Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #8

Renee - Toys r us have one of those cot kicking things on sale atm, dont know if its the fisher price one?

Agnes - At the start I swore I wouldnt use a dummy, well that didnt last long. I do find that the dummy helps alot with self settling. Often as soon as I put it in, she closes her eyes. The only bummer is she drops it out sometimes and I have to keep running back to put it in, but she is getting better at keeping it in now and eventually she will fall asleep, it will drop out and she doesnt even know. We soon discovered that the dummy is a life saver!!

Hello Girls,

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.

Agnes- Toytoa Landcruiser 200 series. I test drove it yesterday and it was nice. Now just have to sell my car. So if any one is interested in my car to buy its on car sales just go to private sales and type in toyota landcruiser price is over 40,000 and postcode is 4022 its the black one with number plate LMD72.

We we are having friends over for a game of poker and bbq today so I better go and get ready Olivia is sleeping and should wake up about 1pm.

Hi Everyone! ~

I hope you're all doing well! ~ I've been skimming through some of your posts this morning but i've missed out on 2 months worth! Our computer died not long after i got home from hospy (fantastic timing) and it's taken this long for them to send us a replacement.

HUGE BELATED CONGRATZ TO EVERYONE WHO HAD THERE BUNDLES AFTER ME!!!(all the bubby pics are gorgeous!!!)

The good stuff...

Well Scarlet is beautiful, just like her mummy! hehe... She's really good, all this mummy stuff is easier than i thought it would be - There's the odd stressful moment but i'm nothing like the blubbering mess i expected. She's also HUUUGE, off the charts for weight, length and head circumfrence... My GP says she's the size of a 3 1/2 month old she's 6kg and 65cm!!! and estimates she'll be over 6ft tall, It's so bizzare because she wasn't born big (3.2kg and 55cm). She can roll over, hold her head up really well, she smilies all the time and giggles in her sleep (so cute).

The not so good stuff...

I'm like the world's most un-natural mum -lol- nothing went to plan, but Scarlet doesn't seem to mind one bit.

I tried to BF for 2 weeks before i went to formula, poor chicken was starving - she dropped 2kgs and my nipples almost tore off from trying then we had a cow's milk catastrophe so she's on goats milk - I swore i'd use cloth nappies - didn't happen, I can only wash 3 times a week because of our water restrictions - No way my bub was having a dummy...LOL... Yeah right! She loves it! and it totally saved my sanity!

anyway i'll keep it short - I know how precious time is now -lol-

Recovered completely from the c-sec, my scar looks like an itsy bitsy cat scratch and i'm almost back at my pre-preg weight. YAY.

Can't wait to catch up with you all... Have to say it again, the september babies are SO GORGEOUS! - good job everyone! hehe

~ Hayley xx

Hayley - we were all wondering how you were going - so fantastic to hear from you again. Sounds like everything is going fabulously for you all. Wow at how big Scarlet is!!!!!!! Rolling over already - sounds like she is growing beautifully. (isn't it just gorgeous when they giggle in their sleep!!)
    Marydean - Dreamworld is a fab place to go - even if you don't go on the rides. Friends of ours went on Friday and they didn't go on any of the big rides and said they had a ball. There is so much to do there.Bummer about your dh going away. I hope the standby trip doesn't eventuate.
    Queenie - hellooo there!! My leather couch is covered with 'boobiejuice' . I often have to cover my nipple with a towel for a couple seconds while the milk shoots out. Hannah still has her 'chucky' days. Sometimes they are quite chunky too. I have found also that she sometimes gives off signs that she is hungry and wants more - but normally is followed by a big burp or spew. If i think she has had plenty of milk and is squirming like she is still hungry, i will often hold her upright until she burps and then see if she still wants more.
    Hannah is having a big sleep right now and dh has taken the girls out to buy a kit for making Duck pancakes - like Peking Duck. Yummooooo.
    Exciting night on tv - can't wait to watch Idol!!!
    have any of you checked out the Deals Direct website? they have some good bargains on baby stuff.

Hi Jaz - Yes unfortunately I discovered dealsdirect.com! I really need to stop spending! We are FF and still manage to get the milk all over the leather lounge. We have a black one so it shows up even more.

Hayley - Wow Scarlet sounds like a happy, healthy baby! Congrats to you. Yep I had it all planned out as well, I wanted to BF, there would be no dummy etc etc, but it all went out the window hehe! I was a bit sad about FF but its all good now. Just as long as you are both happy then thats all that matters.

Good afternoon everyone,

I cant beleive it Logan slept through last night. I fed him at 6pm and he went to sleep around 7.30 and didnt wake until 7.30 this morning. He stirred at about 5.00 but went back to sleep with out me even having to get up. We were out and about a bit yesterday and he still just didnt seem himself, got home and realised he had a slight temperature. Was still happy just really lethargic. He is much better today though. I have finished all my Christmas shopping except for 2 bottles of wine for a hamper I made and my sisters stocking filler, and to top off my fab weekend, I have done the groceries and just finished vacuming and moping so my house is clean. Woo Hoo.

Hayley you sound as bad as me with Dealsdirect and ebay, basically anywhere you can shop online lol.

Jazmum I hope your enjoying your little bit of me time while H is sleeping and the girls are out.

LiddlePixie sounds like your doing a fantastic job with Scarlet. There is a long list of things I said we would try to avoid, including a dummy, co-sleeping and rocking to sleep I couldnt imagine doing things any other way now. You just have to do what ever feels right and whatever works for you.

Leanne good luck at Poker, I am terrible at poker. Sounds like a nice afternoon.

Agnes sound slike you have had a nice weekend. How do you cope having DH's bro live with you? My BIL lived with us for 9 months and moved out (was gently pushed out lol) just before Logan was born. I love my BIL and we get along really well but it drove me mental after about 3 months. I think I just wanted my DH back to myself lol.

Renne Rory sounds like Logan RE the turning it on for a crowd, Logan loves to give the ladies a big cheesy smile and the more they gush the more he smiles. I have a real ladies man on my hands.

Had better run, Logan is awake and wanting to play.

Quick one before Harry Potter reading duties start when Aus Idol finishes...voting for Matt but gee Nat did well tonight!! Will catch on rest of posts later....

WELCOME BACK LP!!! Soooo pleased to have you back, we all wondered after you...have you posted some pics of Scarlett? LOL at most un-natural mother in the world, I identify esp re the nappies and the dummy! Sounds like you are doing a fabulous job and so happy that you're going so well with it all. xxx

Jazmum, I'm sorry I'm having trouble imagining the duck pancakes...?!!

Horrible night here last night, Miss E was up several times doing really upset screaming-crying...why I still don't know...and all i could think was PUHLEASE do not do this when Daddy's away!!!!!

hi ladies! hope everyone had a good weekend. are you wishing it doesn't end like me? i just love having dp at home with me. i've basically let him "deal" with max this afternoon. i even put the ipod on so i don't hear and get upset and start taking her from him just to get her settled.
    went on our first longer car ride yesterday. went to gold coast for a bbq at a friend's. was a semi-successful trip. she doesn't like car rides. my car's a/c is temperamental and dies without a warning and can't get it back on. max got uncomfortable with the heat in really made it known. was sitting in the back with her and i was getting stressed. made dp pull over on the m1 thinking i was going to rock her outside the car. anyway, dp decided to just keep going and then opened the window so there was cool breeze and that calmed her down and lulled her to sleep (and her big cry must've got her tired too). everyone just loved her at the bbq. made us extra proud to be her parents.
    katie, i'm so envious with your full night's sleep. but i know that we'll all get to that stage later on.
    hayleys and katie, isn't it just so true? you have all these "ideals" and then reality kicks in and you throw what you thought you'd be doing out the window. great thing is our adaptability to these changes though.
    hayley (lp), was just wondering last night where you've been. glad to hear that all's well with you and scarlet.
    jazmum, hope you enjoyed your "me" time
    leanne, so did you win the poker game? were you playing texas hold em?
    on the dummy, i wish she liked it so i could use it to settle her. unfortunately, she just spits it out.
    oh, does anyone's little one dislike car rides? how did you overcome this? am anxious about our first car ride just the two of us on tuesday. am worried that i'll be so stressed if she cries and carries on all the way. should just be a 15-20 min ride into the city but it will be a long 15 minutes.
    oh, and on trying the settling techniques you ladies suggested, went out the window for this weekend. too busy. but i got a lot done. will give it a try next weekend.
    i have to say, am feeling proud of myself coz' i am getting better at resisting max's grizzling and cries. i am not rushing to her cot at the slightest whinge. yippee!!
    ok. gotta clean out the kitchen. dp did the cooking and i get to clean up.

Welcome back LP, glad to hear everything is going so well for you. I too am surprised at how much easier motherhood is than I was expecting (so far!)

Sherie, how is A's rash now?

Fianne, Will didn't like the car to begin with but then I realised he just didn't like the head thing. Once I took that out he was fine.

Ozstar, congrats on the good nights sleep. Will was doing 6 hours overnight but has gone back to 3-4 hours again. He keeps waking every time I put him in bed. I have ended up sleeping with him in the spare bed but I can't sleep when he is in bed with me, only doze. I am quite tired.

We went to the 0-5 market today, second hand baby stuff. I got a used Bumbo for $30 and we got a few little toys. I put him in the Bumbo for a while - he seems to like it but after a few minutes he starts tilting to the side. We also got a cot there, it was brand new though. Will kept getting attacked by his cradle, he was waving his arms though the sides then wiggling over until his head was wedged against the bars. I don't imagine I will get much sleep tonight as he doesn't seem to keen on it so far.

DH's grandmother has been over from NZ for a wedding and came to visit. She had 7 kids in 7 years, then another 4 years later. Her advice to me - breastfeeding isn't a good contraceptive! I asked her for any advice and all she could tell me was that every baby is different.

I hear a lot about tummy time. Should I be doing this? I put him on his tum every once in a while but he doesn't like it. He can't keep his head up for long and faceplants. He also pushes with his legs and drives his face into the ground.

Have to go, bath time is over and he is starting to crack it.
    Last edited by Artechim; November 18th, 2007 at 08:22 PM.

Hey All ~

I can hear all my neighbours phone calls through the baby moniter!!! Last night i switched the part off in the nursery and kept my end turned on and all of a sudden i could hear the neighbour on our left talking on his cordless phone - then about half an hour later i thought the lady on the left was at the front door, but it was her on the phone coming through the moniter too. It doesn't happen when i have both parts turned on - Does anyone else get that?
    (I bet you're going to try aren't you!).

We all went to a family dinner at my mum and dad's last night - My brother and sister's kid's (they have 7 girls between them) absolutely LOVE thier cousin and she loved the attention!

I have been hearing alot about dreamfeeding - does anyone know how it works and if it works?

My sister told me not to change Scarlet's nappy at night if she's only wet so i tried that last night - OMG - this morning it weighed more than she does! I don't think i'll be doing that again.

JaZMum - THANKYOU for getting me onto direct deals - It's awesome - Have to say i've never tried duck pancakes!

Hayley - We're FF too and there's milk EVERYWHERE... all through the house - I just noticed yesterday that there was milk all over the TV - I have no idea how it gets so far, I have a suspicion that DF likes to shake the bottles like crazy when i'm not around.

Ozstar - YAY at Logan sleeping through the night, You feel so much more energized the next day hey! Scarlet has only slept through once, After her immunsiations... I got all excited and thought it was going to be an every night kind of thing - no luck there lol.

Hey MD - I haven't got any pictures of Scarlet on the computer yet, I can't figure it out lol I'm going to get DF to help me do that tonight, all my family keep asking for emails with pictures and i still haven't gotten around to it.

Fianne - I was a nervous wreck when we drove anywhere, I turned into the worst back seat driver... 'slow down'..'turn your high beam on'...'can you see okay'...'oh my god there's something wrong with the tires'.

DF got sick of eventually, pulled over and told me if i didn't shut up i could hitch-hike lmao fortunately i'm over that now.
    I still haven't driven anywhere by myself with Scarlet in the car - I've been trying my hardest to avoid it, I guess i better get it over and done with soon though.

I must get in and have a shower and tidy up before my window of oppurtunity closes and i'm in my Pj's all day... again... lol.

~ Hayley xx

morning everyone
    lp - had a giggle when you said you've got milk on the tv!! I like on-line browsing, but when i see how much postage is per item, i get a little turned off.
    fianne - i always try to time car trips just after a feed - giving ample time for burps too though. Have you got a mirror in the back so you can see max through the rear vision window? I have a teddy bear Adore- a -View mirrow from Foxtrot, so i can check on her when i stop at lights etc.
    arte - tummy time is good for them - helps to strengthen those neck muscles. Having said that though, Hannah sleeps on her tummy - so she likes being on her tummy. i don't imagine it would be easy if it upset them each time.
    Well had my duck pancakes - delicious!!! It is duck meat on a thin pancake (not like the ones you make for brekky though) with Hoisin sauce and shallots.
    Hannah has been waking through the night doing huuuuuuge fluffs - sounds like an adult!!!!! I think i may have a mild gluten intolerance - do you think that could pass on to her through my breastmilk?
    hope you all have a great day!

LP I have to do the first solo car drive on Wed morning - not looking forward to it. I drove a little bit on the weekend with DH & DD both in the back. I'm most concerned about how to keep the sun off her without covering her face...
    Arte I've been told tummy time is important to help prevent a flat head from sleeping on the back. Even a little amount each day then build it up - a friend of mine's son screamed so she's had to build up the time from 30 secs! LOL We've only done it once sofar as we wanted her to get used to her hip harness first, but today's the day...
    Who was it who was talking about clicky hips? Wanted to say that DD has these and is in a harness now; if you want to ask any qs feel free. It is best to get this treated sooner rather than later.
    Thanks for the BF tips MD... somehow I managed to get my right boozie revved up last night & it seems to have a life of its own, squirting everywhere and filling up at a rate of knots. Somebody reassure me - is pain all over the boob, (i.e. tender to touch, feels bruised), without any redness, anything to worry about??
    OMG I am SO tired... ugh.

Hey Hayley!!!! So great to *see* you again! Scarlett is doing so well too. To answer your question about dreamfeeds, it's bascially a feed you do when they are asleep, or just about asleep to make them sleep for longer. I have had good success with it for all of mine, but I only do it if they go to sleep early kwim? Like with Alister sometimes he will fall asleep at 6.30 just after a feed and will often settle into a real deep sleep, so I semi wake him at about 8.30-9, change his nappy, put his pj's on and then give him a bottle. He rarely wakes up fully and then I just put him straight into bed afterwards and he sleeps through to his normal time of 6.30am.

Just a quick one from me - Lindsay is home with a tummy bug and you really don't want to know what my house looks like ATM. Alister is going great. The aqueous cream is doing wonders on his skin so it looks so much better. Mind you the poor little fella looks like he is ready to swim the English Channel most of the time, but if it works then he will just have to put up with it LOL. I have him quarantined in my room for today, I really don't want him to get sick, but if he does I am glad I have the lactose free formula to give him instead of the lactogen. He is becoming so much more aware of things around him now too. Doesn't like tummy time all that much, so I only do it for a little while. I have also been getting him to bed by 8.30 now and he wakes up at 6.30, but the flip side of that is he is awake for a good part of the day now, only having one small sleep in the morning (about 45mins-1hr) and then another slightly longer snooze in the afternoon. And he graduated to the cot last night too - his feet were touching the end of the bassinette LOL. When I put him down last night I said to DH that he must really like it because he looked like a little starfish, all spread out. So now I have to lash out and get new cot sheets as the ones I have are all worn out from the other three and the sheet I have on there isn't too bad, but the elastic is all perished on the fitted sheet.

Morning Ladies,

Sherie- I hope L greats better soon. Olivia has been in her cot for about 3 weeks now as bassinett was getting rather cramped. lol.

Hi LP- glad your back
    I dont actually play poker but DH does. He ended up $40 down.
    Olivia was so unsettled last night it started from 11.30pm and by 3am I was so tired I just gave her a bottle and went back to sleep.
    MD- My DH is going away this week too. but only for 2 nights.

Have a wonderful day today girls.

hey everyone
    welsome back lp good to hear everythings going well with u and scarlet... lol i am the same we are ff and Asha loves her dummy lol....
    well just a quick one think i am getting a cold, have a sore throat everytime i wake up and i feel really tired... also have really horrible cold sores!! anyone have a miracle remedy for cold sores they want to share??? they are in the corners of my mouth so everytime i opened my mouth they split open its killing me!!! that and my lips are all dry and awful.. pretty sure this means the flue is coming... cry!!!
    well better go clean up dp had friends over and the house is a pig sty!! his idea of cleaning is putting rubbish in bags and leaving it somewhere in the house!! that and leaving bottles (like aerogaurd) with lids off etc etc etc

Warning this could be a long post with TMI, but I need some advise. On Sat I got AF again, thats 3 times in 6 weeks. Do you think I should go to the Dr? Could it be bad to bleed this often? I am worried the Dr will want me to go back on the pill which means I have to stopp breast feeding. I read up about the mini pill but apparently that is more likely to make them worse not reggular. Hmmm I just dont know what to do. I have no cramping or clots or anything. Also Logan is becoming fussy at the breast while I have AF.

Ok second question is it bad to pick bubs up under the arms? I have been doing this and read somewhere last night that is bad and that I should be picking him up with one hand behind his head and one under his bum.

third and final question I am sure I asked this before but do I need to wipe Paw Paw cream off my nipple before each feed? It is doing wonders for the crack but I wasnt sure if I need to be wiping it off. I only put it on after each feed so it is just a small amount of ressidu by the next feed.

Ok thats it for now. Logan is gettign unsettled so I will be back later for personals.

Oz - I pick Scarlet up under her arms all the time because she holds her head up really well now, I don't think it bothers/hurts her also Lanolin is fantastic for cracked nipples, it has no smell or taste, is safe for bub and it's not very expensive - My nipples were horrible because she was just sucking and sucking and i had no milk but it cleared them up in about 2 days - Sorry i don't know about the AF situation.

katie- you don't need to wipe off the paw paw ointment. I haven't got any advice re the af, bu if you are at all concerned maybe a trip to your doc would be good - just to put your mind at ease.
    i pick H up under the arms all of the time too.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast