Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #5

Well the needles went fine. He was alseep when the gave him the oral stuff and he woke up when they gave him the first needle, he had a little cry and a bigger cry with the 3rd more painful needle but was fine as soon as I cuddled him. I have uploaded a pic to the gallery I just took. He is as happy as Larry and you wouldnt even know he had been jabbed in the leg 3 times. For those who havent had needles done- dont worry to much, I dont think it is anywhere near as bad as people say.

Marydean those quotes are beautiful, I might have to put some in Logans scrapbbok too. Glad the Dr gave you the ok.

Jazmum I hope Hannah is ok and has a very speedy recovery. I dread the day Logan isnt well. How long until DH is home? Sounds like you are doing a fab job on your own.

Hayley sounds like speaking up has kicked your DH's bum into gear, good on you. My DH always said he wouldnt change nappies but the midwives had him doing in hospital so he is fine with it now.

Jazmum, with the urine sample there's this collection pad thingy you can put in their nappy, they should be able to give you one at the drs.

Jazmum - good luck on getting the urine sample, maybe some no nappy playtime with you closely supervising with a container in hand, ready to lurch in at a second's notice!!

Hayley - I put K in the bassinette and rock her to sleep. She sometimes does a little bit of grizzling, but generally falls asleep pretty quickly. DH is pretty good at changing nappes, although he does tend not to do them up tight enough, so she gets a bit of a Larry Lowpants look!

Marydean - hope the tum heals itself soon, you sure have had a run of bad luck down there.

Well I've just had another go at the thank you cards. Have given up trying to think of personalised things for each of the gifts, would have been there for months if I'd been doing that. Have done all of my side (eg family and friends), now there is just DH's side to go through. We got heaps of things from people at his work that I don't know so I want him to do the cards, but not sure how I'll go with that!

We just ignored the door last night. Didn't have any lollies and it was easier than trying to explain that to the kiddies. Saw a few wandering around while I was out walking - dressed in their school uniforms!

Hello all! I'm about, but too busy LOL. I have read up on the last few pages - gosh it was busy in here yesterday. I will be back later for personals.

hi all!! three pages since yesterday - crazy!! can only remember a few personals!!

leanne - well done on your 0.2kg loss - as noni says - anything is good as long as it's in the right direction!! i had my first weigh-in yesterday. i was wearing a cardigan and my glasses and my watch - if i'm getting desperate to boost my weight loss figures i guess i can always take my cardigan off next time or wear my contact lenses or remove my watch - ha ha ha!!
    i must say, i felt very left out in the meeting though - i was the youngest by at least 15 years and the slimmest by at least 10kgs - i felt like that they were all looking at me saying "why are you here? you don't need to lose weight" - but i'm still 8kgs over my pre-pregnancy weight, and i want to get my figure back ASAP!! if i'm still feeling a little left out next week i might move to another meeting venue where the demographic is likely to have more young mums rather than retirees...

renee - back at work already - how many days a week are you working? you're not back at your old job where they didn't treat you too crash hot are you?

queenie - glad to hear there is more pink action at your station!! very exciting!!

well, abigail had her weigh-in with the nurse this morning. she has put on 435g in the last 9 days!! i knew she was a little piggy!! it all seems so silly now that they were in such a tizz that she wasn't putting on enough weight two weeks ago - all that worry for nothing...

cally - i am meant to be doing the thank-you cards now - oops!! no point starting now though because abigail will be awake and wanting to be fed any time now...

sorry, i can't remember enough for anymore personals - my brain is mush!!

JaZmum - It was a little hard to get into the swing of things. The phone rang when I got into work and I thought 'oh crumbs what do I do' lol haha. Im just doing bits and pieces at the moment, nothing too hard Gosh I hope Hannah gets better real soon. Poor darling, I couldnt imagine anything worse. Give her a bug cuddle from all of us. I thought you could use the baby panadole at her age???

Ella - Im only working one day a week while mum has Rory. Yep I am back where I was before but one of my good friends works there so I have someone to gossip with. And my boss who I didnt get along with doesnt come in the office anymore. Its quite relax now. Good $$ too which is what I need before Christmas.

Ozstar - Glad Logan was okay after his needles. What a little trooper!

Marydean - Gawwwd your giving us all a fright! Please take care. How are you feeling after taking your meds?
    Last edited by reneenay; November 1st, 2007 at 02:51 PM.

hi all - sorry have been quite absent the last week or so - i have been trying to read and catch up on what is going on but things have been busy around here so i havent been posting! it sounds like for the most part all bubs are going well - as is Noah. Had 6 wk check ups this week and he is putting on weight like a champ - he is up to 5.22kg now, 2 kg since birth!! There must be a LOT of calories in my breastmilk LOL! he is going great - smiling a lot, starting to play w his toys more etc etc (well hit at the rattles on the play mat anyway!). My mum went back to melbourne on saturday - which was sad in a way but it is also ok for us 3 to have our space. we hae friends coming to see us this weekend and then the ILs next weekend so space is at a premium... (I think it was Gracie - I dont know how you handled all those houseguests!).
    MD - what a scare with your sore tum but glad it turned out to be nothing too concerning. E is gorgeous btw. absolute stunner.
    Renee - cant believe you are back at work!!! i think u were v contained to call home so few times... you have it all under control dont you!!
    Sherie - YAY on the car arriving!!
    Ella - so so so so glad that Abigail is doing so well now. Brilliant mum!!
    Hayley - welcome, sounds like u are doing a wonderful job with Maddie (and I LOVE her name, one of my faces)
    Hi to everyone else - all othe rinfo has been washed out of my brain with the breastmilk!! LOL!!

Anyway the main reason i logged on was to give QUEENIE massive Labour Vibes - well the vibes are massive not hoping the labour is LOL - Am thinking of you and cant wait to see the news sometime soon... you are going to do SO well i just know it and then our baby crop will be complete!

(To the meter of the Man from Snowy River)
    There was movement at the station, for the word had passed around
    That the oogy mucus plug still comes away
    Contractions come and go, as do toilet trips (oh no!)
    But I don't think I'll be giving birth today!

OooOO Congratulations Queenie, 40 weeks pregnant!!! Lots of labour vibes coming your way ~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ <--------Labour vibes How are you feeling??

My MIL has just returned from her trip to Dubai, Scotland & England today and let me tell you Rory is one spoilt little boy haha
    Last edited by reneenay; November 1st, 2007 at 05:50 PM.

sorry ive been on a few times but each time she starts grizzling lol.. not much time for personals just wanted to get on and see how everyone was...
    my dads friend had their baby girl on wednesday.. they were induced tues morning and had c sect wed morn??? i have no idea why they waited so long?? bubs was born not breathing and it took a few minutes but she is doing well now and was expected to come out of nicu today... gosh once youve been through labour and birth you just feel such empathy dont you?? i mean i have been feeling a bit funny about my own birth because of her heart decels being really scary and then they go through something like that... i gave Asha huge cuddles after hearing it i just felt so strange... hoping to hear shes still doing well sometime asap...

Noni - I know it so makes you appreciate your baby and their health doesnt it. Maddie was having trouble breathing when she was born, she had swallowed meconium. It was the scariest 5 minutes ever.

Queenie - Not long to to go now, bubs will be here before you know it. Until then get as much sleep as you can!

Pregpan - Thanks! Out of interest today I googled Madeline Ava and was suprised to see that quite a few other people were contemplating the exact same name for their baby - bummer it sounds selfish but I want her to be the only Madeline Ava hahaha! Good to hear little Noah is all on track.

Morning everyone.

DD slept from 9:30 through until 5:30, had a quick (40min) feed and is still asleep now! Unfortunately I woke at 3:30 wondering why she wasn't hungry yet and couldn't get back to sleep for an hour - combination of expecting her to wake at any time and my rock solid boobies!!

Once she wakes this morning, we're going to head into town and MIL will watch her while I do the groceries (first time since she was born) then we're going to have lunch.

Renee - My PIL went to Dubai, Scotland and England a few months ago too! Well done on getting through your first day back at work.

Pregpan - that is a huge weight gain! I'm excited about how much DD has grown and she hasn't yet put on a kg since birth (she did loose a lot in hospital though)

Ella - lol at taking off your glasses to lose some more weight!!

good morning everyone - hope you all had a lovely sleep.
    Cally- sounds like you had a great night - other than waking at 3:30. It's hard to sleep comfortably with rock hard boobs isn't it!!!
    Hannah is much better today. Her high temp has gone and her nose isn't running as much. Marydean- the doc gave me one of those pad things to put in her nappy, so i'm going to give that a go today. Don't like my chances of getting in the actual bag though.
    H hasn't done a poo since Wednesday morning. I'm getting a little concerned, but the doc said that some babies go a whole week without doing a poo!!! I'm used to Hannah doing at least one explosive poo every day. (she is fluffing alot though)
    have a great day!!

good morning everyone- can't type properly- baby on my boob right now. lewis wants to feed so often atm it's actually starting to drive me crazy. is anyone going through this? he would feed every hour i reckon if i let him.
    well done all you ww girls on your weight loss. i'm getting jealous. i still need to lose another 10kg. maybe i should start thinking about doing someting.....oh well, hope you all have a lovely day- especially you queenie!

thanks Gracie, yup, just had a lovely morning in my fave cafe (again) with a book! Had the first (and hopefully only) postdate CTG which was (surprise surprise) absolutely fine. The midwives were just lovely and DH popped in from work too to have a look at his little one's trace - he had a huge smile on his face.
    Renee, feeling alternately excited and just plain bored now with flashes of despondency - you know how it is!! Have ALMOST accepted the inevitability of motherhood (yeah, 9 months too late LOL) now and am feeling OK. Got two great sleeps in the last 2 days which definitely helps!
    MD - every time I get worried about the birth/bonding/etc all I now have to do is think of that pic of you, DH & E post-caesar and I feel so much better xxx thank you so much for sharing that with us...
    Jaz - hope H gets better soon - how nerveracking but I'm sure she'll be fine!
    Hayley - on the nappy front: in our house I do the cooking, DH deals with the washing up. You could definitely use the same logic with breastfeeding given that you're supplying the meals - he therefore has to clean up!!
    Ella, dunno if I told you this earlier but I only EVER weigh myself first thing in the morning before breakfast, starkers and AFTER a poo/wee so I think your glasses removal sounds entirely legit!! (Dunno how they'd take my weighing technique at WW though )
    Last edited by Queenie; November 2nd, 2007 at 11:40 AM.

Hi All,

Firstly Queenie I am sending you heaps of labour vibes.

Well Olivia had her needles yesterday and was pretty unsettled all day. However she went to bed about 8.00pm last night and didnt wake for a feed until 4.45 this morning. Oh I hope she does that again tonight.

Fianne- Yes I do leave her dummy in while sleeping, she usually spits it out while asleep.
    Trick or Treaters- Well we dont go and do it but we had 2 boys first knocking at the door with face maskes on and absoutley scared my boys (they were screaming) the boys at the door realised how scared my boys were and took off their masks to let them see they were not so scary however my boys still have not recovered from it. All night they kept watching the door (we have windows either side of the door) and were really fightened. Jordy ended up sleeping with us. And still today they are going on about the boys the door. I didnt really know that 2 yearolds would be so fightened. I hope they recover soon.

JaZmum, I was told it was normal for BF babies to go up to 10 days without a poo. Will used to go every nappy change, then he had the 6 week growth spurt and has only gone 3 times in the last week and a half. I think Tuesday was the last time.

Leemar, hope your boys recover soon - I guess it is terrifying to have monsters come to your door! How do you think they will go with Santa?

Thanks arte- that's very reassuring to know
    leanne - your poor little boys.Watching the monsters on Dr Who freaks me out and i'm 35, so i can imagine how scared the boys were!!!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast