Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~July 16th-31st 2010 #1

Okay Iíve got a little catching up to do... Iím going to work my way up the page.

Kel, sounds like your boys are doing fabulously with feeding and sleeping. Hope the weigh in went well.

Amy, how cute getting a giggle out of Laila. H has chuckled a few times, looking forward to when he has fits of giggles. Hopefully this crappy weather weíve been having will be gone soon! Over it. My whole front lawn area was flooded yesterday, about 15cm deep. Luckily I was able to open a side gate and let the water run off.. otherwise my house would have flooded.
    Hope the sleep situation improves for you soon too.

Jodi, wow 12 Ĺ hrs Ė what a champ Amber is. Is that straight sleep with no feeds? Iím not sure H would go that long without feeding, LOL. And wow re. rolling over, that is fantastic. H has no interest in rolling, I thought maybe his cloth nappies (the bulkiness) were slowing him down but canít be if Amber is doing it. Heís only just started to roll onto his side during nappy off time.
    Sounds like A had a growth spurt, how full on having to feed every 1 Ĺ hrs!!

Dusty, I am so sorry to hear about Freya needing a brace. Is this caused from the birth or is just something theyíre born with? Sorry I donít know much about it. I read your incredible birth story, you did amazingly well in coping with everything after Freya was born. Hope you had a great night out with the girls, Iím planning one with my girlfriends at the moment.

Jlk, glad the nappy has cleared up. Paw paw ointment is so handy.

Quegsley, Ballarat hey.. sounds bloody cold but very pretty. I have never been out that way, DH and I drove the Great Ocean Road before Melbourne Cup last year and it was beautiful. Hudson was conceived in Lorne!!!
    Howís Tedís sleeping going? I took your advice and have started to skip nappy changes if I can and when H always wakes up all bright and smiley after his first sleep cycle of the night (around 5 hrs) Iíve started to not respond to him, itís so so hard to ignore his smiles and bright eyes, but it seems to be working and heís goes back to sleep much quicker.
    Weíre also putting him in his cot to self settle for his sleeps now, it takes him a little while to go off but it seems to be working. He slept from 8.30-3am last night and then from 4-7am. My first sleep in for a while.

We started Kindyroo last week too, it was so much fun. Really fast paced though and H got pretty frazzled after about 30 mins. It was great to learn some different activities and ways to interact with H though and to meet some other mummaís.

Iím checking out a couple of day care centres in the morning, I think Iíve decided on the centre Iím going to send H to though. They can take him Tue, Thurs and Fri starting from mid Jan, I start back at work in Feb so this will give me a couple of weeks to ease him (and me) into it and I can spend time there with him. I really am not looking forward to leaving him, makes my heart ache just thinking about it. Heís too young.

rach - yeah, that's no feeds in that time. But she makes up for it during the day, she's a BIG feeder during the day. I think because she has 2 big sisters around her, she wants to get up and run around with them lol. Which cloth nappies are you using again? We're using mostly itti bittis on Ambah, and because they're not a real bulky nappy, it's probably not making it hard for her to move around.

ammaki - that is sooooo cute with L's laughing!

Now that Ambah is in size 00's, I have a heap of 000 summery clothes to giveaway if anyone needs them. Just PM me and I can let you know what I've got.

Hi Girls,

Kel, your boys sound like they're going great. Can't wait to hear what they weigh.

Ammaki, so cute about Laila laughing, makes your heart melt hey. Lexie has been laughing heaps lately.

Rach, I've been seeing on the news the bad weather you guys have been having. Glad Hudson is sleeping better for you, yay for the sleep in this morning. Good luck with the daycare centres. I'm actually a childcare worker (not working at the moment though)

Jodi, what a great sleep Ambah had. Yay for the rolling. Lexie rolls onto her sides but not all the way over. She hates tummy time.

I've booked Lexie in for her 4 month needles at the end of this month. She's wearing 000 but still has some larger 0000 that still fit her. I have no idea what she weighs. I haven't weighed her since her 2mth check up.

Hi to everyone else. I'm off to bed, night!!!

P.S, Rach, Hudson is sooooo cute sitting in his bumbo. That reminds me, I must update my ticker pic too.

Jodi what clothes do you have?

Ohhh needles Leigh! Not a fan in this household! We have 6 weeks until we have to revisit them lol.

Love your ticker Rach!!

Another crappy nights sleep here, although its was a lot better then previous nights. She went down at 9pm woke at 1am, 1:45am 2:15am then 5am, then she came into our bed and we snoozed for a couple hours.

they're all all in one suits (or whatever they're called). I have about 20 or so. Some really girly, some not so. I'll bundle them all together and get a pic for you.

Hi ladies, just popping in to see how everyone is doing?

Laila has just gone down for a nap so im off to attack the house!

Happy attacking Ammaki!

Freya had her harness fitted last week so we are all just adjusting to it, seems ok so far, BF is a bit weird with her legs in the air but I'll get used to it.

I have my first formal mother's group tomorrow, wish I were looking forward to it. Feeling very sleep deprived and even though I keep going to bed earlier each night, I find it hard to get back to sleep after each night feed (we had 4 feeds in the night last night). Thank goodness my MIL is coming back up to help out this week.

Sorry bit of a whingey post.

I was wondering how she was going with the harness!

Laila has been waking hourly for a week so last night i was relieved to get 4 hours in a row!! She only woke twice!

Yay for twice! I find DD falls asleep before finishing a feed, hence wakes up hungry not too long after!

ammaki - how was Laila last night? I haven't had a chance to take a pic of those clothes as my camera is having a hissy fit. When it decides to work again I'll take a pic for you

dusty - how'd your mothers group go?

Ambah has been really cranky the past 24 hours. Yesterday, she didn't feed at all during the day, then fed at 6pm when going to bed. Which meant she woke like a dozen times last night. But when she woke, she started screaming immediately. And it was a different type of scream, like she was in pain or something??? She's ok this morning, she's currently in her bouncer giggling at Nina.

She is back to her waking once or twice and although co sleeping wasnt necessary last night i wanted to snuggle with her so we did from 4am hehe

No rush for the pic hun! Laila slept pretty much alllll day Monday and i thought great she'll be up all night but she wasnt! I hope Ambah is back to her normal self tonight!

How is Freya Dusty?

Hello to all

After all the sunny days we've had (got all the washing and most of the cleaning done then woo!) we are having an over cast rainy day so Laila and I will be in our PJs all day

Dusty, how is Freya going in her harness? At least having it put on a such a young age means she will be out of it quicker & at least she won't even remember being in it. Hope you enjoyed mothers group.

Jodi, hope Ambah isn't getting sick or anything, but if she's ok today then maybe her screaming was just coz she was really hungry.

Ammaki, sometimes I love rainy days where I do absolutely nothing all day. It's so comfy staying in your pjs.

Lexie is 4mths old this Saturday already. I can't believe that she is growing soooo quick. It makes me sad coz she's my last bub. She still doesn't enjoy tummy time, but loves sitting up in her bumbo. Needles next week eeek. It's my wedding anniversary today. Bloody DH wouldve forgotten only I reminded him yesterday. He said he didn't realise today was the 20th already. Typical man!

Hi to everyone else, hope you're all doing well xxx

Dusty, how is Freya going in her harness? At least having it put on a such a young age means she will be out of it quicker & at least she won't even remember being in it. Hope you enjoyed mothers group.

Jodi, hope Ambah isn't getting sick or anything, but if she's ok today then maybe her screaming was just coz she was really hungry.

Ammaki, sometimes I love rainy days where I do absolutely nothing all day. It's so comfy staying in your pjs.

Lexie is 4mths old this Saturday already. I can't believe that she is growing soooo quick. It makes me sad coz she's my last bub. She still doesn't enjoy tummy time, but loves sitting up in her bumbo. Needles next week eeek. It's my wedding anniversary today. Bloody DH wouldve forgotten only I reminded him yesterday. He said he didn't realise today was the 20th already. Typical man!

Hi to everyone else, hope you're all doing well xxx

Hey all, how is everyone??

Just a question, how big are everyones bubs, everyone keeps telling me how little Tehya is, but the mchn tells me she is perfect, i'm starting to get a complex, lol

jlk Laila was 5kg at her 2 month check up, everyone tells me she looks small too but she's smack bang in the middle for all the growth averages! When people think L is small i often think its because there are so many 10 pounders these days that people just forget what a 7 pounder looks like!

aww boooo to the needles Leigh! DP is hopeless with dates!! Maybe its a male thing!

back to my meal planning

Happy Wedding Anniversary Leigh!! Mine was on Sunday just gone - the 17th. Are you doing anything special. Mine wasn't romantic at all, we spent the whole day travelling home from visiting my family (about 8 hrs). H was a great traveller and when not sleeping just played with the toy I have hanging across his seat.
    Wow Lexie is almost 4 months already! Good luck with her vaccinations.

Jodi, glad Ambah is back to her normal happy self. Hope you've managed to rest a little today and she sleeps well for you tonight.

Amy, how crap is this weather again!! Laila's weight sounds just fine to me, there are still plenty of 7 pounders around.

JLK, not sure this will be any help to you at all as Hudsons size and weight are 97th percentile plus but he now weighs around 7.8kgs and is about 69cm long. His length is rediculously off the charts now. I've got the opposite complex to you because everyone thinks H is 6-7 months old! Poor bubba.

Hi to Dusty, Quegs and KM. Hope I didn't miss anyone.

Ambah has been sleeping pretty much all day. I really hope she's not getting sick. Nina & Ambah have coughs, so far that's it, I hope they don't get any worse either.

jlk - Ambah is long (62cm at 8 weeks) but is tiny in weight (just under 5kg at 8 weeks). She's in 00 clothing, but they hang off her as she doesn't have many fat rolls lol

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast