Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #7

Ok I'm going to give that a go Sherie, starting today!

Asha is in her bouncer atm kicking and waving her arms about staring at the toys hanging on it.. i cant believe how much she has grown and developed over the 7wks... she has started smiling more now too still not heaps but more often
    we didn't have the best night last night.. Ash decided between 2:30 when she fed and 5am was a good time to be awake... i am sooo exhausted atleast she slept from 10 - 2:30 and then 5-10 but it really takes it out of you being up at that time iykwim... am supposed to be going up to the shops this morning amm so exhausted but i better go i suppose theres too much stuff we need...
    sherie - the excema (sp) thing is complecated but many different things can cause it.. i knew a boy in childcare that couldnt have dairy because it triggered excema, he wasnt lactose intolerant as such because he wouldnt get a tummy ache but it would flare up the excema...

Noni, bummer about the bad night. I just can't sleep ATM so I am more tired than I should be too. That's interesting what you've said about the milk an eczema - certainly something to ask the Dr about when we see him. Thanks.

no worries sherie it could just be in his particular case, some sort of allergy or something but u never know i suppose... lol i was going to go to the shops but cant pry myself off the comp chair!!!

Hi all, been busy these last few days, trying to integrate back into "normal" life...going into work on Fri to show off E, went to this women's group yestrday (they do art & have guest speakers etc, pretty good actually) - and 1st mother's group today (thought of you Pregpan, how did yours go??).

Good until they got started on controlled crying (which even it's creator Christopher Green does not recommend until after 6 mths) and I felt compelled to pipe up - but it's perfectly ok to rock or pat your baby to sleep at this age!!! (If it works...) I agree with you Sherie about putting bubs down to self settle when they are calm & dozey - usually doesn't work at arsenic hour tho! LOL

Sherie, I hope you get a handle on A's eczema soon- H had it early on (small patch) and Dr gave us a weak steroidal (sigmacourt) and we just bathed her religiously in Hamilton's bath oil (never soap) and then I went to a dietician and introduced low-food-chemical solids once she was 6 mths. (which was a pain as it meant no baby food jars!!! just mum's gourmet cooking haha). She's been rashy every since, usually either heat rash or a contact allergy, but not ever eczema like that again. good luck!!

I was a bit overwhelmed there for a few days deciding what to do about E's runny bottom - should I stop the Zantac, etc? She's been so settled on it so I've notched the dose down a bit and that seems to be helping. It's a very strong medicine and the dr had calculated the dosage based on the top dosage so I've calculated it down to the lowest dosage. (Math's brain has returned LOL). Then I erhmed and aaaahed about whether she actually has a torticollis or not, since she was able to turn her head fully the other way. But now it's getting more noticeable so I'm going to have to track down a paed physio - apparently there is one thru the MCN clinic but she's about to go on hols for a month *sigh*.

Hey Queenie, good to see you back online again, BUMMER about the hip brace, sounds awful - big hugs as you're being very brave about it. She'll be out of it before you know it and crawling and walking like every one else!

Noni, hope A's reflux is improving, maybe have a chat to your dr about your fears about giving the meds? If you don't give her enough then it probably won't work. Maybe you could slowly build up the amount you are giving her until you see an improvement? I understand the infant Gaviscon is a very safe medication (which is why you can buy it off the shelf). BTW well done on your weight loss, I'm due back at the dietician next week and am terrified as I have been an eating machine this last fortnight - I'm sooooooo hungry all the time and it's not always healthy food either! You win some, you lose some!

to everyone else! Gotta go as have just committed to making a quilt for the IL's caravan for Xmas - gotta go finalise those fabric purchases on ebay while E is still asleep.

Hey Marydean! It is such a crappy time of year to get anything *medical* done as everyone loses the urge to work in the lead up to Christmas, and then everyone takes nearly the entire month of January off work too. The bit at your group about controlled crying would have really bothered me too, it is something that really upsets me to read about when I hear of Mums putting their newborns into a Tizzie Hall "routine"

Marydean & Sherie - I keep hearing alot about getting your baby into a routine and I started to panic about it because I didnt have a routine for Maddie. I tried the controlled crying, but that was before I didnt know any better. Anyway I talked to DP about it and realised that we do have a little routine going...feed, play, sleep (during the day) and feed, sleep (at night). It doesnt always work out that way as she often stays awake longer during the day now and thats just fine. We try to follow the feed, play, sleep but go with the flow at the same time, if that makes sense? Is this what everyone else is doing or am I on the wrong track again? Being a new mum is darn hard work.

On the topic of weight loss, think I'm going to start putting on the way that I have been eating lately. I demolished a whole block of chocolate last night! How the hell do I stop my sugar cravings!?

Sherie, I took your advice about gargling warm salt water for a sore throat, I think it worked because its gone yay!

Hayley, your 'routine' sounds very much like our 'routine' - it's more of a pattern tho as I try to follow E's signals rather than watching the clock or anything like that.

Re the sugar cravings - have you tried eating a high-GI diet? Worked wonders for me.

Sherie - yep fun fun fun getting things done over Christmas, the whole of Canberra shuts down completely!

Thats it, a pattern! Oh good must be on the right track. I follow alot of what you and Sherie say, as you both have alot more experience than me.

I just rang toys r us because I am chasing the fisher price rainforest baby gym (it looks like fun) and apparently they are having a baby sale. S26 gold formula is $17 odd dollars too, if anyone is using this one.

whinge warning....
    pattern...would love to have one!!!
    sorry, really tired here. not a particularly stressful night but i guess i'm just quite mentally/emotionally tired from more than 12 hours one-on-one with max. i love her sooo much but she's also so high maintenance!! doesn't sleep the whole day if i'm not carrying her. as soon as i put her down, she'll wake in 5-10 mins. if i want her to have a sleep, i have to carry her all around. and with the weather going back to hot...it's a bit more difficult...for both.
    phew! just needed to get that out. sorry, can't do personals.

Renee so your to blame for my being sick, thanks alot lol. I am feeling much better hopefully it isnt going to stick around for long.

Hayley I have a similar apttern to you. I just do what ever feels right lol. I also turn to MD and Sherie for all advise. I love Toys R Us they have the best bargins.

Fianne no need to apologise, we all completly understand. Being a mum sure is tiring. I think it takes a bit of time to get used to not having "me time" too.

MD sounds like you have been busy. Hopefully it doesnt take to long to correct/fix the torticollis.

Sherie I hope the Dr can give you some advise or cream for his skin.

Noni dont ya just love the smiles, Logan is laughing more and more each day it is adorable. Bummer about the lack of sleep. Logan did something very similar the other night only thankfully it was later in the morning (about 4am).

We have been out to lunch today. I thought Logan might be getting sick as he has been really quiet and lethargic so I bought a thermometer but he seems ok. He is having a snooze now so hopefully he was just tired.

Katie, is it getting really hot up there again? Maybe the heat is just getting to him and making him more tired - yesterday Alister was a bit like that at the end of the day because it was really hot here. Fingers crossed it isn't a bug.

Fianne hun, I have times like that too. Especially when DH has been working and the kids are particularly feral and I have no one to palm the kids off too while I get stuff done. Every few months or so I arrange a day out just for me so I can clear my head and get back into the right headspace to be a nice parent and not a cranky one.

Hayley, Aww, thanks hun I haven't seen that gym, but I might check it out as I need a new one for Alister, the one we have is missing some parts. If you sat down and wrote out exactly what you do with your day with Maddie, you will realise that 9 times out of 10 you are doing the same thing every day - call it a pattern or call it a routine - you just fall into it. It is so much better to have a baby-led routine because everyone tends to be happier. with your sugar cravings, I highly recommend you buy some In-Liven - sugar cravings are my biggest downfall too and while I am taking In-Liven I don't have them and I tend to eat better then.

Marydean, DH was meant to make his appointment with the knackery but hasn't got round to it, but there will be no point now till after the new year.

hi everyone - sorry i have been a bit absent - I have been reading but no time really for writing - been busy busy busy around here!!
    had the outlaws here last weekend - lets say i had a shadow looking over me the WHOLE time.. drove me NUTS!!! I wont go into it as i get upset and angry (and I am sure N picks up on it) but lets justs ay i breathed a big sigh of relief when they left... and did a GREAT gym session getting rid of all my aggression on Monday LOL!
    This weekend we are off to Sydney - I cant wait!
    Noah is doing beutifully, i am so in love with him he is just gorgeous and he changes and develops so much all the time. He is being a pretty good sleeper at nights now - sometimes (like last night) he goes right through and sometimes we do 1 or 2 feeds... v doable and I am happy! he isnt sucha good sleeper inthe day time, but I can cope with that and in truth it means I get heaps more done.
    Katie - N has also been a lot more sleepy today, i think it is the heat... i was worriedhe was unwell but i dont think so.. will keep an eye on it too. I hope Logan is OK.
    Had my first mother's group yesterday - you were right MD! It was GREAT, met some nice people there and one in particular who i seem to have a bit in common with (aside from Babies!! LOL) so we are going to catch up in b/n meetings as well - she lives right near me. I really enjoyed it. Aside from that I have been going to gym and leaving N at the gym creche whcih has been going well and been out and about a bit!
    Hayley - I agree w the others about a pattern and I reckon it just emerges - dont stress about it you know what it best for Maddie! I try to do a pattern as well but since N is so bad at sleeping in the day it doesnt always work LOL! Well maybe he isnt a bad sleeper, maybe i dont always notice the signs!
    Noni I saw your post about the Farex - I hope u got your answers - rest assured you are doing the right thing for Asha hon...
    Sherie - how is the new car?
    Renee - I am soooooo impressed with how you are back at work already - super girl!!!! You sound so relaxed and happy it is just wonderful!
    Queenie - hug about S's hip brace - a friend had this for her little girl too though and it all worked out great in the end... hoep all is going well with you.

Hey Sept belly buddies - i saw that Kate has been back, i think she did a post on something... she had a little girl in sept too - I am really glad she is OK and must have been just busy! Hope she pops in here too!

OK better go - sorry this is a rayher selfish post and i have forgotten lots of what you all said! I am glad we all seem to be doing well... will try to get on here alittle more often..

Hi Pregpan, nice to meet you! You have been a busy girl the last few days. The new car is going great thanks. We finally sold our old car too on Tuesday which was a relief, one less thing to worry about now. I'm glad Kate popped in to post about Sarah's arrival too.

Fianne - Have you tried stroking her forehead till she settles? I usually rock to sleep in the bassinet and once she is asleep I stop. However she sometimes wakes and I just stroke her forehead and have my other hand placed on her chest and it seems to comfort her back to sleep. Sometimes you have to do it a few times, but it eventually works for me.

Pregpan - Hehe the 'outlaws'! Love that one. I know exactly what you mean by a shadow looking over your shoulder. Ah well, what can you do? Is it their first grandchild? Its my inlaws (and parents) 1st grandchild and they are full on about it. To top it off DP's mother had 4 boys of her own and always wanted a girl.... And I guess you'd much rather Noah not being a good sleeper during the day, but sleeping through the night! Mothers group is fun isnt it, its good to meet others with babies around the same age.

Sherie - The fisher price rainforest gym looks really good. I've got a voucher for Target/Kmart/Myer and have called just about all the stores in Perth, but no one has it. Toys r us have it of course...but then I cannot use my voucher!! Also its apparently on special at toys r us if you are interested.

Katie - Hopefully Logan hasnt caught the bug. Hopefully it is just the weather?

well i finally got to the shops lol.. i ended up getting the cutest book for Ash, she has some of those mr men ones that were given to us but they are a bit old for her as well as one we bought in nz when we were ttc... this one is better for her age though only a one - 4 words per page and nice pics its called "Apple Pear Orange Bear" its great highly reccomend it!!!
    fianne - right there with ya!!! with dp working as much as i love Asha it gets very trying when shes crying and crying and theres no one to help me.. when she wont sleep its me who handles it... all day i am with her sometimes it does get frustrating but just take a deep breath and think about how much you love her or have a big tight cuddle with her thats what makes me feel better...
    haley - routine lol whats that?? i suppose if i wrote down how each day went there would be some consistancy but with such a young baby i just follow what she wants to do lol...
    pregpan - yeah i dnt think Asha is ready for farrax from the replies just need to top her up if shes really hungry it is sooo hard knowing what to do sometimes!!!
    md - reflux as you would probably know is a very hard thing.. its really on and off yesterday wasnt too bad where as today i cant count the number of times i have been spewed on and hours shes been unhappy for but hey i am getting better at managing and settling her so its all a learning experience..

just fyi for brsbane people...there's a 2nd hand market in carina this sun 9-12. says there're new stuff too. info on their website Zero 2 Five > Home ( DNN 4.3.5 )

oops! guess i cant post web address...anyway it's called zero2five

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast