Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #4

Cally, you just reminded me of something. Did anyone get a book for their baby when in hospital? Alister got one as part of a 'babies love books too' program and I don't know if it's just a local thing or national. It was just a board book with fabrics in it they can touch etc.

it makes it so much easier to shop when they are happy to shop with you LOL.

Cally, well done going shopping, soon you'll be buzzing here there and everywhere without even a thought!

I had a real BOOST yesterday actually, DH is back at work and not only did i get H up to school on time I also made it to my appointment on time as well. My hair was done and I didn't even have baby vom on me anywhere LOL...I came home thinking "Hey I can do this"! So now I'm kind of looking forwards to getting out & about whenever I please again.

So, Queenie, is the hospy bag all packed...have you put a box of chocs and a trashy magazine in there (hospital essential supplies IMO)? Capsule in car, sheets in bassinet, battery in camera???...I'm sooooooo EXCITED for you!!

Sherie, naaaah, they're tight here, you only get the books if it's children's book week, ie the week BEFORE E was born LOL! In SA they hand them out to all new babies so SupaB will get a little book bag with half a dozen starter books in it. Lucky for me though, we have millions of books here, I just can't help myself I'm addicted to children's literature!!

Aaaawwww, ripped off then LOL. I wish we got a bag of books. I have a thing for kids books too. I even joined a party plan company seeling kids books so I could get them for free LMAO.

sherie how do i upload photos to my gallery. i've had a try but can't seem to do it!! doh!

Gracie, when you go to the gallery, on the right hand side of the menu bar, there should be a link that says 'upload photos'. From there it is pretty straight forward. have your pics at 400pixels though or they don't upload. You can create an album, but you don't have to to be able to have pics on there.

yah!! i did it. thanks sherie!! take a look at lewis

Gosh he is a cutie! And he has his Daddy's big hands too by the look of it. Fancy him having a girlfriend already though Was Lewis a long bub too?

I had a bad night last night. Alister fell asleep at 4pm yesterday and stayed asleep till 9 when I woke him up. He missed a feed as he normally has one at about 6pm before his last one at 8-9. So I fed him and put him back to bed thinking that he will just sleep through like normal, but he woke up at 2.30!!! and then I again thought that he would sleep till about 8am, but nooooo, he still woke at his normal time of 5.30am. So I am knackered already today LOL. So I guess it wasn't a *bad* night as such but I sure wasn't expecting it. He went back to sleep at 6.30 and is still asleep now in my bed.

I had him laughing last night too. It was quite by accident really. I was mucking around with him when I woke him up and fed him at 9 and I tickled under his arm. He started making this noise and I thought he was just grunting LOL, but when I did it again it was a definate laugh and a huge smile - it was hillarious and me being a bad mum I kept tickling him to keep him laughing but in the end he cracked it with me.

Morning everyone,

Gracie Lewis is gorgeous, I love the shot of him over his dad's shoulder.

MD well done getting out and about on your own.

Sherie we didnt get any books from the hospital. I have asked my mum to buy books for Logan's Christmas present though.

Pregpan how was the movies? What did you see?

I got Logan weighed yesterday he is 4.7kg, over 10 pound. I cant beleive that some women give birth to bubs as big as Logan is now. I had better go and settle Logan is it to hard trying to type with one hand.

Aw Sherie that's so cute!
    OK, I have the FUNNIEST story for you... my BF is in town and we caught up last night. She has a jokey reputation for sending people into labour, based on two hilarious previous experiences, and we were laughing about this. Then halfway through her visit I go to the toilet... and there's a blobby show She was delighted!
    HAve to go and check out Lewis' pic right now! When I'm not sitting on the toilet, that is

queenie- that's awesome news!!!! i'm so excited for you....keep us updated on everything ok...how exciting!!!

sherie- you're right lewis does have his dad's big hands!! everyone comments on that. it's so funny.he was 54cm long at birth, now he is 55.5cm. think he's gonna be a tall one. so cute that you can make alister laugh. i can't wait for that..

katie- yes 10pounds bubs are scarey!!! believe me. lewis was 10pounds 3 at birth. i still can't believe i had such a big baby! apparantely he is in the 97th percentile for size of babies at birth....and i'm only 165cm myself. none of my friends can believe it.

sorry to hear about your bad nights sleep sherie- i was going to ask you today actually what your secret is cos i get woken up at least once if not twice or three times between 12am and 7am. do you think if i fed more often in the late arvo/evenings i might get a better nights sleep? or does it make no difference?

good morning to everyone else..i hope the weather here starts getting better. we have 7 people coming down to visit tomorrow from sydney to meet lewis and staying till sunday. it's the first time his uncle will meet him!

Our babies really are precious aren't they. I love the way Logan lets out little cries as he tries so hard to fight going to sleep, then his little head rolls back and his mouth opens a little as his sleep gets deeper.

We are all so lucky to be blessed with such gorgeous little people. I love being a woman and being able to be pregnant and produce another human life. It is trully an amazing experience.

Ok so can you tell I am a little emotional today lol.

ETA Woo hoo Queenie, not long now!
    Gracie, my hat goes off to you.
    Last edited by Ozstar; October 26th, 2007 at 09:50 AM.

i know what you mean katie. i love just looking at lewis, watching his little facial expressions. i never get sick of looking at him. i feel so so lucky. i love watching him with his dad too, they are so much alike- it's beautiful.

It never ceases to amaze me that I have first *grown* a child and then given birth - it is such a primal and natural thing and it's hard to put into words exactly how I feel, but it's like I've joined a secret club or something kwim? To me though, nothing is quite as special as the very first time, but every other time is still magical.

Gracie, I'm only 168cm tall and three of mine have been quite big - both for weight and length. I never would have though Alister would be as big as what he was though. It's funny though that so many people are in awe of babies so big at birth, especially when I say he was born vaginally. My mum though is only about 155cm tall and all of us were big - I was nearly 10lb, my sister was nearly 11lb and 24inches long (not a single stitch either). Her smallest baby was 8lb and he was 4 weeks early. My other two brothers were nearly 9lb.

With the sleeping thing, I am just lucky I guess - all of mine have been great sleepers and I am thankful everyday for that LOL.

Are any of your friends staying at your place Gracie?

Queenie, I think you should ask your friend to hang around for a few more days LOL. Hopefully though that you don't have to wait too much longer for things to really start.

Katie, Logan is doing really well by the sound of it. There are so many great kids books to choose from these days, we are spoilt for choice.

Gracie, Lewis is a cutie! I suspect you may just need to be patient in your quest for a full nights sleep. My boy is 6 weeks and I am still up 1, 2 or 3 times a night, and your bub is a few weeks younger than some of the others in here. It is normal for him to still be wanting a feed every 3-4 hours. Also I think on average formula bubs sleep a bit better than breastfed bubs as the formula keeps their tummies full a bit longer.

Sherie - Love the Buzzy-bee outfit - Go the Kiwis!

When are they too big for bassinettes? Will sleeps starfish and his little hands go through the gaps in the bars and hang in mid air. Doesn't seem to bother him, and I don't really want to buy a cot as we are hopefully moving in the next couple of months but I am not sure how much longer he is going to fit.

Queenie - Yaaaaay for your visit from the Labourator !! A friend in need is a friend in deed! I can't stand the suspense....! Have you got your names finalised? No panicky last minute change of mind?

Gracie, Lewis is just gorgeous. I have photo of DD1 holding hands with her little (boy)friend who was born on her due date...they are now best of friends even though we have lived in different states their entire lives!

Sherie I'm with you on the bad night, we had an appalling case of breast refusal at I-don't-even-know-what-O-clock it was, E was screaming inconsolably, followed by get ups not even two hourly after that. DH is looking a bit worse for wear this morning too. Might have to get takeaway tonight and sit on the couch and have an early night. Not sure what caused it but I had the tiniest bit of bleeding yesterday so it might have been hormonal...do so hope it's not my period coming back ALREADY!

That's great Alister's laughing, I can't wait! E has started smiling a bit more often, especially in the middle of the night when she is supposed to be SLEEPING! LOL

Katie, what you wrote is beautiful, make sure you copy that down into Logan's baby book!

Well much to my great surprise, the 000 clothes that were swimming on E six weeks ago are now getting rather snug. Will have to go through my 00s today and work out what we're going to need for summer. She weighs over 5 kg now and is 56cm long, she's lost the panda look but still much chubbalubbier than H ever was!

Arte, the Buzzy Bee suit was given to me by another member on here who lives in NZ. I remember the buzzy bee toys from when I was younger so I love it.

My older three were all out of the bassinette by around the 3mth mark when they got too long for it, but I don't think Alister will quite make it to that age. Mine has cloth sides though, so they can't stick their hands through bars or anything. Are you worried he might hurt himself or get his hands caught in it? If not then just leave him in it for a while until he is too long for it.

ETA - Marydean, the way the weather is here ATM I am loathe to buy anything warm in a 00 so I am just making do with that I have in 000. Luckily i have a few suits with no feet in them so they still fit him, and I just put socks on if it's too cool. I'm hoping after this rain we've had that the weather stablises a bit and not this cool one day stinking hot the next thing it's doing lately.
    Last edited by Trillian; October 26th, 2007 at 11:30 AM.

Marydean - Some of Rory's 000 size clothes are getting rather tight too! There are a few that look like they are going to rip open if he flexes a muscle! How is you wound healing???

Gracie - Lewis is sooooo cute! Awww I just want to give him a big cuddle!

Artechim - Rory is getting too big for his bassinette. He is quite long so it wont be long before we will have to put him in his big boy cot. At this stage because they cant sit up, roll etc I think you only need to worry about the length.

Ozstar - Its so true! I have a thing with looking at rory's ear or little finger and thinking 'I created that'. Oh it gets me every time. We are all so lucky. Logan sounds like a very sweet little baby.

Queenie - Whoa!!! How exciting! You sound so cool about it haha. Not long to go now I agree with Marydean you HAVE to take some chocolate with you into hospital (I recommend Lindt) YUM!

Well Ive made my Drs appointment because ive still got the runs, still getting stomach cramps when I eat and ive started bleeding clots after not bleeding bright red for a week now I dont like my body atm.

Oh oh oh I know I say this every time I upload photos but you have to check out the new ones I have uploaded!!! OOHHH so cute! Rory is cacking it laughing at me and I managed to catch it on camera!

He managed to sleep from 9:00pm 3:00am which wasnt as good as the other night but hey Im not complaining!

The weather is all over the place isn't it. Luckily the days we've had to go out have been on the cooler side because (until yesterday) I had no summery tops that didn't make my stomach look huge!

When will the feeds get faster? We are still close to an hour and DD is still falling asleep and letting go, rather than letting go when she's full, or I'm empty. A friend was over the other day with her 4 month old and I swear the feed was over in less than 10 minutes. So jealous.

I think we're in our last week of Bonds 000 wondersuits. The rest of her 000 stuff still fits OK though.

Gracie, I think we went about a month until DD started having longer sleeps overnight (eg feeds at 8 then 2 or 3). She had a few days where she then went through until 8 or 9, but that's stopped now, it's usually 6:30 - 7:30, depending on when her middle of the night feed was.

We didn't get any books in hospital. DH has been buying up Dr Seuss and Mr Men books and that's mainly what we read. Then we have a few other board ones that were presents.

We're getting awnings installed today on DD's window. It faces north and gets all the hot sun so hopefully this will help cool it down.

Queenie, sounds like the signs are pointing the right way for you! Well done on the show.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast