Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #47

Hi girls!

MM: ooooh ahhhh, MIL dramas are so yuk. i like the idea of ringing for a chat about M then slipping in the invite, but, otherwise i would get DH to call. just say to him: 'can you give your mum a call and see if she wants to come to the bbq?' or something like that. keep it really casual with the both of them so that neither have to feel defensive or put out.

Sherie: good luck with the IUD removal. try and spoil yourself afterwards with something yummy!

MD: oooh I cannae stand it when i get a sty! they are so frikkin' annoying (and not to mention glamorous!).

Kate: have a great time! I AM SOO JEALOUS! i think she will be fine on the UHT if she likes the long life. i think it is all much of a muchness.

oops gotta go bbl

xx

MD- I know! When, when? This morning u r free? Ha ha feel like a drive? Lol. I only have one thing to do today + that's bake 50 mini muffins to make up 100 (rest already freezered) for my friends 21st 2moro nite.we r also going to melb for design ex next week. So its busy stations... Oh and I have assignment due tues, haven't looked at it yet. Heee.oh by the way I would love to c your sty.

Sherie-ouchie on the IUD is that what I think it is? Contraceptive that stays there for 5 yrs? Or am I barking up the wrong tree.

AFM-i cannot believe I am still in bed. T is still in hers and prolly fallen asleep coz I didn't go + get her. Am I bad? I have just been so tired. Its nice in here.. Oh she has just started calling out....

Rainy I got my parcel today. Thank you sooo soooos soo much. I am about to sit down with some lunch and start reading.

Noni - well done to DH on his payrise, that's awesome!!

We got our immunisation allowance yesterday which was a nice little surprise!

MD - I think it helps that we are in a good size but still rural area that has the services but isn't flat out with them (ie speechies). They said it could still take a month to get in though. Ohhh, yucky sty!

Trill - good luck with the IUD removal

Clare - YAY for finding your cat, that would have been so good. Hope your iron levels get better soon.

PAP - have a wonderful time in Bali

Kate - so jealous of you and Fiji!

Well K's first haircut went very well. I had bought a pack of Dinosaurs to stuff into her mouth to keep her quiet but didn't end up giving her to them until the end - she was so good. Then we went and had a babycino, it was the size of a normal cappucino - so much froth!

This morning we went for a boat trip up the river with Poppy - she had so much fun. We saw fish jumping out of the water and went under two bridges and saw lots of other boats. She looked so little rugged up in a parka and a life jacket!

Sorry girls for my incredibly selfish post yesterday!!! Thanks for your suggestions, I am so going to call her myself this weekend & put an end to it all. Felt so down about it yesterday & like MD said, lifes too short for this!

Oz - Teach me how to take beautiful photos of M like you do with L! Those pics you added on FB today are gorgeous!

Cally - Yay glad the haircut went smoothly. I cant wait for full blown winter when we can rug them right up, love winter clothes on kids.

Supa - Enjoy the sleep in while you can! If T is not kicking up a fuss dont worry!

Kate - Have an awesome holiday in Fiji, we are all so jealous as you can see. Enjoy your time.

MD - BUMMER - did you manage to re schedule it for next week or so?

Trill - What, I have missed something here, what are you getting out? I dont think it was a blind pimple, it could be a sty though. May have to have it looked at next wk.

Leemar - The aqua circuit sounds great, I really need to get back into exercise too. Its probably a combination of both that makes you love it, being the exercise, doing something positive for your body & yourself, teamed with kid free time. Oh yeah!!!

PAP - When do you leave or have you gone already?

Clare - I can so understand your wanting to wait & get 100% healthy, very wise decision. I'm sure you will know when the time is right.

So was planning on having a slumperdinker day at home today, but then my gf rang & said lets go shopping. Window shopping, I said, as I am trying not to spend. Yeah right!!! Bought new bikini bottoms & knickers & bras in cotton on body & bought a billabong beanie for M. So looks like I'll be using my new purchases tonight to suck up to DH so I dont get busted LMAO! (& I want a bub shhh hahaha)

MM, lol about your secret purchases! I was thinking about daredevil Maddie the other day - we were at a playground and W walked up a ramp to a tower that was about 90cm high and then wanted my hand to turn around and carefully climb back down. He is so cautious! Hope you get the MIL thing sorted, it can be such a drag.

I have been reading and replying in my head and now I can't remember what I have actually said.

MD, bummer about the sty, I get them when I don't get enough sleep.

Trill, good luck. Do you have to have an anesthetic for that?

Cally, boating is heaps of fun isn't it! We drove past our usual launching spot a few weeks ago and W cried because we didn't have the boat and we told him we would bring it next time, then he spent the rest of the trip saying 'bring boat' every time he glimpsed the water. He absolutely loves it.

Rainy, did you get in to see a doc about Jimmy? I hope you can sort something out soon, sound horrible for everyone.

For 2nd birthdays, I doubt we will do much because I am due to have a baby 4 days before W's birthday.

The anticipated trauma of getting W into his own bed was way off the mark - we tried a day sleep in the just before we came to mums, then that night at bed time he said 'William bed' and pointed to his bedroom so I went with it. I thought he might have forgotten by the time we got back from mums but both nights since he has asked for his bed. He gets to have a special pillow in there (ie a pillow, he didn't have one in our bed) and DH and I made a huge deal when he woke up there the first morning. Now I just have to get me out of his bed....

Sorry I have missed heaps of people, I have been so rushed this week, I don't know how single parents cope. DH gets back tomorrow night which will be good.

(this is a quote from MM's post - )Trill - What, I have missed something here, what are you getting out? I dont think it was a blind pimple, it could be a sty though. May have to have it looked at next wk.

Mm - I had to re-read this part of your post a couple of times - I thought you were asking Trill if she was having a blind pimple taken out!!! (gave me a giggle anyway) - not much fun for you though Trill.

Trill - hope everything goes ok

Kate - hope you got heaps of bras to take to Fiji - have a superdooper time!

Arte - when i first read your post I thought you said William walke up a 90meter high ramp!! I was thinking $#@% that's high!!

Cally - the boat trip sounds lovely.

Hi to everyone else too
    Last edited by Patooties; April 25th, 2009 at 01:01 PM.

Morning all!

Everything went well yesterday, even though it was 6.30pm by the time I got in!!! He was running sooo late it wasn't funny. So too many fanny's then I suppose MD ROFL! But I woke up just after 7pm and I was allowed to go by 8, so not too bad. Poor DH though, he had to wait all that time with Alister and keep him entertained, but they both survived. One thing that was really bad about the waiting was that when I was in the pre-op waiting room they did 5 circumcisions on these tiny little babies and OMG the crying they did! I was so glad that I never did it to my boys - no offence to anyone who has done it but it was just awful to have to listen to it. So today I feel great - very little bleeding and only a bit of cramping last night while I was still in recovery (yep Arte, was done under a GA) but it went away by the time we left. So happy to know that it's out though because I had just started to bleed again on Wed, after it being only 3 weeks since the end of the last bleed which lasted a full 2 weeks.

JaZaH sorry I am PMSL cos after Trill's post it sounds like she went to the fanny doctor to have a blind pimple removed from her hoohaa. (...it was her IUD getting removed JaZ ).

Then I read
    Arte - when i first read your post I thought you said William walke up a 90meter high ramp!! I was thinking $#@% that's high!!
    and now I'm wetting myself, you were terminally confused yesterday!!

MM - I love that you went from Slumpadinka to shopping for underwear in the space of a phone call! Well done!!

Trill, even tho it sounds like you're feeling ok, make sure you rest a bit extra, your body needs it, ok hun?

Clare, have you had to dig your front path out from under snow yet? LOL We've had rain glorious rain, must say I'm missing the Canberry snow...just a teensy bit.

Arte sounds like you're well on the way to independent bed sleeping. Well done! I was surprised with DD1 what a big deal it wasn't. She was just dead proud to have her own big girl bed (...tho she was a bit older then).

Cally what are dinosaur's? OMG I am so fricking clueless when it comes to toddler treats! Well done on the haircut, Missy E screamed until she saw DD1 sitting in the next chair getting hers done too.

Supa - well in the end my DSM got over her eye freakiness and we rushed out to meet the olds for some cafe lunch. It was just DD1 and me so DD1 got a bit more grandparent attention without MIssy E there. Sounds like you will be busy (like me) next week so maybe the week after that. Your design expo sounds EXCITING! Sorry luv you have missed the sty, it popped yesterday afternoon (YAY - feels so much better).

Just met some parents of one of DD1's new friends, OMG they are LOVELY...thanking my lucky stars (again) DD1 is soooo happy here. There is also an as yet unexplored connection with the bellydancing & bollywood world (!!) so I could be SET for my bollywood classes later this year! (*hums a coupla bars of Jai HO!*)

Did anyone see the thread about the Happiest Toddler on the Block? I looked up Harvey Karp and have ordered his book and DVD from my fabulous local library. He looks like a total LUNATIC (in a good way LOL) so I will keep y'all informed.

Md - i'm giggling again!!! The first part of my post was supposed to be (laughing again!!) a quote from MM's post, but i don't know how to quote yet.
    i can't blame preggy brain or anything either!!
    That is wonderful news that Miss H has found a lovely friend - and nice parents too is an added bonus I haven't heard about Harvey Karp, so I can't wait for you to share some techniques.

MD - Dinosaurs are one of the Natural Confectionary Company lollies. DH had his haircut at the same time as DD so that would have helped a lot.

Trill - glad it all went so well.

I made chocolate cheesecake brownies yesterday. They were supposed to cook in 1hr 15mins - it took 2 hours!! DH was salivating over the oven - gosh they are good though.

I can't believe everyone is moving bubs into big beds!! They are growing up so much. Won't be happening here for a while, mainly because I want to keep DD in her sleeping bags over the cold winter!

Hey girls!

well i am a soccer widow today and DD is asleep so GUESS where i am LOL!!! man, i am such a BB addict...

Jaz: yeah it took me AGES to work out how to quote. all you have to do is hit the quote tab under the person's post then you just keep the part of the post that you want to quote. man i hope that makes sense LOL!

Cally: yeah we are still in a cot too. mostly cause Leila just sleeps so well ATM and i dont have any little one on the way yet. BUT my friend moved her son into his bed the other month and because he was soo attached to the sleeping bag she had to put it on him. the next morning she caught him hopping down the hallway towards their room LOL! so i guess they work out a way to get around!

MD: oooh i do recognise the name Harvey Karp...where from, where from????

Sherie: wow, i didnt realise that those IUDs needed to be GA type removal. wow. i guess now that i think of the practicalities of putting one in and out i totally get it. hope you are feeling good now. and i that this may help with the irregular cycles. it must be really tiring.

MM: yeah when i went shopping at this massive baby store and a CR outlet the other day i had to do BIG time sucking up to DH LOL! all in my head, but still DH wasnt complaining having a lovey dovey wife for a couple of hours LOL!
    WTG on the shopping items! we have just had a simone perelle outlet open up down the road and i am pretty keen to get in there. i soooo need an overhaul.

Rainy: where are you girl? i hope that lil' jimmy is being given some answers re the possible silent reflux.

Arte: WTG with W in the Big Bed. what a champ! hopefully this will be a lovely transition for him and you to prepare for the new bub.

AFM: all good here. we WILL be making an offer on a house next week. YAY! I am not holding my breath as i have *sneaking* suspicions that they are taking us for a ride re the expected sale price. but hey, why not. love the house and have done a norti and fallen in love with it. not helped by the fact today that we visited the local village area and met a spunky stay at home dad called Jurgen and his gorgeous girl that is only 4 days older than leila. and man did those two play like there was no tomorrow. i think there were many couples in that cafe that went home and decided to make babies after seeing how cute they were today .

i think there were many couples in that cafe that went home and decided to make babies after seeing how cute they were today
    So is that a clue as to what you're doing tonight? LOL. How awesome you are putting an offer on the house. I say let them think they have you swindled and then play hardball.

I hope G pops in too to let us know how she went at the Dr's with Jimmy.

Cally, we aren't making the move to a big bed yet either - its the only way I can keep him a baby for longer And don't worry about the speechie, it's just an assessment and she will more than likely say there isn't an issue but if there does happen to be one, you are onto it now and not later kwim?

Arte, I bet Will was sooo happy to see his Dad come home again. I wish Alister had a little bit of Will's cautious-ness LOL.

MD, I'm so happy for H that she has such a good friend and a double bonus that her parents are lovely too. It makes the transition to teen years so much better if they have solid friendships.

H, I hope it goes well with the invite. I think its a combination of your MIL wanting to be sure you want her there etc but at the same time she can't help but add a touch of narkiness as well just to make you feel good about yourself

LMAO Jaz, I sure don't want one of them down there!

You don't normally have to have the IUD removed under a GA - there are supposed to be 2 strings that are left inside your vagina so that your Gyno/GP can insert a speculum (like for a pap smear) and can grab them and pull them out when it needs to be removed, and you are supposed to be able to feel them in there yourself, but I was never able to feel mine, so it was a combination of him cutting them too short to start with and also that the blasted thing moved further into my uterus, thus drawing what there was of the strings into the uterus as well. So I had to have a D&C to dilate the cervix so they could get in there and get it out along with the scar tissue that had formed around it. All I can say is I'm glad the baby making days are over for me or I shudder to think how much harder it would be now with scar tissue in there.

And yes, I am having a somewhat lazy day. DH took the older 3 down to the anzac service to march and they will be gone a few hours. Alister is in bed as he is still tired from yesterday so I will have loads of time to myself so I will veg on here for a bit and then do a bit of cross stitch I think

hi gorgeouses
    just quickly as we have dh's bro and his gf here from syd for weekend but wanted to update you all on jimmy. after visits to gp and mchn- then referall to peadetrician-we have been prescribed zantac-so far it's working wonders xoxoxo

Rainy so pleased to hear it...just make sure you can work out how to increase the dose correctly as he gets bigger because it is very dose-sensitive, KWIM?

just a quick one before i catch up ... spent the afternoon at the hosp with jack ... boys had been awefully quiet then jack started howling ... got up to find alex with the tin of dog food (yes i must admit he had eaten some) then i saw blood dripping on the floor under jack ... took him to the sink to wash his finger & saw that he had gashed it so wrapped it in papertowel & threw together a nappy bag & went to the hosp arriving at 3pm ... the triage nurse saw us, & cleaned it to which Jack just sat there & didn't budge, & put some thin bandages around it & said that there is going to be a long wait for stitches as there has been a car accident & that if i wanted to leave it there was a slight chance it would heal with them bandages on ... so i decided we'd go get something to eat & come back ... so went to iga & got some bottled water & snacks, went to big w & got some colouring in books, crayons & bob toys, then to kfc & back to the hosp where we w8d till after 7 ... in the meantime we saw the air ambulance (helicopter) take off to which the boys, esp alex, loved watching ... the dr saw us & put glue on it then a waterproof cover on it ... Jack was so brave ... i have a good stomach for blood & guts but i couldn't look at his finger, it was so fleshy!, prob cos it was my child too ... we left the hosp at 7.30 ... exhausted!!

catch up on personals in the next few days xox

Gee it's quiet in here today.

OMG my heart went into my mouth when I read your post Andie...thank goodness J is ok. Poor little thing, those dog food cans are the nastiest thing, I have a big scar on my thumb. I hope you got a good sleep last night and are feeling on top of everything today.

Trill how are you feeling today?

Ooops gotta go, the sun just peeked out from behind the clouds so I'm gonna run out and quickly plant the rest of my seedlings before it starts raining again!!!

MD I am feeling great today, thanks for asking I am wondering how YOU are feeling though today and I'm dying to know what you've got planned by way of a send off for the lumpy-bumpy-bits tomorrow. What time do you have to be there?

Oh no Andie, the poor little boy! It's awful to look at isn't it? I remember a few years back when Lindsay cut one of his toes and I'm cleaning it and then said to DH, I think it's gonna need stitches, then turn away and dry retched LOL. I'm like you - good with most stuff but yeah, that type of injury gets me everytime. You know it's not a bad idea what you did with buying the stuff - I might do a little package like that just for emergencies and leave it in the car. Gee even with waiting to see a Dr or something it would be a bonus.

G, awesome to hear that the zantac is working. I bet he's a completely different baby now.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast