Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #47

Rainy, give the care a try, if you aren't happy with it you can always can it but he will probably love the extra stimulation. Hope you can get in to a doc soon. I have been worried about you since you posted.

Gypsy, love the new name. Am I the only person that hasn't seen Borat??

Nothing happening here, W was back to his normal happy self today - not a tanty in sight. I am hoping they were in part because he was a feeling run down from the bug but I am probably kidding myself lol. I just wasn't expecting it, they started right out of the blue and I have had such an easy run with him it was a rude shock!

Did I tell you I made a pink pavlova for my cousins baby shower a few weeks ago (she had a little girl last friday - Ella Rose) and W took one look at it and called it a 'burnt pancake'! How insulting! It wasn't even that flat and it wasn't burnt at all!

hey everyone,
    ashas been such a handful lately sorry i havnt been posting much! shes always playing on my last nerve grabbing things she knows shes not allowed to have and running off with them laughing! shes getting very tall now so she can reach the kitchen benches and the computer desk and whatever she cant reach she just climbs up and gets anyway grrr!! feel like im losing my mind some days have put her in bed a couple of times this week because shes just such a challenge i cant deal with her.. i feel really bad coz im constantly yelling and losing my temper with her and shes probably just bored u know? would love to put her back in childcare now shes not sick but we cant really afford it maybe i should look into putting her back in just one day a week its sooo hard tho coz i know im not dealing but at the same time i dont really want her in care *sigh*..
    arte - lol burnt pancake hes so clever to think of that, probably not what you wanted to hear tho im sure the pav was great!! glad hes feeling better now!!
    trill - how cute with the singing! i know a 3 year old thats name is charlotte and whenever that song by metro station comes on called shake it.. she sings "shake shake shake shaker charlotte" lol so cute.
    pap - thats awful hope N is better soon!!
    gypsy - dont change the name i think its cool just hope my baby brain dosnt forget who you are hehe!
    rainy - how are you feeling? have u seen a gp yet? fingers crossed its nothing nasty!
    re biting - ashas started biting things when she is frustrated its awful she tries do like rip them apart with her teeth! that and the banging the head against things ugh shes such a handful!!

Noni I KWYM about A being a handful. Missy E has just learnt to clamber up to get just about anything she wants and apart from making sure that everything unsafe/delicate is out of reach (that means in a high cupboard or with a childsafe lock on it), I pretty much leave her to it. I think maybe by chasing and taking things off her she is getting attention for what she is doing, kwim? It might help to get a coupla extra bits of furniture like higher shelves or a cupboard so more stuff is out of sight? It also helps for them to have 'a thing' to play with like the thing you are doing. Eg if you are sweeping, give them the dustpan and brush. If you are on the computer, give them an old keyboard/calculator to play with. Same for telephones, keys, cleaning things, pencils when you are writing, little bucket of pegs when u are doing the washing, etc. But most of all I really think you could do with a day of childcare. I know you say you can't afford it, but really you are only going to get more tired from here on in so I don't think you can afford NOT to, kwim? In my experience, when you are rested and full of energy, you can get by with less money by being more resourceful. xxx Cos it sounds like you are struggling right now.

Arte I am most impressed by your pink pavlova work but cracked right up at the burnt pancake comment! They had some kids talking about their mums on the radio this morning, the announcer asked one little treasure to describe what his mother looked like. Said treasure, "Ummmmm....FAT!" PMSL. Buckle your seatbelts ladies, you're all in for at least a decade of tactless comments from your offspring LOL.

Rainy, how you going this morning? Let us know how you get on at drs. xxx

Hi Girls,

Art- Dont you just love what comes out of kids mouths...lol W is a crack up. And I love Pav bet it was yummy.
    Noni-
    Pap- Hope N is better soon
    Gypsy- Love the new name
    MD- I was thinking of getting a timeout mat myself. Gee my kids would be sitting on it all day..lol

Well DH is home again to our delight. Livi is saying so much she is really growing up fast. I have a couple coming over on the weekend to have a look at my double Mountain buggy to buy and I am thinking should I sell them Livi's cot and the highcares and changetable too. I am a bit sad about it cause I know I am not having anymore babies so that part of my life will be over. Sighs... and if I sell the cot than I will have to buy a bed for liv and not sure if I am ready for that. I know Liv is ready but I am not... hope that makes sense.
    Hello to everyone.

Clare - not many hints about biting control when you can't witness it. Pretty hard to get angry at her hours after the fact!!

Noni - I agree with everything MD said (she's just so sensible LOL!!) DD always wants what we have, but if we give her an old version of it then she's quite happy. We have stuff that she isn't allowed to play with out of reach, anything that is within her grasp is considered to be fair game. If she does get something she shouldn't (like the red pen she drew all over her hands with yesterday) I tend to let her have a little play (under supervision), then ask for it back or try distraction. If we try and grab it she thinks it's a game and runs and hides behind the curtains (so funny, can see her feet underneath and hear her giggling!!) Is your mum still looking after her fortnightly? Does DH give you a break on the weekend, a chance for a lie in or to go for a walk by yourself just to get your head back together?

Leanne - I'm so not ready for putting DD in a big bed!!

Rainy - totally go for the occasional care, I would be going out of my mind if I was in your situation!! DS will love it, he will get so many more experiences and the opportunity to mix with other kids he hasn't seen before. What did the doc say?

MD - I am easier on K than DH is sometimes, but othertimes he is the big softy, kind of depends on the mood we are in.

Arte - I saw a little bit of Borat, don't think you're missing much.

Well it's 2.5 weeks since we saw the nurse and got the referral to the speech pathologist who hasn't contacted us yet. Apparently it can take 4 weeks. Still no words though. I was saying to DH I will be very interested to hear what they recommend we do, everything I see about encouraging kids to talk we do and have done from very early on (reading, describing things, talking about what you are doing etc) Ah well, at least she doesn't tell me I'm FAT!! PMSL!!

Good luck to Clare, L & L tomorrow, hope you get it!!

Leanne, I am so glad I am having another baby - the highchair is sitting collecting dust waiting for me to pack it away. I would be really sad if I wasn't going to be using it again.

MD, insults already flying here - today W rubbed my legs then leaned over for a closer inspection and decleared that I have '*****les'! (I haven't shaved my legs for a while lol)

Noni, I hope you get a break soon. I second what the other girls said - if it is out of limits put it up high, maybe have a 'special' item that she is only allowed sometimes that you can use to exchange when she has something she isn't meant to? Then you can bribe her over to you rather than chasing her?

hi girls!

Noni: i think what MD and arte have mentioned are awesome ideas. we too have a 'special' item that is a 'sometimes' toy. these are her felt tip pens. they come out only every now and then and have a short play time. that and the play dough. although i find the playdough a bit of PITA to be honest.

Arte: nice one W! if only he saw my legs ATM. the boy would be scarred for life LOL!

Cally: exactly. we just cant do anything about the biting. yesterday was a bit free day though so feeling good.

Leanne: hugs sweet. that must be hard parting with the baby goods. i think MD did it a little while back...(at a baby and kids market....).

AFM: feeling really yuk today. AF is here and i think the effect of low iron is having its toll. feel really nauseous and have pounding headache. argh.

but that's enough of my woes LOL!

hi girls, just wanted to let you all know that i'm going for an u/s and blood/urine tests on monday to see if there's anything wrong with me- but i've been feeling a whole lot better today anyway...hopefully it was just a bit of a bug/tired /run-down sort of thing. thanks for all your concern for me guys xoxoxo
    hope everyone has a lovely weekend. lewis is in bed snoozing and me and jimmy are snuggling on the couch watching a chick flick together...dh thought he'd try something different and retire to the garage ROFL

rainy - i'm glad you're feeling better. How scrumptious to be having a snuggle with Jimmy on the couch. I love having sleepy couch cuddles - although i don't seem to get too many anymore

Clare - good luck for tomorrow Hope you're feeling better too.

Cally - i bet Katie is just taking everything in, and then one day she'll open her little mouth and out will come sentences. (i'm sure she won't tell you you're fat lol)

noni - i'm hearing you!! Hannah is the same at the moment. I can take her off the kitchen bench ten times in one minute!!! I find when i'm tired it's harder to cope. Are you able to go out for a walk or visit a park? I know you're probably not feeling like it much at the moment. Have you got a yard for Asha to play in? Hannah loves going outside - there's so much for her to do out there. I hope you're feeling better about things soon

arte - pink pavlova!!! I think i'm going to have to give it a go. I've made 2 pavs in the past 2 weeks! Great that W has given you a break from the tanties today. I find that Hannah finds it so much harder to cope with things when she is teething or unwell.

Trill - that is so funny about A and Poker Face! Hannah joins in with another one of her songs - it goes ' there's nothing else I can say ayay, ayay" I heard her singing the ayay bit when we were in Kmart one day. She also sings the teletubbies song - in tune too!!

Gypsy - I'm lovin' the new name. I've not watched Borat - sorry it just doesn't appeal, in the same way that I think 'Kenny" is a load of $#@$ (pardon the pun lol)

Clare Hunny, sending my best luckiest most abundantalicious vibes for you and L today...got everything crossed for you!!

Leanne - big for selling the baby things. I think you are very brave for letting the cot go...I'm not ready for big girl beds at all.

Cally - I suspect that one day K will just start talking - spectacularly! However the speechie will probably keep an eye on her progress and it's good to have her assessed, they should check her hearing etc as well.

Arte - love your idea of having a bribe item - to swap for the thing you want! That's taken directly out of dog training, isn't it LMAO!

Rainy - go on the girly-movie training! Get in young and you'll have a mumma's boy for life LOL!

JaZaH - H sounds like she's a bit musical. Miss E sings the "Shake shake shake" song too but so far that's the only recognisable song. She sings plenty, we just can't work out what it is LOL.

I'm *shocked* by all the peeps who haven't watched Borat. It's pure comic genius and he satirises all those close-minded bigoted peeps out there that make the world a harder place to live in.

High drama at our house yesterday. Miss E was playing with her pram outside the back door while we were getting H ready to go out for a sleep over, and suddenly she fell over and ??? forensic mystery ??? has managed to somehow rip off her entire ring finger nail...right thru to the nail bed!!! We found the nail (licked over by the dog) afterwards. I rang that 24 hour health line and they said take her to emergency so they can suture the nail back on (**** I went to pieces - total failure to cope ) so in the end we took her to the GP who said no don't do anything it will grow back. So everyone say a prayer right now that it grows back and looks like a normal pretty nail for my darling beautiful Elisabetta. Even now I can't stand to google it to make sure what the dr said is right so I'm just gonna take a little journey of faith on that one. She was very upset last night, but I've got a wicked finger-bandaiding technique LOL and she was happy enough to have hot chippies for tea after the doctors.

oohhh poor little E's fingernail...i'm sure it'll be fine. these things usually grow back i think- like horse's hooves they repair themselves hopefully!
    i loooove borat, i honestly think it's one of the funniest films i've ever seen. i think dh is going to have some sort of fit when he's watching it as he laughs so hard that it looks like it hurts him.

Hi everyone!

didn't posted yesterday - had a dentist appt cause I had some sensitivity and 3 x-rays, 2 fillings and 1 extraction later I was out of there. It was soooooo sore. Apparently I grind my teeth which was causing the sensitivity and it was just on my lower right side, so I had the two molars filled (small fillings which I sort of suspected) and the wisdom tooth pulled out. I have to go back and have the top two pulled out too as they are pushing my other teeth forward. And thank god for PHI too, the amount I was charged was rather scary but PHI paid for 100% of the xrays, and checkup and 85% of the rest. Feeling pretty good today, but just a bit tender if I open my mouth wide.

G, glad to hear you are feeling a bit better, fingers crossed it was only a bug.

MD, Remember me saying that Alister lost his fingernail last year after getting it jammed? Well it grew back perfectly and you would never know he lost it. It will be terribly unsightly for a fair while, but it will grow back good as new.

Be back later for more personals.

Trill thanks for reminding me about A's nail, I had clean forgot. Hope your mouth is feeling much better today, yay for getting it all sorted in one big hit!

Rainy, LOL at what your DH looks like when he's watching Borat. That's exactly how I feel when I watch it so I prolly look like I'm about to have a fit too. LOL

I'm really back on cos I can't stand the suspense of finding out how Clare and DH went today. (*holds breath*).

hi everyone

Md - poor little Miss E, and her poor poor mummy!!

I'm having an incredibly down day today. I was sitting waiting to go in for my signature facial, and i got a call from one of the mums at school. Jess's Prep teacher passed away last night. She had been receiving chemo for secondary's from a melanoma- but it had spread to her lungs. It was all very sudden. I keep thinking about her 12 year old daughter. I was worried about telling the girls, but the way they deal with things is so different. Jess was just wondering how the daughter will get home from school now.
    Anyway, sorry for being a downer, just so upset.

Mother's Day tomorrow. Jess and Zoe are so excited. I love my kids.

Oh no Jaz, thats so sad

She was only young too Trill - about 39. I'm off for a skin check as soon as i can get in.

Oh that is so sad Jaz.

Just jumping on to give a big hug to jaz!!
    Happy mothers day for tmw beautiful mummas!!

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast