Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~July 16th-31st 2010 #1

Ammaki, great news on the infacol, it worked wonders with Lexie last week. Glad you got a decent sleep!

Jodi, your days sound like mine. I didn't even get to eat lunch yesterday. Sometimes I feel like all I eat is crap, only coz it's the quickest thing I can grab as I go past the cupboard of fridge. I can't afford a treadmill either. My friend bought a cheap one at target for around $400 & she said it's just as good as an expensive one. I might put one on layby. I've got an exercise bike too, i should bring it inside & put it in front of the tv. Even if I do 3 x 10min rides per day, better than nothing I suppose.

Lexie had another great sleep. Slept from 10.30pm through til 8.15am. Yay!!! That's 3 days in a row she has slept through until past 7am. Hope she keeps it up. Then hopefully on a couple of mths I can cut out that 10pm feed, I'm not game to try it yet. I don't mind being up til 10.30-11pm at night, especially if she sleeps through.

We slept from 11-3am this morning! A first after over a week of cluster feeding. Course i still woke every hour to see if she was awake.
    Aren't newborn snuggles just the best

Ammaki I'm sorry L has been struggling, go the Infacol (no idea what it is though, something for colic?).

Rach sorry about the mastitis, I've heard its not pleasant.

Hey Leigh, Quegs, Kel, Jodi and everyone. I'm trying to keep up with all the news but life is a bit foggy ATM.

I'm not sure if its recovering from my op but my post birth weight is below pre birth weight. It feels like it is currently falling off me even though I'm eating everything in the house. I'm not allowed to exercise until my wound heals except for short walks around the garden and to the drs. Trying to engage that pelvic floor as much as possible but its pretty numb.

I've so many questions for you all but too tired to ask them just yet. It sure is a rollercoaster.

xx
    ps I've added a pic of Freya at 5 days old to my ticker.

Dusty, Freya is gorgeous!!! So glad she slept well for you last night. Wish the weight would fall off me lol. Newborn snuggled are the best. Enjoy them while you can, DD2 isn't into cuddles anymore, she runs away. I have to grab her and hold her so tight just to grab a hug from her. She's too busy on the go all day long.

dusty - she is absolutely gorgeous!!

The weight isn't coming off me either I really wish it would. You'd think with how busy I am that it would. I'm like you though Leigh, I eat whatever I see in the fridge or cupboard. Usually crap. I'm babysitting a friends' 18 month old today. So with my 3 + an extra, it's busy! I'm come into the computer room to hide for 5 min lol. The girls are playing dollies with him! Hope his parents don't mind!!

Love your new avvy Jodi! The girls look so cute

Re weight I was pretty heavy for me when I fell pg so I have plenty more to loose so maybe that's why it's coming off

God Jodi, you're brave looking after an extra child. It's only me & DD2 & 3 home today. I've only just managed to have a shower now. I have managed to vacuum & mop but still have more to do, not sure if I will get time today though. DD2 is getting hungry for lunch but I'm stuck feeding Lexie at the moment. I feel bad making DD2 wait coz she gets tired & I like her to eat lunch before her sleep. Sometimes I wish I was an octopus with 8 arms so I could do more than one thing while feeding.

Leigh lol at 8 arms, sounds like your doing amazing i'm in awe of you girls with kids.
    Question when did you start nappy free time? We are using disposables ATM but will swap when I'm up & about. I live in chilly canberra so would need to really warm up the room.
    Also when does your bubs eye colour become evident for certain?

dusty - cool av, huh

nappy free time - well we have it all the time. But we can up here as it's warm. Eye colour, ummm, not sure. Nina has always had blue eyes, Emily has always had brown eyes.

It was a crazy morning, but fun. I was able to have a little rest. It'll be takeaway for us tonight, I'm waaaay too tired to cook lol

Hey Dusty, I asked the clinic nurse the same question about eye colour, apparently at around 6 months. Also I try to give Hudson a bit of kick time at every nappy change and then at bathtime, I have had LOADS of pooh and week accidents doing this though.
    Gorgeous picture of Freya, she has lovely chubby little cheeks and she looks like she's smiling.

I just weighed myself and Hudson on the Wi Fit and it tried telling me he weighs 6.1kgs!!!!! I certainly hope not, that would mean he's gained 800grms in one week.. and he's only 6 weeks old.
    He's going to end up like the 20kg kid in China that's been on the news the last fews days.

I'm still loving cloth!! Still using sposies at night, Leigh and Jodi what cloth nappies do you use at night?

I have a girlfiend in labour at the moment, she was 5cm dialated at 10am so we're expecting to hear some exciting news very soon!!!

I'm a little slack and using sposies at night at the moment. Still trying to find my groove with the housework etc, so don't want to overload myself with housework.
    Don't worry about the weight, DD2 was 6kg at 4 weeks. She is a chubby girl still (17kg), but at least if she gets sick, she has reserves. Unlike DD1, who is tall and skinny and has no reserves.
    Forgot to say, Ambah is now in 000 clothing. Some 000's are too short as she has long legs. I have absolutely no summer clothes in 000 though. I've bought a few items that were secondhand today, but will have to buy some more.

Wow 6kgs at 4 weeks, okay that does make me feel better. I can really feel it when carrying/holding H now, so heavy. Your girls are gorgeous Jodi.
    I really overdid it on the clothes, H has already outgrown so many of his 000's and they've hardly been worn. I hope I get another boy one day so I can get more use out of them.
    Luckily I have a fair few 00 outfits. I'm guessing you won't need too much for summer in Cairns, less would definitely best in that heat. Def singlet and nappy weather.

yep, Ambah is in a singlet and nappy right now under the fan.
    ETA: oppps, hit the post button before finishing!

DD2 was only 8lb 1oz at birth as well, but she just has that sort of build where she gains weight really easily (poor girl). A bit like her mummy.
    Thanks re: my girls being gorgeous. I think so too

Jodi, Im another one that gains weight easily too. I am a shorty 155cm or 5ft 2 so any bit of weight that I gain and I look big, like right now and I hate it. I am desperate to lose 15 kg. DD2 was born at the end of Oct so I have just dug out all her summery clothes in size 000 for Lexie to start wearing. Lexie is still in size 0000 but getting too long for them so I am going to start putting her in the 000. I am also going to start packing away most of her winter clothes too, don't think we are going to get anymore cold weather do you? What are you going to do with all your baby clothes now that you're finished having kids?

Rach, I've got Lexie in sposies at night too, so is DD2. I've never gotten around to putting DD2 in cloth at night but they're both full time cloth during the day, unless I go out and I am expecting a huge poo from DD2 then I know to put her in a sposie. I've only got the originial wii fit game that doesnt weigh babies etc, can you just buy the wii fit plus game without the balance board? Coz I've already got the board.

Dusty, all my kids were born with blue eyes but DD1 and DD2 now have brown eyes. I can't remember when they changed and didn't notice at the time that they had changed lol. Lexie's are a lighter blue compared to my other girls so I am hoping hers might stay that way. DH has hazel green eyes and i have brown.

Gotta go and cook dinner now, wish I was having take away like you Jodi coz I don't feel like cooking.

leigh - that's about my height as well. 15kg would be awesome to lose. I have my sisters wedding in April, and I'm maid of honour (well, technically matron of honour, but I hate the word matron lol), and I want to look good for it.
    As for the baby clothes, I'm just going to give them all to charity. No point keeping them, I'm definitely not having any more.

dusty - I should have added, with the night nappies, what nappies are you using at the moment? At this age, or you'd need to do is boost it up a lot. So with either 2 boosters, or a trifold booster would do it. Until they're sleeping through, then it'd be best to get something else (like a baby beehinds bamboo fitted boosted heavily and either a wool cover, or fleece cover, for eg).

So we had Maccas. I know, baaaaaad for the weightloss. But I'm so tired. Don't think I can stay awake for Packed to the Rafters. Ambah has unexpectedly gone to sleep already. She's bathed and in her pyjamis. It'd be interesting to see what time she wakes tonight.

Jodi, I'm going to give my baby clothes to charity too. Makes me sad to think that I will never need them again. I could lose more than 15 kg but I would be happy with that at the moment and I think I am going to struggle to lose that amount with my lack of motivation at the moment. Id be happy to get into my old size 12 clothes at this point. Hope Ambah sleeps well for you tonight. I love Packed to the Rafters and I know that Lexie will want to be fed at that time, that's ok coz the other kids will be in bed and I can relax and feed her watching it.

Jodi I have some summery 000 stuff I could send up to you in a parcel post bag if you wanted it? A lot of it is boy's stuff, but I'm sure I could rustle up some unisex stuff. DS1 was a Feb baby, so I have lots of short-sleeved body suits etc. That's it for us on the kid front too, so I'm happy top give stuff away. I've got a couple of good friends due in October with their first, but it doesn't get really warm here in Vic for ages, so the summery 000 stuff will be too small for them.

One of my besties had a baby boy today. He was 10lb 2 oz. Ouchies! Her DS1 is the same age as mine, and now we have 2 more boys close in age. We go to Bali every couple of years with them and a few other couples. Next year there will be 6 boys on the trip. Mayhem!

We saw the MCH nurse today. Ted is a smidge over 5 kgs. He managed to do a massive wee and an explosive poo on the scales. The nurse told me that breastfeeding was a very reliable form of contraception. I am very sceptcal about that as I have always been told the opposite - not to rely on it as a form of birth control. She said as long as your baby is under 6 months and fully breast fed, it is 99% effective. Hmmmm. I'd end up falling into the 1% catergory!

Must go - 'One born every minute' is on SBS. Has anyone else been watching it?

Another quick post as DS just woke up and wants breakfast.

Things are going well with us. Paige usually goes to bed around 9pm (I take her to bed with me) and then sleeps until about 3am. She has a few quick sucks (enough for one let down) and then drop's back asleep unitl 6:20 (It's always 6:20). Sometimes she'll just have a few sucks and go back to sleep and other days she's up and wants to visit. She wasn't sleeping very much in the day but we just go a swing and now she is having some longer naps. BF is going well. I was having issues with oversupply but I think things have finally settled down a bit.

My friends had a lovley baby shower for me the other day. Since I have baby clothes coming out the ying yang (mine is the youngest girl in the group and so everyone is passing on their girl clothes to me), they are making Paige a quilt. They each made 1-2 quilt squares and they are going to be stitched together and then quilted. They were working on them at the shower so I've only seen a few but they look so nice, I can't wait to see the finished product.

quegsley - really? I would LOVE that! Thank you. I'll PM you today. Ted is a great weight! I watched that show last week, but not this week, too busy watching Packed to the Rafters, and almost falling asleep.

twin - Ambah is on pretty much the same routine. Every morning without fail, she wakes at 3am, has a really quick feed, then back to sleep. It wouldn't surprise me if she dropped that feed shortly. That quilt sounds so lovely, and so special as well.

Well after Ambah went to sleep at 6.30 last night, she only woke at 3 for a quick feed, then back to sleep till 7.30!!!! It felt good to get a decent sleep last night, and to be able to shower this morning before the day starts

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast