Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~July 1st-15th 2010 #1

Quote Originally Posted by OceanPrincess View Post
    Hey Dr T - I think our DH's are related... they look very similar in our avvies... wait, so do we! Are you my long lost American twin sister??? With a tan?

I hadn't paid that much attention, but now that you mention it...... hmmmm

I'm going to go have a read of that article you suggested. I personally thought the MW was jumping the gun a bit, which is why I thought I'd come on here and ask about it. I had always thought no solids until close to 6 months...and he's still quite a way off that.

That having been said I've been hacing a heck of a time with him going to bed at night and he now wakes up about 3 times...which is quite a shock to the system when you think he'd only ever woken once before that and often slept right though. I've also really been struggling with his daytime naps. He doesn't want to go down and when he does I'm lucky if he stays asleep for more then 30 minyutes. Then he's cranky and whinges for a bit. I just assumed it was a phase or a growth spurt or something. Doesn't really phase me and I'm not that concerend about it because all up he's still a good kid and doesn't really fuss that much comparatively speaking IYKWIM

Sal - Got my singlet in the mail today. Thanks heaps!
    I LOVE the colour

Default Hello long lost baby buddies

Hi ladies, long time no post, sorry about that! I am just struggling to get anything done as it is. I have no idea how you could possibly have more than one kid!

Have been lurking and wanting to post but only ever on iPod these days and it is not conducive to typing. On it now but thought I'd make an effort to say hi.

Just a couple of personals.

Sal - thinking of you, hope your DH will be okay.

Jessey - I was 26 when I got my license so I know the pain of not being independently mobile and it would be infinitely more difficult with kids. You can do it! I had to sit my test a second time, almost got squashed by a b double on a round about the first time! Hope you find some one who can give you some practice time.

Hi Delph, Dr T, m2a, OP, Starbright and any other lurkers. Sorry about lack of personLs, always interested in what u have to say though!

Afu - T finally rolled tummy to back first time Sunday! DH was with him. I saw him do it today. So exciting! He had his first swimming lesson last Friday. Wouldn't say he loved it but he didn't cry and I think he probably appreciated doing something new

I have been a little worried because he wasmedian weight at birth but has dropped to the 15th percentile. He was median length too and now he's taller than average. So a skinny boy... But he seems healthy. And I love him to pieces! So adorable.

Must sleep! Goodnight all!

Hey ladies

Twice on the computer in one week for me, amazing!

Hope we are all well and those Victorians are surviving the heat... I'm finding BF a big bubba a bit of a challenge in the heat as he get so warm lying on my lap! Ah well! Just have to deal with it...

Hi EJ! I'm a lurker/iPhone reader too so I know what you mean. Its a bit tough writing long, personal responses on there. I make so many typos... Sounds like T is going well, apart from his weight! But that might not be an issue? Has the health nurse said anything about it? I'm sure its fine! As long as he's healthy right! Don't forget those weight ranges are just ranges - there have to be babies in the top of the range, likewise the bottom. Good work on him rolling, yay T!

How's his sleep going??

Dr T - sometimes they do get really wakeful when they are stating to grow past just breastmilk and might need a bit of solid food - or it could just be a 4mth growth spurt, I find X feeds heaps more when he's having a growth spurt and wakes more often over night. What are your mummy instincts telling you? I know sometimes its hard to tell... but you know him best. Does he seem content after a feed, even if he is feeding more frequently? Does he still sleep solidly, even if he is waking a bit more? Is he still happy and relatively content in general?

They also start to become more aware in general around 4mths, so it could just be that. With his daytime sleeps - how long is he awake for before you put him down? Do you watch the clock or just go with his tired signs? I found I was getting a bit too caught up in "He's been awake for an hour, he must be grizzling because he's tired, I'll put him down" and then he'd cry, drop off to sleep, but only sleep 40mins. I'm now trying to follow his cues a bit more and he's starting to do longer sleeps during the day. I have both of mine asleep now and they both have been for an hour. Woo woo. So before X went down an hour ago, he'd been awake for almost 3hrs We'd been to a music playgroup for his sister so he had lots to look at and listen to, and he just seemed happy with my mum so he just stayed awake until we came home! I would never have done that with my DD at this age, keep him awake for so long!

B might be wanting to be awake a bit more between sleeps? Might be something else to consider.

X is starting to rub his eyes when he's tired now - its a bit funny though as he can't quite control his hands yet so he kind of swipes at his eyes with his hands and ends up getting his eyes, face, forehead, mouth, whatever...

AFU: We've started the process of looking for a new house. Our current place is just not big enough so we are going to buy somewhere bigger! Pain in the bum though, going to all the opens and stuff. We've got some pretty specific needs for DH in the way of storage space, which is making it harder. We went to 9 open houses last night between 3 and 6.30pm... dropped the kidlets off at my ILs and raced around... we were stuffed by the end of it!

X going well - rolls tummy to back pretty easily now and is attempting the back to tummy roll every time I put him down. He'll get it soon!

Think I hear him stirring, better dash!

Hugs to all

Hi girls i am sorry for being selfish with no personals, but just wanted to pop in and let you know we had DH's appointment yesterday at Peter Mac they are very happy and think it will all be fine, doing more surgery on the 26th, just want to take more from around the area also going to take a lymph node from the groin to test it, if nothing there then it hasnt spread, they are very confident it hasnt spread, they said they classify it in 3 categories low risk, medium risk and high risk, DH is at the high end of low risk, they say people in DH's category they usually never see again, they remnove the mole and thats all and they live a long and happy life lol. So now just have to get through surgery and for the lymph node to come back clear and all will be good. They also photographed and checked his entire body which was all fine thank god. Thanks for all your support and praying.

Will pop back later for personals etc.

Hey Sal- don't you worry about personals - we are glad you are keeping us updated. Its Fantastic news- I am soo relieved for both of you!! I can't imagine the stress you both have gone through so its wonderful news

Hey EJ- Certainly sounds like a tall skinny bubba- and he's been swimming? Fantastic! I was hoping to take gumnut swimming sometime soon. Did you need a special nappy or anything? It sounds like you are loving motherhood

OP Pre-baby, my DH and I loved going to open days and seeing all the houses. Just don't get a chance to do it now. How eciting to get a new place- and bigger for a new bubba...will you be TTC soon?

and Hi Dr T- hows the bossy people in your life? Hope their not still being all know it alls.

AFU: the days are abit of an irritable time for gumnut. She is still sleeping through the night, thank god, but day times she is a grizzly moody girl I'm coping fine with it, its just I havn't really got it all under control by the time DH comes home from work and I end up passing her to him and saying I need an hour off- He is excellent about it- but I feel bad. I would love DH to come home and find a happy giggly baby not a crappy one IYGWIM. Well back to it for me...have a great weekend girls

I'm back! When it rains it pours, lol.

Just eating dinner and have stolen DH's laptop. I prepared and he cooked. Yay teamwork.

Delph - I was confused about whether you needed to put anything under the swim nappy. Trav has been in 00 clothes for quite a while now but I bought both 00 and 000 swim nappies just in case. I couldn't believe it, even the 000 was way too big! I called the swim school and they confirmed you aren't supposed to need to put anything underneath. Must be a skinny boy thing again, lol. So at the moment I'm using the smallest huggies disposable swim nappies and hoping T will grow into his togs.

I hope gumnut gets happier during the day for you soon. I used to have lots of trouble with T, and he's still hit and miss, but he's been heaps better since I stopped caring so much about how long he sleeps. Just like OP was suggesting to Dr Tal, I wait for his tired signs and I don't worry if he only has a short nap. How about you?

Sal - fantastic news about your DH! I hope his lymph results come back with the all clear.

OP - T hasn't been sleeping very well overnight for quite a while now. For a while there he was only waking up once or twice, with a lovely stretch of 7 hours or sometimes longer. Lately though he can wake up up to 4 times a night and hasn't slept more than 4 hours at a stretch for ages. Except one night where he slept 10 hours straight! Random. I naturally hoped it was the start of things to come but no such luck. I'm coping fairly well with the sleep deprivation, maybe because lie down to feed him during the day more frequently, so I don't want to think about controlled crying just yet.

How about X? I remember you writing that he was having trouble overnight too, I think. Have things improved? Gosh, he's a long boy isn't he!? 4cm in 3 weeks is crazy!

Dr T - I hope B gets back to his long sleeps overnight soon.

Dr T & OP (& anyone else using cloth nappies) - just wondering if you use cloth exclusively? We put T in a disposable overnight because he rarely poos overnight but in the early hours of the morning must do lots of wees. And I was wondering if you'd heard anything about wearing nappies in the car? The car seat we bought says your baby should only have one nappy on (not sure what kind they mean) to support baby's spine if there's a crash! We often use a sposie when we go out anyway, but not always and now I'm wondering if I should cos his cloth nappies are so much thicker and can be a bit uneven at the back IYKWIM?

Well better go to bed or I won't get any sleep. Unless T does another 10 hour sleep. Oh please please please!

Hi to everyone else, and if there are any Qld'ers reading I noticed that playgroup qld has free membership for new parents whose baby is under 9 months until the end of the year. Usually only $35 but still...
    Last edited by EmmaJane; November 12th, 2010 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Originally way too many exclamation marks. LOL.

Quick question - does anyone know whether we can still read our old belly buddies posts and if so where they've got to? Oh, and what does "Sticky" mean at the start of a forum name?

Sal - said it before, will say it again, great news. Any good news is great news in my book I know still a way to go but hey!

Delph - no good about Gumnut being unsettled during the day. I know what you mean about DH arriving home and throwing the baby at him... I do it with mine all the time and there are two of them!!! Poor DH, sometimes he is so filthy from crawling through rooves at work (he's an electrician) and he walks in just wanting a shower and some clean clothes and here's me going nutso! She will get better hun And your DH sounds pretty awesome

As for us TTC, probably not as small an age gap as between DD and DS... it is pretty full on with the two of them and if we buy a new house we will need me to be back at work for longer than the 5mths I managed this time

TBH I have days where I think I won't cope with a third bundle... but I just feel in my heart that I'm not done yet, that there's another bub in my future.

Hey again EJ!! Twice in one day, woo!

I was wondering the same thing about our BB threads... I think they are archived somewhere. Maybe post in the help section of the forum, one of the mods should be able to help you out.

"Sticky" means that it stays at the top of the list of threads, all the time. So no matter if someone posts or not, it'll always be at the top. Normal threads get bumped up and down the list depending on when people reply. Does that make sense? Mods will "sticky" something if they want people to see it. Oh and the most recent belly buddy groups are stickies, likewise the newest baby buddy groups.

WRT cloth - we're in cloth full time, I have a different nappy that I use overnight for my two. During the day they'll be in a cotton/microfibre nappy, its a slimmer, less absorbent, more trim nappy because we change more frequently. Overnight, I use a big chunky bamboo nappy with booster of some variety. My DD uses a terry flat folded up as her booster, it is massively chunky but anything else she just wets through. She also wears a silk liner in her night nappy as it helps prevent nappy rash being in the cloth for 12ish hours.

X, I have just started putting him into a "night nappy" and not changing him overnight. I still use a bamboo nappy, similar to DD, but he doesn't need as a big a booster - he gets a bamboo trifold, basically a rectangle of bamboo that I fold in three and it sits in the nappy. That absorbs all his overnight wees! I use a liner for him too, but it is microfleece, which wicks the moisture away from his skin and makes him feel drier overnight.

I've found cloth a bit trial and error overnight, with DD I really had to try out a few different nappy/booster combos to find one that was absorbent enough for her. She just wees heaps! We use a PUL cover, which doesn't breathe as much as a wool or fleece cover on the nappy, because anything other than PUL and she wakes up wet. So to combat the PUL cover we use the silk liner. Took us ages to find the best solution for her!

As for cloth in the car, I haven't heard anything about that sorry!

Sooo ladies, Delph's question about TTC has got me thinking, I've been meaning to ask - what is everyone doing about contraception? If you don't mind sharing?

Sal - That's fantastic news about your DH You must be really relieved. And I'm sure his biopsy isgoing to come back fine and then you'll not need to worry anymore

And don't worry about the 'selfish' post. I think you're definitely entitled to one, and I can't say it was all that selfish as I know I really wanted to know how things were with your DH and I'm sure I wasn't the only one!

OP - Contraception. I'm on the mini pill, but I've been absolutely hopeless in remembering to take it. I guess we were TTC for so long and then I was pregnant and didn't need to worry about it that I've really gotten out of the habit of taking them. So DH has been using condomns as well.

Giving Brock solids. My mummy instincts are telling me it's too early. The more I think about it....and what that particular midwife said...the more I'm convinced that I'll be waiting. The reason I say 'that particular midwife' is because she's not the usual one I see when I go to clinic. There are two of them there and older one and a younger one, and just luck of the draw MOST of the time I get the younger one. But this last time I got the older one. Now the younger one has never once said anything about thinking about starting solids for B or starting them when he's 4 months or anything and she's seen his development all along and knows about him rolling, as in rolling places, for quite a while. She never seemed to take this as a sign he was ready for solids. She did tell me to start watching for queus and gave me a couple pamphlets to read, but wasn't in any hurry for me to start. The older one I saw last week, I almost got the impresssion it was more of a 'right he's 4 months old...time for solids ready or not' The more I think about some of the reasons she gave as to why I shoudl start him, the less sense they make to me.

As for B's sleeping. Maybe I've been too laid back (or perhaps I've been laid back just enough after reading some of your posts) but I've never been caught up with him needing to sleep for so long, or only being awake for so long or needing naps at set times. I've always just let him sleep when he sleeps and wake up when he wakes up. That having been said he has been fighting his day naps for a bit now so I do watch for tired signs...his eyes get red rimmed, if he's on the floor he'll start curling up on his side and he makes a droning sort of humming sound. He'll usually just be talking, but then it will get more slurred (if that makes sense) then it becomes less baby words/sounds and more just a constant sound/hum. So then I'll pick him up and rock him to sleep. I keep track of when he sleeps and for how long but I don't try to make him sleep at set times if he's not showing his tired signs. And when he wakes up, I will try to sooth him back if I can, but if I can't, then I'll get him up and not worry too much about it. His night time sleeps. I remember you saying that X wasn't sleeping through the night very well lately and that you thought it was because of a growth spurt, so when B started sleeping not so well I just assumed it was probably a growth spurt as well. I'm not concerened abut it apart from me just not getting as much sleep as I was before.

His feeding...he does seem content after a feed. I've never felt that he's not getting enough. I guess all that combined with the fact that I have the baby rice cereal, but just can't bring myself to make it for B, points to me not thinking he's ready yet. Just a very long winded way of getting around to it

EJ - I have B in nappies 24/7 now. At first I didn't have enough cloth, so I did have to use disposables from time to time, but now my stash is big enough that he's in them full time. Even when we go out I don't put him in disposables, he just gets really nasty nappy rash from them. So I've gotten a MASSIVE diaper bag (DH bought a kids saddle bag as a nappy bag) so when we go out I stock it up with 9 or so washables and away we go. Can't say I've heard the car seat thing either.

I do have what I consider his night nappies. I've got a combination of PUL lined ones and wind pro fleece. He has to have a PUL one on at night or it will leak. So far I've not needed an extra booster for him at night though. I know it took me a while to get the hang of how tight/loose the diaper needed to be to contain all his poos and pees. If they are too loose they escape, but I've also noticed that if they are too tight they escape too..funnily enough.

Almost forgot WOOHOOO for T rolling

Delph - It seems there will always be people to tell you that you're not raising your child right. Which really just means you aren't doing it how they did it. Most of the time I just ignore it, but it does get to me once in a while. And of course MIL and SIL are the worst for it The most recent one is they think we're being too overprotective of B. The story behind this one is:

Nephew is sick....again. The last time he was sick...just a runny nose, he gave B that Adeno virus thing and he ended up with a fever, rash, runny nose etc... This time he has tonsilitis, a chest infection AND a throat infection. When I found this out I wouldn't let nephew give B hugs and kisses (which generally end with snot being smeared and lots of open mouth slobbery kisses and grimy snot and slobber covered hands in the face...typical not quite 2 cuddles). Well it was on. "What are you trying to keep him from ever getting sick" "you know when you take him to the shops there are sick people there he'll catch things off" "you can't keep him in a bubble his whole life" and ON AND ON it went. It's not that I never want him to get sick. I know he will and it doesn't particularly bother me...when he's a bit older. At the moment he's only 4 months old, and not really that big. He's not a very chubby baby, so if he gets really sick and stops eating or gets vomiting or diarhea or something he's not got that much weight to loose IYKWIM. And after the episode with the Adeno virus, I've also learned that what's not an issue for a 2 year old, turns into a much bigger issue with a 4 month old. Then the whole shop thing was just stupidity. I don't let randoms with colds walk up to him in the shop and smear snot on him and give him slobbery open mouthed kisses IYKWIM. And it's not like nephew has a simple cold. He's got tonsilitis AND a chest infection AND a throat infection AND he's already been hospitilised over night due to breathing dificulties caused by the chest infection! So forgive me if I'd rather him not be sharing his germs with my baby!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR They are SO..........STUPID (probably the nicest thing I could say about either of them at this point!)

AFU - I was going to be giving B a swim lesson (read this as pour water over his head while sitting on the edge of the spa) this afternoon but it's just pouring rain out and it's quite chilly (well for Nth QLD at any rate). So I think I'm going to have to put it off until next weekend....unfortunately.

A tmi question for everyone. Have any of you gotten AF back yet? And if you have when? Or if no one has yet, for those of you who have already had babies when did you get her back? Not that I'm hanging out for her to come or anything, would just like to be prepared.

Another question for you all as well. Something I've been thinking about a lot lately since the midwife said I shoudl start B on solids. Even though I've decided I'm not starting him yet and that I likely won't till after he's at least 5 months, what are you all going to be doing in regards to solids. Cause it's really not that far off now Or what did you do with your other children. As in after the rice cereal (or did you even start with rice cereal or did you start with something else?), what was the first food you introduced and why did you choose that particular food? I had thought I might do mushed apple in the rice cereal, but I had someone say I shoudl to savoury before sweet, but I don't really know what is classified as savoury vs sweet. Would an apple be sweet? vs maybe pumpkin or avocado which could be classed as savoury? Are you planing on doing purees or baby led solids? I've read a bit about baby led solids, and think I might like to try that, but I'm really entirely sure how to do it if that makes sense? I do know that I want to make my own food for him as opposed to store bought. Just thinking

Now that I've written a novel I probably should go and try to get some housework done while B is still asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Tal View Post

Now that I've written a novel I probably should go and try to get some housework done while B is still asleep.

Dr T - so many replies to your questions, so can't be bothered on the iPhone. Will get onto computer and get back to you!

OOOO...one more question I forgot to ask.....

Is anyone else's baby giving themselves hickies from sucking on their own arms too much??

Just a quickie- totally exhausted!

Dr T- AF has visited me every month since I had gumnut I spose I'm one of the unlucky ones

As for contraception- just hoping on luck- (not to get UTD.. LOL)

I thought I would just jump in here and join in rather than trying to catch up on all the other stuff, I will try and remember what people were asking/saying and who said it lol.

Dr Tal - Solids, I got so confused with DD there is so much info out there some say 4 months some say 6 months so I tried at 5 months lol, I never stressed about it though, DD was breastfed and was getting everything from that, she never really showed much interest in food till much older, she hated pureed food except for cereal and yohgurt, I had a huuuuuuge cook up, pureed everything froze it in ice cube trays, tranfered it to zip lock bags and she hated it all and never ate so it was a huge waste of time and food for us. I just ended up giving her finger foods, soft fruit, and steamed vegies etc, the rule with doing this I was told was to only give them finger food they couldf squish between their tongue and roof of mouth. So DD has never really had puree, she just had bits of finger food. Now she eats everything, there really isnt anything she doesnt eat, she can eat a whole chicken snitzel and sides she is a great eater, people are shocked when they see how much she eats, and she is so little, was still just over 9kg at 12months. She is only 11kg now at 22months. I am hoping DS will be the same. I have been thinking about giving DS some rice cereal, only because he has started waking up every 3 hours over night and feeding every 2-3 hours during the day. I dont know if this is a growth spurt or not, so I might wait a couple of weeks and see if this improves. Biggest thing though is to not stress about it, they wont starve and they will eat when they want to.

Whoever asked about AF making a return, I think it might have been you Dr Tal, mine came back when E was 9 weeks old, was the same with my DD too, I am just unlucky. So this leads me to OP's question I think about contraception, we just use condoms, the pill doesnt agree with me so thats what we have always used.

Dr T - back to you again, glad you are happy with the singlet, I love that colour too.

OP - exciting about house hunting, I love looking through houses, we built our house 5 years ago so I loved looking through display homes. Good luck with your search.

AFU - E has rolled a couple of times both ways but he is so lazy loves to just laze about. I know many will probably think I am terrible but we had him circumcised last week, its obviously a personal choice and one we dont tell anyone really because we are so judged on it. Getting him weighed etc next week and needles too god I hate that part, sounds funny saying that after I had him circumcised doesnt it.

Also trying to get ready for as market here in Shepparton at the end of the month, should be fun.

Talk soon I got to run.
    xoxo

all.

Sal- No judgments about circumscion here- your baby, your choice hun I am definitely no expert on solids- the whole thing seems so complicated to me. Seems like you had the right idea with DD so you have it all down pat for E. I don't use the pill either as it never agreed with me. I think its cruel that AF came back to me soo quickly..LOL..AND my period pain is soo much worse than it used to be...sucks!

Gumnut was stirring (not fully waking) every couple of hours over the past week. I would be getting up and rewrapping her and pop her dummy in only to have to get up an hour or two later and do it again. In the end I decided not to wrap her anymore as she spends so much sleep time getting out of the wrap. So she is now back to sleeping through- spread out like a starfish- the darling girl!

I was telling DH the other night that I think we have a ghost in the house. A couple of months ago we moved DD cot into our bedroom because she just would not settle in her room. She would scream and scream. Up until recently we thought it was because she wanted to be close to us. Anyway- over the past couple of weeks I have been feeling this presence around and when I go into her room (to put her clothes away or whatever) I feel like there is someone standing behind me. Anyway I was telling DH how one day I was sitting in the loungeroom and DD was in our room having a nap. I could hear noises so I figured DD was up. Just before I got into our bedroom I heard the noise in DD bedroom. I walked in and one of the toys was talking (a bear that you have to press its toe to talk) and a mobile hanging from the roof was swinging. Then I felt someone behind me- I flipped around but ofcourse no-one was there. TOTALLY SPOOKED OUT...LOL

Anyway DH said he had felt afew things to and the other day he was walking past DD;s room and noticed the mobile was swinging- (no there were no windows open or any breezes). He said he often feels a presence in the house. Anyway- at 5am this morning I was cleaning out the fridge (see my "I'm fat and disgusting" thread) and the toy in DDs room started going "I love you, I love you, give me a hug"...I dived back into bed with DH and told him that toys is going in the bin tomorrow Sorry abit of a long story there...oops...LOL..catch ya all later xx

Delph - That would freak me out. You need t have your house clensed. I have a friend that could do it for you, but unfortunatly they live here where I do, not there where you do He cleansed our house when we moved in. His wife can 'sense' things. Really hard to describe. She said we didn't ahvce any ghosts in our house, but it was very 'noisy'. She said a noisy house is often cuased when a house is old (ours was built in the 40's) or if it's had a lot of different owners. You can have 3 main types of ghosts, benign most of the time you won't even know they are there, mean/evil think that one goes wiyhout saying, and mischievous which is what yours sounds like. To get rid of it you can have a priest/minister come in and bless your house, so sprinkle holy water around and about all the rooms, or you can have someone like my friend come in. Not sure what he's called, but he's maori and apparenlty all the men in his family have had this 'gift' and can clense ITMS.

That sucks about AF.

Also I meant to comment on this ages back but keep forgetting. That must be so CUTE watching gumnut play with her feet B only just noticed his yesterday for the first time. It was kinda funny. But as far as catching them an playeing with them, so far they've evaded his grasp. He has a habit of kicking them every time he gets near them with his hands. SO FUNNY!

Sal - So AF has made an appearance with you too huh? Guess I moght need to go to the store and get some supplies JIC.

That must have been so frustrating that DD didn't eat the pureed stuff you'd made S soft foods...like boiled pumpkin and potato? that sort of thing?

AFU- I don't want to get too hopeful too soon but B seems to be back to his 'normal' sleeping patterns the last three nights he only woke up once and he had 3 nearl 2 hour naps yesterday and he just woke up from his second nearly 2 hour nap today

Thanks Dr T- DH did mention the other night we should get someone in to bless the place. DH would prefer a priest but I'm thinking more alternative than that IYGWIM I have a lady in mind so I might get her to come when DH is at work- naughty arn't I. that B is back to normal sleep patterns...it sure does take alot out of you when your up a couple of times a night. it stays like that!

Gumnut is travelling nicely except she has developed abit of a cough. Only at night and its a dry cough. She doesn't have a temp or anything. I have realised I am one of those worry wart mothers which I never thought I would be I stayed awake cause I was scared she had whopping cough Just bizarre of me to be soo anxious considering I'm a nurse!!!

My emotions are abit down lately- I have started the countdown to going back to work (sorry girls-still talking about it ) Gosh I am going to miss gumnut- I know she will be fine with DH, I just hope she doesn't miss me as much as I am going to miss her My wonderful SIL is going to go out with me on the weekend and try and keep me out the whole day so gumnut gets used to being away from me (or is it vice versa??). The longest I have been away from her is 2 hours and I went nuts!

Ok, wil try not to harp on it any further- sorry

Delph - Don't worry about talking about going back to work I know how hard it is going to be I don't talk about having to start work again in Jan, like not talking about it means it's not relly going to happen But I am going to miss B so much, and I'm going to have to put him in day care and I constantly think of how much of his growing up I'm going to miss. Thankfully I'm only going back 3 days a week until he's a year old, but then I dread him turning one too IYKWIM. It's so hard.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast