Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #6

OK, well I went to bed excited last night (from Queenie's exciting news!!) and I woke up excited too but had to wait for ILs to leave before I could get on...Like Sherie, I thought, trust Queenie to do it in turbocharged fashion LOL! Also, that's gotta be the latest September baby to ever arrive in the history of humankind !...Anyway soooo soooo happy for you Queenie and I *love* the name, very classical and exotic (think russian princess)!

Well ILs have departed and now the house is in peace again...E was a bit overwhelmed and needless to say cried a lot over the weekend (not helped if she's feeling under par).

Agnes sorry to hear you've had such a long stint with mastitis, it truly is awful. If the lumps don't clear speak to your dr about some therapeutic ultrasound, it can work wonders in clearing the breast properly. And make sure you're on some acidophilus too, I found when I forgot to take mine when I was on ABs E would be more unsettled so it does make a difference.

Katie do you have a breastpump? The hand expressing is good if you can do it but sometimes a pump is a godsend as well...I soooo hope that crack starts to heal for you - you're doing such a wonderful job too!

Oh yes, I'm part of the secret society of loungeroom dancers - it's great when bubby gets a bit older and you just need to distract&destress everyone at once (including yourself)!! It's right up there with singing into your hairbrush IMO!

hello everyone!!
    huge congratulations to queenie on the turbocharged birth of little sasha! i agree with md about the name- very exotic and beautiful. what a champion!!
    agnes- so sorry to hear about your mastitis. i'm so scared of it!! you poor love
    sherie- congrats on new car, i'm very jealous
    md- i checked out your photos- i love the shot just after E is born with dh, it's really gorgeous.
    renee- i think i'm gonna give up drinking now..just doesn't seem as much fun as it used to be. we've got 2 weddings coming up and i'm going to be completely sober at both as i'm driving and bfing- i'm quite looking forward to being a non drinker iykwim?? it's weird but i think i may have grown up a bit omg!! shock horror!
    hello to everyone else- i'm typing one handed, as per usual! it's a horrible day here. very miserable. dp is working so it's just me, lewis and the dog watching the rain pour down outside...

hi all!!

a huge congratulations to Queenie and DH - i can't wait to see some photos of Sasha!!

well, i am dreading my WW weigh-in already. i haven't counted my points at all since Day 1 and i KNOW that i've definitely gone WAY over my allocation the last two days... but we were entertaining a friend down visiting us from Hong Kong today so i HAD to put on a nice lunch - started with a huge cheese platter then roast lamb (c/w roast potatoes, pumpkin, etc) and followed by lemon pudding with strawberries and icecream... what if i've put ON weight at my first weigh-in - that's not a good start!!

well, we've started Abigail on a structured routine and i don't want to speak too soon, but it seems to be working really well!! basically she's up for 1.5hrs then sleeps for 1.5hrs and just repeats that process all day long except for night time when she just wakes up to feed and then goes straight back to sleep without any play time... i started trying to "train" her on fri evening and she didn't like it at first (cried for nearly an hour when i put her down yesterday afternoon) but the three times she's been put down today she's only cried for between 3-10 mins and then gone to sleep!! and she stays in a good, happy mood for the duration of her wake time too - i'm thinking maybe she has been over tired for the last few weeks which was making her a little cranky!! i must say though that i miss her when she's sleeping in the cradle - in the past she's just slept on the couch or in her bouncer etc - i like watching her sleep!!

Agnes - Gosh I hope your mastitis clears up soon, sounds painful. Maddie often has days where she spends much of her time awake and looking around, I used to stress about it but now I just let her be. I've also just bought a HAB and am waiting for it to arrive in the mail. I hope I wont be regretting it with the hot summer weather Perth has.

Noni - I know exactly what you mean! I am such a neat freak, I am forever picking up after DP - how hard it is to put your bloody jocks in the wash basket and hang your wet towels back over the towel rail!! Men!

