Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #9

Sherie - I saw that FP sale at target but was heading home and thought to myself I must go back tomorrow. Well I forgot all about it! Whoops. I love chrissy movies too, they had christmas with the kranks on tv last night.

Renee - I will be buying a one piece this summer as well. Luckily they are in fashion now days and you can get some really nice ones now too. When are you going to Margaret River?

Katie - Oh my goodness Logan is a great sleeper! I am jealous! I wish Maddie would do the same. I wake her for a feed at 10/10.30, I tried once not waking her and seeing how far she got, but she made it till 2am

Pregpan - Wow Noah is another great sleeper! Maddie went pretty well in her cot yesterday, but we only did day sleeps in it. I tried again today, but she had her needles this morning and is pretty upset, so I havent bothered with the cot today. Have fun at Elton John.

Marydean - Havent put up the tree, but I have bought Maddie a couple of pressies. I remember christmas last yr I was going to buy a tree, but DP said why bother, we dont have any kids and I thought ok yeah you are right. Then I was going to buy one on sale at the post chrissy sales for this christmas and he said the same thing again. How weird, never thought I'd have a baby by this christmas!!!!

Leemar - Have fun at seaworld, I went to dreamworld once when i was much younger, it was great fun.

Noni - Christmas shopping is so expensive isnt it. To make matters worse, MIL has just announced (not asked) that we are having christmas breakfast at our house. Thanks!! I wasnt planning on doing anything at ours this yr.

Does anyone know of a good going away present/christmas present for a couple going to London? They will be gone for a few yrs so I want to get something special and handy.

Well poor Maddie had her immunisations today. The first needle in her leg, she was like ouch that hurt, then she smiled at the Doc. The second....well she screamed the place down!! She has been upset for most of the arvo now. The doctor I took her to is such a nice woman though, I've seen doctors before who are so unsympathetic and drooby. This doctor actually takes the time to talk to you and cuddles Maddie.

I've also just discovered today that my cousin is a presenter on the kids show, totally wild, haha how funny!

For all that are putting up chrissy trees, I saw some beautiful babys 1st christmas decorations in myer, they were so cute!

Hayley - Aww hugs. Definately hand bubs over to DP once he gets home, and get out, even if its only for a walk to clear your head. Hopefully Scarlet has exhausted herself today and will sleep well for you tonight. I know its hard when you dont know whats wrong with her, its very frustrating. Maybe its just a growth spurt?? Was she up for most of the night?

hello!!!
    just quickly wanted to say that Noah is absolutely divine, pregpan! he's got such beautiful big eyes. are they brown already?? i thought all babies had blue eyes??
    and fianne...max is so petite and pretty, she's such a little miss! lewis wants to know if she'll be he's girlfriend LOL! she's very pretty, i think you'll be chasing the boys away with a stick!

sorry no brain to post....just popped in to give lp ...hang in there. i know how you feel.

LP - Big hugs xoxox The crying isnt so bad is it, its just not knowing whats wrong that is the worst. I hope she is more settled as I type this. Keep your chin up. I hope your DP gives you a big cuddle when you get home.

LP- I too am sending you huge hugs.

Far out I thought I'd got off lightly with Maddies immunisations today. She cried all the way home, I gave her a bottle and lots of hugs and kisses and rocked her off to sleep (which I dont do anymore but today was an exception) and all was good. Now she has been awake for hrs now, she is overtired and grumpy like no tomorrow - she is never like this!! Poor bubs, can see its gonna be a horrible night for us. Alright off to give her a bath, hopefully that helps her to settle and may try some baby panadol as she is slighty warm.

Hayley - Have a bath with Maddie! When Rory was really unsettled last week he really enjoyed having a bath with me. It really seemed to calm him down plus I didnt mind smelling like Johnsons & Johnsons Bedtime bath haha. Oh i Love the smell mmmmmm. After I gave him a lovely massage with the matching lotion and popped on his PJ's.

renee- i love j&j bedtime! i use it on myself in the shower now.
    hope everything's ok lp...

Morning everyone,

Logan is having a snooze in my bed so I thought I would quickly jump on the computer. I knew I would jinx myself after bragging about Logan sleeping. He woke this morning at 2am for a feed, mind you he did go to sleep earlier last night.

LP sending you big hugs. I hope that Scarlet was better last night and that your DP gave you a hand with her so you could have a rest.

Hayley I hope that Maddie gets better soon and that the two of you had an ok night.

Hayley and Gracie I used to use the J&J in the bath all the time before we even considered having a baby DH used to think I was strange lol. The smell is devine though isnt it, I find I cant stop giving Logan kisses after he has had a bath in it.

Sherie I love the Polar Express too, it is amazing to watch. I think I am going to have to go and hire soem Christmas movies for Logan and I next week.

Have a great day everyone.

I popped her in the bath with DP last night and got him to use huggies lavender & camomille?? wash on her, it seemed to work, as she slept from 11 - 6.30. She is being so fussy, it must be the needles, she is never like this!! Havent used J&J bedtime, will get some at our next food shop.

Hi everyone. It has been a while since I have posted because I have been so busy. Some of DH family were here for a holiday so we spent heaps of time with them. I took Will to Dreamworld with them - he was so perfect, slept the whole day only waking up to feed. He even let someone he didn't know hold him while I was waiting in line for a ride.

He seems to be getting over his latest clingy phase as he was reasonably happy to be passed around all the aunts, uncles and his great grandmother. The last couple of days he has let his dad hold him for over an hour at a time which has been great.

He seems to have had another developmental leap - now instead of just batting at his toys he can grasp them (including pulling my glasses off). He will have a 'conversation' with us now, looking directly at us with lots of cooing, rather than just wriggling and making random noises. He has a new cot toy with a kick pad that activates a mobile. He really loves it, we are having heaps of fun.

I was going to book a trip home to NZ to introduce him to my family but then I realised that babies now need passports and then I realised that he isn't a citizen of anywhere. He didn't get automatic citizenship in Australia because DH and I aren't citizens and I have to apply for citizenship in NZ because he wasn't born there. It is going to take about 6 weeks to get all the paperwork done which I was quite upset about because he will be huge by then.

Hope all the babies with vaccine reactions get better soon.

Pregpan, I think the rotovirus vaccine is the oral one, if that makes you feel better about the g.p giving it to Noah.

BTW, to everyone thinking of going to theme parks - Water rides and white pants don't mix.

good morning ladies! oops! almost afternoon already...where did the morning go?
    think i've got to try the j&j bedtime too. sounds lovely.
    speaking of scents, i started using unscented soap after the birth because of what they were saying before (i think ante-natal class) about baby knowing your scent, etc. does it still matter at this stage if i use scented or unscented soaps?
    have taken md's suggestion and asked for max's bcg vaccine moved to a later date.
    princess waking. back later

hello everyone
    its been a very busy morning this morning i went to weight watchers as usual but i got caught up in the shops afterwards buying christmas presents and getting coppies of Ashas photo and god knows what else...
    ww was ok i lost .4 but i really was hoping for atleast .5 because that would have taken me up to 3kgs where as .4 puts my loss at 2.9 lol oh well atleast i didn't put anything on i should be happy coz last week was a bigger week...
    All the babies on this thread seem to do more than Asha does.. batting at toys and grabbing them.. Asha smiles alot more now and she kicks around and is cooing alot more.. maybe i am not stimulating her enough?? we will be getting that jumperoo on the wkend probably so i guess thats an extra thing for her to do if she will part with her bouncer lol...
    lp - we all get like that (well i know i do) this house constantly looks like a bomb hit it no matter how long i clean for and Asha gets very fussy too.. when shes fussiest and i cant settle her i find a walk in the pram helps does scarlet enjoy being in the pram? ive been teary too lately with dp on night shift think it helps to just let it all out! bb is great for that!
    renee - woohoo to rory!!! my belly is exactly the same when u mentioned simpsons i thought you were gonna say when homer is with dr hibert and hes giving him a physical and he does that test where he starts homers belly jiggling and sees how long it takes to stop and he has to cancell his next appt.. thats what i feel like lol...
    fianne - my morning dissapeared too i went out this morning to ww and then had to go to woolworths but i got so distracted in the shopping centre i only just got home (1:30) and i hadnt even had breakfast yet lol
    arte - good to see you on!! glad you had a good holiday.. bummer about the passport!
    haley - i cant believe u didn't say anything when she just announced breakfast will be at your house lol you must be a patient woman i would have told her exactly where she could stick that lol i can hardly organise Ash and dp little own a whole breakfast haha.. Asha had her needles on saturday and is only just starting to come good now.. lots of cuddles, i gave a small dose of panadol and it did seem to help i think the best thing is a bit of tlc its horrible isn't it? glad it sounds like uve got a nice dr mines really nice too..
    katie - hope u have a better nights sleep tonight
    gracie - Asha was born with greeny/brown eyes and they quickly turned brown within the first week

oh yeah and does anyone know about baby powder? i read in someone elses thread its a sids risk? i use it for ash because she gets very rashy (especially heat rash) and it really helps but obviously not worth a sids risk! any ideas?

Noni - Havent heard of baby power being a sids risk. Thats pretty scary! Maybe they mean if you go overboard with it? Well done on the loss! Maddie bats at her toys but not an awful amount, I just make sure I have play time with her a couple of times a day and put her under the play gym etc. I'm guessing it wont be long before they are holding their own rattles! The jumperoo will be great for Asha. Hey just realised our two are only a day apart!

Arte - Bummer about the passport issue. Thats good that William is getting less clingy.

Off to mothers group now.

Oh quick question - does anyone use a nappy bag? I have a monsterous nappy bag that is actually very dorky (dont know what possessed me to buy it) and I havent been using it for this reason. I just have a large handbag for myself that I put Maddies gear in along with mine. Its becoming very inconvenient, so I was thinking I'd get one at the post chrissy sales...are they worth it or should I just keep doing what I am doing and put up with the hassle?

haley - i have an oi oi nappy bag it was 140 i think but well worth it its half way between a large hand bag n a nappy bag i take it everywhere... wow one day apart never noticed lol

Ive got a GR8X black nappy bag and I love it I have my whole life inside of that nappy bag haha. One pocket for the feeding stuff, another for the changing stuff and the middle pocket is for my things and it has little mobile pocket too. Im super paranoid about going out and not having something we need so I make sure ive got EVERYTHING for Rory in the nappy bag like a change of clothes, sunscreen, 3 x dummies haha, tissues, wipes, bibs, formula etc

OH speaking of formula. Have you seen the Avent little blue tubs for storing formula in when your on the go? They have 3 compartments so you can make up to 3 bottles when your out. Im a bit of a fuss pot when it comes to microwaving formula

Rory almost put his dummy in his mouth yesterday!!! And now when I put him on his play mat he knows that when he kicks the toys they will move. What may seem as a baby kicking a toy to some people is a milestone to us haha. Isnt it amazing?

I have been doing so much online shopping this year! Oh btw I have found a great shop for online Christmas shopping mummysfavourite dot com dot au I LOVE IT!
    Last edited by reneenay; November 28th, 2007 at 08:23 PM.

Noni, don't worry that Asha isn't doing as much as other bubs, she is one of the younger ones in here and will be doing it all very soon.

We just got back from our first swimming lesson. Will liked it, but it tired him out - as soon as we were done he had a feed and went to sleep. That was an hour and a half ago, he never sleeps for that long during the day.

I have been trying to get a good passport photo. Try getting an 11 week old baby to lay with their face perfectly straight forward, eyes looking at the camera, mouth closed, no smiles, no shadows. It is next to impossible. On monday I went to the post shop but they made me hold him in the air in front of the screen, took three bad shots and said they couldn't do it. Then I went to the chemist who layed him down but the photo was far too pale and he was looking away and smiling and she wouldn't take another one. On tuesday I went to Kmart, they have a digital camera so they took a few. They needed a white background so I had to buy a white towel to put him on. The one she gave me had shadows and eyes looking away but she insisted it would be o.k. I got it witnessed, but thought I would ring to check before I sent it and it turns out that NZ passport photos are not allowed to be on a white background. So now I have spent two days trying to get the damn photo done and I am no further than when I started. I guess DH and I will have to try ourselves again tonight. What an ordeal.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast