Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: babies born ~ May 1st-15th 2010 #3

Morning everyone

Marni - I hear you on the sleep, I'm going a little stir crazy at the moment. I've been toying with the formula before bed feed to see if it makes a difference to the new joy of her waking 2-3 times a night for a feed but think hers is more for comfort than hunger and I've tried the dummy again but she won't have anything to do with it. She's another booby girl and I don't see her giving it up anytime soon.

Sleepy - how is the packing going? I've started A on cows milk, she has 1/2 to 3/4 kiddie weetbix for brekkie or I mix cheese into her food and she loves yoghurt too. She loves fruit and I have to disguise veggies mixed with a load of apple lol. I make most of her food but for some reason she prefers Rafferty's I've tasted mine and it's seems so much better lol

Tina - Good luck with the sleep routine, I really need to get a day one sorted coz when she sleeps during the day it makes for a more relaxed mummy. We've had a night one for a while which is generally the three B's - bath, boobs then bed but I need to start reading to her a bit more so want to start reading a story before bed
    too.

Not much has changed here................unfortunately, she is over her cold in the most part but sleep or lack of it is driving me slowly insane and want to know how to break her habit of comfort waking - any ideas??

DH's birthday is boxing day and I like to buy a more special pressie for that than xmas and he's a pain to buy for but have decided I'm going to get him a keyring made up with A's thumbprint and her name, DOB and a message on it, thinking I might sneak in a pendant for myself

Well I better get my butt into gear, I have a happy baby this morning so want to make the most of brekkie without a tantrum, hope everyone is well and have a great day.

Phoenix - i have had Zen on formula when we were away & i had a few drinks - for me, they did not help his sleep, it didnt make him any fuller so good luck if you try it

i bought an amber teething bracelet...fingers crossed

Tina - yeh not sure it will make a difference since she has her dinner, bath then boob feed then bed so should be pretty full up.....oh well she had two mammoth sleeps (for her anyway) today hoping it helps things tonight

Hope your amber works, A has a necklace and I'm too scared to take it off, she's been sick and still been a happy little vegemite so not sure if has helped or not.
    Last edited by ~Phoenix~; December 6th, 2010 at 06:28 PM.

I found it takes a few weeks to establish a routine with formula. We finally have one now E is completely off the boob now. Looking forward to a peaceful and relaxing weekend. We have Kyle's grade 7 graduation dinner Thursday night, John's Christmas work party Friday night and our night away on Saturday night. Have babysitters all 3 nights lol. But we are only away overnight on the Saturday night. So we'll see how we go. John is usually the stress head when it comes to someone babysitting. Lol

The packing is going ok, but there's so much to do

Hope all your day was good. We had a lovely sleep in the rain today so that was nice

Hi all, lots of news from everyone, sorry if I haven't caught up.

Well, B is officially crawling! He started last Wednesday and has been practising ever since, getting into lots of stuff and knocking his head on anything in his way (door frames and toilets especially!). Then, over the weekend he decided crawling wasn't enough and started trying to pull himself upright on the furniture - he's been pulling himself up on DH and I for a little while - and mastered that yesterday! So now he crawls to where he wants to go, then pulls himself up to standing, then waves his arms around triumphantly, then usually falls over, lol!

We have decided we'll have to get a play pen for him as it worries me too much what he'll hit his head on next and things like having a shower now are really difficult as he manages to find all the things he shouldn't so I have to keep chasing him!

He's eating well still, except when we go out - he rarely eats much then. He had mango on the weekend and loved it.

Night waking - we're still up between 1 and 3 times a night but have also been getting what I can only describe as night terrors. He's still asleep, screaming and takes a while to calm, then often ends up shaking for a while afterwards. Scary.

Night routine - we do bath, boobs, sometimes a book, then bed. Sometimes he's way too tired for a book, but I know I should do it every night.

Sick of the weather here - our daily walks have been abandoned due to the rain and we both miss them.

Gotta run, B is awake.

crawling - wow...our little bubs are getting so advanced! Zen is trying to crawl and gets quite frustrated as he knows what he wants to do but cant seem to do it yet, he has just (this morning) started to get up on his knees so it wont be long now.

Weather - I love all the rain, the down side is DH doesnt/cant work in the rain which means no money

Routine - night two of Zens bedtime routine and it seems to be working a treat! We have him into bed about 7.15pm. he wakes about 9.30pm for a feed, more of a dreamfeed really, then he stirs about 12.30am so I go and put his dummy in then he wakes for a feed about 2.30am then around 5am he wakes and still needs slepp but it is light so he wont go back down...I've put myself into a bad spot there cause instead of staying up or whatever with him I put him in bed with me...oh well, Zen and mummy cuddle time it is lol

Eating - Zen is on 3 meals a day, weetbix breakky, veg lunch and fruit dinner. His poop is just a tiny bit firm for my liking so 30ml prune juice here you come!! rofl...thatll keep things moving

Sleepy - hope youget all the packing/cleaning done in plenty of time...I certainly dont envy you!

Hi to Tiff, Marni, BW and all our other belly members.

AFM - we have my DH 40th bday party this weekend...and its supposed to storm!its a beach theme, well, it might be changed to 'tropical cyclone' theme if the weather keeps up

Tina - GL with DH's party, hope the weather holds. And well done with the night time routine, woo hoo! The MCHN said weetbix is one of the worst for constipation/firm poos and to add LOTS of water/BM/formula. She also mentioned banana and rice cereal as doing the same so said make sure the banana is really ripe. She said pear is good for remedying so you could try that and to also offer water with every solid meal. HTH

I took the plunge and bought some MCN's a few days ago, just waiting for fluff mail now! Hopefully they'll be here by Christmas....

Morning everyone.......very wet one down here, Adelaide had pretty wild weather yesterday and mum's backyard & her family room flooded. I walked out of our room (converted shed) into ankle deep water.

Tina - Good luck with the party on the weekend, hope it dries up for you guys. YAY on the night routine falling into place, hoping Mr Z keeps it all happening for you.

Weetbix - we have opposite when A has them from brekkie, guaranteed poo within about half hour and generally 2-3 that day lol. Rice cereal tends to block her up, she refuses prune juice so I stewed up a pear & prune mixture which she loved and that works a treat

Fluffy Mail - I have some coming too, can't wait I got some very pretty ones from a Melbourne mum which will be perfect for summer, as A will be able to to just wear a singlet and one of her pretty nappies . I want to track down a reuseable swim nappy but she's too small for all of them at the moment, they all start at 8kgs so it's the huggies ones for now.

Sleep - what is that!! Last night was a shocker with 3 wake ups between 11.30 and 2.30, I put on her teething gel before bed (it's from childrens hospital and can only put on every 4 hours) and at 2.30 dosed her up on panadol & more teething gel and she then slept till 6.30 thing is I can't see anything on her gums so figure they might be on the move........not really sure. At least her day sleeps have improved greatly and she has two sleep of about 1.5 hours each which saves my sanity and allows me a nanna nap if I need.

Xmas - ahhh it always brings out the best in families doesn't it, we are going over to Vic (yes again, this will be 3rd time since June) mainly as DH nan's isn't well and he's managed to be not working and she probably doesn't have too many left. He's since found out his nan isn't even going to be at the family xmas she is going to her other daughters, who the family doesn't really talk to (long story) just to keep her happy. So DH has the sh*ts since he had told his nan when we were there a few weeks ago she was reason we were making the effort to come over again......oh well, DH is now saying he'll see if he can be bothered when he gets home from work but doesn't want to upset his mum.

I better get showered and do a bit of a tidy up, have managed to get A down for a nap and want to make the most of it before I have to head out to shops.

Have a great day everyone!

Phoenix - Ahh, the joys of family at Christmas! We've had issues too (I vented in another thread a while ago!), only with the in-laws though - why is it that our own families are way less nutty than the ones we marry into?? (And my family is pretty nutty, rofl!!)

Tina - How was the party?

Swim nappies - I bought some Huggies while I was on the lookout for reusable ones too and told MIL I wanted a reusable one for B for Xmas so she's gone out and bought another pack of Huggies Ah well! B isn't 8kg yet either, but I figure they only hold in poos so unless it's way too huge it shouldn't escape, should it?? I saw some in Target a few weeks ago for $25, the small size was about 6kg from memory...

Sleep - Nothing's changed, though the night 'terrors'/really upset wake ups seem to have settled. We get one or two nights every week or so when he doesn't wake at all between 7:15pm and 4:15am, then back to 1-3 wake ups. I have stopped settling him with a dummy or pats, just an invisible hand giving blankie back and it works just as well .

Fluffy mail - I am hoping that B will just wear a singlet or shirt with his too as they are just soooo cute! Are you in MCN's full time?

Play pen - We bought one off eBay yesterday. Has anyone else got one?

BF/formula - B is having 5 bf's a day, roughly every 4 hours, and showing no sign of wanting to give any up!

Teeth - Any new ones in our group? No sign of any more here, thank goodness! 2 is plenty for now!

Hope everyone is enjoying the madness before Christmas!

Morning everyone

Jleigh - At least this lot of inlaws isn't as nutty as my first lot and my family is crazy too, I actually apologised to my DH for them when we first got together but he told me to wait until I met his lol

Tina - how did the party go?

Swim nappies - there is a SAHM that I've bought a couple of nappies off that will be making one size swim nappies for about $20, am just waiting until she has them ready in a week or two.

MCN - I got a delivery of two gorgeous handmade ones yesterday. A is in them fulltime during the day, I still put a sposie on at night but think I could get away with a cloth one.

Playpen - think that will be one of our next big purchases once she gets mobile........she's lazy, don't think she'll be crawling any time real soon

Teeth - still none but think they are very close, I can see white bits on her swollen little gums. The teething gel from the children's hospital here is a godsend and must do something as when I get out the cotton bud and bottle she sits there with her mouth open waiting hahaha

Sleep - after nearly two months of 2-3 hourly wakings the past 5 days she has gone back to one wake up around 4.30 for a feed and back to sleep until 7.30......but this morning she woke up at 6 after going down at 7.30ish so hoping we are getting back into a sleeping pattern, I can cope with the 4.30 feed no dramas but 2 hourly was slowly sending me insane.

DH is home tomorrow night, can't wait. House is coming along really quickly too, hoping to be at lock up stage by next week and fingers crossed they might actually finish early and we can move in before May

A is doing well, definately not a baby anymore and has a real little personality. For most part she's a happy little bubba, she has started getting a little clingy at night around bed time, all she wants is her mum but during the day will go to anyone and everyone and quite happy to wave me goodbye, which I find handy with DH being away as I can leave her with mum or my SIL if I need to duck out and get stuff done.

Hope everyone and their beautiful bubba's are well.

Hi to all!!!

Teeth - None here we are teething however, complete with a lovely dribble rash all over her chin. I just recieved my amber necklace today so hopefully that will improve things. Does everyone leave theirs on at night? I'm not sure what to do?

Crawling - She is definately on the move!! Last week it was crawling little ways and now she has figured out she can get around the house!! She also pulls herself up onto whatever she can - boxes, chairs, her cot or the lounge. She is getting quite an assortment of bruises from her new tricks of running into things and falling down!

Playpen - We wont bother, I never had one with T. I will just pop a baby gate up on Tiana's door to keep Phoebe out of there. I don't really baby proof, just teach Phoebe that she can't touch some things. Gets very repetitive in the teaching but does work. I just say No Thank you Phoebe and move her away.

talking - Is Zen the only one saying mum and dad? We still just have squeals here.

Feeding - She is bf. I tried the whole bottle thing and it just isn't going to happen. I've decided it isn't worth the stress of trying to get her to drink from it. She eats whatever though, as long as she can feed herself lol. She had satay chicken stirfry the other night and loved it! BLS by baby's decision!!

Sleep - Not worth me going there I'm sure things will improve with time.

Can anyone else not believe that our bubbas are nearly 8 months old?? DH and I were talkning about it the other night and it has just gone soo fast! Well better go and get some cleaning done!

Marni - the only time A has hers off is in the bath or if I forget to put it back on, she really doesn't worry about it or realise it's there to even play with it.

Talking - A says dadda not sure if it's dad or just learning sounds and boy does she squeal!!

I know 8 months has gone so quick!

Afternoon all. Elijah was 7 months the other day - slow down with the 8 months lol.

Swimming nappies - I got E's from Coles. After we move, we'll go swimming. He also has a full body uv suit that I got from a second hand shop.

Talking - Elijah says dadad and I thought I heard him say bubub in the bath too. He screams, squeals and grunts too lol.

Crawling - Elijah gets up on all fours, and rocks - so it won't be long now. Watch out world. He gets around pretty quickly already. It's exciting but scary lol.

I better go, he needs to go to bed and I've still got a gazillion things to pack and clean. Sorry for the short post. But I'm still around.

8 months - B is 7 1/2 so not quite. Don't wanna rush things, lol!

talking - B says 'dadada', 'a-mum' and lots of babbling too. Don't think the 'dadada' is daddy though, just babble (don't tell DH!)

Walking - my SIL's niece was walking at 9 months -woah! Seems they don't stop changing!

Marni - The playpen is only when I can't be there e.g if I'm having a shower. Otherwise, I'm getting very good at the "No Bosley" "Not for Bosley" repetition.

MCN - Phoenix, how many do you need to be full time during the day?

Clinginess - B is unbelievably clingy with me lately. He has to be crawling on me or isn't happy. Next to, or in sight isn't good enough (unless he decides to crawl away!). The only time I can leave is if DH is around, then he's the one DS clings to!

Well, just spent almost 3 hours trying to get B to have a nap so better make the most of the time I have...

JLeigh - I hear you on the no! They know exactly what you are talking about too! Phoebe sits looks at me and grins... Witht the clinginess I've been told just to go with it. Don't try and force him away (iykwim) and he will get past it pretty quickly. They go through clingy stages every so often and seem to move on pretty quickly when they know you are there.

Sleepy - Hope you are feeling better! How is the packing going?

Phoenix - Hi!!!

Is everyone elses bubbas walking along furniture?? Phoebe is pulling herself up on everything and walking along. She even pushes her music table and walks behind it! We have her a walk behind pusher/walker for christmas. I want to give it to her early, but am holding out. Thank goodness it is only another week!!

Hello to all other mummies! Hope you are going well!!
    Last edited by Marnikat; December 17th, 2010 at 06:53 AM.

Hi Everyone

Marni - go P! wow walking around furniture, we're not even close to crawling here she's plain lazy lol my brother walked at 9 months and I was 13 months......think she's taking after her mum

Jleigh - now that she's grown out of prefolds I now have about 20 MCN's in my stash and that gets me through with washing every 2-3 days, I think I've convinced DH I need just a few more

Sleepy - how is packing going? Hope the moves goes well

Well I finally got my butt into gear and using a gift voucher for photo's, we're having them done this arvo so I'm hoping I can get one more nap into A so she's in a good mood.

Hope everyone has a great weekend

Marni - Yep, we're walking along furniture too. It's quite daunting seeing him go but I am slowly getting used to the fact that he's just gonna get bruised and battered! We've got a walker for Christmas for B too - can't wait to give it to him

Clinginess - Yep, I spoke to the MCHN and she said exactly the same. He's been brilliant yesterday and today, happily playing by himself if I'm in the room and even letting me duck in and out occasionally without cracking it!

Phoenix - Hope the photos went well. What kind did you do - all of you or just A?

MCN's - I'll only have 8 good ones when mine arrive, so I really will need some more (are you listening DH, hint, hint!!! )

Has everyone seen my new avvy? I am really stoked with it as it was exactly what I asked for.

Hope everyone is avoiding these storms and enjoying your weekends. Our Christmas Part One is tomorrow so we're hoping for good weather - ha ha, not likely!

JLeigh - I wouldn't say you get used to the bruises, but your heart stops jumping every time they fall! lol Your avvy looks great! Does Bos have hair? Hope you have fun at the start of your christmas! Did you get the vtech walker or a different one?

Phoenix - How did the photos go? Hope A was all smiley for you!

Phoebe says mum!!! It is clear and she said it while looking at me and reaching out. Best thing was that she said it while my mum was holding her and in front of my sisters. I have other people to vouch for it!! The past couple of days it has been bubbub but yesterday was mum!! It's amazing how fast they learn in this first year. I kinda wish that she would slow down a little though!

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast