Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~July 16th-31st 2010 #1

Supablondie- Congratulations on your baby girl and good luck with her surgery xx

Super Blondie, congratulations on the birth of your little girl, what did you name her? My fingers are crossed that her surgery goes well. You will be in my thoughts and please pop in when you get the chance and keep us updated on her progress. Glad your DD1 loves her little sister, I bet she is a big help for you xxx

Supablondie, congratulations on the arrival of your little girl. Can I ask what you called her? I imagine that you guys are riding a huge emotional rollercoaster, so please don't apologise for not posting. We will be here, so pop in when you can. Good luck with the surgery and keep in touch.
    Qx

supablondie - congratulations on your little princess! Please do not apologise for not posting. You guys will be in my thoughts for when the time comes for surgery. I too would love to know her name. Please pop in whenever you have a chance with an update on how things are going.

leigh - you poor thing, sounds like you guys have had a rough ride with the sickness. Fingers crossed Lexie gets better soon. Happy 8 weeks to Lexie! Can't believe how time is just flying by. Ambah is 4 weeks old this week!

All good here, still getting into my groove during the day. Some days are just absolute chaos, other days are much better. Ambah seems to have a nice little night time routine happening. She lasts feeds at around 8pm, goes down by 9pm and wakes only at around 4am for a feed, then back to bed. So I'm able to catch up on some much needed rest.

Gotta run, Ambah needs a feed.

Hope everyone is well. Loving all the photos on facebook btw

Leigh, I hope Lexie gets better soon poor bubs - and poor you! 8 weeks - wow!

Jodi, Ambah is a champion sleeping that long! Our days are all over the shop too. Am trying to get Ted into an evening routine - feed, bath, feed, bed - but it's pretty hit and miss as to what time it all happens! He is usually down by about 8ish, up somewhere between midnight & 2am and then again between about 4am & 6am. During the night he sometimes falls asleep straight after a feed (bliss!) other times he's wide awake for his full hour plus (groan!). Can't complain, though. He's a pretty happy chappy & only cries when he's getting tired. I've ben taping all my fave shows so I can go to bed early and them watch them during the night while I'm feeding. I struggle to stay awake, though!

BTW, does anyone know/remember when leaky boobs cease to be a problem? One of mine is particularly bad. I can place a cloth over it when feeding, but when I get a random let down my top ends up saturated! Embarrassing! Lucky it's winter and I can cover it up. I use nursing pads but they are pretty useless as they get soaked in seconds. I feel I'm always in the bathroom drying off with a hairdryer LOL!

Queg im having leakage issues too! DP finds it hilarious! Me, not so much lol.

Good job Ambah on sleeping!

Im going to attempt to put Laila in her own bed tonight, im sure ill be up and down all night! I went to a meeting thing for new mums today and watched a video on how to settle bubs in their own bed so hopefully that works! We also had Laila weighed and she is 340g heavier then when she was last weighed 9 days ago!

Supa i cant imagine what you are going through! Will definitely be thinking of your little one when she goes in for surgery! I hope you will be able to pop in and let us know how she goes! But dont feel bad at all for not posting!

Hope Lexie is better soon Leigh! Poor bubba!

ammaki - great news on the weight gain! I had Ambah weighed on Monday, she's 4.1kg. I think that's good. I had a look at DD1 & DD2's charts, and DD2 was 4.1kg at 11days old! lol She was such a chubby bubby. Ambah is just really long and skinny. A lot like DD1.
    What kind of things did the dvd suggest for settling bub in their bed at night? Good luck with getting Laila in her own bed, hopefully you won't be up and down too much with resettling her.
    Our night time routine (if you want to know) is this:
    feed, bath, finish feed, little awake time, then wrapped up in bed while awake (but drowsy) and the door open just a tad with a tiny bit of light coming through the bedroom door. Ambah likes to lie in bed looking at the light, then drifts off to sleep. I sometimes give her a top up feed just prior to putting her to bed if she needs it.

quegsley - sorry, can't help with leaking boobs, never got them. I've been going to bed really early for the past 2 weeks, and I'm missing out on my favourite shows!

Laila is 3.8kg at 2.5wks, im finding her to be quite long, 0000 jumpsuits with no legs fit perfect but if the jumpsuit has legs i need 000 to fit her long legs, but its swimming on her everywhere else!

The video suggested to put your hand on their chest whilst they are laying in bed and with your other hand gently tap the mattress, then slowly withdraw each hand...apparently it lets them know you are there or something along those lines.

We dont really have a routine as such, maybe thats where im going wrong. She seems to cluster feed from 6pm for a few hours then ive just been taking her to bed with me, Im going to try wrap her and put her in bed now, fingers crossed! Even if she lasts half the night in her own bed ill be happy. Id love to bath her before bed but its so cold in our house i think shed freeze!

Cluster feeding here too. Not so much this week, but definitely up until this week. I have always put that down to bub building up my supply for that time of night so they can sleep longer.
    How about the bathroom vanity sink, would she fit in that for a bath? Might sound odd, but that way, you could have the shower on to keep the room warm, and she'd get a bath. Or if you have a bath attached to your change table, would it fit in the bathroom?

Our vanity isnt a normal sink type thing, hard to explain but i dont think that would work at the moment i just put her bath on the kitchen bench, i have a little heater i could pull out hmm, i shall investigate tomorrow!

I put her in her cot at 8pm, no waking yet *touch wood* might have a shower and head to bed myself. Me having a shower normally wakes her up lol

Supablondie, congratulations on the birth of your beautiful baby girl. I imagine it would have been quite a shock for you and your family. My thoughts are with you and hope that your DD surgery can be delayed for as long as possible. Please pop in when you can and keep up updated on her progress.

Jodi – wow you’ve got Ambah into a great routine, well done. The extra sleep must be a real godsend.

Quegsley – Ted’s sleep routine is pretty much exactly like Hudson’s. I find that changing his nappy at his 12-2 feed really wakes him up and I can sometimes be awake for 2 hrs. Makes waking for the next feed really hard & the cold morning certainly don’t help!! A friend leant me the’ Love My Way’ series so I’ve watching it during his feeds. Soooo much better than the crappy infomercials.

Leigh – happy 8 week b’day to Lexie. Hope she feels better soon, it’s horrible that they can get sick when so little. Hudson is pretty much over his cold now.

Ammaki – good luck with Laila tonight, I hope she goes down for you. Great weight gain too, sounds like all the feeding she’s been doing is fattening her up.

Bad news from me unfortunately, I have Mastitis. It’s not infected as yet & touch wood it won’t become infected but the lump it the size of a ping pong ball!! I’m a really annoyed that I let it get this bad, I’ve had it for two weeks and thought I was on top of it but it’s blown up to that size in the last few days. I went to the Dr and got antibiotics, I’m on a double dose for the next 2 days and if it hasn’t improved my Monday she’s sending to me to hospital for a scan and possible drainage, joy! I’m more than a little concerned about the effect the antibiotics will have on Hudson. I’ve already noticed an effect on my milk supply too.
    We had our first baby clinic appointment yesterday and he is now 5.3kgs and 61cms long. He’s been feeding like a crazy man the last few days, every 2-3 hours. I just gave him 150mls of expressed milk and he gutsed the whole thing.. crazy hey. He’s sleeping soundly at the moment and I’m hoping he will until around 2 tonight.

ALSO I’m using cloth by day now and loving it!! The Cushie Tushies are great too Leigh, I’m really glad I ordered the extra ones. I do find that I can’t dress him in some of his outfits due to the bulk of the nappy, hoping it improves as he gets bigger.

Question – does anyone use the Lux Flakes for washing. Do you dissolve them in water before using as per the instructions?

awww, hope the mastitis clears soon! It must be so painful. What a great weight he is at the moment as well! The clothes do fit better as they get older. But it is a pain with some brands, they just don't make them for cloth unfortunately.
    We don't use Lux Flakes as we can't in our washing machine, but yeah, you do dissolve them prior first.

ammaki - my mum bathes Ambah in her kitchen sink when we go over there lol. It looks really cute.

Queg, I've never had leaky boobs either so I'm no
    help sorry. I don't even have to wear breast pads.

Ammaki, fingers crossed Laila sleeps well in her bed for you tonight.

Jodi, it's hot tonight hey. I've just changed Lexie into something a little cooler for her. Our household has never had so much sickness as now. Think coz DH & I are run down plus DD1 keeps picking things up from school.

Rach, ouch on the matitis. Hopefully the ab's kick in soon for you. Sounds like Hudson loves his ebm, great weight too.

I'm just giving Lexie her last feed & then we're off to bed. Hopefully it's a good night & all my kids sleep through for me.

Goodnight girls, hope you all get some good sleep!

sure is Leigh. I changed Ambah out of her wondersuit into a cotton suit. DH really wants to put the air con on, but I won't let him! Hope you have a good night.

I stripped Lexie out of her wondersuit too. I'm not even putting the vaporiser on for her tonight coz it makes the room too hot. Just noticed it's been raining here.

Rach, forgot to tell u that the cushie tushies are starting to fit Lexie well too. She's got more than enough mcn's but baby beehinds are selling a pack of 3 magicalls on eBay for $45 with free postage to I grabbed some tonight. I got size medium so they'll be ready & waiting for her once she grows into them.

I had my worst night ever with Lexie. She was really unsettled before bed & finally went to sleep around 11.30pm & then she woke at 1.30am & was up until 5.45am unsettled again. She's not really feeding. She just fussed & grizzles at the breast, it really frustrates her. I was worried it was my supply so I tried her with a bottle & she's doing the same thing. She's still sick with her cold & I'm worried she has a sore throat coz I do too. DH slept through the whole thing. I'm exhausted already & the day has only just started.

So sorry to hear that Leigh!! I hope she's back to herself soon for you!!

I had the opposite night with Laila, put her in her cot at 9pm woke at 11:50pm, 3:30am & 5:45am then slept til 8:30am for me! I was so happy! Especially since she lasted the entire night in her cot! Woohoo!

She seems to be having trouble passing wind...and not from her mouth IYKWIM. She gets so frustrated and lets out this scream, then after she passes wind she's fine, its like she's getting tummy aches from it or something! I tried the boiled water (cooled lol) and she wont drink it, she has this expression on her face like WTF are you feeding me woman haha. Any ideas how i can help her?

Ozstar sent us a disc of all the photos she took! Oh they are awesome! Will attempt to upload them soon!

Ammaki, glad Laila is doing well sleeping in her cot. Lexie has been the same with her wind. But this morning she finally did quite a few farts & then a massive poo so hopefully her tummy will settle a bit now. I've been trying to rest but DD2 keeps coming & jumping on me. Bloody DH is sound asleep & he slept all night. I need him to watch the kids while I try & sleep.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast