Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #5

Art- Well last year I tried to get there photos done with santa and they were frightened so now with halloween Idont suppose I will get any luck getting photos this year either.
    Jazmum- The funny thing was that when they took off their masks to let the boys know it was alright they had fake blood all over there mouths so it was like yeah right like we believe you.

Jazmum, speaking of Dr Who, we taped a whole heap and only recently watched the episode called "Beware the Weeping Angel" and I am STILL having nightmares two weeks later (it was the scariest thing I think I've ever seen)!

Far out Leanne, I never thought about T&Ters scaring the little kids - food for thought, really. You might have to buy/make some masks for them to play with so they get the idea of dressing up behind a mask.

Queenie - I think that's the best photo I'm ever going to own and it sums up 9 years of my life with a very happy ending! I'm glad it's inspiring you and hope those positive vibes keep pumping out of the screen at you every time you look at it!

Milestone at our house, DH said, last thing before he fell asleep last night, "Puhllllleeeeease Elisabeth only wake up once tonight"...and guess what it worked!!!! Once up at 3.30 then not again until wakeup time when she woke him up after he switched off his alarm and went back to sleep! How proud am I???

to Pregpan (I've missed you). Sorry no time for other personals, the ILs have arrived early so gotta go and "entertain".

Well done on the sleeping Elisabeth!! Sounds like it was a good night all round with Olivia as well.

Leanne - your poor little boys, hope they recover from their scary experience. I'd forgotten about Santa photos, I wonder if K will be up for that?

Queenie - labour vibes heading your way... I'm the same with weighing myself. If I ever do it when dressed etc, I reckon clothes, food, drinks etc easily add a couple of kgs!

Fingers crossed the south coast gets lots of rain tonight and cricket gets called off tomorrow.

Had fun doing the shopping (well as much fun as you can have pushing a trolley around a supermarket). Was nice to get out and about by myself. DD had a lovely time with her Nan and Pop, got back and she was just gazing up at Pop with the biggest grin on her face. So cute. I think she's got a thing for the men in the family, they certainly bring out her smiles.

Cally I will cross my fingers for heaps of rain for you.

Marydean I will have to get my DH to try that trick with Logan tonight lol.

Leanne how are the boys doing now? Marydeans idea about buying or making some masks is a good idea, it might help them understand a little better.

Pregpan sounds like you are all doing all the right things with Noah.

Gracie sounds like Lewis is going through a growth spurt.

Queenie HUge LV's to you. Just think this could be your last weekend just you and DH, maybe you should do something nice together?

Logan has been such a happy little man today, its been great.

I really should go and get some things doen while he is asleep.

Hi to everyone else.
    Last edited by Ozstar; November 2nd, 2007 at 05:53 PM.

Cally - Yay to sleeping through the night. Well done little one!

Jazmum - I've also heard that some babies can go a wk without a poo, so I wouldnt worry too much about it.

Queenie - Hang in there, bub will be here very soon!

Leemar - Do you find with the dummy that Olivia spits it out alot and cries before she actually falls asleep? Maddie does that and sometimes we are up 10 times putting it back in before she's off!

Marydean - Well done to Elisabeth on the sleeping! You actually feel like you had a decent sleep dont you! Maddie slept last night from 10.30 through to 6.30, fabulous! I wonder how long this will last hehe.

We went to visit Grandma today, who spoilt her as usual. Mum even went out and bought her own stroller for Maddie. Think we are going to buy the Baby Bjorn air this w/end, but I have done some research and apparently theres a new BB coming out called the synergy that combines the support of the active and the coolness of the air. So I may even wait for that one.

Hope you all had a nice day and woo hoo bring on the w/end (not that it means much to me and many of you these days now that theres no work!)

Hayley - Hannah is the same with the dummy - she spits it out so many times (sometimes gags when i put it in - how bad is that!!!lol) before she finally sucks. I usually only use it when she is overtired and needs a little help. Other times i just rock her or she falls asleep in the HaB.
    Marydean - i don't think i've seen that episode of Dr Who - i often watch with my hands over my eyes!!lol.

I managed to get a urine sample for hannah today. I tried with the bag they gave me, but got a drop, so then i took off her nappy and sat her on my lap and waited for the wee to come. I managed to catch a little in the jar they gave me.

Jazmum, do not watch this episode - you will know it because it's got these stone angel statues that move around when you're not looking at them (do not look away, do not blink)! Well done on your wee catching! You're like the pied piper of baby wee...LOL

Hayley, ditto with the dummy spitting, cos E is in a cradle sometimes it shoots out the side of the cradle and goes on the floor and we have to get the spare out!

Katie, hope my DH's trick works at your house tonight!

Cally, how heart melting seeing K gazing up at her Pop like that!

E's Nan and Pop arrived today and they are showing signs of being wellsmitten. Took E to doctors, not only does she look like she's getting the lurgy, she's also got a hernia under her bellybutton (it pops out spectacularly now) and a mild neck tortoise...umm momentarily forget the word but it's when the neck muscles are shorter on one side so baby keeps head to that side more...tortulusion? Thingy?

Oh boy. Ive got a very over tired grumpy little boy tonight

Marydean - Oh poor Elisabeth! You guys are having a rough trot in the health department at the moment. Is there anything they can do to sort it out???
    Last edited by reneenay; November 2nd, 2007 at 10:26 PM.

Jazmum well done getting the sample.

Marydean I hope E is ok. I havent heard of the neck thing before, what causes it and how do you fix it?

Renee hopefully once Rory is off to sleep he stays like that for the night.

DH and I went out to dinner tonight, it was lovely. Logan just happily played in his pram smiling at the waitress, he is a real ladies man already.

TORTICOLLIS!! I needed a night's sleep in order for my brain to start functioning again...LOL. Not serious, if it gets worse as her neck muscles get stronger it'll be a visit to the physio for stretching exercises. However she can turn her head, so it's pretty mild. They think it's from how the baby was squashed in utero, or oxygen deprivation during birth (not poss in our case) and if it's severe it can be from a particular type of growth under the muscle. Apparently becomes more obvious around 3 mth mark when neck muscles are stronger. Not too concerned because even the severe ones are treated with physio. More worried about the hernia but not even too worried about that, H had one and it went away by itself. Funny baby things!

Just funny how we have paraded her in front of umpteen nurses and drs and this one's the first one to ever notice! She's not too unwell either so I'm hoping the fever is a sign she's fighting off the lurgy.

BTW ladies - does everyone know what danger signs to look out for re meningicoccal?? This is something we all should know, even though it's rare, as it can come on really quickly and time is of the essence.

Katie, that Logan's a charmer isn't he??

hello hello how are we all this morning???
    lol as ww wednesday draws closer i get nervous about thhe weigh in lol i havnt gone outside my points yet but i havnt been eating very well lol i have like 11 points left over from the week but i better not use them haha thats over half a days worth of points!! am getting better slowly at using them all up though most of those are from the beginning of the week,, yesterday i only had one point left over and the things i ate were actually pretty healthy
    Asha has started upping her feeds now from 120 - 150, she dosnt drink it all all the time but when she does she seems to sleep a bit longer which is good...
    leanne - maybe if u decide to do the dress up think with masks for them you could include some christmasy santa stuff?? or have dh dress up as santa to get them used to the idea of sitting on his knee for a photo...
    md - wow on the long sleep good that she listens to her daddy already hahaha.. Asha spaced her feeds last night fron 6:30 to 1pm but she wasnt asleep the whole time haha...
    cally - glad you had a nice time shopping
    haley - are u still working?? all the days blur together for me lol i am often asking ppl what day it is
    jazmum - well done on the wee catching lol whats the sample for again? is H ok?
    md - oh poor little E!!! can they do anything about either of those?? i knew a little girl at the childcare centre who had a hernia in her belly button i wasnt close with the family though so i dnt really know much about it..
    renee - hope rory is not so grumpy today
    katie - well done on going out for dinner!!! lol @ logan being a ladies man.. i looked after a 1yo once that while in his pram would pull up ladies skirts lol you really had to watch him!!!

Marydean - I have seen that episode!!!!! Very eerie that one. I hope poor little E doesn't get too sick. I hadn't heard of the torticollis- is it something that will just fix itself? All my girls have outy belly buttons. DH doesn't like them, thinks they'll get teased at school, but i think they're adorable I think Zoe had a hernia when she was a bub. (isnt' that terrible i can't remember) She has been complaining of a sore belly alot lately - I'll have to get the doc to check it when she gets her 4 year old needles next week. ( i have to take Zoe and Hannah to get their needles on the same day. aaaahhhh) Hope you all have a great day.
    noni - sounds like your doing pretty well - good on you for eating healthy foods. H had the urine sample just to rule out a Urinary Tract Infection. A high temp can be a sign of that.

Rory must of been tired. He slept from 8:30pm to 4:30am and then he went back down after his feed at 5:00am and slept through to 8:30am! We have had a little play and cuddle this morning but he has fallen back to sleep again.

Noni - You are doing so so well! You should be very proud of yourself! Im trying to cut fast food out of my diet and im going to see how I go with that. I went to my friends house yesterday and she bought me HJ's for lunch OOPS! But there was a point a few months ago where I was having take-away 3 times a week so im doing good.

Im going into town tonight to have dinner with 3 of my girlfriends. Then we are off to a show and maybe a dance after. I LOVE dancing I havent let my hair down in such a long time! Im really looking forward to it It will be Dwaynes first night with Rory all alone!

Renee - that's a fantastic sleep for Rory. Sounds like you're in for a fun night tonight. I used to love dancing too. It's been soooo long since i've danced though, i'd probably look incredibly unco if i tried now. (might have to have a boogy in the lounge room lol) Have a great time!!!

Lol Thanx JaZmum! I boogie in the lounge room all the time Its the best stress relief. Ive got some funny video of me and a naked Rory dancing to Fergie's new song haha. Poor thing looks more shocked than anything.

New thread time again lovelies!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678