Renee - Its been so long since i've had a drink, i'm sure I could get blind drunk off two glasses of champers easy! Its always fun to get out with the girls though. How are you finding being back at work? I'm thinking about going back 1 or 2 days as well just to get out and keep my sanity, but I'm a bit nervous about leaving Maddie and will probably be calling my mum non stop like you!

Ella - Wow i'm coming to your house for tea! Yum! I'm sure you will be fine for your first WW weigh in.

We are going to a mothers group this Wed at our local CHN clinic. I'm nervous as I can be a bit shy!

Hope you all had a nice w/end.

sneaking a quick one here....

QUEENIE AND DH CONGRATULATIONS!!! WELCOME SASHA ANNABEL!!!

Morning everyone!

Hayley, I'm like you - on the odd occasion I have a very small glass of wine with DH (mainly so he doesn't drink the whole bottle on his own) after only a few sips I feel the warm flush of tipsy-ness creeping over me LOL. that's great you have a mothers group meeting soon. You will find that once you start talking about your bub's the conversation just starts flowing - babies are great icebreakers.

Ella, that dinner sounds soooo yummy. I'm glad that the routine is working well for you. Sometimes it is just a matter of a little bit more sleep each nap time that can make all the difference to their personality.

Marydean, when does E start physio for her neck? I haven't ever heard of that condition before, but I'm glad it can be treated relatively easily. I love your pics too - H & E are just divine creatures - I think your DH will have to be guarding the front door in years to come LOL. I love being able to put a face to the name too

Gracie, I used to party all night and sleep all day too once LMAO. I gave up when I first moved out to the farm and someone always had to drive and I always managed to get the short straw, but I think my body thanked me for it LOL.

Have a bit on today. I have to clean the commodore out as we have a few people interested in buying it, plus I have a heap of washing to do as it rained all weekend (and we have dams full and tanks overflowing *YAY*!) and bills to pay too. Alister is going well - I think I have managed to get on top of his dry skin as his face feels softer now when I kiss it LOL. I will do another treatment with the papaw for his cradlecap tonight before his bath.

Congratulations to Queenie and Sasha!!

Sherie - yay for the rain filling up the tanks and dams.

I must admit I'm not really missing not drinking, except for the occasional glass of wine with dinner. DH gave up too while I was pregnant and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't go back to it.

DD had two nights of 8 hour sleeps, but has dropped back to 6 hours again. Oh well. DH has a sore throat so we're all hoping that DD doesn't catch it.

Need to go entertain her again, hope you all have a lovely day!

not much time to write girls but HUGE HUGE HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO QUEENIE AND DH ON THE BIRTH OF SASHA!!!!!!!! I am so glad that it all went well and I cant wait to hear all about it. Looks like you have taken over the cervix queen crown my dear! I logged on just to get this news and I am thrilled - shivers running down my spine - our baby crop is finally complete! Pictures please... enjoy enjoy enjoy!

Queenie, congratulations on the birth of your little girl. Enjoy every day because they sure don't stay little for long.

Congratulations Queenie and DH on the birth of your precious new daughter Sasha Annabel

I'm so very happy for you both and can't wait to hear all about it. Well done Queenie!!!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I had an awful night last night - W was awake at 12, 3, 4.30 and 6am. I am so tired. I was hoping he would have a good night so I could catch up a bit. Normally he wakes around 1.30 and 4.30. I think it is only a comfort thing, he only drinks for 2-3 minutes and then falls straight back asleep.

I have to book in for his vaccinations this week. Not looking forward to that as it comes with a bonus pap smear.

He is supposed to be sleeping now but I can hear him laughing and making monkey noises in his bed.

Hey guess what everybody, courtesy of MIL I found out where E's hairy chimpanzee-ness comes from...DH's side. Apparently SIL was an extremely hairy baby to the point where strangers would stop MIL on the street to say "Gee you've got a hairy baby" LOL! She turned out alright so I don't think I need be worried for E's sake !

Arte, yep I'm getting the bonus pap smear this week to. Sorry to hear you had such a disrupted night, if only you had the luxury of laughing and making monkey noises when you're supposed to be sleeping!

Ok, well I'm one of those BFing mothers who DOES have the occasional glass - it makes me more tipsy than usual tho. Reminds me on Sat night we went out to Hog's Breath for dinner, I sat directly opposite to FIL who had a fit when I popped my boob out right there at the dinner table to feed E (LOL)! You could've cut the silence with a steak knife!

Sherie, great to hear your tanks are full! My garden's had a good soaking too. We're not going to do anything yet re physio, will wait until after 3 mth mark and if it's noticeable then I'll find a paedi physio...in the meantime just making sure we turn her head and put toys etc on the non-favored side.

BTW, thanks everyone for your comments about my photos! I'm really pleased I've finally sorted them out. On Sat for the first time ever, I got my digi photos printed - couldn't believe a)how easy it is and b) how nice they came out on photographic paper. Now I'm off to compile brag books to put in the post for the grandparents!

Marydean, I was surprised at how well they turn out too. I do mine at one of those photo kiosk things and I can't complain about the quality yet. LOL at FIL and the 'boob incident' I suppose it just becomes second nature to us and everyone else has to get used to it. Gee, how rude to say "what a hairy baby' - that could be phrased so differently.

Arte, I have to get Alister's needles too next week. I had a pap smear in September last year so I am right for a while. Have you tried giving Will a dummy for night time? I find that if they take a dummy at night and go back to sleep, then they just want comforting, but if they spit it out and don't go back to sleep, very soon followed by the "mum I'm hungry" bellow, then I get them up LOL.

Arte - I had a pretty horrible night with my little one as well. I was getting used to her sleeping from 10/11pm through to 5/6am - so when she woke last night at 2am, 4am and 6am it was a real shock to the system haha I knew my luck wouldnt last long!

Oh god does the 6 week check up with your Doc include a pap smear? Far out i'm so over everyone wanting to have a good old look up there!!

Quick question: With summer approaching i'm wondering how on earth do I sleep bubba on those horribly hot nights when you just want to go to bed with nothing on!? Last night was a bit warm and I swaddled her in a very light muslin wrap, but her little arms kept finding their way out, which made me think she was a tad hot. Are those summer sleeping bags any good?

Hayley, you would only need a pap smear if you were due for one, or missed one because you were pg at the time. I did have one done at my 6wk check with Erin because I was meant to have one in the July and she was due in October. It is hard when it is really hot in summer to know what to put on them over night. If it is really hot, I just put a short jumpsuit on them and cover with a cotton sheet. I haven't used the sleeping bags, but I am thinking of getting one - trouble is it can stay as hot as 35 degrees here some nights.

Haley, I know what you mean about everyone wanting to have a look up there - during my time in hospital I had so many people looking that I suspect they were selling tickets in reception. It is so freaking hot here, we have the air con going all day and on the hot nights. Does she like to be wrapped? Will fought to have his arms out from day 1, he likes to sleep starfish and wakes up if you wrap his arms.

Sherie, I have thought a dummy might get me a bit more sleep but I don't think he would suck one and I don't think I want to use one. I will keep it as a backup plan though.

Arte - She goes through phases, sometimes she likes to be wrapped up nice and snug, other times she likes her arms out above her head. Lately though I've been wrapping her at night and she was going fine until last night.

Sherie - I think I'll just do the same as you with the cotton sheet.

Oh good that means no pap smear for me because I had one right at the start of the yr!

selfish post here....how do you know if you're running out of milk? i've started drinking aktavite as recommended by sherie (accdg to recipe in breastfeeding forum), weaned myself from using the nipple shield (sore nipples to show for this but not too bad) but am feeling like i am not producing milk. have put max on the bbs a few times today and she's been fussy and not wanting it...wriggling a lot, pulling on the bbs, but still coming out hungry though and having 70 mls from the bottle (formula). am worried that have run out of milk. am ging around with a bra for today to see if my bbs leak through the day (can't tell with bra and pads on) and so far nothing...except for the letdown (?) on one side when starting off with the other....but not that much either.
    am not against formula feeding but really wanted to breast feed for at least 3 mos.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast