Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #9

Argh.
    I usually bath Scarlet every day but it's been pouring rain here all weekend and it's freezing so i haven't given her a bath - Just top and tailed her, It's really cold again today and she's starting get a bit smelly. I might just have to put a towel in the drier for her so she doesn't freeze.

Hey Agnes, just wanted to pop on and say the rotavirus vacc side effects last a bit longer than the others, the virus peaks in their poo on day 7 after the needle (meaning the virus is multiplying that whole time) so if it's made him unsettled you might expect it to last until after that point, KWIM?

Queenie, big big hugs, hun, you are sounding like you're out there in new-baby chaos - it WILL get better! Let us know how you get on with Sasha at the drs...I'm PMing you a link about reflux which will help to identify if it's a problem or not. xxx

Re the high temps for babies, the Healthline lady told me anything over 37.0 degrees in a baby under 3 mths old you should get it checked out. If there's a rash, high fever, or neck stiffness then take them to a doctor or the emergency room straight away.

Cally ummmm I was going to say something to you but I've definitely completely forgotten... Glad you had a nice w/end and got out of the house, it makes such a difference doesn't it? BTW how is your C/S recovery going...all better now? Feeling back to your normal strength again?

LP, E's been having facewasher washes every couple of days while DH is away, normally he does the bath as I still find it exhausting to stand and hold E for that long (sad I know). Time for some physio I think.

Huge w/end for us, went up to Woll to stay with friends, E was actually quite settled until about an hour before we left yesterday arvo when she cracked it. Not back considering she had her vacc's on Fri. Lots of extreme foul runny poo tho. Also H has nits (100's of them) which I only noticed yesterday so I had her up late combing thru last night so she will be grumpy this pm. No live lice tho, strange??

Funny while we were there my friend's SIL & bro turned up in a state of high panic...their 1 mth old baby had nappy rash and they were terrified it was something sinister LOL. My friend & I were like, yep that's nappy rash, stay calm, here's the cream...LOL. Funny how much easier it is when you've done it all once before!
    Last edited by AnyDream; November 26th, 2007 at 09:05 AM.

MD ~ Hope you had a nice weekend.
    Why are you finding it hard to hold her for long periods of times, Are you still recovering from the CS? or is something else wrong? - Still find my incision can hurt a bit when Scarlet kicks me or i knock it on something. It is strange that there were no live lice in H's hair... good though!

lp, love scarlet's photos. max doesn't like hiccups either. gets quite upset when she gets them. but just recently. didn't used to bother her...or not that it seemed like it anyway.
    md, i'm with you on bathing bub. i have only ever bathed max once and that was with MIL on standby for assistance. if dp's unable to, she doesn't get a bath...just a wipe. am just too afraid to drop her. i've got one of those things that you put in the bath but am still too much of a wuss...and it also give them a special daddy and daughter only time.
    guess lice might be in "season"....met up with friends for lunch yesterday and they had to leave early-ish coz' they still had to de-lice their daughter's hair.
    max was sooo good yesterday. went to the gap tavern for lunch and she was happy in the car ride over (maybe she's getting used to it?) and we took her in the basket/capsule (whatever it's called) and she placidly sat there. looked like she might start to grizzle so picked her up and cradled her while chatting and next thing i knew, she was asleep!!! i think it was the first time that she's slept w/o bouncing or walking. must've been the cool breeze that lulled her to sleep.
    love this weather at the moment! wish it could be this weather year round.
    question for those who might have thoughts on this....because i'm from the philippines, i've been sent a letter with an appt for a free bcg (tb) vaccine for max on thurs jic we go to the phils or have someone come over who could have it (i guess). now, she'll be 2 mos on the 6th of dec and looking at the health center's sched, she can have her 2-mo vaccine on the 3rd or the 17th. now, was originally going to go for it on the 3rd but because of this bcg, was thinking the 17th. my problem with the 17th is that we've decided to go to perth on the 23rd for xmas so that dp's nana can meet her. originally, we were going to stay in bne and have PIL and SIL come over to celebrate with us but MIL thought that it would be nice for nana to meet the latest member of the family and because she's in her 80's and not getting any younger, we decided to go there. so, do i schedule her 2-mo a week after bcg vaccine or a week from her first plane ride? any thoughts on this ladies?
    also, after having a great day yesterday, she was extremely fussy late yesterday evening. would suddenly start fretting while feeding on the breasts. seems to still be wanting to feed as she keeps coming back to the bb's. so decided to put her on the bottle to make it easier but halfway through, it was the same....still seeming to be hungry or wanting the bottle but was crying while sucking and would push bottle out and then pull it back in. anybody has idea on why? she's fine today but i was just wondering if anybody had any ideas coz' i really don't like to see her upset. (uh oh....spoilt baby)

well it was my dads g/fs birthday yesterday and we got her a chocolate mud cake topped with profiterols and shaved chocolate from the cheesecake shop... i havnt yet touched it and am hoping not too (especially after the chocolate biscuits i have been eating lol) so i better get a good number at ww for my restraint or it might all just be down the toilet lol
    lp - no dnt think its required to give them water just nice if its really hot and they are thirsty, i gave it to Ash yesterday to bring her temp down... i knw the jolly jumpers are 3mths hoping the jumperoo is the same so i can use it when she gets it either way it will still be good to have...
    haley - i gave Asha some panadol before the injections but she spewed just after i gave it to her lol so idk how much stayed in her.. certainly didn't stop her crying when she had them poor thing... i also gave her some when she was hot and iritable after having them so its good to have some on hand...
    renee - i think she is slowly getting better.. its horrible to see her just not her self i know u understand coz rory wasnt himself a little while ago too.. i hope they have alot of support too i'm not close with them they are friends of my aunts i know them but havnt seen them in a while iykwim? not about to stick my nose in now especially since we have a bub and they lost their little one gosh its awful i wouldnt even know what to say...
    fianne could it be reflux? maybe shes hungry but is having a bit of pain from reflux and pulling away? just a theory maybe someone else has some other ideas...

just went on the fisher price website and it says there isn't an age its as soon as bubs can hold her head up without help so we will be able to use it straight away we are getting it this weekend now the only thing is figuring out where to put it!!!

LP, I think my pelvis/lower back is still a bit "sloppy", and also my incision hurts sometimes too. I guess because I didn't really get active for several weeks longer than normal (due to the infection) it has just slowed the pelvic recovery down that bit. But I must say every day I feel stronger and stronger.

Fianne re the vacc, I would opt for a week before the plane ride (I just think best to space them out as much as poss) BUT having said that if your 80 yo Nana is going to be spending time then maybe delay the rotavirus until after your trip? (it's a live vaccine so you really can't take your baby anywhere there might be immuno-compromised ppl). If I were you, I would ring the MCHN and have a chat to them about whether you can space the rotavirus out (bearing in mind you have to have both RV vacc's before 24 weeks of age because no studies have been done on the safety/efficacy after that point). Does that make sense?

Fianne, with the fussing, maybe she was thirsty? I find at the end of the day if I've not drunk enough I get a lot of similar fussing - it's like I'm a bit dehydrated so there's not enough of the watery thirst-quenchy milk in there - if I've drunk enough she will be happy to have several short feeds, or even feed from both sides (more foremilk). So when she fusses like that I just drink a huge glass of water straight away and then another one more slowly and that seems to help. Also E fusses and pulls off if she's a bit windy (lower tummy) too. HTH.

Re the panadol before the vacc, did this routinely with DD1, but was told specifically NOT to this time (so you can give the baby the full dose later in the day if they need it then due to fever etc). But based on E's reaction, I think I will give her a dose beforehand next time as it *really* hurt her.

Noni, maybe you will have to kick someone else out of the house so there are more room for Asha's toys, LOL! So so sorry to hear about another death, are you feeling ok or is it freaking you out? I'm just asking because if that was me I think it would push all my anxiety buttons at once.
    Last edited by AnyDream; November 26th, 2007 at 11:31 AM.

Fianne ~ Scarlet does the same thing with fussing at her feeds, She pushes the bottle out and sooks and shakes her head like a fruit loop because she's still hungry - She especially does it when DF feeds her because he holds her differently, I've noticed she does it alot when she's not comfy and holding her closer to my chest helps.
    DF thinks they're mini temper tantrums and she's getting ready for when she's a toddler. lol.

MD as usual, you've been a fount of useful info! thanks. wil ring qld health ctrs to ask. at least i know what i need to ask (look out for). may have been slightly dehydrated yest arvo from the beer i had with lunch. oops! wil keep it in mind and make sure to drink more water or give her some.
    lp, i hope your dp's not right. practive tanty's at 7 weeks?!?!
    noni, you could b right too and it's just reflux....we won't really know for sure, will we? c'est la vie!

I'VE GOT A LIFE!!!

forgot to share with you ladies that i finally tried putting max on her tummy (as someone in here suggested) to sleep during the day and it worked!!! tried it last friday after putting her to sleep on my chest for about half an hour or so...she still stayed asleep for an hour on her tummy!!! i've now got 2 hands (as you can tell since i'm able to post more *lol) back. thanks so much to whoever suggested this!!

fianne - congrats on your new found life!!
    md - yes need to kick everyone else out just to fit Ashas toys lucky baby.. i should be telling ppl smaller toys lol but then i feel like she misses out just because of our circumstances so i would prefer to be tripping over toys then to have her miss out iykwim? as for the anxiety thing i dnt think i feel so much anxious because they were both newborn incidences one a still birth and the other an existing condition not something like cot death or a mystery etc.. it more makes me feel awfully sad and very emotional about having Asha i have no idea what would have happened if she hadn't made it here to be with us... it makes me think about her little heart going down to 20 during the contrax and brings up all the what if questions u know?

Whoops just realised I missed a whole heap of posts, so I have edited this one.

Renee - Dont mind my previous post asking where toys r us is open today, i'm loosing my marbles, I was thinking today is Sunday!!

Hayley - Sometimes Maddie has major hiccups as well and she cant sleep. I just do what you do, cuddles till they go. Lucky you, your DP sounds wonderful! You definately wont feel frumpy after all that pampering!

Fianne - Oh yay! My mum said to me that she used to sleep all of us girls on our tummy from a young age, because thats what worked best. & also Maddie sometimes has the same fussy little feeds too and I'm thinking omg whats wrong with her, what am i doing wrong hehe.

Marydean - Headlice, what a pain!! I remember mum forever treating our hair while we were at school, it seemed you'd get rid of them and then one of us would catch them again and then that would be it, we all had it. Do they still have those electric combs?

For whoever was asking about giving FF bubs water, I was told to do this so I do it pretty much every day. I give Maddie her bottle 1st and then if she finishes it, I add a bit of the steralised water to her bottle and give her that. I only do it a couple of times a day. Also because its been quite hot in Perth lately and dont want her to dehydrate.

Just a quick q re: post baby body - has everyones belly buttons gone back into place? Mine is DISGUSTING, its still popped out and has a hanging flap lol at the top, and when I wear anything you can see it through my tops. I've taken to wearing a tight belly band to keep it down (and to suck in the baby belly!) And pigmentation, stretch marks.....my stomach is a mess!!! Just wondering when it starts to look normal again?
    Last edited by Isadora; November 26th, 2007 at 12:35 PM.

hayley, ditto on the yucky belly button. mine's still not as "deep" as it used to be and the whole belly button area is still darker in color. also still have the linea negra (sp?) or black line but it's slowly getting shorter. anybody? when does it look normal?

My belly is pretty much back to normal, just a lil bit more jiggly and my skin seems drier - My belly button never popped though, i didn't get any stretch marks and i never got the linea thingy till after i had scarlet.. Then it went away in a few days.

My belly button is normal (but it never popped out). Still have the linea negra though, it might have faded slightly, but not much. Also have the very attractive belly overhanging my scar.

MD - I think I am fully back to normal following the Csection. Haven't had any twinges for about a month and am able to move around fairly well. We try and go for a long walk most days, but it will still be a while before I get back to my usual gym visits (but that's mainly because of what to do with DD).

K has graduated into her cot for daytime naps. Has gone down today and yesterday without any grizzling which is great. Was very good for her injections. Some very loud screams and some tears (from mummy too) while they went in, but the nurse got a smile before we left.

Had a bath with her last night. She had so much fun with me in there too and lasted a much longer time. And it saved DH's back from bending over. And she also had her first night of settling herself off to sleep instead of falling asleep during the feed or having to snuggle in with DH so that was nice. Had to spend a while ssshhhing and patting her tummy, but we got there. She's very good during the day, but nights are always fussy.

Fianne - well done on getting a life! Will be nice to get some of those things done around the place that you just can't when you're hanging onto a baby!

my belly button never popped either but it's still not back to normal.

lp, same-o, skin around belly area is soooo dry.

cally, yup! "get things done that you can't when you're hanging onto a baby".....all i've accomplished today is get on bb!!! i am sooo bad!

hello everyone!!!
    had a quick read over the posts.... sounds like we are all doing well with our bubs. I wonder how eleven is getting along? we havent heard from her in ages! and also cindy (joels girl) - hope all is ok with you both!
    everything has been going well here - Noah is just gorgeous and still changing all the time. he has had a cold last week (i was also sick) but we are both a lot better now. he has cradle cap now but i am not worried about it as it doesnt bother him. i am treating it w olive oil to help it go away but i am sure time is the best thing for it! i had him weighed and measured again on thu and he was exactly 60cm long and exactly 6kg! v precise young man! he is out of a lot of 000s now - a mix of 000s and 00s fit him now. i will need to do some shopping (oh well!) for him soon! i am off to melb next weekend for a week so i guess i will do it then.
    Lookslike i am not alone in the baby getting more into toys - he has taken such an interest in his toys in the last week.. and i need to get him some more!! i bought a great book for him last week (a soft one) that ends with a mirror which he loves!
    i am starting to move him into a cot - he still fits his basket but only for a few more weeks i would say so we are focusing on getting him into the cot. he has done 4 nights in there and it is going ok. and now i am trying to also get him to do at least one day sleep in there - he has only recently started with a good sleep in the day (at least 1).
    sorry not much personals here - too much to catch up on!!! re the body - well mine isnt great and i need to work at it. still too many treats going in i think!!! i missed gym all week last week as i was sick, but i am back into it this week... belly is quite floppy and i also still have the linea negra (when does it go? does it ever??). i also still have HUGE boobs... (i think someone asked me about that last week sometime!!)
    ok better go - i put N down for a sleep and he is still quiet which is so rare i dont believe it and now need to go check him!

ETA i have put some more pics on my totsite
    Last edited by MamaPan; November 26th, 2007 at 02:54 PM.

youve got some beautiful pics there pregpan!!!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast