Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #7

Default Babies Born September 2007 #7

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Astrolady -
    [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread can be found here

wow another thread...
    md - i just dnt feel comfortable giving her the whole lot or putting it in her bottle.. i am sure ur right and it would be fine but i just feel funny bout it iykwim? probably becoz i am really sensitive to any med never take anything or hardly ever anyway... even as a baby they had to cut my immunization amounts down and space them differently because i would react to them badly as well as pretty much any med i was given.. the first time i gave it to her she had 3mls at once and was fine to drink the rest of her bottle and the second time i gave her 1.5 before the bottle planning to give her another 1.5 in the middle but i gave her .5 and she started sucking the syringe lol so i gave her back the bottle and shes pretty settled atm.. not sure what i will do with the dose.. maybe one 15ml lot per day and see how that goes.. its all sooo confusing poor little thing looks like it may be something she dosn't outgrow becoz dp has reflux and is on perscription meds for it and so is his mum

gee whiz we go through more threads then we do undies lol.

Logan has not slept at all today, everytime he would doze off he would wake up 15 min later. I am hoping that means we are in for a big sleep tonight. He has been happy though so I dont mind that I havent been able to get anything done. Just as I read back though my post I look over to find Logan asleep on DH's lap, I bet he wakes while we try to eat dinner tho lol.

I dont think I have any PP clothes, I get their catalogue emailed to me and love all their clothes so I may have to do some shopping soon. I have a PP outlet shop close by too.

Gracie I am off to the spa soon too. My best bud is taking me as a late B'day present she originally bought me JT concert tickets but I didnt want to leave Logan. It is just me and DH with no family up here so we were to nervouse for me to be over an hour away for a few hours IKWIM. I am looking forward to the spa more anyway.

Gracie have you looked up the bumbo's yet? I am thinking of getting one at Babies galore while they are on special.

Better go keep an eye on dinner.

wrote a long'ish one this morning and lost it. haven't been able to find time to re-write it and have forgotten most anyway.
    but one thing i do remember, katie (i think it was katie), definitely agree with all the advice from sherie and md and all the other lovely ladies on here. even dp agrees and talks about bb to people we come across....or at least he used to when we were still in the pregnancy thread...when i'd be more "current".
    don't have any PP clothes for max but then again, haven't really stocked up much on clothes since i wanted to be 100% sure of gender before i started shopping....and i haven't started yet....well, not really.
    envious of everyone's tickers....am trying to do one....hope it works. oh, on the "correct date" for the tickers, when i went into the bump and beyond website to create a ticker, it asked for time zone and need to choose gmt +10 to get bne time so i'm hoping i got that right.
    long and short...have fallen off the BFing wagon...have gone back to topping up with formula coz' i think she's a lazy sucker and not getting enough of the breasts which is why she's unsettled a lot the past couple of days. oh well, so long as she's happier and still getting some breast milk.
    gotta run, she's fussing....again.

ohhhh to add i love pp a big majority of her clothes are pp (most her nb stuff that shes about to grow out of ) ppl have been so generous so lucky

have been trying to put a ticker...how?

how to put it at the bottom of ur posts or how to get one?

fianne, click on someones ticker and it will go to the website - pick all the info you want, then copy the url it gives you at the end. Go to the edit signature tab in User Profile (top left corner of BB page) and paste it there. Good luck.

MD, I the Johnsons oil we use is in a purple/pink container so it is probably the same one. Seems to be doing a good job at keeping cradle cap away.

Gracie, don't give up chocolate! I think it is only my misfortune that Will is really sensitive to sugar. I am really worried that it has something to do with my diabetic tendencies. I was hoping he would miss out on those crap genes.

Bunnings don't have a parents room, one of the guys there let me into the kids activity center so I could have a seat (or I would have made use of the outdoor display).

Will is in the bath kicking and then trying to catch the waves in his mouth. Hope he hasn't wee'd in the water. He is super clingy the last couple of days - bathtime is about the only time DH is getting to spend with him.

I left my purse on the roof of my car for about 15 minutes today while I was shopping until I went to use it and it wasn't there. I rushed back out terrified someone had taken it but luckily it was still there. I was so relieved as it had all my cards, phone and car keys in it.

Sherie - Still waiting for my AF as well. I went to the doctor today for my 6 wk check up and he said it usually comes around now. Bummer. I loved not getting a period for a whole 9 months! I also love PP clothing, but you are right, they are not cheap. Good quality though and maybe one day I will use them again.

Noni - Asha is beautiful! Love how she is hugging the teddy.

Supablondie - Happy bday for tomorrow. I am also forever cleaning out fluff from between Maddies fingers and toes.

Arte - William has such a cute smile!

Pregpan - I used a Myer parents room for the first time today. Actually it was the first time i've ever used a parents room. I was very impressed, they even had a microwave yay!

Ozstar - Excellent, glad the BF is getting easier and less painful for you.

Marydean - I also rubbed some of the J&J pink baby lotion into Maddie's head, the skin was very very dry, and it worked! Smells good too.

Gracie - Wow Lewis is a big healthy boy isnt he! I've got Maddie in infant nappies now as well. Had her weighed yesterday, 4.8kg. She's fast becoming a chubby bubby, her legs are so chubby its lovely. Enjoy the day spa, you lucky thing!

Went to the doc today who gave me a script for the contraceptive pill called loette. I'm nervous about taking it, the last time I was on the pill it was like I had constant morning sickness and also I hate the idea of stuffing around with my menstural cycle iykwim. I'm always paranoid that going on the pill will stuff up my chances of having babies. Silly I know! I also had the first dose of the cervical cancer vaccine. We bought Maddie a gold bangle today from Michael Hill, its really pretty. Luckily DP's aunt is the Manager there, and we only had to pay $35.00 rather than $120.00. Bargain!

Friday tomorrow woo hoo!! Hope everyone has a nice sleep tonight.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUPABLONDIE

Hayley dont you just love the chubby legs babies get, it so adorable. Well donr on the bargin banglem, my sister was a manager at Goldmark so I used to score nice bargins too.

Arte thats so lucky your purse didnt get stolen. Logan has just started to kick and splash in the bath he hasnt yet tried drinking the water though lol.

Fianne did you work out the ticker? Sorry to hear the breastfeeding isnt going as well as yu hoped. You and I seem to be in the same boat.

Logan didnt sleep at all yesterday until about 5pm after a feed. He then woke at 8.30 but only had 5 min each side,I thought my supply was low again so I expressed while DH gave him a bottle. He only drank 20ml before going back to sleep and not waking until 4.45am. When he woke he was just happily playing. So I am feeling rather refreshed this morning, I am sure I will hit a wall later though lol.

happy birthday supablondie!!

hayley- i have found loette to be the best pill for me. it doesn't make me sick (some of the other ones do) and it doesn't make me fat either!- i put on heaps of weight when i first went on the pill so i went off it, and was always scared it would happen again, but it doesn't seem to happen on loette. my doctor was very wary about prescribing it for me earlier this year though as he reckoned he'd seen heaps of girls fall pregnant on loette, so he told me to be really careful. i never got to use that prescription though cos i was actually already pg but didn't know it- i was waiting for af so i could start the pill but it never came lol!

hello to everyone else- i'm having a bit of a problem with lewis in that he always wants me to hold him and it seems that everytime i put him down he starts crying. i'm really worried that i'm creating a mummy's boy. i can't seem to get anything done- this morning he wouldn't even let me have a shower. it just seems like if i'm not feeding him or holding him, he's screaming. i thought it would be better by now. it's really doing my head in- i can't even butter a piece of toast this morning!!

Gracie, Will goes through patches like that too. It is incredibly frustrating when you are stuck holding him all day. Do you have a sling? At least then you have your hands free so you can get other stuff done. I don't have one, just wait for DH to get home and he does the housework. Lately I have had more success getting Will to stay asleep when I put him into bed if I lay him on his side. I think it was sliding my hand out that kept waking him. Hope he lets you have a break soon.

Gracie do you think he is overtired? I know Logan gets like that when he needs a sleep. I have just put him in the bjorn and went and hung the washing out and he is now asleep on my chest in the bjorn.

ETA: BTW I dont think your creating a mummy's boy.

thanks for the ticker tip arte....will see if i've got that right. lucky with the purse...guess the world's not all that bad eh?
    have put some photos of max on the photo gallery.
    supab, HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
    funny about the fluff between fingers comment...i was doing just that while i was reading BB posts and had a chuckle.
    queenie, lovely birth story...brought tears to my eyes and made me wish that dp and i were able to experience the same but no regrets on having the c/s....have a lovely little girl to show for.
    katie, i'll know if the ticker thing is sorted out after i post this i guess. and yes, i think you and i are in the same breastfeeding boat. sounds like things are looking up for you with BFing logan.
    gracie, enjoy the spa.....should tell dp and get him to treat me to one. or maybe i need to have a friend drop some hints. that seems to work better than me dropping hints. i'm with you on the "can't put down" routine. even when i get max to sleep, as soon as i put her down, she wakes up in 5-10 mins. whereas if i carry her, she stays asleep for hours....admittedly, she wakes but goes back to sleep if in my arms...or in a pack (el-cheapo one from target). been this way the whole week!!!
    actually had a semi-breakdown the other morning from fatigue (emotional and mental on top of physical lack of sleep)...just started crying...worried dp. it was the stress of wondering if she's getting enough to eat and feeling useless since i can't do anything around the house (since she needs carrying ALL the time...which doesn't seem normal to me...and because i can't stand to hear her cry...breaks my heart). but am ok now...think i just needed to get it out of my system. maybe it's my very belated 3 day blues. never did go through that.
    ok. will post this to see if ticker works and before i lose it.
    TGIF!!! won't be going at it alone for the next 2 days!!!
    ETA: big W has a 1 day special tomorrow on huggies jumbo box nappies....$29.98

oops! ticker didn't work. help?

change that...finally got the right url to add to my signature.

Oh Fianne she is absolutly gorgeous. I love the pic of her yawning. Thanks for the Big W tip, will have to go there tomorrow morning. Some times us girls just need a good cry dont we, I am glad you got it out and you are feeling better.

ETA I updated my gallery.
    Last edited by Ozstar; November 9th, 2007 at 10:16 AM.

wow, max is a cutie! I have had a couple of mini meltdowns too. Sometimes it gets a bit too much when you can't do anything except hold a grumbly baby. Or when it sinks in that your old life is gone, it isn't just about what you want to do anymore. But they are happening less now that I am getting some sleep and now that he is becoming more interactive. I can sit for ages just trying to get smiles out of him.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast