Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #4

pregpan - sorry to hear that you had such a rough night! Little Red was a bit more unsettled and usual last night and i was doing the 1.5 hourly single-sided feeds too!! although she was going back to sleep between them, so it wasn't quite as tiring!! my nipples are still a mess so i think i might go to the GP soon - the lactation consultant said that i may have a staf infection or thrush, so if they didn't heal by tues (just passed) then to go see a Dr. i don't have a regular GP though so have been putting it off... i've never needed to go to a GP since moving to this house so i have no idea where the clinics are around here!!
    i feel guilty after reading all of the things that you do with Noah - i don't give Abigail that many playtime options!! she spends a bit of time in her bouncer, but will only last in it for about 15 mins at a time before she gets bored. the exception is that she likes the sound of the shower so i bring the bouncer into the bathroom when i want a shower and she's happy to sit in it indefinitely! she also spends lots of time in the sling and the baby bjorn... i haven't tried reading a book to her yet - i don't think she'd be remotely interested!! she has had a go on her playgym but gets bored very quickly, and likewise with her mobile in her cradle - happy to watch it for about 2 mins before cracking the ****s!

oh dear, she's started grizzling again - will check in again later!

Hi everyone!

I had a big day out yesterday, firstly I took Alister to clinic and the little chubber has put on 660grams in two weeks! He is now 5.69kg but he doesn't *look* chubby because he is still so long, so he just looks nicely padded. I brought some cute little shirts for him and heaps of bibs (seems like we all are ATM LOL). He was good while we were out shopping, but last night he had the cranky pants on and was really unsettled with pains in the belly. I think it was from getting in and out of the car a lot.

With the hair colour thing, people with red/gingery hair can throw a baby with really dark/black hair and people with black hair can sometimes throw a bloodnut LOL. Alisters hair is really dark brown like his Dad's (all of them have his colouring) but in the sunlight you can see a dark auburn tinge to it. DH's mum and sister have the same hair too, so the kids will more than likely get really dark hair when they are older too. My hair is in pretty good nick still -don't know how long that will last though LOL.

I am really guilty of not doing much at all with Alister while he is awake during the day because if he's happy to sit in his rocker, I will get stuff done around the house. The girls sing to him all the time and play peek-a-boo with him. When Lindsay was a baby and I had more time I would watch playschool and sing the songs with him and do all the hand actions (Insy-winsy spider etc).

With the weight loss, I have lost 2kg since last Tuesday. I do WW at home so I am only using my bathroom scales though so they aren't terribly accurate. Fingers crossed we all keep losing good amounts of weight.

Katie hasn't been on since july, so I really don't know what went on there.

Pregpan, don't read too much into it, it's likely to be either a one-off or you might get a few unsettled days, but sometimes there's just no explanation and then it gets better just as mysteriously. Those are some great play ideas...E isn't quite ready for that level of stimulation yet but I'll remember the balloon one for when we get there!

Arte - do you have a playgym frame you can hang things off (not necc toys, just things with different shapes colours and patterns that you can change frequently for him to look at). I reckon the talking and singing is great too - it doesn't need to make a lot of sense, you can just waffle on about anything, a singsong voice will hold their attention for longer. I used to sing tunes to H with her name as the words (don't have to remember the real words then hahaha). Also useful if they are bored and you really need to get something done is to park them in front of the window (good if there's a bush or something moving in the breeze just outside) or take them outside in the pram. Works a treat!

Noni - H is 9 - she's an all-singing all-dancing sister-entertainer LOL! I can't see the novelty wearing off any time soon either.

Katie - good luck with the Chrissy shopping, I've designated November as the month it's all happening. Better get my thinking cap on!

Queenie - thinking of you hun! xx

ETA- Ella don't EVER feel guilty from comparing what someone else is doing with their bub - different baby different mum different circumstances. E would be an overstimulated mess if I did all the stuff Pregpan is doing at this point in time. But later on when she's ready we'll add a bit more variety depending on what E enjoys and what other activities we've built into our week. The important thing is to do what works for you and it sounds to me like that's what you're doing.

Sherie - well done on your weight loss! Does A enjoy the peek-a-boo...? I've tried it a few times with E but she just looks at me.
    Last edited by AnyDream; October 25th, 2007 at 11:15 AM.

oh my god oh my god! Im sooooooooooooooo excited! I just had to jump on the computer as soon as I could to tell you guys!!

Rory slept from 9:00pm to 5:30am!!!!!!!! I didnt sleep though because I kept checking on him LOL! Gosh, not a peek out of him.

hehe okay Ill read everyone's posts now ive got that out of my system!

Wow Renee, i'm going to be honest here - I AM JEALOUS!!!!!

I hope I dont cop it tonight though haha. I guess we will have to see.

I put him down at 6:00am after his 5:30am feed and its 9:40 and he is still asleep (after a few crys for his dummy)

He is taking 180mls now and last night he completely missed a feed. So if he keeps it up he will be on 5x 180ml feeds a day instead of 6 x 120ml feeds.

Welcome to my world Renee LOL! It's great isn't it? Alister is upping his fees too, but not that much all the time, usually just first thing in the morning.

I have to log off now - huge thunderstorm approaching - fingers crossed we get a shed load of rain!

Ive got everything crossed for you Sherie! I really hope you get some rain.

Yep sending rainstorm vibes your way Sherie - Tanks a lot!! LOL

sherie - hope you get lots of rain!!!
    renee - i am sooo jelous of your sleep lol.. Ash is still only drinking 120mls mostly occassionally she wants more but its so hard to tell sometimes lol ive given it to her before because she seemed to want it but she just spewed it straight back up lol so not sure... i guess Ash is a bit younger sometimes i forget that when i get jelous of the babies doing different things...
    md - thats awesome you have your own entertainer there.. my mum had a baby when i was 9 as well but sadly she was premmie and didn't make it.. i can imagine how much fun hanna is having how special...
    ella - hope u get ur nipple prob sorted

good morning everyone
    pregpan- we have nights like that all the time. for some reason lewis loves being awake between 3am and 5am some mornings. it drives us crazy.
    noni- good luck with ww, let us know how you go!
    sherie- lewis came out with black hair but it's getting lighter and ligther. looks like he may end up a blondie! well done on your weight loss so far
    md- i think november might be my month for xmas shopping too! i wonder what i should get for lewis??
    queenie- thinking of you mate,
    ella- sorry to hear about your nipples. mine went through a bit of a rough stage too but they're a bit better now. bfing really takes perserverence doesn't it?
    renee- i am so jealous of you!! what's your secret?
    hello to everyone else xox

Renee - yes I am officially JEALOUS too!! Hope he keeps it up!
    Sherie - hope you are getting lots of rain!

Thanks all for the reassurance re last night... I know it is normal but it didnt feel it at the time if you know what i mean... I hope it isnt a new pattern... anyway he is having a little nap now so i should log off and get some sleep myself - I am knackered! Just had a friend over which was nice - she has a 4 yr old and a 6 month old so she gave melots of reassurance...

DH and I are going to the movies tonight! Mum is going to look after Noah - I am nervous how it will go but sheis going back to melb on sat so this is our chance and I guess Ihave to get used to having him babysat at some pt - I hope he doesnt give her hell.I have expressed enough for 3 sigle side feeds so that should see her through a couple of hours and I will deal with whatever mood he is in when i get back.. wish me luck.

Ella (and anyone else) - I didnt mean to make you feel bad re the playing - as MD says every bub is diff and so will need diff stimulation - Noah gets upset if I am not doing things with him a lot - i think he gets bored...and I certainly don't do them all in one day - prob more like one or 2 of those activities in any day - lots of talking and singing as he is def calmed by my voice. But if you do want some ideas I do recommend the Baby Play book which was leant to me and gave me good ideas. I also popped him in the bjorn this morning and baked a cake and he liked the movement and watching what was going on - I chatted to him the whole way through like it was a cooking show!

Sherie I just had a look at your gallery, is that Alister in your girls dolls pram? It is adorable, he looks so big. Your girls are gorgeous BTW.

Yes it is LOL! I not long put those pics up. They did that just after lunch the little darlings He loved it though. I think I might have to put the pram away for a while me thinks......

And we did get some rain!!! we got 11.5mm. It was a ripper of a storm too - it's been so long since we had thunder like that.

OMG Sherie that's fantastic - wish my waters'd break that impressively!! no seriously, all's good, just chilling waiting for the cx to either settle down or develop properly as they keep developing a pattern for a few hrs then stopping *does another load of washing, twiddles thumbs and gets back into bed*
    hope everyone else is doing well - sound like you've all been busy in the world of excrement/vom/no sleep! REnee - I want one of yours

sherie- i just had a look at your photos as well, alister is so beautiful. he looks so long, how long is he? looks like he's going to be a big strong boy.
    queenie- officially only one week to go! how exciting

Queenie, you need a really intense low pressure system to come over and break your waters for you LOL. It is so frustrating when you get the stop-starts.

Thanks Gracie , he was 62cm yesterday at his check up so he really doesn't look fat at all. He is going to be a larger kid height-wise I think. People keep telling me his feet are really big too, so I have visions of him having Ian thorpe size feet and I'll never be able to find shoes to fit him LOL. You will have to post some pics of Lewis when you get time!

Renee - that is a great sleep - lets hope he does that a bit more and that you get used to it so you can sleep through!!

Well I went shopping today!! So proud of myself. K was an angel, slept the whole time. Bought her two new books to celebrate (and some more bibs)!

Think she might have a bit of a nappy rash though, her bott is a bit red. Hope that clears up soon.

Pregpan - I will keep an eye out for that book. I don't think there is anything here like Gymbaroo so I probably need some help with ideas and that sounds good. Have fun at the movies.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast