Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: babies born ~ May 1st-15th 2010 #3

Sorry traylee - I have no idea. But maybe you could ring the hospital and just ask what it means?

Traylee - No idea, but I'd ask the hossy if you're worried.

Marnikat - Woo hoo for the rolling and sitting! lol that you say the rolling was an accident - B hasn't repeated his rolling again yet so I'm pretty much convinced his rolling was an accident too! And yes, he's sitting unsupported. He went for nearly 15 minutes yesterday before he toppled but usually lasts a couple of minutes before he gets so excited, kicks his legs out and topples over!

I am having trouble with B's afternoon naps. As in, they're just one big battle at the moment. He gets tired, so I go to put him down like usual, but he won't have a bar of it and wriggles, grizzles and soon starts crying, then gets himself so worked up it's nearly impossible to get him to stop. And then I have Buckley's of getting him to sleep for ages afterwards. It's really stressful and I've been in tears a couple of days this week when DH gets home. It's just the afternoon nap though, the rest of the time he's pretty easy to put down. Any ideas or tips?

Any teeth yet for anyone? Two of the bubs in my mum's group have teeth, one is about a week or two older than B, the other is one day older.

Have a great weekend everyone!

scarlet has 2 teeth on the bottom, and she has rolled from back to front, but not other way and she doesnt do it alot, she also can kinda sit up but still tumbles not long after (hayley never sat properly till she was like 7 months or more she was lazy bub) but scarlet i try sit her between my legs and layed bac but she pulls her self forward and sits up, but i still dont leave her sitting alone incase so i put her between my legs incase she falls either way, she has been over her bottles a bit lately, but she likes food she still not so keen on being on her tummy

I put pillows all around B so if/when he does fall he's got a soft landing! Cool that Scarlett has teeth! Glad B isn't the only one who still doesn't like tummy time...

Afternoon everyone, hope you have all had a great weekend.

A has been sick the past week or so with a head cold that DH brought home from work so her sleeping has been all over the place and I'm not used to waking up at night so feeling a tad tired. Hoping that once her nose is clear again and breathing properly sleeping goes back to normal. I've got her mattress raised, using baby vicks, saline nose sprays and a vapouriser.....poor little princess now is getting the cough part of the cold.

She has rolled from belly to back but it's not very often - she's lazy but I'm happy for her to still stay put for now No teeth yet here and don't think any in mothers group have got any, A is the youngest and there is only one roller so far.

We started solids this week, just farex and breastmilk - she's so interested in anything food related the little piggy.

Marni - wow P is growing fast, YAY for rolling even if it was an accident Glad I'm not only one who's bubba won't take bottle though she will take water from a sippy cup, well most of it ends up on her but she doesn't refuse it like a bottle.

Jleigh - I hear you on the day sleeping, sorry I've got no ideas but willing to hear everyone elses

Traylee - two teeth already!

Sleepy - those activity centres are great, I got one on special at target and best $50 I've spent so far it keeps her occupied for ages.

Ahhh tired and cranky bubba has struck again. Will try and get on here more often

Have a great night everyone.

Hi everyone!

Elijah rolled from back to belly, and belly to back. He did it a few times yesterday. I think he was trying to get somewhere. But then he hit his head on the wooden floor cos he rolled off the mat. No teeth yet here either. I think he was teething lady night tho. He didn't sleep very well, woke 3 times. So I'm quite tired right now.

E likes his activity centre, but doesn't like being in it for too long. I am still to get out the good old jolly jumper and see if he likes it.

I hope you all had a good weekend. It's been rather wet here! I have soo much washing to do!

scarlet loves her walker, she spends most her time in that playing with toys or eating biscuits or rusks lol,
    she does have a new bouncer i got her at target when on sale cause i think she to big for the older mesh we had.
    she has a swing but we dont use it alot, she spends most her time on floor lazing around really.
    she has gone back to sometimes waking once during night, well like 4am ,
    goes down anywhere from 5-6pm and wakes anytime from 4am on wards. she was sleeping till like 5.30am.
    she is being a real pain in butt lately for her bottles gotta try hard soemtimes to get her to have it she bats it outta my hand alot and spits and fusses and wont have it i dont what else to do to try so i wait a while and then try again and most times she will have it.

how much is everyone else bub having food wise, scarlet still haveing s26 180mls about 5 times a day and almost a tin of like baby apple, or like 4 cubes of what ever is in freezer (defrosted) or when we have bananas i mash and blend a whole one and she eats that.

Hi Traylee,

Hunter has 4 bottles a day now of between 150-200mls. He also has 3 meals, in the morning and arvo he has a tablespoon of cereal mixed with apple or pears or the rafferties pouch (a tablespoon of that too). And for lunch he has a bit more probably 3 tablespoons of vegies which I pureed - potato, sweet potato, pumkin, carrot, broccoli, zucchini! I mix them up. But some days Hunter will have maybe 50mls of one of his bottle and will not drink anymore. Havent had him weighed but at last weigh in he was 7.9kg so he is growing well, but think he is long too at 68cm.

Seems like most of us are struggling with sleeping :-( Hunter has decided he wont sleep past 6am on the dot which mummy is struggling with - doesnt matter if he goes to bed at 630, 730 or 800 still the same wake up time. Hopefully he starts sleeping longer soon - even the rain isnt making him sleep, although it does make it harder for mummy to get up lol.

Pheonix - sorry A is feeling under the whether I know how bad that can be - we had a bad bout of that a couple of months ago and it was honestly the worst couple of weeks since little man was born. Hope she gets better really soon!

Sleepy - yay on the rolling! Not so much on the head hitting the floor. I really worry about that too - except we have tiles downstairs and I am paranoid he will roll off and hit his head. Hunter can roll both ways but as I have said previously only when he wants too. Maybe a couple of times every couple of days...he is more interested in sitting now lol. But even with sitting he seems to have gone a bit backwards and falls more often now as he tries to move around and do things like suck his toes, grab a toy from behind him etc.

Marni - P is growing well! Yay on the accidental rolling. Thats how Hunter started too - he was pulling toys from behind him and went over and thought he was so clever!

JLeigh - B is a clever boy! I thought Hunter would get better with sitting but has ants in his pants whick make it hard for him to stay up! He is constantly doing crunches to try to get himself up!

Hi to everyone else, still no teeth for bub but I am sure they should come soon - he has been having a terrible time and now has an ear infection - oh the joys! Bonjela and panadol are the things working when needed. He also mastered blowing raspberries today but also spits alot of drool with it and mimics me when I blow raspberries to him. Amazing how clever they get each day...

Colds - We are another house with baby with cold. She has a cough (that makes her sound like a dog), Yucky nose with green snot and sounds terrible. We have had fevers on and off too. I took her to the dr cause I was worried about her cough but it isn't on her chest. We are doing all the same things as Phoenix but if she doesn't start to improve soon I will go back to the drs.

Food - We have 2 feeds a day of fruit/ vegies/ baby rice. She loves it but I only give her a tablespoon. She will drink water from her sippy cup now - seems to really like it! She is just bf on demand still too. We have had banana, apple, blueberries, pumpkin, pear, potato, zucchini and carrot.

Teeth - No teeth or any sign of them! Tiana didn't get her first til 9 and a half months so I am not really expecting them any time soon here.

Walkers - Phoebe loves her jumperoo! (Like a walker but stationary and bounces) It entertains her for quite a while.

Sleeping - She still wakes anywhere from 1-3 times a night but feeds and goes straight back to sleep. It isn't unmanageable. During the day she has 1-4 naps. 3 if they are longer but 4 if they are 40 mins. I don't stress, just put her to bed when she is tired. Sometimes I might need to pat her bottom but she really doesn't fight it much.

SSM - Hope Hunters ear infection improves soon! They are nasty, Tiana had her first at 2 months and then monthly with tonsillitis until she had tonsils out and gromits in at 2.

Phoenix - I hope A gets better!

JLeigh - WTG Bos! That sure is a long time to sit unsupported!!

Sleepy - Yay on the rolling!! I got so excited when P did and she only did it once.

Well I am going to play with my babies, we are stuck inside cause of the rain our yard has literally a foot of water.

Hi everyone been a long time sorry been so busy but now kids are back at school might be able to catch up abit.

Food- May is now having 3 solid feeds a day and just loves it and i think she really needed the 3 feeds as she started looking for another feed around tea time so she has breakfast which is cerial of some sort lunch normally custard & fruit tea is home cooked vegetables different varieties loves sweet potato,pumpkin and potato though have been cooking all my own vegies for her and putting some away in the freezer so if i dont get time can just pull one out and defrost it.

Rolling- hadnt showed an interest in rolling till last night she went from tummy to back but hasnt gone back to tummy yet.

Sleeping- Still sleeping all night long bottle and bed around 8:30pm and wakes between 7:30am-8:30am so happy with that has a good long sleep in the morning after bottle,breakfast and play normally a good 2-2 1/2 hrs sometimes longer then might have a couple of quicker naps in the afternoon.

Walkers- i have just got mine out and set it up but it is something similar to marnis just staionary dosent have wheels or anything must try her in it i dont think her feet will touch the platform yet does P's feet marni?

colds & flus- been pretty lucky May hasnt had anything yet although the other kids have had a cold just recently so touch wood M dosent get it.

Teeth- No sighn of any yet but am pretty sure she is teething

Clothes- May is now in 00's but is in size 0's jumpsuits,bodysuits and t-shirts etc so quite a chubby little one neally ready to hit size 1 bodysuits.

voice- May has really found her voice and is quite vocal at time singing out and squealing i think she got that off her sisters lol.

May is very happy and content most of the time she loves her sisiters and brother and gets fixated on them watching everything they do i am really enjoying every moment with her watching her grow and do new things i am sad she is growing so fast though time flies by so quickly.

ummm i think thats it for now havent read right back through everything yet but i hope you are all well and enjoying all the new milestones takecare for now and will try to keep up abit now.

Not sure how long I'll have... I put B to bed about 20 mins ago but he's still lying there awake - he's done the rolling, the banging his feet on the mattress and the chatting and is now just lying there. I'm kinda surprised as he hasn't called out and has never done that before so we'll see how much longer he goes...

Good to hear from everyone!

Food - Wow, everyone else's bubs seem to be such good eaters. I have decided that Saturday will be our first official day of solids! We're going away shortly and I don't want to be introducing solids while we're on hols and don't want to wait until we get back either. As I've said before, any time I've given B anything, he spits it out like it's poisoned so not too hopeful he'll take to it...

Clothes - B is still in 000 clothes but the bodysuits are getting a little small so we'll go to 00 shortly. I still find the size difference amazing between brands - some 000 are still too big, while some he's grown out of. Shirts are all still 000.

Colds - I am dreading B's first sickness - I will be heartbroken for him, but more importantly (), I'm dreading the broken sleep!

Teething - It's hard to know if he is or not. The amount of drool coming out of his mouth drenches his shirt, despite me wiping him almost constantly and he is chewing anything he can get in his mouth. But I'm guessing the true teething test will be when he won't sleep and is constantly grizzly, right? Not looking forward to that....

Sleep - Well, after being in tears for about four days, B seems to be loving putting himself to sleep atm! He's going down pretty easily, doesn't seem to want to be cuddled much anymore and hasn't 'tested' me for a good few days! DH and I had 'words' on the weekend cos he's never had a problem so thinks it's OK to lecture me as to what I'm doing 'wrong' when I put him down. Grrr, men! On the downside, we're back to only 3 x 40 min day naps with just the odd longer one. He mostly sleeps at night from about 7:30pm til around 5:30am, then goes back down anywhere from 10 mins to 3 hours! No such thing as a routine around here!

Voice - I swear I have a strangled cat/pirate for a son! I can also make out some word-like noises but just not sure what words yet! And raspberries galore the past two days - could that be related to teething?

SSM and Phoenix - Hope your little ones are feeling better real soon.

Hi caplay, sleepy, traylee and anyone else stalking out there!

BTW, he's asleep!!! Woo hoo, another afternoon nap without the fight!!

JLeigh - Thats good that he is starting to sleep better again. It seems we all had trouble around the 4-5month mark. Hopefully he will stay on track for you now. And don't worry about solids too much, he will eat when he is ready.

Cap - We don't have a platform but her feet do touch the ground. It has 3 heights and she is just about ready to move up to the next height! She can really jump in it now too.

Well we have had an interesting week. Phoebe's cold turned into croup and she was given steroids and antibiotics. She then had a reaction to the antibiotics with vomiting and diarrorhea and cause she felt awful refused to breastfeed all day. In response to that she became dehydrated adn then the dr sent us to the hospital. After being there for several hours, syringe feeding her EBM ml by ml I managed to get her to drink EBM from a sippy cup! She had the numbing stickers on all ready to have a drip put in too! She still wouldnt bf until the early hours of the morning but seems to be all ok now. Still very snotty but much happier.

She can also sit all byherself!! I have put pics on facebook - I'm a very proud mummy I think I have most of you added but if I don't and you want to add me my name is Limarni Wyers. I am the only one.

Breast feeding mums - How often are your bubs feeding now? Phoebe is only feeding about 6 times a day. The feeds are about 15 or so mins and she only takes one side. (She has only ever taken one side though). I'm not worried but just curious as it seems a sudden drop.

Marni - E only takes one side, and has for quite sometime. And he's now at that point where he gets distracted easily lol. So he'll suck for a few minutes, then look around, get back on and does this for a good 15ish minutes lol.

He can't sit up just yet, but is rolling like mad, he really hurt his little head last night too. He is also starting to shake his head 'no' it's quite funny. He isn't blowing raspberries and no teeth yet tho. I'm thinking this waking more during the night is teething/growth spurt and hope it ends tonight lol. I already gave him panadol tonight before I put him to bed. So fingers crossed.

We are coping well, lack of sleep makes things hard, but we get by. Day by day. Lol. I too am on facebook now, so if anyone hasn't added me, I'm Cassandra Nolan.

Also, I was thinking that maybe we should have that meet up soon? Now that all bubs are a bit older?

Sleepy - We have only rolled once! I still maintain that she is too fat to roll!!! lol We do blow rasperries here but no shaking of head and no sign of teeth.

Meet up definately sounds good. Anyone else interested?

Evening everyone

Marni - wow poor little P, what an awful couple of days for her and for you. Hope she's on the mend and starting to feel better and YAY for sitting up.

Jleigh - Yay for B settling himself to sleep.......wish A would, she used to be so good but now will only feed to sleep or rocked but that is a battle of wills.

Sleepy - Hoping E is getting over his waking, I hear you on how tiring it is, I miss my sleeping baby and hoping she makes a return very very soon.

Caplay - Our activity stand/jumper thingy has base in it A is a midget and can just reach the highest setting on tippy toes but she just enjoys hanging out in there watching her dad out in the garden.

A's latest trick is to dance when we stand her up, well lifting her legs up and down and kinda wiggling her bum when tell her to dance - it's so cute and she's so proud of herself, bit of a show off really. I'm a naughty mum and taught her raspberry's which DH wasn't too impressed with when he was feeding her other morning lol. No teeth here but apparently I didn't get any teeth until 10 months, my boobies are hoping she takes after me

Rolling - she gets half way and seems quite content on her side, figure she'll get there eventually.

Am jealous of all you Brisbane mums, hopefully I'll be able to head up that way to meet up with DH on his way to or from work on time as he flies through brissie to get to Roma and maybe get a chance to meet up one day or if any of you ever head down Adelaide way

oh feeding - she's still having about 5-6 feeds generally a bit from both sides but is so distracted by anything that gets her attention it get frustrating.

hi all
    Marni - sounds like poor P wasn't well at all. Hope she's making great recovery.

Rolling - E rolled back to front the other day and unfortunately neither DH or I saw even though we were both around. Poor second child! She's been trying very hard to do it again since, and gets very frustrated when she can't.

Activity centre - we borrowed one from a friend and it's massive, with heaps of different things to play with. It doesn't have wheels but the chair bit spins. E loves it and can spin around in it. I think it's really helped with her upper back strength too.

Feeds - we're having 5 (both sides each time) during the day, and at the moment she's having one most nights, but just one side in the night. Evelyn too is very distracted and I think she's not feeding too well during the day and that's why she's waking up at night.

Teeth - no signs of any yet. A was 5.5 months when she got her first, but who knows what E will be like. She's a super drooly baby but I don't think she's teething.

Sleep - we've had quite a bit of night waking over the past 4-6wks. She's only had about 3 nights in that time where she's slept through. A feed generally puts her back to sleep so that's what I'm doing at the moment (if about 20mins of resettling doesn't work). Like I said above I suspect she's not drinking as much during the day due to being easily distracted - mainly by her sister - and that's why we're getting the night waking. I'm not too bothered about it yet. I'm hoping once she starts having solids properly that it'll settle down. I think her sleep is a bit disturbed by developmental changes too. She's self settling better this week at nap times anyway, so there's a positive!

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Seeya!

oops, double post
    Last edited by pmccask; October 15th, 2010 at 03:32 PM. Reason: double post

Hi everyone!
    Im new here, my Little girl was born on May 13th. Shes our first child, her twin sadly didnt survive his arrival Earthside.
    We are in rural WA, but DH is a Perthite, and we lived in Melbourne for 2 years.
    Im a teacher/mineralogy assistant, and DH is completing his Environmental Science degree.
    We had a difficult pregnancy and labour, and are very glad to finally be blessed with our little girl.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast