Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: babies born ~ May 1st-15th 2010 #3

So...clearly I'm unlikely to catch up, so I'll start fresh from today!!
    I do apologise for being MIA...I've been on FB as most of you know...I can get to that from my phone etc, so its alot easier.

And those of you who have seen me on FB will know that Kaylee has been sick so often that finding time to do much is crazy...I only just last week managed to get the damned thank you cards finished and posted for Kaylee's BIRTH (serves me right for hand writing them!!)

I hope you're all well!! I WILL be back!

i think the majority of us are FB friends so forget to come in here as often to chat.
    Zen had mango at lunch and some zucchini yesterday afternoon. He wasnt keen on the zucchini lol. He will have mango again today. had one of those "being a mum is awesome" days yesterday. everything was just so darn good.

Hi Everyone!!

Seems all our bubs enjoy food Phoebe eats three meals a day and loves it. Gets very excited when she sees food and jumps around - so cute! She has all vegies ( I am slowly restocking the freezer). She also has mince, small bits of chicken and any fruit. Baby rice is seeming to make her constipated, so I think I will start her on weet bix but dont know what to do about milk? I really don't want to express that much into a bowl every morning!! Any ideas? I also feed her bits off my plate, risotto and cheese and pasta.

Sleepy - Why no sandwiches? Just asking cause I feed them to Phoebe, she loves them. Am I not meant to?

Jleigh - Are you gonna get onto facebook?

Hope you are all having good days!

Marni - I don't give E sandwiches because all the bread sticks to the roof of his mouth. I have given him little bits of mine, and other foods of mine too, I jsut mean it would be great to give him a sandwich cut in 4 squares and walk away..lol. But I have shared my food with him, mash potato, gravy, rice, and other baby friendly foods..lol

I mix E's baby cereal with cool boiled water, and lots of it, it took a few days for his system to get used to it, he was finding it hard to poo, but not anymore...lol. As for the weet-bix thing, like I said I use cool boiled water on his cereal so far, not game to use cow milk yet...other than that, buy some pre-made S26 milk, you can get it in those little popper size cartons. And just use it for cereal, altho I'm not sure if you could keep it for another day, as you wouldn't use all of it at once...

Last night, poor E rolled off my bed...he's ok, but was very sooky. Not long after that, at bed time, he got his leg caught in his cradle bars....twice..he's got fat legs..lol. So since we are moving, I didn't want to set up the cot just yet, so I got out the port-a-cot, I think he'll do much better in there for now...at least until we move anyway...He woke up at 5am, and didn't seem like he wanted to go back to sleep either, after waking twice during the night. He has good nights and it seems like he might just start sleeping thru..then bang we have a bad night again...oh well, such is the joys ...lol

Hope you are all doing well and getting enough sleep!

well, I was just about to post this afternoon when Evelyn woke up, so lets give it another try.

I haven't had much time to post but tried to catch up on everyone elses over the last couple of days. I seem to be super busy at the moment. We're toilet training with Belle (finally today something seems to have clicked and we went from having one fluke wee on the loo a few days ago to the whole day with no accidents, amazing!). That's been taking a lot of my attention.

As for Evelyn - she's almost sitting up. Will do for a few seconds at a time but ALWAYS wants to stand up so digs her heels in and throws her body backwards. Not very conducive to sitting.
    We're offering 3 meals a day now, still just purees. Some days she eats like she's never been fed, other days she's not too interested. She's still having 5 bfs a day plus 1 generally at about 4am. I wish we could kick that habit but I'm just running with it at the moment because she still seems to need it. We've been having a bit of night waking before that feed too but she hasn't been too hard to resettle.

Marni - the rice was making E constipated too so I started using baby porridge instead (Bellamy's do a really fine one) and I just mix with boiled water. I tried mixing it with formula as that's what I used to do for A but she acted like I was trying to poison her so I just do water and mix in a bit of pureed fruit. I also pureed some prune and have that as an emergency stash in the freezer for if she gets constipated again.

Wrapping - who's still doing it? I was wrapping E like a mummy because she would wake up often if that wasn't the case. I've started wrapping her more loosely so her arms can get out. It doesn't seem to affect her too much but if she wakes in the night and she's not hungry (after only a few hours sleep) she's generally got her arms waving around all over the place and can't settle herself so I re-wrap and at the moment she goes back off fairly quickly. Sometimes I do "pick up put down" every few minutes for a while if she won't resettle quickly.

Naps - we're transitioning to 2 and it's working fairly well. Today neither was particularly long (about 1hr each) so she was pretty tired come bed time but if she has 1.5hrs at each she's pretty good. Sometimes we get 1x40min and 1x1.5hr. It's a guessing game as to what she'll do.

Needles on Monday, not looking forward to it as she was mental for a few days after 2 & 4 month ones. Fingers crossed this time it's better. Other than what I've already mentioned, E is absolutely adorable. She's such a cuddly baby and loves giving and getting kisses and cuddles. She adores Annabelle and I'm loving seeing them start to play together a bit now that E is able to interact more. They have each other in fits of giggles, it's great.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. It was good to catch up on here again! We seem to go through busy quiet phases then there's a flurry of activity.

Wrapping - I dont wrap Zen, havent for quite a while but the only issue I have with him is he move up the bed and ends up with his head jammed up against the bed end.

Napping - Zen generally naps around every 3 or 4 hours, about 3 naps a day for about 1/2hr-1hr. and he is still up twice each night.

Food - I havent noticed any issues with Zen going to solids, his poohs are still semi runny (like BF only baby). He gets one feed of fruit each day so maybe that is why. I need to do up some food for him today.

Sleep - i am struggling a bit today with a really late night last night and not having full nights sleeps in months. I've got so much cleaning to do and a heap of food I need to prep for Zen and freeze. Hopefully I can palm him off to his dad for an hour or two while I get some of it done

OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! he has the V8 started up again! dead set....I am going to go out there and ram the car keys where the sun doesnt shine!! the V8 makes the house shake and wakes Zen...I had a pooh morning with him trying to get him down for a sleep cause the V8 woke him earlier

Sleepy - Poor Elijah Zen slid off our couch a week or two ago, not even a tear, somehow landed on all fours and just looked really stunned lol. Hope the porta-cot fixes the issue till the move is finalised.

Pmccask - arent the needles just awful? Zen had first real cry at them this time round, not a huge cry but a few fat tears...of course makes me feel like the biggest monster! i cheated and put him on the boob which calmed him straight down (and he was about due for a feed).

Marni - How does Phoebe go with the meat? i ask cause the midwife said wait till 7-8mths before I introduce them to Zen. But he has only gone to solids in the last week.

BW - your doing better then me...I didnt do any birth announcements always said I would but after he was born just never did it. Am doing some of the photos today that we were discussing on FB the other day

Hi to all our missing mummies :wave:

Tina - Make him resettle Zen - I always go with you woke him, you fix him!! With the meat, she is fine. I don't even puree, just mince and bits of chicken. She chews and then swallows.

pmccask - Hope the needles go ok - I hate them, but they are necessary. I just read another article in a mag about a family's whose 4 week old baby died cause she caught whooping cough. So sad

Finally, some posts to read and reply to, lol!

Sleepy - I caught B about two weeks ago, just seconds before he was gonna crawl right off the bed and fall headfirst onto the bedside table. So now he goes back in his cot after all his feeds (boo hoo, no more co-sleeping ) I hope E's better now. B has also decided after his 4:30am feed that he's ready to start the day (thanks sunlight!!), but I am determined to get him to go back to sleep if it kills me! So I've been putting him back in his cot and then shhhing and patting and cuddling and if that still doesn't work, give him a toy just so he'll maybe play quietly for a few minutes. I tell myself he's not getting out of that cot until 6:30am at the earliest! He eventually goes back to sleep about 2 out of 3 times, so maybe it's working...

pmc - I wish B would give up his 4:30am bf too but it seems to be their fave.... GL with A's toilet training, sounds like you've turned a corner.

Tina - I miss the baby poos!! And I agree with Marni, make his Dad resettle if he wakes Zen! B hated potatoes too but I didn't want to throw them out so 'hide' a little in his meals every few days and we're nearly through it all! Zucchini is on my list for the next week, and maybe cauliflower too...

Marni - go Pheobe! She sounds like a great eater! The MCHN told us Weetbix was worse than rice cereal for constipation because it absorbs so much liquid, plus I've read heaps about not giving wheat until around 9 months due to allergy risk. But Phoebe's been eating for awhile now, hasn't she? And it sounds like she's eating lumps etc too, so going well.

BW - Sorry to hear K has been so ill - I am still waiting for B to get his first sickness - you'd be a pro by now! What's been wrong?

AFM - B seems to have transitioned himself into 2 naps a day. He'll often have two 1.5 hour naps, but if he doesn't go back to sleep after his 4:30am feed, his first nap could be up to 2.5 hours. Usually it's more like one 1.5 hr nap and one 1 hour nap. this means he's usually awake from around 2:30-3:30pm until bedtime at around 7:15pm and is really tired and yawns and grizzles through his dinner. His sleep is not often in 40 minute cycles anymore - I read that their sleep patterns change at about the 6 month mark. He's still waking day and night due to rolling over and half the time I am sure he's still asleep and is 'sleep-crawling/rolling' if that's possible!?

What's everyone doing about bubs and Christmas? Photos with Santa? Stockings? etc Or are you taking advantage of the fact they have no idea what's going on and doing nothing while you still can?!

Christmas - we already have the stockings up and even though we arent teaching him to believe in Santa I am getting the photos done just caues I think they can be cute. We went very minimal with presents, he is getting books, blocks and a tonka 4x4. He will probably just want the wrapping paper anyway

I haven't gotten anything for Christmas for E yet. I have the majority of the older boys presents on layby or just off layby. Not sure what we're doing yet as we maybe moving over Christmas anyway. I probably will get photos as I have every other year mostly. I bought 4 new stockings the other week too. No tree as yet. I think it'll just be simple for E anyway.

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Wrapping: Kaylee couldn't be wrapped when she was in her Pavlik...so she's been sleeping unwrapped from 4 weeks....she went through a stage where she needed it (hand flapping really kept her awake...so I invented what we called the Taty sack...it was a pillowcase, open at the bottom, but with a head hole cut at the other end (with ribbing attached etc), basically it gave her some freedom, and she could get her hands up into the corners and flap a little bit, but not much! It worked really well, and she has since transitioned to sleeping totally unwrapped (with her arms strraight out to the sides!)

Napping: I've been sleep training Kaylee this past couple of weeks as she's had such trouble with illness, and getting into a routine just hadn't happened (and was driving me mental), she would sleep 45 mins, then wake....but only last an hour if I was lucky she was up and down like a yo yo....NOW:
    She wakes at 5am, has a bottle, back to bed til about 7:30
    Up at 7:30, has Brekky and a play until 9:00.
    9am: Bottle, then into bed, asleep by 9:30 for around an hour and a half.
    Wakes: Lunch, plays
    1pm Bottle, then into bed, asleep by 1:30 for around an hour and a half
    Wakes...little play, then tea, then bath...little play
    5pm Bottle, then into bed, asleep by 5:30.

Food: We have to take it slowly with Kaylee and food, though theres been no issues of late so we no longer have to be anal! She has weetbix with formula (or water) for brekky, rice cereal or vegies for lunch, and vegies for tea. She's still on puree because she had a very sensitive gag reflex and its not uncommon for her to gag on the tiniest of bits and lose the whole meal!! (Benjamin was the same!)

As for Illness....Poor Kaylee has had tonsillitis 6 times since she was born (started around 8 weeks....she finishes antibiotics....has a few days of being ok...then goes downhill again, then we go to the Dr and there it is again. She's also had 3 ear infections, 3 UTI's and a bout of Bronchitis
    Its been fun!! LOL

Christmas: It won't be big for Kaylee pressie wise, some clothes, some books, and possibly a trike...we've found one suitable from 10months with a 5pt harness and side bars etc with a steering handle, that then becomes a trike for her to use pedals on, and then we can remove the handle and she can ride alone, so it'll be a long term gift. Benjamin is getting a bike with training wheels.
    For Benjamin's first Christmas we got him a clam shell so he could splash about on hot days, (actually we got a square one as I thought it was a better shape), its still going and one fo the best things we could have bought him.
    We don't put the tree etc up until about December 10th.

To those of you with needles coming up...they suck don't they?! Luckily Kaylee doesn't have a reaction to them, and we are lucky our GP does them, and gets the practise nurse to come in too, and they 1...2....3....Jab it...so its both sides, but only once if that makes sense, it works really well!!

Ok,,,the sun is shining brightly here so I'm off to hang out my nappies!!

Love to you all!!

Has anyone thought about turning their car seats around to face forwards yet?

Hiya Sleepy,
    I know Kaylee would LOVE it if I turned her around, but the wonderful guy who installed our seats (and adjusts them) told us that its recommended that little ones remain rear facing for 12 months due to the neck strength if in an accident.

He turned Benjamin around at 10 months, but only after checking him over and making sure his neck was strong enough.

Ahhh ok. E is trying to sit up in his chair already...he gets frustrated lol. ANother few months of lying down it is!

thanks for the info BW, we were thinking about it also. the car seat says up to 9kg and/or 70cm. Zen is only 7kg and 66cm so he can stay that way also for a while longer

Hey Mummies

Car seat - Phoebe is now forward facing and has been for a couple of weeks. I know it is better to face the rear but she grew out of her capsule and I am not worried about her neck strength. She also used to scream the whole time facing the back. She is much happier facing the front.

Christmas - We got her a VTech stand behind and push walker, Tiger ball toss, a silver bracelet (Tiana has one too), some books, a puzzle and her first pair of Dunlop Volleys! I know it is too much for her but Tiana has so much more (damn lay-buying during the year!!!) and I didn't want her to ask why Phoebe didn't get anything.

Very Proud Mummy Moment - Phoebe can now get herself into a sitting position from laying down!!!! She is growing so quickly it is sad but good too. She is still not quite crawing, can get herself short distances (across the room) but not properly crawling yet.

Wow marni - how awesome is that! How very grown up and clever your little girl is xo Zen has recently mastered sitting without falling over lol. he can kind of walk behind one of those kids walker things but still needs balance help.
    A pair of volleys...hmmm...might need to go look for a pair, how cute would they be lol

Tina - I saw the video of him walking. Very cute! Phoebe will stand with support but doesn't really walk yet. We have her one of those walkers for christmas. Volleys are the best!!! Tiana had three pairs - they were great as first walkers. Easy to get on and off and soft for them to wear. Cute designs to. Phoebes are black with coloured designs on them.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast