Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~February 16th-28th 2009 #14

Kaz I just saw your post - huge hugs. I have my fingers and toes crossed and will be praying for you all xox

Any news Kaz?

Kaz- I really hope things are ok.

Just got back from a week away. It was nice to get the break.

I think my kids have contracted the cold sore virus. Anyone know how I should be treating it?

Popping in to say hello. E has broken out in hives. So she is out of sorts again. Why oh why do my kids have to be sickk ALL THE TIME

Sorry to have been MIA in here guys. The past week and a half has been horrible and scary and really full on. He had every test known to man and started the first cycle of chemo yesterday. Hoping he can be discharged sometime next week. He has been incredibly sick and cannot even pick DS up

I appreciate your thoughts and well wishes. Love to you all. xx

Oh Kaz, sweetheart I wish there was more I could do. Your DS will understand that something isn't right, don't worry about him.

I'm praying for you guys. I hope DH starts to feel a little bit better soon.

Oh Kaz Please let us know if there is anything we can do. As OP said, your DS will understand that something isn't right - maybe encourage him to snuggle up gently next to Daddy in bed.

Kaz- I have sent you a PM and I mean every word. Anything I can do at all for you and I am there. It is so awful that your DP and yourself and J have to go through this...even though I know DP is the one who is ill, I can not imagine this being any easier on you. Please know that we are all here and I can help you in whatever way you need. I know the tests are awfl and some of them very scary but just know they are being so thorough and they are going to help him beat this. Lots of and for you guys xo

Lilima- hope E is better soon.

Kaz- i wish there was something I could do. I really feel for what you are all going thru. Do you have supportive family and friends around you?

Meg- Hope the kids are on the improve. What did you do about the coldsores?

Thinking of you and your family Kaz xox

Thinking of you Kaz. I really hope that things move along smoothly and he is better soon. Remember to take time out for yourself.

Shell - Turns out J has staph (Impetigo) as well as a middle ear infection, and E has hives as well as the molloscum viris

to you all kaz, i hope DP is feeling better asap, thinking of you all all the time xxxx

lilma wow hun you guys are n the wars impetigo is very very contagios, i hoep you're all on the mend soon too

AFM been sick here again, colds then more colds we'll get there soon!

Hi everyone...sorry mia as usual...life with a 20 month old and 5 month old is still CRAZY! Just wanted to say 'hi' and send my love to Kaz...thinking of you hun xxx

Thanks for your thoughts & prayers guys. I do appreciate it. It has been really hard to tell people but at the same time impossible not to let everyone know what is going on for us too. I think the helpless feeling is part of it. It just sucks. The treatment is nearly as bad as the illness because he has a really aggressive form that has already spread to other organs etc. He started coughing in late July, it has only really been three months and he only stopped work in mid-Sept so it has been really fast. The first chemo cycle has knocked him around a fair bit, he is very tired and can't think straight. I will be making all the major decisions for the next 6 months I think. I miss talking to him

Anyway, at least he is now out of hossy, staying with my parents in Syd. I do have supportive family and a couple of friends I am comfortable to talk to and I don't want to take over this thread with my woes!

So, in terms of DS, we had been staying in Sydney for 12 days and DS was pretty much sleeping through, even though he cut two teeth in that time. Then DS and I came home and first night back he wakes three times and I've already had one wake up tonight! He has weaned which I'm sad about but there's so much going on atm I'm less sad than I would have been otherwise itms? Being in a different environment he stopped asking and now that we're home he's asking again but after nearly 2 weeks there is nothing left. He doesn't seem too distressed so I hope he stops asking soon as it's breaking my heart a little. Oh and my parents managed to introduce him to all manner of evil sugary/junk food while they were minding him for me.......choc milkshake, jelly, salt & vinegar chips, apple flavoured liquorice, pepsi max hot chips, dessert after dinner every night and the list goes on! Every day I'd get back from the hospital and there was something new they'd discovered that he 'likes'

You are not taking over the thread with your woes. It is very serious and you need somewhere to talk. If it helps dd has eaten nearly all those foods, but not cola. It comes from having an older brother. No harm as long as they are not everyday foods.

Ellie-. I hope thingsxare settling for you

Here- J hasza perforated ear drum. E is being a typically challenging 20 month old. Still haven't managed to get them down for their immunisations.

Oh Kaz I wish there was something I could do. Is there anything you need we can help with from far away?

DD got given all sorts of crap by my family when we were on holidays recently too. Don't worry about it, it's not like it's an everyday thing! But so annoying that everyone finds it such a great game to feed them huh?

Just wanted to say hi! How is everyone ? It has been so quiet!
    Not much to report here. E is obsessed with wearing my shoes ATM, oh and has been spending some tine on the potty so I think the joys of tt will start soon

Kaz- you are not taking over with your woes. Keep coming and let us know what is going on. Might help to get it out. And we all care. How is sleep going and has he given up asking for breastfeed? and what about you? How are you doing? I hope your getting sleep and looking after yourself too.

Meg- How is J's ear? We finally got ash's 4yr old needles but still gotta do Em's 18month ones. Ash cried after hers for about half hour, I was at work and I got DF to take her.

Took the girls into the city today for the myer windows and santaland, they had good time but then very tired and moody this arvo.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast