Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~July 1st-15th 2010 #1

Sal - Thanks for that. Kinda a bluey greyey colour. hmmmm. Will have to ask DH nicely

Dr Tal - If you get it and dont like it once you get it you can always return it as long as you meet my return policy which is on my website. Hope that helps . by the way I loved you photos thanks for that. I only have photos on facebook but you dont have a facebook account do you?

Sal - It's like the black one I have isn't it?? and I like that one...the colour would't make or break it so to speak.
    No, I'm not on facebook. I set up the photobucket account mainly for my mum, but it's quite good for sharing photos with family and friends who don;t live near me!

Dr Tal - yep its like the one you have, I am running a 10% off for BB members for the month of November I will message you the code, you enter it into the check out area and it automatically takes 10% off for you. Check out the Market place area on BB as I am about to post about it now.

Hii

Yes I do make those dresses lol .. I've sold one so far .. theyre so easy to make seriously lol .. I've only had my sewing machine for a few weeks, and They were one of the first things I've made. If you have a sewing machine i could tell you how? lol

Salad: Love the site, I had a quick look and I've already seen a top I like hehe .. I dont have any nursing wear tops .. Oh i'll PM you too for your facebook

Dr Tal: Isn't the reason you dont have a facebook something to do with a bet with a family member? Or something similair?

So, I'll be of now .. Gotta do some cleaning .. God I wish it'd do itself .. lol xx

M2A they're gorgeous, seriously! But i don't have a sewing machine, also can't sew yet another thing i can't do warning poor me post to follow... Feel free to ignore it just need to talk to someone...

So the thing is, i can't drive... At 16 when everyone jumps to get their L's I had no one willing to teach me so i didn't bother.
    Then when i turned 18 the comments started... Everyone's like you have no hand eye co-ordination how are you going to drive? You're just lazy you can't be bothered. You're just scared you'll fail like always etc
    Jump to march last year, my DP promised to teach me to drive so i went and did the test and got my L's have i had a lesson, NO! Have i ever been behind the wheel of a car no! and now the thought of it is scary... To the point i feel sick thinking about it.
    I want to learn to drive, i want to be able to go catch up with friends ( the 2 i have left ) whenever i feel like it i want FREEDOM that comes when you can drive yourself where you want/need to go... I'm SICK of being at home all day everyday I can't afford lessons and they won't let me take Shay and i'm not comfortable leaving her. So looks like i'll never get my licence...

Vent/ramble over sorry

So other than that we're all good, the girls are so cute together Shay's really trying to communicate with Lyla, she'll squeal ( ) to get her attention then babble and blow raspberries at her all while kicking like a mad man haha it makes tear up watching them sometimes DP calls me a weirdo lol

everyone sorry for lack of personals Shay just woke, will try come back later

Oh, I was scared too at first .. Still am a bit. I got my L's last year and I was 18 .. I've done 101 hours so far. My dad and his wife have been teaching me .. I wanted to go for my L's as soon as I turned 16 but I was living in a refuge (but thats a whole different story, lol) .. Most of my friends have their P's now, and it really sucks when they can go and do stuff whenever. Its especially hard doing groceries .. My dad usually gets the bulky and heavy stuff for me

If I had my full license and lived near you. I'd teach you .. And sewing too

I could never sew, I even failed textiles at school, (lowest marks in the class) on a pillowcase!!!

Anyway, Ayva's getting her needles today .. One anyway, they ran out of one of the 2 month needles so shes getting them today .. When shes due for her next lot! lol .. And Ayva goes nuts in the bath .. splashes like crazy lol .. talk later, Off the the baby clinic xx

Jessey- It must be very frustrating to be stuck at home. Did you have a car accident or something to make you so fearful of driving. Can someone watch Shay and Lyla so DP can take you for lessons? And- get onto DP about taking you- he needs to help you!! If you lived close to me I would help you
    So Shay and Lyla are going along nicely- thats wonderful to hear! And I can understand the squealing thing- Gumnut is really good at that

M2A- I hassle DH to buy me a sewing machine but he won't because he thinks I will get bored of it too quick, but I would love to make cute little sweet things like you...LOL..I have no idea at all how to do it though..LOL

everyone else.

I'm waiting for gumnut to wake so I can head down the shops and hopefully ignite my creative being (somewhere inside me I hope )...Its Dh's and I's anniversary tomorrow and I have no idea what to do Being broke is a factor also I posted asking for ideas and someone suggested cooking stuff for him so I think I'm going to make some little love heart biscuits and wrap them up in some stuff (LOL) and pop them in his lunch bag so he will get a surprise at work tomorrow. I will make him some scones (his favorite) for when he gets home from work tomorrow and cook up a roast. Lots of cooking for a bad cook but I will try Ofcourse I have already written him a heartfelt card- I have no probs with that and I had a little cry while doing it...LOL...such an emotional woman sometimes
    Gumnut is totally in love with her daddy...LOL...she giggles and laughs when he gets home and is just generally loving his company- its really heartwarming.
    Well, off I go....wish me luck!

Delph - How did your cooking go last night? Hopefully your DH appreciated your cullinary efforts!

M2A - That's funny that you coulnd't even sew a pillowcase at school You wouldn't it know it from looking at the dresses you've sewn.

And yes, I'm not on facebook because I had a disagreement with my brother over it YEARS and I do mean YEARS ago. I can't even remember what it was over now But I'm stubborn....think it could be a Virgo thing, but I know it's definitely a melencholy choleric thing and consequently I am still refusing to sign up to facebook

How'd Ayva go after her needle?

Jessey - That must be really hard being stuck at home Defnitely make your DP give you lessons. Can your mum watch the two girls for you? Is there somewhere you could go where there is no traffic? I learned on farm roads and at an old abandoned airport. That way you don't need to stress about there being other vehicles to watchout for as well.

Sal - Thanks heaps for that! I'll be ordering another singlet tomorrow (payday! woohooo )

AFU - B had his shots yesterday. Poor little bugger wasn't quite himself last night but he was no where near as bad as he was after his first set. I'm wondering it it has anything to do with the amber teething necklace I got him at the baby expo the other weekend or if it's just a coincidence. He got a fever and he slept heaps but he wasn't as whingy and unsettled as he was after the last time. I made DH come to the doctor this time and hold him because I was so upset about it last time. I'm such a sook.

Really quick one cause Brock just woke up but...google cuddles n cloth and go to the abby gro website, then click on the mini gro's. That's Brock as the model!! Not the best picture of him, but I'm still a proud mum.

NAwwww...Cuteee!!!! Thought I might pop the link for other to find it here as I have learnt how to do things like that now... Congrats B on being a super cool model

How has everyone been?

Dr T- Gumnut had her shots yesterday and she has been miserable I hope B is much much better now. How have you found the amber necklace? Maybe its time to get one for Gumnut?

Hi Sal- Love the website and have been on the facebook one too- great job! You have worked hard. Hows DP? Hope all is going ok for you both

Jessey and M2A and Hi OP if your lurking

AFU: As I said Gumnuts not herself- she will improve soon I'm sure- she is just being very sooky. She has enormous fun blowing her dummy out of her mouth all the time. She thinks it is hilarious and likes to eat her toes too...LOL...

We had a scare the other day- yet another bad mummy moment- I was on the phone and Gumnut was playing with my ear..you know grabbing it with her hands- trying to stick my ear in her mouth (like everything else). She went quiet, I figured she was falling asleep until she coughed. I realised I had put on a pair of earrings that had a back on them IYGWIM. I dropped the phone and grabbed her off my shoulder and started fishing through her mouth. Luckily she hadn't swallowed it but I sure learnt my lesson. I never usually wear earrings with backing on them for that reason- I had just forgotten to take them off.
    Ahh well, not much else to say really. I am counting down the days til I return to work- not because I am looking forward to going but because I am trying to savour everyday I have with her, gosh I will miss her

Catch ya later

Hi All
    Dr Tal - B looks so cute and the link you sent us to your photos was great, my DH couldnt believe B and our E are nearly the same age, B is heaps bigger than E.

Delph - Thanks about my website and facebook, your right I have worked hard, thats why I have been slack in posting in here and lack of personals. I do follow its just been hard as most of the time I only have one hand to type with and it annoys me.

I have been having a few dramas with BF E, he pulls on and off the boob all the time and is impatient waiting for my let down which has been slow most likely due to my sleeping problems and also stress with DH stuff. This week has been better for sleep and feeding yesterday and today seems to have improved. Oh I got to run E is awake and DH has the flu so talk soon.

DH was giving B big cuddles on the bed and I just peeked in on them and they've fallen asleep. B is snuggled into DH's chest. SO CUTE!

Sal - I hade problems with B feeding a while back...with just one breast though. I'd put him on it and he'd scream and claw and my breast and push it away. Was really quite upsetting. Don't know what happened cause it but ****, one day he was feeding as per normal again.

Y"ou are right htough that all the stress you've been under and the lack of sleep c ould be affecting yoru supply. Have you thought about maybe contacting a LC about it?

So how big is E? B weighs about 6.7kg and is about 64cm long. I know whenever I bring him in to clinic to be weighed the MW always comments on his weight gain and how good it is for a BF baby. I don't really notice it I think one because I'm with him all day and two because I've not really been around all that many other babies.

Delph - Sorry to hear the shots upset gumnut so much.

B's amber necklace. I like it. Like I said in an earlier post he was no where near as unsettled and whingy after this set of shots as he was after his two months one, and it could be just a coincidence, but I got the amber necklace for him about 2 weeks ago so it could be hat as well. I personally think it was the necklace because I know when I got my Hep B needles for work the first one wasn't a problem, the second one I got a bit nauseus and queezy feeling and after my 3rd I ended up going home sick part way though the day, and I know one of the shots B is getting his Hep B so I would think it would affect a baby similarly to an adult. I'd definitely recommend one. B doens't pay any attentionto his at all, so it;s not like it's a nuisance, I don't even think he knows it's there.

Also you're NOT a bad mother. it's a very innocent mistake. After all gumnut is your first baby, there are lots of things you won'[t be able to do or leave out now that you never thought the slightest about before. It's a HUGE learning curve, you can't expect to not make a mistake here or there. Gumnut is okay, that's the main thing.

A big hello to all you lurkers!

AFU - As a couple of you have seen from a post in the platinum members section I am getting sick of everying giving me 'advice' (read this as if you don't do what I say you shoudl do you must not be a very good mother) from people. I don't tell otehr pepole how to parent, and /I just wish everyone else would extend me the same curtesy. Sheesh. I personally can't for the life of me figure out why it's any of their business in the first place. But honestly, I rock B to sleep but the way these people are acting you'd think I was plying him with alcohol to make him pass out It's not hurting them, and I enjoy it so just LET ME BE!! GRRR

I'll get off my soap box now

Hi gals, still here and lurking!

Dr T, so cute about your boys falling asleep together, awww!

AFU: had X weighed and measured yesterday - he's up to 7.2kg and 70cm! That's only the 70th percentile for weight but over the 100th for length!! So he's long and lean - my little string bean!

Massive growth spurt in length - 4cm in three weeks.

Not much else to report - he's sleeping pretty well during the day and mostly self settles but at night we feed to sleep. Ah well! Whatever works I think!

Hope everyone is going well!

A string bean indeed OP! A basketballer maybe?? LOL Glad he is healthy and well!

Dr T- Yes I saw your post in the forums about people thinking they know better. Its hard sometimes isn't it, being told to do this and that...I find it frustrating. The other day when I saw my MCHN (who I think is wonderful) I mentioned to her how lucky I am to have a baby that sleeps through the night.She said "well how do you do that" I said "I don't know I just feed her, daddy gives nitey nite cuddles and I put her in the cot, turn the mobile on and walk out".MCHN said "you should know better than to put your baby to bed straight after a feed"...Not quite sure why she thought I would know better, and I'm not sure why I shouldn't put her to bed straight after a feed, but hell, we have had 2 months of gumnut sleeping through the night and well, if it aint broke I'm not gunna fix it! The moral of the story Dr T.....pfffttt to those who give unwanted advice

Sal-I had similar issues with gumnut re pulling off the boob- it may be just a phase or earache, or teething or anything really...LOL...I don't know, but I hope it sorts itself out soon.

AFU- going along ok...desperately waiting for gumnut to have a poo- has been 3 days and she is seriously cranky todays the day...I can feel it..LOL- hope she does it before mothers group though

Delph - I don't know...a poo splosion at mothers group could be quite interesting. Just the thing to liven it up a bit

Huh. I almost always but B to sleep straight after a feed. Can't say I've ever been told NOT to. So what are the mothers who have babies who wake up in the middle of the night for a feed suppose to do? Feed them, then keep them awake for another 20-30 minutes so they don't go to sleep straight after?? AS IF

OP - WOW what a long little boy X is. Defnintely a string bean....when he grows up he'll be a beanstalk

AFU - Went to clinic yesterday. B is 6.82kg and 65cm long. 50th and 50th percentiles for us. BUT I was told that I should seriously start thinking about giving B solids very soon Apparently he's giving all the ready to be eating ques plus. She also said because he's so mobile (with his rolling everywhere) that starting him on solids will lessen his chance of eating something that he'd get an allergic reaction to. Didn't quite follow her logic on that one, but I guess she's the midwife...nbot be. Just seems really soon to be giving him solids. Are any of you other ladies starting solids yet or going to be doing it soon?

I'm also going to be giving him his first swimming lesson in our spa when DH gets back (he's away for work until late tomorrow). I have a friend who's a swimming instructor and she's coming around Sat morning to pour water over his head. hehehe.

Also, I keep meaning to ask, but then I forget. Do any of you live in/near Sydney. Reason I ask is that when I bring Brock to the embassy I'll be staying over night and I thought it might be nice to meet up with one/some of you. Just a thought!
    Last edited by Dr. Tal; November 9th, 2010 at 10:31 AM. Reason: HUGE spelling error LOL

Ok ladies I'm on the big computer and not my phone woo!

Sorry about that slack post before - on the phone you can't see previous replies, I remembered about Dr T's cute boys, but not much else and my intention was to post a bit, go and read a bit, edit and add some more... but then my FIL turned up and I got distracted!

So here goes a proper catch up!!

Delph - errrrrr excuse me about the feeding then putting down??? How bizarre - most of the "routines" that are out there contain at least one common element, at the end of the day you do your bedtime routine (whatever that may be, eg bath, books whatever) but the common thing is always one last feed (breast/bottle) then bed for the night. Yeah during the day most routines don't advocate feeding before a sleep (at risk of feeding baby to sleep and baby not learning to self-settle) but night time is different!

And if you're not following a routine and are doing demand feeding/gentle parenting then feeding before a sleep or feeding to sleep is the way to go! Bah to her!

Ohhh 3 days! Argh!! Take lots of wipes and clothes to MG just in case hun At X's three month weigh and measure he did a poosplosion, I had to dig out my emergency clothes, lucky I had some! He then proceeded to wee on me and then vomit on me... the MCHN said "Oh aren't we lucky, we got the trifecta!"

We're off to get X's shots on Monday... hope he is ok... has Gumnut returned to her normal self now? Hope it wasn't too bad.

Have to agree you are not a bad mum!! It was an accident! And nothing even happened anyway. So many bad mummy moments we have... sigh! Motherhood is a tough gig.

Dr T - just went to the Abby Gro website, how cute is little B! I'm not in Syd sorry - I would have loved to meet up though. Maybe some other time!

I have to say - it seems very early to be starting solids, even if B is very active. Is he still sleeping well? Does he seem unsettled/hungry straight after a feed? The WHO and the ABA recommend exclusive BF until 6mths of age. Having said that, I started my DD at around 5.5mths - but unless he seems super ready, I'd be waiting a bit. I don't know if I can post a link to an article, but if you go to the ABA website, then Breastfeeding Information (top of the page), there's an article called "Confused about introducing solids?" which they have just released so its current info.

As one of the counsellors in my group says - just because a baby is watching you eat and wants to play with your food doesn't mean they are ready for solids. They like to play with your car keys too but you're not going to let them drive are you?

That's what she says... a bit extreme I know But the point I'm trying to make is just because he seems interested doesn't necessarily mean he's ready. That article talks about allergies too so give it a look.

Sal - how's E going with the bf now? I really think its an age thing - did you see SB posted a similar thread about fussing at the breast! X is similar, he pulls off and looks around, sometimes laughs or sometimes whinges a bit, then might have a few more sucks, might not! Its a bit frustrating for all of us!

How's DH??

Jessey - any progress with your driving lessons? That must be so isolating, I really hope you can sort something out soon.

How cute that Shay tries to talk to Layla! I love watching my two interact too, its very sweet.

M2A - loving all the photos on FB! Your two are very cute!

Hi to everyone else!!!! Better go hang out the washing while I have two asleep...!

Hey Dr T - I think our DH's are related... they look very similar in our avvies... wait, so do we! Are you my long lost American twin sister??? With a tan?

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast