Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #9

i can't believe scarlet is 65cm! that's massive. i think she's gonna be a supermodel!

i got my swing a couple of weeks ago from toys r us. it was totally worth the money. lewis loves it.

I know, she was 55cm at birth & she's off the scales for weight and length for a girl her age.. at 2 months she was the size of a 3 1/2mth old girl.. but she's all in proportion... not fat and short or long and skinny - DF is 6'4, i'm 5'8 and we're both thin (well i was..lol) MIL is 5'10 so she's got the tall genes.

I'm hoping bub likes her swing, the rainforest one is by far the nicest - I think the only others they have are playful pets which looks to boyish for me and the power one.. which isn't nice at all!

Hayley, sometimes they reach a milestone and then they can stagnate a bit. It takes a lot out of them to do things sometimes and just like when they first start to smile, they might do it for a while and then nothing again for ages kwim? it doesn't mean that there is a problem, but she could just concentrating her energies elsewhere, like growing or other developmental things.

hello lovelies!!
    have been doing woefully with ww this week lol been really busy and skipped breakfast a few days in a row which of course made me super hungry in the avo/night and i went over my points a few times.. hopefully tody will be better and i can save up some points because tmw i have an early family christmas thing ahhhhhhh!!!
    developementaly i think Asha might be a bit behind too.. she started controlling her head quite early and has good controll of it now,she pushes herself along when i put her on her tummy, she smiles and coos but thats about it i am sure she'll get there..
    wow we have some tall babies!! i thought Asha was tall but shes only 57cm lol so not tall at all in this thread lol...
    fp - we are getting the jumperoo this saturday i think for a present, it does look more secure than the jolly jumper.. we will also be getting the rainforest deluxe play gym.. all shes really got is her bouncer which i thought she would be bored of but she spends most her time in it she loves it lol though she dosn't really play in it just enjoys the vibrations and bouncing it often sends her off to sleep lol...

Dont worry Nonie yesterday I had eggs benadict at the marina and then we had hogs breath for dinner haha. Hmmm not good. I put on weight either way sooooo pffffffft to my diet!!!
    How is little Asha now? I hope she is feeling better from her needles???

Sherie - Nice to see you back on. I was starting to wonder where you got to haha. You rhair sounds lovely!!

I was really naughty. I changed Rory's needle appointments (AGAIN) from Saturday to Monday for very selfish reasons. Its my uncles birthday party on Saturday and I didnt want Rory to be unwell for it. My uncle has just got the all clear from the Drs that his bowel cancer is gone. So its going to be a big event for the family. Im going more for my Aunty than anything who's first husband died from cancer (I think I told you about it a few weeks ago). Its been really tough for her so I know a cuddle from Rory will really cheer her up!

Wow so many DH's working night shift! If you dont mind me asking, what do they do for jobs? At least you have some time during the day when the baby is more awake to do things together (although I do realise some of that day DH would spend asleep right?) My poor DP feels as if he is missing out on alot of things, he works long hrs. 8-6 every day, except Wed when he works till 9pm and Sat morning till 1pm. He works in a car dealership, noooo not a dodgy car salesman haha, I always tease him about that. No he buys the cars for the yard to sell, so not involved in the dodgy part of it!!

Renee - Thats fair enough. How terrible for your aunty to have to go through it twice. Cancer is so horrible, i'm glad he has recovered.

Hayley - Scarlet is a tall bub isnt she! Maybe she will be a basketballer? Hehe. I'd love to be tall, i'm such a shortie. Long legs are beautiful! I dont know if Scarlet is a really popular name? I had Madison as one of my names in mind for Maddie, but I decided on Madeline, as Madison is in like the top ten. Although Madeline is still quite popular. Oh well who cares I guess, just go with what you want!

Noni - Asha will love the jumperoo, it looks excellent. I think I'm getting the jolly jumper as its a bit cheaper, but you are right, it doesnt look as exciting as the jumperoo.

Sherie - Hehe another tall bub! I guess if 'tallness' is in the family then its to be expected. Maybe he will make a good footy ruckman one day! Lucky you getting your hair done.

Arte - Oh no Will didnt like the gym? Bummer!

Gracie - I hope you have lots of fun on the boat.

Well i'm a bit excited and sad at the same time today as we are looking at selling our little unit that we have as an investment. Excited because we wont need to be so careful with money (though i'm sure we wont be going on big spending sprees, once you are used to saving and budgeting it kinda stays that way!) and sad because I know in ten yrs time we could sell it and be mortgage free. But life is for living and we dont want to be constantly worried about money, so hopefully we can sell for a decent price and knock a fair amount off the house we are currently in and in a few yrs time we will buy another investment! Perth is not cheap though, as you've probably all heard.

Anyway I must go because I can hear little Maddie making sounds from the bedroom, must be time to get up and play! Yay!

Whoa Hayley - Way to go on getting an investment property!!! You guys are so lucky!! We looked at buying an investment property just after we bought our home but the prices went CRAZY about a month after. So we just count our blessings that we bought our home just in time.
    So many people cant get in the market anymore. My SIL & BIL cant buy a home and wont be able to any time soon with the prices the way they are. Its not fair.
    You guys are set for life *high five* way to go!

I know how you feel Hayley, We have 2 duplex's on the gold coast which we planned on keeping until we retired but it looks as though we'll be selling soon so we don't have to be so tight on the finances - My savings just seem to be dissappearing since having Scarlet.
    No use owning houses you're not living in and in the meanwhile eating 2 minute noodles for dinner (It's not quite that bad yet...lol) we've also been renting them out and we're getting so sick of always getting bad tenants!

My DF is an engineer - I think Renee's Dewayne does the same thing?

i have to say i am feeling a little out of place in here with all this talk of investment property... we live in a not great area with my dad and his g/f... we have our own living space but its only a small lounge room and average bedroom and thats it... i have not even 1000 on my 6000 credit card.. and the only reason we have so much nice stuff for Asha is because we have a very giving family and i spend pretty much everything i have for myself on her instead of me... in saying that we do ok and are looking to move next year sometime and hopefully rent somewhere small but in comparison i feel like we are out on the street with nothing lol... sorry in a bad mood today lol
    haley - dp works at australian air express at the air port with mail and freight and stuff.. he actually gets less time with bubs because he gets home and is awake for a few hours but then to get enough sleep he goes to sleep and when he wakes up he is getting ready iykwim?? i barely see him but we need the money... i think its because his work is pretty far away from here so when you factor in travel time thats what does it where as if he was working closer he might have a little more time with us

Noni ~
    We've been alot worse off then you guys, When DF and i first got together we were 15 & 16, homeless and living in DF's car - After 6 months of that we moved up in the world and moved into a rental house that had holes in the floor, graffitti all over the walls and no windows, we had no furniture.. just a suitcase of possessions each and we slept on clothes on the floor, We lived like that for what seemed like forever. I scored a really good modelling job when i was 17, I pretended i'd done it before and bluffed my way through it at first but it worked and i saved every cent i earned, so did DF. Then when i was 19 i got sick of the modelling industry so i bluffed my way into becoming a hotel manager... I didn't lie exactly... just acted like i knew what i was doing, We literally lived at my work until we found out we were PG.

Don't worry about doing it a bit harder, It'll all be worth it when you eventually do buy a house... Atleast you'll know in your heart you worked for it and mummy and/or daddy didn't hand it to you on a silver platter.

thanks lp thats really inspiring

We still have friends that come to our house and say 'I can't believe you guys live here'.. my mum even spins out over it sometimes... not that much feels different for us really... although, we do have a bed.
    It's been ages since i've told anyone about it, I don't think the circle of friends we have now would even believe us...
    Someone said to us a few weeks ago 'You must have been through alot together' (refering to being together so long for our age i guess) and we just started laughing and couldn't stop, That happens alot. lol.

LP - Very inspiring!! You should be very proud. I bet you appreciate everything that little bit more now? Did you parents know you were out on the street?
    Dwayne is a boilermaker, he works on the mining trucks with his two brothers who are diesel mechanics. Is that the same thing as an engineer??? Im not sure. Although I do remember him being offered training as an engineer so it must not be the same?
    It annoys me when people think Dwayne does dodgy things to get us where we are. Our neighbours asked us once if we were growing drugs in the shed!! Arghhhhhhh so rude! Especially when D works so bloody hard $%*&@

Rory does not like my BIL's gf. Whenever she pops around he goes nuts crying! Does anyone else have a friend that their bubs doesnt like? Is it even possible for a baby not to like someone??

lp - i am glad you told us though because ive been feeling really down about our situation lately and that does kinda put things in perspective u know? i think the reason i am struggling so much is because dp is my only friend, litterally i have no friends except the girl who moved to melbourne, i am not good in social situations so i never meet new ppl...
    dp and i have been together 5 years in dec this year we got together on his 17th bday... we lived together quite young too because my mum was continuously kicking me out of home, weve had a very shakey relationship and i have gioven her soooo many chances but anyway i wont go into that now things are good atm so i dnt wanna jinx it!! you too must be very strong ppl to be able to hold a relationship together with so much hardship even dp and i have had some breaks from the relationship and some very rough patches couldnt imagine it any other way now though..
    renee - Asha def has ppl she like more then others.. i think it is possible for a baby not to like someone.. do u like bils g/f? maybe he is picking up on some negative feelings coming from somewhere??? how rude of your neighbours!!!

LMAO @ growing drugs in your shed! - You should have asked if he wanted to buy some.

I had a pretty crazy childhood, then my mum got really sick and was hospitalised for most of my teenage years and being the way i am i just didn't want any other family to have to support me... long story really.

Scarlet doesn't like the lady in the post office, She pokes her cheeks and talks in a really high pitched voice... I was in there today talking to her and i said 'i'm taking her to the mental health nurse on Monday'... I didn't realise till i walked out the door, I meant Child health nurse... No wonder she looked at me funny.

I think being an engineer is the same?.. lol.. i don't know.. He welds stuff and makes things.

noni, we posted at the same time - We've had some pretty rough patches too, I think everyone does but it only makes you stronger.
    Don't ever let it get you down that you don't have mass amounts of material things - They don't fix problems, or make anything better... they just help a tiny bit more, but really...
    looking back the days when we had absolutely nothing were the times when we got to know each other and got to form the kind of relationship we have now.
    We know each other so well, we finish one anothers sentences and we don't have the jealousy, arguments over petty things and resentment that alot of couples have.
    If we had everything we have now back then i would probably feel like i was living with a stranger.
    *sniff* I'm getting all sentimental.
    Last edited by LiddlePixie; November 30th, 2007 at 04:39 PM. Reason: To fix my horrible spelling mistakes

oh thats beautiful lp!!!
    i just realised u n your dp are the same ages as my dp and i but reversed i just turned 22 and dp is going to turn 22 in dec lol

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast