Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #7

SupaB!!!!!!!!!! Happy happy day, and let's hope the next year is as exciting as the last one (do you think there will be another tv appearance??)!

Noni, what's your method again for giving medicine in a syringe? Dr gave us a script for Zantac which is only a ml at a time but I've read it can taste a bit yucky so we're going to have to go with a squirt-in-quick strategy.

Fianne - sorry to hear about your little meltdown - prolly better you had a little cry to let the stress out though. You are doing a wonderful job and I'm sure Max is thriving in her own way. Remember all babies are different and she will become 'settled' in her own time. Being carried is a need lots of babies have a lot of the time especially when they are still as little as Max. That's why someone invented baby carriers, swings and hammocks!
    ETA - just had a look at Max's photos, isn't she beautiful, she has such lovely bright eyes!

I agree it's frustrating when you can't put them down but you will feel better about it if you accept this is the way it is for now (not forever) and just work around it...it's a different pace of life for a few months. (MD's mantra - Just get zen about it)!

Katie - good tip about overtiredness - that's a mistake a lot of new parents make! Good time to strap on the yoda outfit...

Gracie no Lewis will not become clingy and a mummy's boy just from you carrying him a lot at this age, if anything it works the other way - when they are helped to feel more secure when they're little they actually end up more independent and adventurous later on. Read some of Pinky McKay's books if you need some convincing!

Hayley well done on your jewellery bargain, I'd be heading in there to do Christmas shopping if I were you! Good luck with your new pill, it's actually a different type of hormone than other pills so hopefully you won't have any probs with it.

MD, if you have a compounding pharmacy nearby they can put the Zantac into a nicer suspension, but she would have to take a larger volume. Hope it sorts out the problem for you.

Ozstar, cute pics! Love the santa hat one, would make a good christmas card for you to give to people.

I am bored today. Will has been asleep for 2.5 hours. I have a skip arriving today so we can load up the remnants of the old kitchen that has been sitting in a steaming heap in the yard for the past couple of months. I hope the redbacks haven't moved in to the rubble.

sorry for a selfish post below
    A quick question Marydean,
    You mentioned the ultrasound treatment for mastitis. What is it like and have you ever tried it? I have my OB appt this afternoon and after 3 dose of AB, I hesitate to ask for more.
    TIA
    Will bbl for some personals

Hi Everyone...

Sorry about to post a selfish post.

I am so P'off.. Having problems at work.... Why can nobody actually listen to me. Some people are so self absorbed. I hate people with tall poppy syndrom I think they need my foot up there rear end. I hate work today..... working with family just dosent work sometimes....

Sorry again.

Ok now I have got that out of my system.

Happy Birthday SupaB I hope you have a lovely day...

MD- re sygine medi- I put some in Olivias mouth then stick the dummy in and it seems to work atm.

hello everyone
    Leeanne so sorry you are having an awful day - go treat yourself to something to make it better...
    Noah also gets clingy sometimes - he is today... i dont think we are creating mummy's boys (is it mainly the boys who are clingy??) - they are so little! plus for me sometimes i think i want to cuddle him all day as much as he wants to be cuddled!! i second the carroer idea - it helps so much!
    MD - i think you were asking, my mother's group starts next week too - i am quite looking fwd to it! glad your ABA meeting went well - i have actually been to a few and i must admit i am not sure they are my cup of tea. will try a few others too though and then decide if i will keep going.
    I have the in laws coming today... just until monday. will be great for them to see Noah again and i am prepared to enjoy their company and get frustrated all at once LOL!
    I have been getting back into the gym this week - loving it. they have a creche so i leave noah there which has been harder for me but he seems to love it. he even smiles at the ladies who look after him there... i feel a lot better for doing some good exercise! maybe it will balance out all the naughty things i have been eating - i cant stop!
    Have had an emotional few days - one of my best friends told me she and her hub are splitting and also a friend has PND and has called on me for help.... a lot to deal with...
    Supa - hope you are having a FAB day!!!
    And HAPPY BDAY to Noni just in case i dont log on again til Sun.

Have a great weekend everyone...

PS I have added a few more recent pics in my totsite

omg so many posts lol
    supa b have a great day
    md u poke the syringe in as far back as u can without chocking her and squeeze her cheeks up so her lips are more closed and squirt it in.. its easier if u break it up like into a few squirts less chance of chocking or them coughing it out.. u want to have her slightly tilted back too less chance of it coming out when u squeeze it in then sit her up slightly again to stop chocking...
    leanne - sorry your having such a bad day
    pregpan - thanks for the bday wishes
    anyway Asha is crying lol so i cant finish this looks like AF is returning too... right in time for my bday of course

Kirstwoll Guest

Hi my little man Patrick was born on the 28/9/07, he is my forth child!

Kirstwoll welcome. How old are your other children?

Pregpan well done getting to the gym. I keep saying I need to get my butt into gear and start shredding the kg's. Hugs to both your friends thats awful news.

Leanne I hope your day gets better. Just think it is Friday woo hoo the weekend is almost here.

Agnes you still battling mastitis? Have you seen an LC?

Arte we took the santa hat pics as a test for our christmas cards, I have bought a cute little outfit to put him in for the real photos.

Better go and have some lunch while Logan is asleep.

hi ladies- thanks for the reassurances about my mummy's boy.
    md- where do i get a hold of some of these pinky mckay books?? i'm actually spewing cos she's presenting a seminar on sunday just up the road from my house for birth week but i can't go as i have to go to bendigo to look at a boat we might be buying. oh well
    fianne- max is just the cutest girl..i'm jealous! i want a girl next time!!!
    yes i do put lewis in the yoda sling a lot, but sometimes i would just love to be able to put him in the bassinette and have an hour or so where he's not attatched to me iykwim?? i think i'm doing my head in a bit cos a lot of people are having a go at us about the co-sleeping thing. i love sleeping with lewis and i find that i actually get more sleep cos i can just roll over and put him on the boob and we both drift back to sleep together, but people keep saying that we're stupid and we'll never get him out of our bed. i have images of a 15 yo old emo teenager crawling into bed with me in the middle of the night and it's doing my head in!!

Try to ignore eveyone else Gracie. You do what your comfortable with and what works for you. You are doing a great job, dont doubt yourself.

Poo to them all Gracie. Loads of people co-sleep, he will move to a big boy bed when you are all ready. You won't make him a mummies boy, just secure and happy. Do you have a baby swing? Apparently they can help if bub won't sleep in their bed.

Leemar, sorry your day is crap. I love my in-laws but I soooo couldn't work with them.

Hi everyone!

Gracie, you wont have a 15yo in your bed at all - I promise you LOL. It is only westerm cultures that think that co sleeping is not the done thing, it is the norm for many cultures to co sleep with their children for the very reason you are. I bet you feel so much better for having a somewhat decent sleep with him in bed with you than what you do if he sleeps in his bed. Besides, it's your child and if you are both happy with the arrangement then there is no problem at all so it shouldn't be bothering anyone else.

Fianne, Max is such a cutie! With the feeding thing, do what your heart tells you to do and you can't go wrong. No matter what option you decide we are all here to support you.

Pregpan, as much as you love your best friend, it can be really draining to be an emotional support for someone at times. Way to go on getting into the gym too. I wish I could do something like that.

Leanne, I hope your day got better hun. We work with DH's father, mother, brother and SIL and it does have its moments thats for sure.

Been out and about again today LOL. Seems I am hardly home lately. I am thinking that Alister definately has eczema, but I don't know if it is due to a milk intolerance or what it is. I'm not game to change formula incase that's not what the problem is kwim? I might have to take him to the Dr and see what he thinks, trouble is, if I get a referral to the closest dermatologist (who I also see for psoriasis) it will take months to get in (average waiting time is 4mths)

arte- no i don't have a baby swing..but i have heard they're good. do you know which particular type/brand is good??
    thanks katie- it's hard not to question yourself with parenting though isn't it? everyone 'thinks' they are an expert and tell you what to do. it gives me the ****s!
    sherie- i agree with you totally about it just being a western culture thing. thank you for your support. i'm just gonna tell everyone to shove it!

Gracie we have the Fisher Price Aquarium swing and Logan loves it to bits. It is also the cheapest one we have seen so far. If there is a Toys R Us near you have a look in there as they have great specials all the time. I agree its so hard not to question yourself and wonder if you are doing the "right" things. I have decided to just do what ever my heart tells me to and whatever works. I dont bother telling people what we do with regards to feeding, sleeping- parenting in general unless they ask, and depending on who is asking depends on how much I tell them.

hi girls - what is a dream feed and do any of you do them?

Not sure if you got an answer in your thread yet, but it's just a feed to tide them over at night, often when they are still half asleep LOL. I do it sometimes, depending on when his last feed was - like if he has a full feed at 7-8pm, then I will give him a top up at bout 9 and put him to bed.

arte, i hear you! and it doesn't help any that i'm "stuck" at home. not supposed to be driving so dp's got the car. and since bne isn't flat, am worried about overdoing it if i go for a walk coz' it was already a struggle to walk the "uphills" before max. and the rain the past couple of days hasn't helped any...nor did the heat the previous week.
    had a friend drop in for the day and it felt soooo good to have adult company that's not my dp at day time again!! and she works in child care centres so was really good with max. yippeee!!! have found my salvation. had just started to do a list of possible baby sitters for dp's work xmas party. FOUND IT!!!
    hi kirstwoll!
    katie, a budding heartbreaker you've got there....and the one w/ santa hat's really cute...but then again...all those w/ cute smiles on his face are gorgeous.
    everyone, thanks for the reassurances.
    pregpan, love the photos. he looks like he knows what's going on already. so cute!
    leanne sorry to hear you were having a bad day at work.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast