Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #8

Morning everyone,

Gracie its hurts enough when I just stub my toe I cant imagine how much it hurts when it is broken. I hope you have a beautiful lunch today, I am sure your mum is looking down and watching out for Lewis.

MD good luck with E's needles.

LP I cant beleive your BIL rode 100km, thats insane. Glad ot hear he is ok now.

Jazmum that is disgusting, what is wrong with some people.

Noni well done on the Christmas shopping and finding a good Santa. We went to get Logans Santa photos last weekend, but I didnt like Santa and I could see the pics on the computer (someone elses child) and didnt like them.

I am off to get my hair done tomorrow, I have a wedding to go to next weekend and my hair looks terrible. I really wanted to wait until closer to Christmas before getting it done, oh well I will just have to go again before Christmas

Back again everyone. E's needles were awful, she turned bright red and howled more than she ever has since she was born - on the first needle. It really hurt her and the nurse said the first one doesn't usually upset them quite as much as that. Poor baby, lots of cuddles from mummy and daddy today, I think.

Gracie, I'm sure your mum knows all about Lewis and is with your little family all the time. xxx Hope today goes well & I'm sure having Lewis there will be a huge comfort to your dad and your mum's friends too.

Ps I can't believe you haven't been to the dr with your broken toe!!!! Get it looked at hun, it might need to be popped back into place if you keep kicking it into things!

Fianne, yes i agree especially scary with girls, but bad men do bad things to boys as well. I was on a youth camp once and a young guy told me he'd been sexually assaulted on his way home from school (he was 14 at the time) and 2 years had passed and he'd never told a soul (I was the first person he confided in). I *never* let any children in my care out of my sight in public places (that includes not letting them go to the toilet alone). Even my nephew who was like 13 or something had to wait until DH had recce'd the men's dunny when we were out!

Noni, well done with your Christmas shopping, I'll be braving the crowds to get a couple of things today too. I've finally got a few ideas starting to pop into my head...

Gracie ~ I hope you have a lovely lunch - I'm sure your mum's friends are going to love meeting Lewis.

Noni ~ That santa photo is SO CUTE! love the outfit you have Ash in, Glad your shopping trip went well - Starting to think going xmas shopping tomorrow isn't a good idea, Being a saturday and all.

MD ~ How old is your DD#1? Have a feeling i'll be in need of some pre-teen advice over the coming months - He's very different to how i remember i was at his age and he can sure be a handful!

Jazmum - That is absolutely disgusting!! What a freak. Wouldnt want to do that to me I'd attack it with my hand bag hehe (probably not the best idea but just makes me so angry)!!! Dirty, dirty man.

Hayley - Oh the poor thing, you just want to laugh dont you. Cant believe he rode so far though! Pretty dangerous, especially with freaks like the above on the loose. Bet mum wasnt too pleased with him! Did you get the FP swing? It looks great, Scarlet will love it. Wish I could get it for Maddie, but have to think about the freaking mortgage!! I wouldnt be able to wait till chrissy either to open it!

Gracie - Enjoy your lunch. Your mum would be very very proud I'm sure. Get your toe checked out!

Noni - The Santa photo is so cute!! Must get one done, I have a million and one things to do before christmas, but this has to top the list.

Marydean - Oh no poor Elisabeth. Its horrible watching them have needles isnt it? Maddie had HEAPS in hospital, they thought she had an infection so they were taking blood all over the joint. I'm kinda hoping having already had so many needles, her immunisations will be a bit easier, I doubt it though.

Katie - Oh you lucky thing! Still havent had my hair done....it hasnt been cut since August whoops!

Its so hot here today 36 deg. My cat has escaped outside (keep him indoors on hot days) and I can hear him having a stand-off with the neightbours cat! Great they will be at it all day.

Hope you all have a lovely day!!

Noni - The dress in Asha's santa pic, is that from PP? Its gorgeous.

LP, My DD is 9 going on smart-mouthed-13 LOL! Not sure I'm the best person for advice, am still learning (the hardway I think when you're the parent). At least as SIL you get a different relationship, less about needing to have that authority (like you do when you're the parent), it's more of an equal relationship, that's what I found with my nephews anyway.

Maddie has been soooo sleepy all morning, she usually wakes at 8.00am but this morning was still sound asleep at 10am. I got her up and fed her (she hardly opened her eyes) changed her nappy, (which usually wakes her up) put her back to bed and she's still asleep! Very unusual of her, should I be worried, or could it be the heat or a growth spurt? Wanted to go get a santa pic done, but I think she'll be asleep on his lap!

haley - wouldnt wory about the sleepyness unless she has a fever or isnt feeding well.. the pic would still be cute if she was asleep!!! and yep the dress is pp lol my mum bought it when we were out shopping together its the first time shes been big enough to wear it, though it should fit her for a while its still a little big..

morning all, sorry selfish post, this sleep deprivation is really starting to take its toll. Somebody tell me it gets better! really dont know how much more of this i can take. that and missy's powerchucks, one of which ended up inside my bra and the othr on our doona! i dont know if she is drinking too much & it is overflow, but the amount and force is quite scary. Plus i think she might have a bladder infection as she screams before she pees...
    sorry i can't remember everythin g everyone's been up tgo, but i can tell you i was on yasmin for a few years before TTC and found it fine: no weight gain issues and also (thankfully) did not trigger depression for me either. I also got it for $48-56 or so for 3 months from Chemist Warehouse, so investigate cheaper suppliers if you can. The other one I found was really good was Levlen (which I think is the generic version of Brevinor 1 but can't remember). I have tried all and sundry and had to stop many as I found them contributing to depression.
    ugh, one hour after starting this post I'm finally finishing it!!
    xx to everyone - hope you're all well and that your little bundles are happy and healthy.

Queenie it really does get easier. Have you had her checked for reflux? Maybe it is worth a trip to the Dr to check the bladder infection and powerchucks.

Hayley I agree with Noni if she doesnt have a fever then she is probably ok. It is probably the heat making her sleepy, its so hard not to worryt hough isnt it.

Noni Asha looks adorable in the Santa pic. I cant wait to have Logans done.

MD poor E, needles are horrible. I was just saying to DH that before I know it I will be taking Logan for round two (4 month needles).

I requested my progress notes from my labour last week and they arrived today. They arent as intersting as I had hoped lol. I really just wanted to see what times the things I remembered happened, like how long I lasted before requesting the gas etc.

Hi everyone - thought I better post before this thread closes off!

We had a lovely week in Canberra and K was doted on by all the family. She was very well behaved, just one night that she was really fussy and had trouble sleeping, but we found a big booger up her nose the next morning so that might have had something to do with it. She slept for 9 hours straight the night we got back!

Got almost all of the Chrissie presents done too which is great.

We have needles next Monday. Not looking forward to it.

Jazmum - what a weirdo, I hope the girls didn't see anything.

Gracie - hope you had a lovely lunch and that toes heals quickly.

MD - thanks for the advice on the markets.

Had a small meltdown yesterday afternoon. DD had been on a 3 hour or less schedule all day so I hadn't had a nap and I could not get her to sleep in the afternoon. Couldn't go for a walk because it was raining. Had to call DH and say come home now - he found us in the wardrobe, hiding in the dark. But it worked, she had settled and was starting to finally fall asleep. He took her and I went for a drive and went and read the paper overlooking the ocean. Nice to get out of the house, but just having him home to assist made a big difference.

Have a lovely weekend everyone - no cricket tomorrow and uni is finished so DH will be able to have lots of play time this weekend which will be good.

time for a new thread again

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789