Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~July 1st-15th 2010 #1

grrr, Just wrote a long post and the goddamn net disconnected while i as writing and i clicked the post button and of course it dissapeared .. agh .. so I'm just going to write it all short . lol

Delph: Your not a bad mum .. I just had a long trip to the south coast and Ayva cried but ony for 10 mins then fell asleep ... I dunno what I'd have done if she screamed that bad..

Also, I'm planning on getting a 'De-humidifying Dry Egg' for every room .. Google them, They might help you

Dr Tal: I'll make my clothes album public and post the link here so you can see them

xxxx

[url=http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=33721&id=100001296518482&l=6c425cb6d 9]My creations .. hehe | Facebook[/url]

Thats the album link ..

I love these clothes M2A!!!! Awesome!!

Hey ladies!

Sal - big hugs, if you are lurking. We are all thinking of you xx

Delph - you are not a bad mum. I'm sure your DH drove extra carefully and as my mum said once when my DD was screaming in the car seat "We never had car seats and anchor points like this when we had babies and you all turned out ok!"

We all have terrible mum moments, I have had several recently and although I feel absolutely terrible at the time you just need to move on! Gumnut won't even remember it!

M2A - those clothes are gorgeous! Yep I think definitely a pink dress for X would be great You are very talented.

Dr T - that sounds really positive about your big boy returning to normal, as much as possible anyway! Also I had a chuckle when I read about B rolling and finding his way over to your dog and sucking their paw! What a clever boy B is

Is he crawling yet??

Jessey - hey! How's things with your two lovely girls? Are they behaving themselves?

AFU: X seems to be going through a growth spurt or something... we're back to lots of wakeups overnight and day sleeps hit and miss - I either have to feed him to sleep or hold him in the sling and jiggle him off to sleep. I don't mind so much during the day as he is still pretty happy, but overnight its getting hard... the last two nights I've woken DH around 3am as I'm so tired and getting frustrated with the non-sleeping baby...

It just sucks, we did it so tough with DD when she was little, we seriously deserve a good sleeper this time round... please cross fingers for me that when we're through this growth spurt things settle down again!

Apart from that he is still a very happy little boy. Has found his voice and makes happy little screams all the time now, very cute. He's getting pretty good at rolling back to tummy, tummy to back we haven't managed yet but he can swing his pelvis up off the ground and that's the starting point!

DD is so much better with him - she's stopped hitting him and almost always is gentle when she tries to play with him! Almost always!!

Someone asked a while back about how we are going without wrapping - it seems fine, a bit hard to tell with his bad sleeping at the moment though! But he seems to have lost the startle reflex and was just breaking out of the swaddle so we stopped it.

And someone else asked about DD's teething experience - she got quite miserable, it would start with general whinginess, lots of drool, shoving everything in her mouth, then she'd get the red rosy cheeks (or just one cheek sometimes ) and then we'd sometimes be able to see a red bulge in her gum, followed by a white spot or line and then the next day or so a tooth would appear!

But she was pretty miserable before each one broke through, her sleep when even further out the window, we were on hourly wake ups for a while, until we'd give in and dose her with panadol. She'd also get pretty nasty runny poos, which apparently hasn't been proven to be linked with teething, but hey, in my experience it was.

Ahh all these good things we have to look forward to!!!

Hope you guys are all having a good week so far!

Delph - You need to clean out your inbox some. I tried to send you a PM but it said you were full...which is odd since you said you paid for platinum membership....maybe they've not given you the increased mailbox space yet. huh.

M2A - WOW...those are really nice. I might have to get you to make something for B as well!

Don't you hate it when you write a super long post and then loose it? Always SO frustrating!

OP - LOL no, B's not crawling yet, but he's giving it a good go. He'll either hold his head and chest up and push himself around in circles with his toes, or he'll have his bum up with is legs under him but his arms out and forehead into the ground and push with his legs and drive his forehead into the ground

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that X settles back and sleeps good for you again and that his nighttime wakings are just a growth spurt!

Huh, that's funny about the runny poos. I just read something today by an expert that reckons "teething has not been associated with any discomfort" and that "if you baby is unsettled with a fever, runny nose is pulling at their ears etc..that it's not teething your baby is sick and to seek medical attention immediately" which I thought was a load of bull. Practically every mother I've ever spoken to has said how painful teething was for their baby and they had some symptom (fever, runny nose, ear pulling...whatever) that went along with it. Not saying that if your baby is showing those symtoms (and badly) that you shouldn't take them to the doctor, but I completely disagreed with none of them being related to teething and ESPECIALLY disagreed that teething 'is not painful' :WTF:

AFU - B's been rolling onto his stomach in the night and it's been worrying me heaps. I wake up to every little sound he makes now. I think he's only rolling when he's starting to wake up, but I'm really paranoid about him srolling when he's properly asleeo abd sleeping on his tummy and SIDS and whatnot. He's also started to wake up twice a night instead of just the once, so I'm not sure if the two of them are related or not.....pity babies don't come with an instruction manual

Move went ok except origin didn't get the power on til a day after they were meant to which meant no lights or hot water or dinner lucky my Nan came to the rescue and made us an AWESOME roast (she spoils me )
    The 1st night here (the one without power) DD1 was really unsettled cried and wanted to go "home" but the next night she was fine. Shay however... She's a real home body so she has been unsettled since the 14th until yesterday/today.
    Also we got a dog. A bit sooner than we had planned but DP loves dogs and clearly couldn't wait
    Lyla has named her Daisy, no idea where she got it lol this is her, she's 3 quarter english staffy 1 quarter ?
    [URL="http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k17/Jessey-Leah/Daisy/IMG_0095.jpg"]http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k17/Jessey-Leah/Daisy/IMG_0095.jpg[/URL]

Dr Tal - Lyla would only sleep on her belly til she was about 5-6 months old mw in hossy said if that's the way she likes it then so be it. It used to be the way everyone slept their babies. I always had her close and we didn't have any issues

OP - X starts sleeping well for you again soon.

M2A - Do you sell the dresses? Would love a few for the girls in this warm weather.

delph - you are not a bad mum, you did what you felt was best solution at the time, and as OP's mum pointed out
    "We never had car seats and anchor points like this when we had babies and you all turned out ok!"
    if i missed anyone sorry and

Salad thinking of you and your hubby, hope all is well

Hi Girls, just a quick one hi to everyone, we still havent had an appointment with peter mac in melbourne so we are taking that as a postive that he is not an urgent case, in saying that though if we have not heard by thursday we will be following it up. To top it off I am sick and not sleeping again and had a huge meltdown today and poor DD copped it, I smacked her very hard poor little soul, talk about proud mummy moments hey. I feel terrible, sleep deprivation is evil.

Dr Tal - just quickly in regards to B rolling onto his belly, there is a thing called the safet T sleep wrap google it and see what you think, he may not like it but at least its piece of mind. If you want to try before you buy yell out as I have one here that my SIL gave me you could borrow it if you like, I will post it up to you. I replied to your email and got a message back saying you were on Maternity leave so not sure if it got through to you.

For those who wanted to add me on their facebook PM me and I will let you know what name to search for.

Sal xoxo

Sorry for the lack of personals.

Sal - yeah I got your e-mail. That's an automatic notification thingy, mostly so that anything work related can get passed on to the relevant person and isn't waiting 6 months till I got back to work So consequently I ignore all the work related e-mails but read any of my personal ones

I will have to google that safet T wrap. Thanks for the offer to borrow yours. I'll let you know after I have a look!

Sorry to hear you are so sleep deprived. I am sure it's because of all the stress. Is ther anything you can do to try and relax before you go to bed? I know easier said then done.

Jessey - Gorgeous little puppy. Then again I think any puppy is cute as

Glad to hear both your girls have finally settled in.

to everyone else.

all.

Dr T- thanks for that -I will empty my inbox when I finish here. I understand your concerns about B sleeping on his tummy. Gumnut sometimes does too and my midwife say as long as they can roll back over themselves its not a problem. Gumnut cant do that yet so I am always waking during the night to check on her. She hasn;t rolled over in the cot yet thankgod..

Sal: Thanks for popping in. If you ever need to vent just do so here- we don't mind. Don't bottle things up. Do you have family around you that can look after DD so you can catch up on some sleep? Don't be hard on yourself- you have alot on your plate

Jessey- Daisy is adorable.. I love puppies!! I hope Shay gets used to her new home soon so you can get some zzzzzz's too- gee we are a sleep deprived crew latley..

M2A do you make those clothes? Would love to see more- I'm a sucker for buying things for gumnut

AFU: Things going along as normal- nothing to report really HAs been hot here recently so it makes it hard to get out during the day. The car gets so hot. Now we are doing most of our stuff in the morning. My fitness regime is going ok We are still going for evening walks and eating better but the exercise videos are collecting dust

See you all later!

REALLY REALLY quick as I am suppose to be cleaning the houuse

just wanted to say LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE your avvy Delph!

AND my B update....because I am SO proud of him hehehe. He's finally learned to blow proper raspberries! He doesn't just poke his tongue out and make a noise anymore, he actually gets the toungue vibrate thing. I think he's as proud of himself for doing it as I am

Gotta go vaccuum and mop now (is there a walking out dejectedly icon?? There should be)

Thanks Dr T...its ridiculous how pleased one can be with an avvy...

That is adorable with B!!! I can just imagine how pleased he would be- babies are soo cute when they are pleased with themselves.

I know what you mean about the housework thing to- its never ending but even getting a chance to hang the washing out uninterrupted is a challenge right now. gosh, I don't know how DH is going to survive being the stay at home dad. I told him I expect everything to be done when I get home I wonder what the chance of that is of happening...LOL

Cya!

Double post again! This is becoming a habit..lol...

Delph... Loving your avvy too!!!! It's awesome. What's the significance?

Hi everyone... On the phone again so can't write a long reply sorry...

Hi Girls just dropping in quickly, DH has a consultation at Peter Mac on the 11th of November so we will take the 2.5 hour trek to melb.
    I launched my website today too look up www dot divinematernity dot com dot au I will also be a Market Place member here on BB

Hey OP: My avvy has an owl and a moon in it- I love owls and the moon! I have an owl tattoo with the owl sitting on a branch with the full moon behind it.

Sal: woohoo- I'm excited about your website- will go and have a look right away everything goes well with DH's appoint. Is it a follow up appoint on the initial melanoma or to see if theres more IYGWIM. Am thinking of you

Great Site Sal!! Awesome job

I wish this was around when I was pregnant...will look for future pregnancies tho

Sal - Love the website! I have a question for you. What colour is the puddle nursing singlet? As I really like my black one, and want to get another and am thinking about getting a different colour this time, but I can't remember which one was the 'puddle'.

Also that's good you finally have a date for your DH's exam. As delph said feel free to unload here all you want/need to.

Delph - OOOO sounds like a nice tat! It is funny how excited you can get about your avvy. I know I was just dying to see mine and I just LOVE it!

getta run B just woke and wants a feed

Dr Tal- The Puddle colour is a bluey colour, its a hard colour to explain. The supplier is reshooting her entire range so didnt have a photo for me. I have put a picture up for you if you want to have a look its the best I can find. Sorry.

Delph - Love the avvy.

Hi everyone else.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast