Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #7

hi all!!
    i don't know when the last time i logged on was... but it was a while ago - i don't know how you can all keep up to date!! my life feels SO hectic at the moment!!
    i went to Perth for my sister's 30th last thurs but am now back in melbourne. abigail was a very good girl on both flights - slept the WHOLE time!! she doesn't usually sleep very much during the day so i think it must have been all the background noise and the motion that kept her asleep... it was a pleasant surprise!!
    i have a good friend visiting from Brazil at the moment so i have lots of social functions over the next week. i've been expressing milk to leave for my DH on Sat night - we're going out for a serious girls night so he will be left to his own devices with Abigail for an extended period for the first time!! i hope it goes well... she hasn't drunk from a bottle for a few weeks now, but i'm sure she won't care less - she's such a PIG!!
    after all of the hoo-haa about her slow weight gain in the first few weeks (when they were trying to get me to put her on formula), she has gained 1kg in the last 3 weeks!! she is growing so fast - i really will be lucky if she gets to wear all of her 000 outfits!! oh well...
    sorry to hear about Sasha's hip brace Queenie - hope her hips stabilise quickly... the midwife told me that i had a 2nd degree tear too but i never actually read up about it, so it doesn't mean anything to me!! i'm glad you took my advice on the laxatives though - made the first toilet trip much less scary!!
    pregpan, sorry to hear that having the in-laws over was so stressful.. i only had mine here for 3 nights and that drove me insane!! i'm so glad that i live on the other side of the country to our families... it means that i can figure things out for myself without too much interference... of course, as abigail gets older it would be nice for her to have cousins to play with and grandparents to babysit her...
    ok, i better log off. i have SO MUCH stuff to do around the house!! at least i got the majority of the thank-you cards out of the way today - thank god!!
    i will try and log in more often and keep semi-up-to-date, but can't promise anything!!
    hope everyone is going well!!

Oh bummer, my bottles have been leaking all over the place today. Just looked on the net, apparently avent bottles have this problem. And I thought I had boiled my teats for too long.
    Last edited by Isadora; November 15th, 2007 at 10:02 PM.

hi everyone
    just found a couple of minutes to log on, but i'm so darned tired that i haven't got time to read through any posts! Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say hi. I'm hoping to catch up on all of your goss, so i can see how your all going, might have to make some time on the weekend.
    Missing my time chatting with you guys heaps. (but loving being busy with my family too )

hi girls - remember me?

well there is just too many posts down there to even start to contemplate on catching up on. sorry

well, things are going well here. T is a good girl, she loves her mum & dad and has been threatening to add a vocal laugh to all her gorgeous smiles... one day soon.

Jazmum - nice to hear from you - i am tired too. this morning at 3am I just thought to myself - oh yeah, *sigh* i have to feed her. isn't that terrible of me?

Hayley - I would contact Avent and complain - you may even get new ones or a refund? I have Tommee Tippee bottles which I put boiled/cooled water in for T and she took to them like a duck to water - and they don't leak!

Ella - wow U ventured to perth - lol great stuff on A sleeping on the plane.

Queenie - sorry to hear about S's brace - its good to fix the prob now though - you are doing the right thing.

Sherie - congrats on your new car - and selling the old one! (what a relief).

Renee - I am so impressed with you coping with work and baby. Well done girl!

Marydean - how was your mother's club? we had our 2nd on wed and did baby massages. T loved it. Next wk we talk about settling - FINALLY! lol.

Noni - i still need to loose 10kgs - you are doing EXCELLENT in my book!

To all those mums with a picture attached to your signature - THEY ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL BABIES!

Hmmm thinking about getting another tattoo. Maybe Pete the Dragon? My uncle who was like my 2nd dad painted me pete the dragon before he died. And my cousin (his daughter) is thinking about getting one to match.
    He died a few months before his son and daughter were born (they were IVF twins). They were trying for so long and just after they fell pregnant he was diagnosed with cancer. He was far too sick to go to the ultrasound but we believe he heard when my Aunty told him that they were having a baby boy & a girl. Anywhooo Pete the Dragon reminds me of something precious, not to take things for granted. Strange hey...
    OH and I was thinking of getting a little scripted 'R' underneath for Rory.

bought some of that bio oil stuff today anyone know if it works??
    renee - i am getting another tattoo as well.. well kinda a continuation of the one i have already.. its a small butterfly on my shoulder and i want to get "Asha" and more butterflies kinda coming up from her name iykwim?
    supab - i still have almost 10 to loose idealy as well but now just 3.7kgs to go untill i get to the top of my healthy weight range.. once i get there i will probably re assess and see how much i still want to lose...
    jazmum - good to see you on
    haley - def contact the company and get a refund!!!

Pregpan thats great that you have made a new friend. I think I might have to look into a mothers group too.

Ella have fun on Sat night. Good to see that Abigail is putting on weight now.

Renee I am thinking about getting another tat too. Perhaps another butterfly with logans name underneath, still undecided. DH is going to get another one too.

Jazmum good to see you, glad everything is going well at your end.

Noni I used the bio oil while I was pregnant, got a few stretch marks but nothing to bad. I didnt get them until I was overdue.

Hayley I would see about getting a refund if the bottles are faulty.

Logan slept in his cot last night, woke up at 3 for a feed and then went back down until 8am. He is asleep in there now too so I might be able to pack up the bassinet soon. We are off to get Logans pic taken with Santa tomorrow and hopefully print out some Christmas cards with his adorable little face on them.

Dwyane has got Rory tattooed on the inside of his arm but the y looks like a d, RORD haha

Awwww Katie, I want to get some photo's with Santa too! Where are you getting them done??? I need to put Rory in his big boy cot too, he is far too big for his bassinette now. He is asleep in his cot at the moment because he spewed in his bassinette haha

hi everyone!! wow so many of you have tattoos. not my thing actually but if it was i think a new baby is a good reason to add to the collection LOL!
    it is SO hot here today - yuk. poor Noah hates the heat. i think he has a cold too, i could hear it in his sleep last night and had the get the fess out at 3am to try to unblock his nose. how grossis the little asiprator things that come with the fess (but it did do the trick!)
    Ella - good to hear from you - and it sounds like Abigail is doing so well... I am so glad. Noah is getting big in is 000's as well and even fits some 00s (bonds) and clothes from some shops (like Country road) that say 3-6 months (in fact a couple of them are actually tightish - what's with that?? he isnt above avg so i dont know how that works!!).
    Sherie - great news you sold the car!

Funny story - 2 nights ago Noah slept from 9 -6 - wooooooo hoooooooooo!!!!!!! BUT on that same night our freezer had an inexplicable prob and the freezer alarm went off every 50 mins and DH and I had to get up to turn it off (there is nothing wrong w the freezer it is an alarm malfunction LOL) so we got less sleep than usual!!!

OK better go, we are off to Syd this afternoon (leaving later) so I need to pack the car - you should see how much stuff we are taking, we are basically transporting the whole house for Noah lOL!!

Asha sleeps in her tetra in the cot but she will soon outgrow it... that or shes in with us lol...
    Asha will get her photo with santa too just at westpoint.. they can actually make cards for you, i mean like they have a package where u get cards and the photos are in them or on them or something looked cute we will probably get them as well as some photos to put up or keep or something...

pregpan - lol at your freezer alarm!!! Asha is only just going into 000s now still fits most of her 0000 and newborn clothing but everyone keeps telling me she looks big for 7wks lol i am confused!!!

pregpan - that is hilarious!! You poor things.
    noni - so sorry i missed your birthday - i hope you had a good day - did Asha get you anything nice? My first birthday with Jess as a bub was a special one. When she was 9 months old, my DH had made a shirt (using puffy paints) that said 'Happy birthday Mummy" on it. When i went in to pick her up in the morning she was wearing it.(dh had got up earlier and changed her without me knowing) It was sooooo special.
    Well Hannah is in her cot in her own room now. (i have slept in the room with her for the past 2 nights, 'cause i'm finding it hard to let go lol. She starts at one end of the cot and ends up at the other!! I left her on a blanket on the lounge room floor the other day, while i hung out some washing. When i got back she had moved completely off the blanket and had turned a corner!!!!!
    anyway, the ironing is beckoning. Ruddy ironing!!!!!!

hi everyone! been reading even if i haven't been posting.
    thanks for the advice on how to settle her. will try them tomorrow. have decided that today was going to be a "stress-free" day for both of us, so i've been giving her formula (after trying the bbs), picking her up without delay, and now have her sleeping in a pack (baby bjorn type) in front of me. so far, so good. i guess i'll know for sure at 5 (arsenic hour/s) if my stress-free day worked. and then will try the settling suggestions over the weekend when i've got dp to help walk or rock her.
    will be going to the 2nd hand market in carina on sunday. was wondering, i've got a fisher price rainforest bouncer but she doesn't fall asleep in it. is there something i can get that may make her fall asleep without me having to walk and carry her? i figured, if it's 2nd hand, it's not as much a waste of money if it doesn't work as it would be if i bought it in the shops brand new.
    also, read a lamaze book to her today...fly ladybug (or something like that), she seemed to understand and enjoy the book. plan to get another one of them at the market if i see any.
    sherie, good on you selling the car.
    same here, didn't realize that there are so many people with tats. not my thing either. probably has to do with my fear of needles.
    pregpan, funny story...but i'd probably be crying at the missed opportunity for a full nights sleep.
    funny about the aspirator...didn't know what it's called until after i got dp to get one at the pharmacy. have always called it "snot sucker" and dp had to go into the pharmacy and tell them that i was asking him to get a "snot sucker". they figured it out in the end.
    jazmum, and all the other experienced mums, so, when do i get the confidence to leave her in the room for longer than 2 mins? i find myself rushing everything like going to the toilet and brushing my teeth. when i leave the room, she will start grizzling (?---it's not a cry yet) within a minute. and i go rushing to pick her up. bad mothering? *sigh
    well, enough of that, i'm not going to have a bad day so won't dwell on that.
    instead, i should share that i think i've got a really smiley baby. she's very quick at smiling back when you smile at her. makes my day. very cheeky smile too that shows off the dimple and lights up the eyes.
    ok...having lunch now.
    sorry, for missing personals for a lot of you.

fianne - does the bouncer vibrate? i have a fisher price linkadoos bouncer and u can turn it on and it vibrates i find if i put her in it and turn it on Asha will often fall asleep or if she is really fussy i can get my foot going at the same time and have it bouncing and vibrating lol seems to do the trick most of the time though i dnt know that i could put her in it at arsenic hour.. i always find going outside at that time to help because she gets distracted by being in a different environment...

Noni - what a good idea - taking her outside! she has been out when DH did some gardening and she loved it. i will definately do that since the weather is just gorgeous too!

my arsenic hour is at 7pm

noni, yes, the bouncer vibrates but it doesn't seem to "calm" her. have done the vibrate/bounce with foot trick too but she just wants to be picked up and walked. am walking a hole in my living room carpet. and this isn't arsenic hour. this would be around mid-morning/day....11'ish when she's ready for her next lot of sleep.
    my arsenic hour was 5pm but i think it's moved up to 3pm the past couple of days. WAIT!!! it's 3pm and she's not cranky!!! oh, yeah, she's in the pack asleep...attached to me. guess it'll be 5 again then.

hi Fianne - Hannah will only go to sleep if i rock her. I try putting her in the rocker with a dummy, but she gets quite cranky. I have been guilty of going in to her whenever she makes a noise (she's a real snorter!!!) but now i try to leave her to see if she will go back to sleep. If she is crying though -i always pick her up. Just do whatever feels right or works for you. If carrying her around makes you both happy, then just go with that. Does Max like to have some tummy time. I have found that in the last couple of days after i give her a bit of a play on her tummy, she is extra tired and so falls asleep much quicker. I also find a nice bath - the Johnson & Johnson relaxing one - helps to make her a little more sleepy as well. i hope arsenic hour isn't too bad for you tonight.
    Is Max a tummy, side or back sleeper? I found that because Hannah slept so well in the HaB, curled up next to me, she sleeps better on her tummy.

hi jazmum. am better able to resist her little noises in the middle of the night...then she either goes back to sleep or starts crying which means something's not right. don't really like to let her get to the crying state during the day. carrying her around makes her happy but not necessarily me.
    i've got a sore thumb on my left hand. sort of like carpal tunnel when i was pregnant. hurts worse in the morning and better at the end of the day but it does get worse during the day if i overuse the thumb. lifting heavy frypan the other night, the pain afterwards went straight up the arm to just before the elbow. so, carrying 4kg of max around (squirming) doesn't really help it either.
    hope arsenic hour isn't bad either...she's still asleep. more than 2 hours now.
    well, we usually put her on her back (coz' the books say not to put them on their side or tummy) but i think she sleeps better on her side. haven't tried tummy. in saying that, might try putting her on tummy to sleep. have got one of those tommy tippee monitors which has a sensor and an alarm goes off if there's no movement sensed in 20 seconds. it's so sensitive it picks up her movements from just breathing.
    BB is just so great. have learned so much and has helped me through pregnancy and now through my daily challenges with max.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast