her from now on...
    gracie - i have seen it its pretty distressing isn't it how much they show.. and then the whole spasm thing eekk.. dp and i watched it when i was still pregnant bad idea.. dp even cried...

Its bucketing down here, yay my lawn needs a good drenching. Anyone else getting rain? I am surprised Logan is sleeping through all this thunder.

Ooops spoke to soon he is awake lol.
    Last edited by Ozstar; October 26th, 2007 at 03:41 PM.

Happy one month birthday Asha. I didnt think they rolled yet either, was she on an angle or on her arm? Sounds like you have a clever bub.

MD pmsl at telling your dh to take it like a man. Logan is still in 000 at the moment some of it is big and some fits nicely.

Gracie good luck with all the visitors.

Renee the photos are gorgeous, he has beautiful eyes and really looks like his dad.

Arte i was just thinking the other day when would Logan be out of the bassinett, I thought it would be around the 3 month mark. We have started trying to put him in his big cot for day sleeps to get him used to it.

gracie I havent watched that movie, anything with babies or birth scenes makes me cry, more so now that I have been through it. I was shocking when I was pregnant.

Has anyone been watching child in a million? I need to stop watching stuff like that, it always makes me cry and dh ends up laughing at me.

Cally hopefully as she gets older the feeds get quicker. Logan has between 10 and 15 min each side.

The rain has stopped and now it is sticky and warm, yuck! Hopefully we get some more rain tonight.

Arsenic hour has started early - lucky DH is coming home early too

MD - one awning was about $550. I can tell when she comfort sucks, but if I try to pull her off she goes back to strong sucks so I get confused.

We haven't had rain, but its all around us on the radar.

Never seen it,maybe won't now... good to have the warning! We went and saw "Knocked Up" with a friend who was in prelabour - perhaps a gentler movie to see! Though I do remember thinking "oooh, brazilian" during the crowning sequence...
    OK, I am turning into a one-woman wind farm. Noxious gas too, not like it can really be ignored, which is a bugger as the mojo beast has also returned big time. Uncomfortable tummy crampy stuff too, particularly annoying as I also just ate a pile of fruit while making a fruit salad for dessert (including 1/4 of a pineapple, ye gods... literally a crapload) for which I will probably pay later with even more gas and squits. If this continues over the next fortnight I will be farting loudly with every push, a fear I expressed to DH who said quite matter-of-factly "Well, you probably will". Dammit!! So while you all are dealing with newborn poo and fartiness, I'm getting my own practise...
    REnee I'm going to have to show DH tonight - the photos are amazing!!

dp has an interviewy thing tmw morning... i am sorta freaking out coz he does her 2 late night feeds usually n i wake up for the early morning ones n noww i will have to do all of them so he can get enough sleep n wake him up in the morning n help him get ready coz he dosn't wake up to an alarm... its been great having him home but i spose it cld be back to reality time
    ozstar - think she was pretty flat lol idk there must have been some angle or arm or something lol coz i am sure its too early...

cally its aresenic hour early here too!!! maybe something in the air?
    lol queenie what a reassuring dh u have dnt watch the movie atleast till after uve had the bub
    Last edited by *noni*e*; October 26th, 2007 at 04:59 PM.

Its arsenic hour here too, definatly something in the air. Lucky DH is home.

lol u guys are lucky dps not here thankfully ive gotton her to sleep kinda.. but i dare not put her down or else lol....

Noni, I caught E part way through a roll the other day, she arched her head right back and then her shoulders started to follow...have to be careful on the change table! I read in one of my books they can roll inadvertantly from any time now...learning to roll on purpose takes longer! I've been having that back to reality feeling this week too - the big issue in our house is that I want DH to mind E while I take a shower & get myself sorted out (approx half an hour all told) and he wants to leave for work earlier instead. Round one, ding ding...

Queenie - good on you getting that pineapple down - you know what they say about needing to eat a ton for it to help...sounds like you're getting there!

We've got E in a cradle and there's plenty of room in there yet!

Katie no def don't watch that sort of show, just can't cope with all the emotion! We've had a nice downpour this afternoon as well.

does anyone know what side the appendix is on i am having this weird pain in the left where id imagine it to be??
    md - lol makes sense she did it accidently lol i still think shes clever though hehe can't help it

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast