Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~July 16th-31st 2010 #1

Hi girls,

Just popping in for a quick hello. Hope everyone is doing well. Lexie is almost 13wks old can you believe & is sooo chubby. Kel I'm like you, doing a combination of breast & bottle. Rach, hope your mastitis doesn't get too bad this time. Lexie has bad heat rash at the moment (sorry you southerner girls, I know your freezing), and looks terrible. Its already sooo hot up
    here, I'd hate to think of what summer will be like.

DH still hasn't got a job, he's doing a course at the moment to get his security licence. The course is full time for two wks, this will be his last wk.

Gotta go, dinner is ready. I will pop back either later tonight or tomorrow.

Helloooo ladies, sorry i have been MIA i had my appendix out!! So L & I were readmitted to the maternity ward again!

Hope youre all well xo

Very quiet in here ladies.

Amy, you poor thing having your appendix out. Talk about bad timing, not that there ever is a good time. Hope you're on the mend.

Leigh, hope DH picks some work up once he finishes the course. How's Lexie's heat rash going? I really don't envy you guys in summer, Brissies are bad enough.

How quickly is the time passing, Hudson is nearly 10 weeks. I was looking back through all the photo's of him thismorning and can't believe how much he has grown/changed and just how quickly.

AFM - off the the dr again this arve for me, a follow up ultrasound yesterday showed inflamation in the area where I had the abcess so I dare say it will be more antibiotics for me. I am so lucky H is such a settled baby and they don't seem to affect him too badly. He has slept on and off all day so far (only waking to feed), the only sleep routine he has is at night.. and he wakes up twice to be fed. I guess maybe the downside of having a big baby? Anyway I envy any of you who have babies that sleep though.

hey all, ive lost track of where i was up to last so i'll just start again from here, LOL

lol jlk, with all the posts that were deleted, it's hard to know where we're all at!

rach - how'd you go at the dr's yesterday? The only routine we have is at night as well. Days just are whatever works.

ammaki - how are you recovering?

leigh - hope dh can find some work after the course finishes. It's been miserable weather lately, hasn't it. Ambah has developed a yucky heat rash under her neck today. Poor thing, it looks so sore.

as for us - Ambah has her needles tomorrow. So I'll update tomorrow on her weight etc. She's so long though. She's all arms and legs!

Amy that is such a bugger! I'm sorry you had this set back. Hopefully you are on the mend now and Miss L didn't skip a beat.

Rach I'm sorry you are still struggling with mastitis. Its so not easy I'm sure. Hudson sounds like a delightful bub! Thanks for the advice on Daktarin, we are now all on it.

Jodi, GL tomorrow! Love seeing your 3 poppets in your signature.

Leigh Lexie is 13 wks! Wow thats amazing -seems to have flown since your BA. GL to DH on the job hunt and training.

Twin, jlk, Kel, everyone

DD is doing well, just sorting out sleep, feeding and I think we are doing pretty well, she turns 6 weeks on Saturday. She started rolling 2 days ago and did it 3 times yesterday. Its all too fast IMO

My injuries are not improving and I'm back on ABs for another uterine infection, which risks us developing thrush again. I have my check up at the hospital next week but I think my wound still has a way to go. I'm tired of being so reliant on DH (he's essentially full time caring for me). My ILs are coming back up from Melbourne next week to help us for a few days as we are struggling and DH can't get any of his work done (he works for himself/academic) due to all the caring/household to take care of. I REALLY hope I'm better in a few weeks so I can take on more, including settling DD. So far my only outings from home have been to the drs, hospital and MACH nurses but I'm now having visitors over to distract me.

oh dusty - I just read your thread about you developing a 4th degree tear. I had no idea it was that bad. You poor thing. Thank goodness your IL's are able to come back and help out a little. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Well, we had Ambah's needles today. Not good. She has just screamed for 1.5 hours!!!!! I'm exhausted. She was really unsettled last night as well, and I only got an hours sleep. She's gone to sleep now, so I might catch some zzzz's while I can.

awww poor Ambah!! Hope you get some rest Jodi!

Im feeling much better after surgery, movement is back woohoo!!

Hope youre all having a good day xo

Hi girls,

Dusty, I didn't realise you had a 4th degree tear either. You poor thing, hope you're fully recovered soon. Can't believe Freya is 6wks already.

Ammaki, glad you're recovering from your op.

Jodi, **** ambah & poor you with the lack of sleep, hope you catch some zzz's today. Fill us in on Ambah's weights etc when you can.

Rach, gosh you poor thing, are you on antibiotics again? My mum was admitted to hospital for a few days when she had the abcess when I was a baby, you're lucky you can still feed Hudson without it affecting him. Back when I was a bub they told mum to stop breastfeeding. How are your cushie tushies going?

Hi to everyone else.

Lexie is 3mths old today, it's gone so fast. My other two kids are waiting patiently for their lunch while I breast feed Lexie, I feel bad making them wait.

Ambah is 4.5kg (only a little thing) and 61cm long. She's woken now and is much happier. I was kinda hoping she'd sleep longer so I could have a rest too. Oh well, maybe tonight lol

Hi Girls,

Oh poor Ambah! Hope you had a better night, Jodi.

Dusty, I hope you are recovering well and getting the support you need. Sounds like you are doing really well, given the difficult circumstances.

Leigh I feel bad making DS1 wait, too. Yesterday he was soooo tired and I had to feed Ted before putting him to bed. He got really ratty and started throwing things around, then was overtired, so wouldn't sleep! Poor love, he has a terrible cold and was waking regularly last night. DH is on night shift tonight, so should be interesting trying to juggle both DS's.....

Ammaki and Rach, hope you are both ok and taking it easy after your respective illnesses. Not a well bunch in here!

All good here. Not much to report, apart from DS1 and I both having colds DH is going to the AFL Grand Final tomorrow. He barracks for the Pies. He was going to catch the train home Sat night, but I told him not to bother coming home til Sun, as he will be useless Sun morning, win or lose!

Hi to everyone else. Have a good weekend.

Hi Dusty dont know if you got my email address [email protected] but i am happy for you to contact me and we could catch up sometime as we both live here in Canberra.I can relate to such a horrible tear as i had one with my 2nd son , and it took ages to heal .
    The boys had their needles and all is good now, they were a little bit miserable for a few days but are great now. They are smiling a lot now and it is just so cute i love it.
    One of my sisters is due in just over 4 weeks , so am looking forward to meeting my new little niece Sienna Lily.
    Hope everyone is well .
    Take care
    Kelly Jai and Kane

Ambah is back to her normal, happy self. Thank goodness! Yesterday was just awful. Poor thing.

leigh - I usually pack a lunch box for the girls first thing in the morning, for the day. That way, if Ambah is having a rough day and I'm holding her more often, or if I need to feed her when it's the girls lunch time, then they're able to take their lunch out of the fridge and get it themselves. Nina will usually get it for them. I make easy stuff for them, sandwiches, yoghurt, fruit etc.

Queg, hope you have an easy night tonight with both your boys on your own. Hope you get rid of your cold soon.

Kel, glad your boys are back to normal after their needles. Bet they're so cute smiling away.

Jodi, glad Ambah is back to normal too. Great idea on the lunch box, i'm definitely going to start doing that too.

Gotta go, footy is on. For those who watch league, go the titans!!!

Go the TITANS!!!

wow, its quiet in here, where is everyone??

im here all better after having my appendix out!

Im not sure how much longer we will be breast feeding unfortunately , DD seems to fuss A LOT on the boob now and im not sure why but she gets very frustrated.

Have to book her in for her needles sometime in the next few days, not looking forward to that!!

How are you going jlk?

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast